March 28, 2024, 12:21:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390646 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: April 11, 2012, 02:59:21 PM »

Very wrong Muffey!
Talk about racism! 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: April 11, 2012, 03:01:56 PM »

Very wrong Muffey!
Talk about racism! 

These comments of mine are in regards to what that Michelle said in previous article that Muffers posted..didn't realize that we would be changing pages and my post would to ake sense lol..although it would not be the first time...lol

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: April 11, 2012, 03:02:53 PM »

Darn iPad..changes my words. Grrrr

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #383 on: April 11, 2012, 03:11:21 PM »

Today, Attorney General Eric Holder spoke at the National Action Network Convention in New York. Its tagline: No Justice, No Peace. He was introduced by Al Sharpton, the rabblerousing, race-baiting MSNBC host who has inserted himself into the Trayvon Martin shooting case and threatened the city of Sanford, Florida with civil disobedience.

Holder said:

Now I know that many of you are greatly, and rightly, concerned about the recent shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, a young man whose future has been lost to the ages. As most of you know, three weeks ago the Department of Justice launched an investigation into this incident which remains open at this time and prevents me from talking in detail about his matter. But I can tell you that in recent weeks Justice Department officials … have traveled to Sanford, Florida to meet with the Martin family, the community, and local authorities.

The FBI is assisting local law enforcement officials … the Justice Department’s peacemakers are continuing to meet with civil rights leaders, law enforcement officers, and area residents to address and to help alleviate community tensions …

In all of these discussions, we’re listening carefully to concerns, and we’re emphasizing that the Department will conduct a thorough and independent review of the evidence … I can assure you that in this investigation and in all cases, we will examine the facts and the law. If we find evidence of a potential federal criminal civil rights crime, we will take appropriate action ...   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/11/Holder-Sharpton-Trayvon
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #384 on: April 11, 2012, 03:11:57 PM »

What if george is out of the country by now?  What happens?
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #385 on: April 11, 2012, 03:35:47 PM »

Carney: No More From Obama on Trayvon Martin

by Keith Koffler on April 11, 2012, 1:26 pm

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney today said President Obama will make no further comments on the Trayvon Martin case.

“I certainly don’t think you’ll hear from him,” Carney said, noting that there is an “ongoing investigation” in the case.

Carney suggested the White House is now imposing a wall of silence on the matter. “He and I and others will refrain from commenting on it,” he said.

Carney did not say that Obama had erred in addressing the case last month when the president suggested sympathy for Martin and remarked that if he had a son, he would look like him. The case was also under investigation then.

Martin, who is black, was shot and killed by George Zimmerman, who is half white and half Hispanic, during an altercation February 26 in Sanford, Florida. Zimmerman has said he was acting in self defense, but many African Americans and black leaders charge he was the victim of a racially motivated attack

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/04/11/carney-obama-trayvon-martin/
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: April 11, 2012, 03:51:28 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/george-zimmerman-the-possible-charges-he-could-face/2012/04/11/gIQA9LRyAT_story.html

George Zimmerman: The charges he could face
By Elizabeth Flock, Wednesday, April 11, 2:19 PM

::snipping2::
The charges that Zimmerman could face include second-degree murder and manslaughter.

According to MSNBC, first-degree murder is not an option because Corey did not take the case to a grand jury.

Murder in the second degree, under Florida law, is defined as “the unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual.”

To charge Zimmerman with murder in the second degree, the state would need to prove that he committed the act regardless of human life.

Zimmerman’s attorneys, however, could argue the shooting was “lawful” because it was done in self-defense.

A conviction of murder in the second degree is punishable by life in prison under Florida law.

The other possible charge, manslaughter, is defined as a killing done without premeditation, and is often handed down when the killer is judged to have been caught in the “heat of the moment.”

Under Florida law, manslaughter is described as “the killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification... and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder.”

An argument of negligence in this case could be made if prosecutors proved Zimmerman followed Martin, even after a police dispatcher told him not to.

A conviction of manslaughter is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: April 11, 2012, 04:18:11 PM »

I think that the charges by the special prosecutor will be similar to those in the police report.  We'll see...

From the police report--Offenses Section.

"homicide neglig-
mansl/unnecessary killing to
prevent unlawful act"

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/martinpolicreport.pdf
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #388 on: April 11, 2012, 04:28:01 PM »

Apr 11, 2012 3:38pm

Bar Is High for Proving Hate Crime Case Against George Zimmerman, Says AG Eric Holder

Attorney General Eric Holder called the death of Trayvon Martin a “pain no parent should have to endure,” and said that the Justice Department has a high bar to cross to bring a federal hate crime case against George Zimmerman.

“For a federal hate crime, we have to prove the highest standard in the law it is something that was reckless, that was negligent,” Holder said at a news conference. “We have to show that there was a specific intent to do the crime with the requisite state of mind.”

Asked by ABC News’ Pierre Thomas about his reaction to the murder of Martin as a parent, Holder said, “People have reacted to this on a number of levels. I mean as a parent, I reacted to it [as] this is a pain that no parent should have to endure. The notion of having to bury a child is something that is, I think, in some ways for a parent the ultimate pain, so there was that reaction.”

“We also have, I think, a reaction that is based on issues we have faced in this nation over the years. It brings to the surface many of those issues, so there was that reaction as well,” Holder said.   ::snipping2:: 

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/04/bar-is-high-for-proving-hate-crime-case-against-george-zimmerman-says-ag-eric-holder/
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #389 on: April 11, 2012, 05:01:14 PM »

I can't seem to find anything about Trayvon Martin, was he ever in trouble? was he a good kid anyone know

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #390 on: April 11, 2012, 05:10:43 PM »

While activists, protesters and the parents of Trayvon Martin continue to push for his shooter's arrest, more details are being learned of his suspensions and reported troubles at school.

The 17-year-old was suspended three times in a series of incidents that included getting caught spraying graffiti and carrying an empty baggie with traces of marijuana, according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by the Miami Herald.

The report details an incident from October, when a school police investigator said he spotted Martin on a surveillance camera "hiding and being suspicious" in an unauthorized area at Krop High School.

The investigator later saw Martin mark a door with "W.T.F." or "what the f--k," the report said. When the school cop searched Martin's backpack the next day looking for the graffiti marker, he reported he found women's jewelry and a screwdriver described as a "burglary tool," the report said.

According to the report, the 12 pieces of jewelry included silver wedding bands, earrings with diamonds and a watch. The investigator asked about the jewelry and "Martin replied it's not mine. A friend gave it to me," the report said.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Trayvon-Martin-Suspended-From-School-Three-Times-Report-144403305.html
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #391 on: April 11, 2012, 05:15:31 PM »

Of course he will be charged with something. If she does not, there will be mayhem ! I do think that a jury is the one to decide his guilt or innocence after seeing all the evidence in this case. 

Good evening Monkey's,

Where are the flower children when you need them?  Smile

OT

I needed a laugh. PG rating, IMO, but on the edge.

Hippies and Flower Children, Body Body Painting of the 1960's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_qaVmLBNm4

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: April 11, 2012, 05:21:18 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/11/experts-zimmerman-should-lay-low-stop-talking/
Experts: Zimmerman should lay low, stop talking
April 11, 2012

Jack Schafer, a professor at Western Illinois University and a former FBI behavioral analyst, said Zimmerman's behavior hasn't been erratic. After all, Schafer said, he wasn't charged with any crime and was free to go wherever he wanted after he cooperated with authorities the night of the shooting.

"If I were him, I'd go somewhere in hiding," said Schafer. "His life is at risk, not by jurisprudence, but by angry people who are rushing to judgment."

Schafer said he thinks Zimmerman will cooperate with law enforcement once the charges are announced.

"If he was going to flee, he would have flown by now," said Schafer. "He adamantly maintains he did nothing wrong. If he believes he did nothing wrong, why would he need to flee, except from the press and the vigilantes."

Zimmerman showed the strain on the website he set up for himself, adorned with the American flag.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: April 11, 2012, 05:24:01 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/10/opinion/dershowitz-trayvon-prosecutor-nightmare/?hpt=hp_t1
Prosecutor's quandary: Zimmerman may be indicted, then acquitted
By Alan M. Dershowitz , Special to CNN
April 11, 2012

(CNN) -- On the basis of the evidence currently in the public record, one likely outcome of the case against George Zimmerman is a mixed one: There may be sufficient evidence for a reasonable prosecutor to indict him for manslaughter, but there may also be doubt sufficient for a reasonable jury to acquit him.

Any such predictions should be accepted with an abundance of caution, however, because the evidence known to the special prosecutor, but not to the public, may paint a different picture. It may be stronger or weaker.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: April 11, 2012, 05:34:47 PM »

I can't seem to find anything about Trayvon Martin, was he ever in trouble? was he a good kid anyone know

He was suspended from school.  Something about Marijuana.  Not an angel, IMO. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: April 11, 2012, 05:47:07 PM »

He will be charged with 2nd degree murder

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/11/zimmerman-to-be-charged-by-florida-special-prosecutor-report-says/

George Zimmerman to Be Charged With 2nd-Degree Murder in Death of Trayvon Martin, AP Reports

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #396 on: April 11, 2012, 05:49:17 PM »

JUST IN: AP: George Zimmerman to be charged with 2nd-degree murder; is in custody.

http://baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/4/11/trayvon_martin_zimme?cmpid=facebook

I sure hope they are doing this for the RIGHT reasons.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: April 11, 2012, 06:32:23 PM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20120411/NEWS07/120411039/Watch-live-George-Zimmerman-charged-2nd-degree-murder-Trayvon-Martin-death
Watch live: George Zimmerman charged with 2nd-degree murder in Trayvon Martin death
April 11, 2012

SANFORD, Fla. — George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida, has been arrested and charged with second-degree murder in the 17-year-old's death, officials said today.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey said at a press conference in Jacksonville that the 28-year-old Zimmerman is in custody. She wouldn't disclose Zimmerman's whereabouts for his safety's sake, but said that he will be in court within 24 hours.

Corey said that authorities did not come to the decision lightly, nor was it based on public pressure.

The charge carries a maximum sentence of life in prison. Second-degree murder is typically charged when there is a fight or other confrontation that results in death and where there is no premeditated plan to kill someone.
On Wednesday, Attorney General Eric Holder also said the Justice Department is conducting a thorough and independent review of the case after launching its own investigation three weeks ago.
Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: April 11, 2012, 06:36:13 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Official-George-Zimmerman-to-be-charged-with-2nd-degree-murder-in-Martin-s-death/-/1637132/10539330/-/13vuqhq/-/index.html
George Zimmerman charged with 2nd-degree murder in Trayvon Martin's death
Neighborhood watch leader fatally shot teen in Sanford

April 11, 2012

ORLANDO, Fla. -

George Zimmerman was taken into custody Wednesday on second-degree murder charges in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey made the announcement at a news conference in Jacksonville.  Corey said Zimmerman turned himself in to authorities but wouldn't say where he is.

Corey says that authorities did not come to the decision lightly, nor was it based on public pressure.
When asked by Local 6 reporter Tony Pipitone what specific evidence was uncovered to bring the charges against Zimmerman, Corey said she wouldn't discuss details about the case.

"That will be in court, detailed evidence -- that's why we try cases in court," Corey said.  "That would be commenting on the facts of the case, and we are not going to do that at this time."

Second-degree murder carries a maximum sentence of life in prison and is typically charged when there is a fight or other confrontation that results in death and where there is no premeditated plan to kill someone.

Prior to Corey's announcement, Local 6 News learned that its legal expert, Orlando attorney Mark O'Mara, had been retained to represent Zimmerman.

Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday that he would act if evidence of a civil rights crime is found in the shooting.
Video at Link

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: April 11, 2012, 06:41:09 PM »

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/4/11/report_mark_o_mara_n/

Report: Mark O'Mara new attorney for George Zimmerman
Last Updated: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 @ 06:23PM

ORLANDO --
CNN says an Orlando attorney is the new counsel for George Zimmerman, the man accused of shooting and killing Trayvon Martin in Sanford back in February.

CNN legal analyst Mark Nejame says Mark O'Mara will serve as attorney for George Zimmerman.

According to his website O'Mara, whose office is in Orlando, specializes in crminal law and family law. He is also a former prosecutor, and is the president of the Seminole County Bar Association.

O'Mara has been practicing law in Central Florida for 28 years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.