March 28, 2024, 07:01:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390578 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #440 on: April 12, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »

Mike Tyson on George Zimmerman: ‘It’s a disgrace he hasn’t been shot yet’

::snipping2::  "My personal feeling is that, as a young kid that was beat on by a bully, that was pretty much singled out—the guy [Zimmerman] stalked him, didn't follow instructions from a superior officer, when they said, 'Stop following the kid.' That tells you everything right there. But my all-around perspective, I wasn't there, I don't know what happened. But it's just so widespread and overt what happened. Even though this is the best country in the world, certain laws in this country are a disgrace to a nation of savages. It's a majority versus a minority. That's the way God planned it. He didn't want to do something about it, He wanted us to do something about it. And if we don't, it's gonna stay this way. We have to continue tweeting, we have to continue marching, we have to continue fighting for Trayvon Martin. If that's not the case, he was killed in vain, and we're just waiting for it to happen to our children. He'll have gotten away with impunity. It's a disgrace that man hasn't been dragged out of his house and tied to a car and taken away. That's the only kind of retribution that people like that understand. It's a disgrace that man hasn't been shot yet. Forget about him being arrested--the fact that he hasn't been shot yet is a disgrace. That's how I feel personally about it."   ::snipping2:: 

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mike-tyson-trayvon-martin-case-disgrace-george-zimmerman-221115400.html
Wait a sec...isn't this the same guy that beats women and bites off ears when he's losing????

These are my opinions and subject to change.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: April 12, 2012, 11:34:32 AM »

::snipping2::  "My personal feeling is that, as a young kid that was beat on by a bully, that was pretty much singled out—the guy [Zimmerman] stalked him, didn't follow instructions from a superior officer, when they said, 'Stop following the kid.' That tells you everything right there. But my all-around perspective, I wasn't there, I don't know what happened. But it's just so widespread and overt what happened. Even though this is the best country in the world, certain laws in this country are a disgrace to a nation of savages. It's a majority versus a minority. That's the way God planned it. He didn't want to do something about it, He wanted us to do something about it. And if we don't, it's gonna stay this way. We have to continue tweeting, we have to continue marching, we have to continue fighting for Trayvon Martin. If that's not the case, he was killed in vain, and we're just waiting for it to happen to our children. He'll have gotten away with impunity. It's a disgrace that man hasn't been dragged out of his house and tied to a car and taken away. That's the only kind of retribution that people like that understand. It's a disgrace that man hasn't been shot yet. Forget about him being arrested--the fact that he hasn't been shot yet is a disgrace. That's how I feel personally about it."   ::snipping2:: 

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mike-tyson-trayvon-martin-case-disgrace-george-zimmerman-221115400.html
Wait a sec...isn't this the same guy that beats women and bites off ears when he's losing????

EXACTLY...his words mean nothing!

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #442 on: April 12, 2012, 11:40:49 AM »

EXACTLY...his words mean nothing!
Well, to someone with his mentality it means that person would be a hero in the eyes of MT if he takes out GZ.  So, imo, this is the same as TNBP group putting a bounty on GZ's head.  Sooner or later some hate-filled idiot will act on words like this.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: April 12, 2012, 12:01:03 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/george-zimmerman-lawyer-mark-o-mara-seasoned-criminal-defense-attorney-media-bias-casey-anthony-case-article-1.1060337?localLinksEnabled=false
George Zimmerman’s lawyer Mark O’Mara is seasoned criminal defense attorney, TV legal analyst
Lawyer worked as legal analyst for local Florida station; familiar face during Casey Anthony trial

April 12, 2012

George Zimmerman's fight against serving life in prison will be led by an experienced defense attorney whose face has been all over Florida TV talking about Trayvon Martin’s killing and before that, the Casey Anthony trial.

Mark O'Mara will appear in court to represent Zimmerman on Thursday afternoon when the neighborhood watchman pleads not guilty to second-degree murder charges.

O'Mara told CNN Wednesday night he was surprised special prosecutor Angela Corey charged Zimmerman with second-degree murder for shooting Martin on Feb. 26.

O'Mara, who has had less than 24 hours to get up to speed on the case, said, "That type of crime sort of suggests that he did something truly unlawful ...

And I think the evidence so far suggests there was at least question and controversy over what happened."
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: April 12, 2012, 12:05:10 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2012/04/12/case-against-george-zimmerman-whats-next-after-charges
The case against George Zimmerman: What's next after charges?
By Sean Hannity
April 11, 2012

This is a rush transcript from "Hannity," April 11, 2012. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

SEAN HANNITY, HOST: And this is a Fox News alert. You are looking at brand new video of George Zimmerman arriving at the Sanford Police Station in Florida. Now he can be seen exiting from a black SUV with his head and his face covered. His arrival happened just a short time ago. And these are the first images of him that we have seen since the police released surveillance video inside the station the night of Trayvon shooting.

Now, here's a look at the booking photo that was processed right after his arrival. And also, brand new tonight, 45 days after the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman has been charged with second-degree murder. Now, the special prosecutor for the case held a press conference earlier this evening announcing the charges. Let's take a look at this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ANGELA COREY, PROSECUTOR: Let me emphasize that we do not prosecute by public pressure or by petition. We prosecute based on the facts of any given case, as well as the laws of the state of Florida. Today we filed an information charging George Zimmerman with murder in the second degree. A capias has been issued for his arrest. With the filing of that information and the issuance of the capias, he will have the right to appear in front of the magistrate in Seminole County within 24 hours of his arrest and thus formal prosecution will begin.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: Now, after he was charged, the Martin family, they responded.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SYBRINA FULTON, MOTHER OF TRAYVON MARTIN: First of all, I want to say thank God.

(APPLAUSE)

We simply wanted an arrest. We wanted nothing more, nothing less. We just wanted an arrest and we got it. And I say thank you. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Jesus.

Secondly, I just want to speak from my heart to your heart because a heart has no color. It's not black, it's not white. It's red. And I want to say thank you from my heart to your heart.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: Now, shortly after Zimmerman's newly-hired Attorney Mark O'Mara held a press conference where he told reporters that he was not concerned about Zimmerman's mental state, and that his client will plead not guilty to the charge.

Joining me now with the very latest, Fox 35 reporter Shannon Butler, criminal defense Attorney Rebecca Rose Woodland and also joining us prosecutor Anna-Sigga Nicolazzi. Did I get it right?

ANNA-SIGGA NICOLAZZI, PROSECUTOR: Yes.

HANNITY: Finally, I did it, amazing.

More... (2 pg transcript) 
Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: April 12, 2012, 12:06:34 PM »

Casey Anthony’s lawyer: George Zimmerman’s a victim of prosecutor's ‘political prostitution’

Cheney Mason, the freewheeling criminal defense attorney who successfully defended tot mom Casey Anthony, is shaking his head over the second-degree murder charge against George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin.

The charge leveled by prosecutor Angela Corey is too severe and reeks of political calculus, Mason said.

“It’s political prostitution,” Mason said. “Now I don’t have all the facts – no one does – but you look at what we know of the case and it looks like the prosecutor bowed to other pressures.

“The fact is there is lots of racial bigotry in this case,” Mason said. “And a lot of it is coming from the side of Trayvon Martin’s family. I can understand why his family is upset. They lost a child. But they weren’t at the crime scene. None of us was.”  ::snipping2:: 

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2012/04/casey-anthonys-lawyer-george-zimmermans-a-victim-of-prosecutors-political-prostitution.html#storylink=cpy
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: April 12, 2012, 12:32:39 PM »

Trayvon Martin’s Dad Wants to Hear ‘Truth’ from George Zimmerman

As George Zimmerman sits in a Florida jail cell awaiting his first court appearance on charges of second-degree murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, the teen’s father says he has one question for the man who has admitted to shooting his 17-year-old son.

“The truth.  I just want to hear the truth from him,” Tracy Martin said today on “Good Morning America.”  “I would ask him, why Trayvon, and why couldn’t he have just stayed in his vehicle like the dispatcher instructed him to do."   ::snipping2:: 

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/04/trayvon-martins-dad-reveals-wants-to-hear-truth-from-george-zimmerman/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: April 12, 2012, 12:32:44 PM »

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304356604577339693485874760.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
George Zimmerman to Appear in Court
April 12, 2012

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.—George Zimmerman, who was charged with second-degree murder in the fatal February shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, is expected to make his first court appearance Thursday.

Mr. Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara said at a news conference Wednesday that his client would plead not guilty and was "troubled by everything that has happened."
Mr. Zimmerman was booked into a correctional facility Wednesday night in Sanford, Fla. The court appearance is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. EDT Thursday.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: April 12, 2012, 12:38:55 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5heLdqFJicYjEpktxhARt1JNobCrw?docId=3478dc00dece49b284c142cdaa7be9d2
Prosecutors face hurdles in Trayvon Martin case
By GREG BLUESTEIN, Associated Press
April 12, 2012

This Wednesday, April 11, 2012 booking photo provided by the Sanford Police Department shows George Zimmerman. Zimmerman, 28, the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder Wednesday after weeks of mounting tensions and protests across the country. His attorney, Mark O'Mara, said his client would plead not guilty. (AP Photo/Sanford Police Department)

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #449 on: April 12, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »

Mom of dead Fla. teen clarifies 'accident' remark

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) -- Trayvon Martin's mother says the encounter between her son and a neighborhood watch volunteer was an accident, not the shooting that left her 17-year-old son dead.

Sybrina Fulton clarified her remarks Thursday to The Associated Press after she referred to what happened to her son on NBC's "Today" show as an accident.

Some viewers interpreted her remark to mean she was referring to the shooting, but she says that isn't what she meant. She says the encounter between Martin and George Zimmerman was the accident.   ::snipping2:: 

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NEIGHBORHOOD_WATCH_MOTHER?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-04-12-12-16-23
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: April 12, 2012, 12:56:05 PM »

An interesting comment from a New Yorker article:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/closeread/2012/04/chasing-george-zimmerman.html?mbid=gnep&google_editors_picks=true
Charging George Zimmerman
April 11, 2012

“I will confirm that Mr. Zimmerman is indeed in custody,” Angela Corey, the special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case, said at a press conference on Wednesday night. She said that she had started the process of charging George Zimmerman with second-degree murder, and that before stepping up to the microphone she had spoken to “those sweet parents”—Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin—and told them what she was doing to get “justice for Trayvon.” The first time she met them, she said, they had prayed together, but she told them she couldn’t promise anything. This evening, she helped to deliver them some compensation for their tenacity and love in pursuing the case, if not—and this would have been impossible—for the loss of their son.

“Let me emphasize that we do not prosecute by public pressure or by petition,” or in the media, Corey said. And yet one has to wonder if Florida would have managed this without those factors.

Comments:

I am disturbed by the prosecutor's behavior. Ms. Corey is a prosecutor who is more interested in making the long-suffering parents - those sweet people - happy than being a dispassionate attorney. Her duty is to evaluate the facts and evidence fairly and determine what is in the best interest of justice. Praying with the family? This should be about making rational decisions and not becoming an advocate for the family. Any good prosecutor knows that your job is not tied up with what the victim (or, in this case, the victim's family) wants, it's about making the community safe and seeing that people are held accountable for their crimes. If prosecutors focus on vicitm's wants solely, thousands of domestic violence cases would be dropped because the victim has changed their mind and wants the abuser back in the home. In my many years as a criminal defense attorney, I've learned to respect prosecutors who use their own discretion. Outside pressures, the demands of the community, or a personal stake in a criminal matter have no place in a truly fair system of justice. I certainly acknowledge that victims can and should be heard by the Court, but only after the prosecution has fulfilled its proper role. I do not mean to take anything away from the parents' and community's important and proper role in insisting that this case be fully investigated and fairly evaluated by the State's Attorney's office. Our criminal justice system can only work when the prosecution pursues its role of prosecuting cases as a duty to enforce the laws of the state, not out of a personal relationship with the victims. I'm pleased that this case is finally being properly investigated and looked at as a serious crime that warrants prosecution. Here, Ms. Corey is unprofessionally too close to the victims and not able to take that important step back to decide what must be done to ensure that she do what she must do to ensure a rational and fair prosecution of this case.
Posted 4/12/2012, 4:18:07am by DGZ

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: April 12, 2012, 01:05:11 PM »

Oh lawdy me.  Judge Belvin Perry    He let the defense team basically help Casey get away with murder imo. JMHO
Self edit to add, Judge Perry was so concerned about a mistrial, he allowed all kinds of shenanigans.  JMHO

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/169759/special-prosecutor-in-trayvon-martin-case-the-media-has-helped/
Special prosecutor in Trayvon Martin case: ‘The media has helped’
By Julie Moos
April 12, 2012

lorida State Attorney and special prosecutor Angela Corey praised journalists during the news conference in which she announced that George Zimmerman has been charged with murder in the second degree for the February 26th shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

“It is regrettable that so many facts and details got released and misconstrued,” Corey said Wednesday evening. “But we hope that — and the media has helped, toning it down a lot and making sure that people understand Florida law and the process. And we hope that people will continue to do that.”

On CNN, legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin noted that Florida’s Sunshine laws mean cameras in the courtroom for Zimmerman’s trial.

“This trial will be a trial by television,” Toobin said.
The judge assigned the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case is likely to call Judge Perry, said lawyer Alison Steele, who represents the Poynter Institute and the Tampa Bay Times. Steele agrees with Perry that there are some cases “that devolve into theater, where people punch it up like they punch up ‘Dancing with the Stars.’ ” But that is no reason to restrict the public’s access to the trial, which requires cameras in the courtroom.
“This is an incredibly important case to Florida. It’s an incredibly important case to the nation,” Steele said by phone Wednesday night. “It’s important that it’s happening in a state that has such broad Sunshine rules. There are people who are not watching this as entertainment. They’re watching it to find out what’s going on in our judicial system. Is everyone behaving? Is everyone performing their jobs in a way that the people they serve — and that’s us, the public — approve of?”
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:10:03 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: April 12, 2012, 01:09:35 PM »

La Raza President: Blacks, Hispanics Should Team Up Against 'Common Enemies'

READY FOR WAR?

La Raza Head Advocates Black-Hispanic 'Attack' Force

Just in case tensions weren't high enough in the Trayvon Martin case, the head of a controversial Hispanic group appears happy to pour gasoline on the fire.

Calling for an African-American-Hispanic alliance against "common enemies", La Raza President Janet Murguia used Wednesday's Al Sharpton radio show to spread an incendiary message of hate. Happy to conveniently overlook George Zimmerman's Peruvian ancestry, Murguia made her divisive agenda abundantly clear.

Though her organization claims mainstream status, its name translates to "The Race" and is always happy to aid campus radicalism.

Amazingly, sitting in for the Reverend (himself busy spreading racial arson across the land) was Andre Eggelletion, the same host recently behind a successful campaign to suspend KFI's John & Ken for wisecracks about Whitney Houston after her recent death. Isn't brazenly planning a race war over public airwaves far more inappropriate than calling the late singer a "crack ho"?

Below, watch as the La Raza president and Sharpton crony casually toss words like "attack" and "enemies" into the conversation:   ::snipping2:: 

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2012/04/la-raza-president-time-for-blacks.html

JANET MURGUIA (PRESIDENT, LA RAZA) (36:39): I think for us it’s about understanding that we have common interests and we have to be able to understand that our demographics today, a lot of people want to pit who’s the largest minority vs. who’s taking over as the largest demographic and all that.

We need to understand that when you put those two demographics together you know when you put sixteen percent of the Latino population now in the US combined with fourteen percent of the African American population is what can we do together now to attack those common enemies? To attack the common barriers that present themselves for us.

When violence results, will these extremists take responsibility, or continue to deflect blame everywhere else? Who will be hurt or killed thanks to their reckless rhetoric?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: April 12, 2012, 01:12:22 PM »

It's really sad there are those that are using this case to further their own selfish agenda.     I feel like we're headed back to the darker era of U.S. history. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: April 12, 2012, 01:14:59 PM »

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0411/Trayvon-Martin-case-reveals-confusion-over-how-Stand-Your-Ground-works
Trayvon Martin case reveals confusion over how Stand Your Ground works
In the wake of the Trayvon Martin tragedy, as well as the rampage last week in Oklahoma, some critics are now wondering whether Stand Your Ground has created a legal no man’s land.
April 11, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: April 12, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/04/george-zimmerman-to-enter-not-guilty-plea-in-court-hearing-today/1
Zimmerman appears briefly at first court hearing
April 12, 2012

Neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman made his first court appearance today in Florida since he was arrested and charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin, the Associated Press reports.

Update at 1:38 p.m. ET: He is joined by his laywer Mark O'Mara. The judge says the next court hearing will be May 29. Zimmerman said nothing during the brief hearing.

Update at 1:36 p.m. ET: The hearing has opened, with Zimmerman arriving wearing dark jail clothing.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: April 12, 2012, 01:50:42 PM »

I heard Trayvon's mother's remarks this morning and she was very clear in my opinion that she thought that the 'shooting' was an accident. Now she is back pedaling and I think that it is because her attorney or Al Sharpton or Jessie got on her or what she said. I was shocked when I heard what she said because my thoughts were, wow, that is oing to help the defense! She said it and ow she is trying to unring the bell IMO...

Mike Tyson is a total idiot with a very low IQ for the remarks that he made..however someone else who considers Tyson a role model will try to take matters into their own hands..reverse discrimination/racism is not except able either.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: April 12, 2012, 01:50:59 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/orlandosentinel

Orlando Sentinel ‏ @orlandosentinel
RT @KevinInOrlando: #zimmerman returns to jail after appearing befoere judge -- Next hearing May 29 http://bit.ly/HzFGPj
28m Orlando Sentinel Orlando Sentinel ‏ @orlandosentinel

RT @ahernandez_OS: special prosecutor #angelacorey just entered the jail. #georgezimmerman http://lockerz.com/s/200722519 #trayvonmartin
View photo
33m Josh Robbins Josh Robbins ‏ @JoshuaBRobbins

Both the prosecutor & #georgezimmerman's attorney Omara walked in at the same time to a stew of photographers and reporters. #trayvonmartin
Retweeted by Orlando Sentinel

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: April 12, 2012, 01:52:08 PM »

Sorry for typos above..^^^^^ darn iPad has a mind of it's own sometimes.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #459 on: April 12, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg told The Daily Caller that he is outraged that TheDC would bother to ask a question regarding the $10,000 “dead or alive” bounty that the New Black Panther Party has issued for George Zimmerman.

Bloomberg spoke at the National Press Club Wednesday about the Trayvon Martin case and “stand your ground” laws and became visibly upset when TheDC asked him about the bounty on Zimmerman.

“I don’t know that to be the case,” Bloomberg retorted about the bounty. “Anybody who puts a bounty on somebody else’s life is acting totally inappropriately. I’m sure it’s illegal, must be illegal. I’m outraged to even be asked the question. Whadya think?”

“I didn’t even know about it until you just told me, thank you very much,” he said angrily. “I appreciate the information. Now I’ve said my piece, okay?”

Zimmerman “was a man with a history of violence,” Bloomberg said in prepared remarks. “I can tell you in New York we would never allow such an individual to carry a gun and neither would many other states.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/11/bloomberg-flips-out-after-thedc-asks-question-about-bounty-on-zimmerman-video/#ixzz1rqiw8Jos
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.