March 28, 2024, 01:12:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390651 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: April 12, 2012, 04:04:26 PM »

I also agree with Chaney Mason ....God help me

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: April 12, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »

As ya'll can see, Klaasend has now set the case up  as "high profile", so we'll be able to have support threads for documents, photos and etc.  

Thank you Klaas  
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:22:48 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: April 12, 2012, 04:27:44 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/12/justice/florida-shooting-charge/index.html
Experts argue appropriateness of murder charge in Martin case
April 12, 2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #483 on: April 12, 2012, 04:29:18 PM »

I know...I was biting my tongue.  But even after that I still agree with him...NEVER thought that I would say anything remotely close to that.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #484 on: April 12, 2012, 05:07:23 PM »

Hello Monkey's,

Does anyone know GZ weight and Height, please?

He looked petite, standing next to his Attorney Smile
I read 5'2, could that be how tall?  TIA

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: April 12, 2012, 05:24:57 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/in-george-zimmerman-case-prosecutors-may-be-hamstrung-by-florida-laws/2012/04/12/gIQAaqjHDT_story_1.html
In George Zimmerman case, prosecutors may be hamstrung by Florida laws
April 12, 2012

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #486 on: April 12, 2012, 05:50:49 PM »

I read that post and thought the same.  Then I had to go lie down until the nausea passed. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: April 12, 2012, 06:22:50 PM »

I read that post and thought the same.  Then I had to go lie down until the nausea passed. 

Lol....

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: April 12, 2012, 06:26:49 PM »

http://webbond.seminolesheriff.org/JailInmateFq.aspx

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: April 12, 2012, 06:30:15 PM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: April 12, 2012, 06:44:04 PM »

http://webbond.seminolesheriff.org/Mailing.aspx
Mailing or Bringing Items to Inmate and Contraband
Arrest Bookings

Contraband is any item not provided to the inmate by the correctional facility or not purchased by the inmate through the correctional commissary except for mail (see mail requirements). You cannot send or bring the inmate anything else. Even bringing or sending the following items to an inmate is prohibited:

Books, battery- or electronically-operated cards, candy, care packages, clothing, envelopes, food, glitter, hygiene items, magazines, medication, Polaroid pictures, snacks, stamps, stickers, writing paper is considered contraband etc.

If you send any of these items to an inmate, the mail will be returned to you. If you bring any of these items with you on visitation, they will be confiscated and you could face prosecution.

The only exceptions are the items below which may be provided to the inmate only in the following manner:

Mail consisting of non-perfumed letters containing nothing other than 1 to 5 photographs no larger than 4 in. x 6 in., but no Polaroids, can be sent to inmates at their respective corrections facility. Any photographs containing nudity will not be issued to the inmate.
 ::snipping2::

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: April 12, 2012, 06:48:39 PM »

Zimmerman housed apart at jail, makes purchases

CNN) -- George Michael Zimmerman, inmate #201200004452, is living in a cell with 67 square feet of floor space, is allowed to read the Bible and magazines, but has no access to TV, according to officials at the central Florida jail where he is being held.

Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder in the February 26 shooting death of Trayvon Martin, 17, in Sanford, is segregated from the general population at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility, according to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

According to jail records, Zimmerman, 28, has purchased $79.84 in items at the facility's commissary, leaving a balance of $41.16. He's allowed to buy items once a week.

The neighborhood watch volunteer's shopping list included contact lens solution, Irish Spring soap, playing cards, puzzle books, Jolly Ranchers candy, two oranges and other snacks, the sheriff's office said in a news release Thursday.

The facility assesses a $10 booking fee and a $3 per day subsistence fee. The fee is deducted from the inmate's trust account.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/12/justice/florida-zimmerman-jail/index.html
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #492 on: April 12, 2012, 06:50:25 PM »

Casey Anthony’s lawyer: George Zimmerman’s a victim of prosecutor's ‘political prostitution’

Cheney Mason, the freewheeling criminal defense attorney who successfully defended tot mom Casey Anthony, is shaking his head over the second-degree murder charge against George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin.

The charge leveled by prosecutor Angela Corey is too severe and reeks of political calculus, Mason said.

“It’s political prostitution,” Mason said. “Now I don’t have all the facts – no one does – but you look at what we know of the case and it looks like the prosecutor bowed to other pressures.

“The fact is there is lots of racial bigotry in this case,” Mason said. “And a lot of it is coming from the side of Trayvon Martin’s family. I can understand why his family is upset. They lost a child. But they weren’t at the crime scene. None of us was.”  ::snipping2:: 

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2012/04/casey-anthonys-lawyer-george-zimmermans-a-victim-of-prosecutors-political-prostitution.html#storylink=cpy

for once I agree with Cheney Mason and I can't believe I'm saying that.  I feel like I need to go wash my hands after typing that.  I think the prosecutor over charged in this case.

I agree ...
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #493 on: April 12, 2012, 06:53:22 PM »

Lol....

Monkey Devil!   
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #494 on: April 12, 2012, 06:58:35 PM »

Harvard Prof. Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit ‘Irresponsible And Unethical’

Harvard University law professor Alan Dershowitz appeared on MSNBC’s Hardball where fill-in host Michel Smerconish asked him his opinions of the arrest warrant issued and carried out for alleged Trayvon Martin murderer, George Zimmerman. Dershowitz called the affidavit justifying Zimmerman’s arrest “not only thin, it’s irresponsible.” He went on to criticize the decision to charge Zimmerman for second degree murder by special prosecutor Angela Cory as being politically motivated.

“You’ve seen the affidavit of probable cause. What do you make of it,” Smerconish asked. “It won’t suffice,” Dershowitz replied without hesitation.

“Most affidavits of probable cause are very thin. This is so thin that it won’t make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge,” Dershowitz said. “There’s simply nothing in there that would justify second degree murder.”

Dershowitz said that the elements that would constitute that crime are non-existent in the affidavit. “It’s not only thin, it’s irresponsible,” said Dershowitz.

Dershowitz went on to strongly criticize Cory’s decision to move forward with the case against Zimmerman. “I think what you have here is an elected public official who made a campaign speech last night for reelection when she gave her presentation and overcharged. This case will not – if the evidence is no stronger than what appears in the probable cause affidavit – this case will result in an acquittal.”  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/harvard-prof-alan-dershowitz-zimmerman-arrest-affidavit-irresponsible-and-unethical/
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: April 12, 2012, 07:01:19 PM »

Wow...thanks Toler.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: April 12, 2012, 07:14:31 PM »

At CPAC, Breitbart Predicted What Left, Media Are Doing in Trayvon Case

In his celebrated address to the Conservative Political Action Conference this past February, Andrew Breitbart predicted that the left and the media would do exactly what they are doing today: concoct false accusations of racism to divide Americans and intimidate opponents of President Barack Obama.

Breitbart specifically singled out Al Sharpton and MSNBC, anticipating that they would cynically use empty "dog whistle" accusations to inflame racial tensions. He noted that it made no sense for Sharpton to have a prime time program "unless you understand what they're doing":

This is gonna be the dog whistle election cycle. They tested it in 2011, so that [Sharpton] and his pal Touré, and that punk, Tim Jacob Wise, and Ed [Schultz], and [Rachel] Maddow can sit there and call everyone who's caucasian racist--"I heard it! I used 'is' instead of 'are'! He's a racist! That's a dog whistle"--[and] ignore it when Congressman [Jim] Moran does it against Allen West--no more! We're gonna go after you.

I bought a dog whistle. I bought a dog whistle factory, and I'm giving you dog whistles. [Applause] And we're gonna listen to every word that comes out of your mouth, and we're gonna hold you to the same standard that you hold us--which is an impossible one--and you're gonna have a hell of a time in 2012 because America's finally awoken to your Saul Alinsky, bullsh** tactics, and we're coming to get you. Thank you very much.  ::snipping2::

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/04/12/At-CPAC-Breitbart-Predicted-What-Left-Media-Are-Doing-in-Trayvon-Case
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #497 on: April 12, 2012, 07:45:26 PM »

Agree Sunshine...

I just heard on HLN that George's attorney is working pro bono

Sybrina Fulton is a fibber Magee...nancy grace is over the top on this case..I can't stand to watch her when she is covering this case...drama crying queen.  IMO

Three nights in a row Nancy has made that 'crying but there are no tears' face each time Trayvon Martin's parents' attorney made an appearance. 

I noticed it too 
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #498 on: April 12, 2012, 07:46:44 PM »

Lawyers in Tampa "stand your ground" case argue for dismissal

TAMPA — Trevor Dooley's lawyers say it was an act of self-defense — pulling the trigger kept him alive.

David James was on top of him, hands around Dooley's neck. Dooley couldn't breathe. He tried to warn James by poking him in the leg twice with a handgun.

When it didn't work, Dooley fired.

Lawyers for Dooley, the man accused of killing his Valrico neighbor, submitted their argument Thursday in a motion asking a judge to dismiss the manslaughter charge against him.

Their main defense? Florida's "stand your ground" law.

The law allows a person to use deadly force to save his own life, even if retreat is possible.

The filing comes at a time when national attention is focused on another Florida case in which the "stand your ground" law has been invoked.

More than six weeks after the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, authorities arrested George Zimmerman Wednesday amid public outcry for justice. Charged with second-degree murder, Zimmerman told Sanford police he shot Martin in self-defense after Martin attacked him.

Dooley's lawyers also say the then 69-year-old was protecting himself when he shot James, 41, after a 2010 argument over skateboarding.  ::snipping2::  

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/lawyers-in-tampa-stand-your-ground-case-argue-for-dismissal/1224750
Edit to fix boo-boo.  MB
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:32:46 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #499 on: April 12, 2012, 07:50:50 PM »

Gosh!! I really made a mess of that post..so sorry!    Fixed.    MB
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:33:24 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.