March 29, 2024, 04:44:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390751 times)
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #500 on: April 12, 2012, 09:09:15 PM »

Al Sharpton, et al really cheapen any cause with which they are affiliated and sadly his association to the Trayvon Martin case has trivialized the events, further alienating people.

Let's be honest though, if a black man murdered a white 17 year old boy under similar circumstances, LE would have pressed charges against said black man.

Did George Zimmerman profile Trayvon?  I think so, but for me the only thing that matters is that an innocent boy was murdered, whether race was a factor is of little consequence in the scheme of things, much like Channon and Chris were murdered because they were white (which I believe is also true) but their murder was the point of the excercise of justice not the racial motivation.

Every ethnicity has racists but why should we give it any focus?  The public stepped forward and applied pressure so an investigation would be properly done.  If we just stay focused on the murder and the evidence, and allow ourselves to move past our 'ideas' of racism, maybe we can all really get over it.

One last thing, Chris Newsom smoked pot but that had nothing to do with his murder... likewise with Trayvon Martin (IMO). 

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #501 on: April 12, 2012, 10:26:01 PM »

Personally, I feel that the marijuana residue that was found in Trayvon's backpack is important because it is more accurate than what was being portrayed...until then I had thought the kid was a baby-faced fifth grader because of the pictures that were posted.  Of course it had nothing to do with his death...but it gives a more accurate picture than the one that his parents were offering.  Along with the jewelry and "burglary" tools found.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #502 on: April 12, 2012, 10:33:40 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted yet...WOW...he is A LOT smaller than I thought.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20120412/NEWS/120419792?tc=cr

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #503 on: April 12, 2012, 10:36:12 PM »

Q: Why are many people saying that George will be acquitted? found Not Guilty?

I thought now, it comes out that Zimmerman was trailing Trayvon.

maybe I missed something.

and another Q: If you were on this jury, would you acquit George?

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #504 on: April 12, 2012, 10:41:39 PM »

I didn't realize that there was concrete evidence that George did continue to follow Trayvon.  I might have missed that.  Personally, with the evidence so far that I have read and listening to the 911 call...I will have to acquit him.  Unless I have missed that George did continue following him AFTER the dispatcher told him that they do not need him to do that.  And I would want to make sure that the witnesses are accurate and not just caught up in the headlines.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: April 12, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »

Could not say if I would acquit until all the facts are presented to me...right now I would say that it does not look good for George Zimmerman ....but I don't know what happened that night yet..none of us know at this point. I do think that there could be reasonable doubt after listening to the talking heads , but time will tell. I thought that Casey Anthony would be found guilty and look how that turned out...

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #506 on: April 12, 2012, 10:49:27 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/12/affidavit-alleges-george-zimmerman-confronted-trayvon-martin/

I guess I got confused because it now says that GZ confronted TM.

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #507 on: April 12, 2012, 10:51:01 PM »

Could anyone tell me what the talking heads are saying in regards to George being acquited/found not guilty?

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: April 12, 2012, 10:52:10 PM »

Thanks iluvmua...I will go and read it.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #509 on: April 12, 2012, 10:59:51 PM »

Thanks iluvmua...I will go and read it.

I know that if he continued to follow him after he was informed not to...then that does it for me.  He should have gotten back into his truck and let the police do their work.  It breaks my heart that a young man is dead and it appears that he was doing nothing wrong.  I think that George was tired of the burglaries and jumped the gun here, thinking another was in the process.  Now Trayvon is dead and George is in jail.  I think nothing between those two were racially motivated.  So, why has this become a race thing again? 

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: April 12, 2012, 11:02:14 PM »

Al Sharpton, et al really cheapen any cause with which they are affiliated and sadly his association to the Trayvon Martin case has trivialized the events, further alienating people.

Let's be honest though, if a black man murdered a white 17 year old boy under similar circumstances, LE would have pressed charges against said black man.

Did George Zimmerman profile Trayvon?  I think so, but for me the only thing that matters is that an innocent boy was murdered, whether race was a factor is of little consequence in the scheme of things, much like Channon and Chris were murdered because they were white (which I believe is also true) but their murder was the point of the excercise of justice not the racial motivation.

Every ethnicity has racists but why should we give it any focus?  The public stepped forward and applied pressure so an investigation would be properly done.  If we just stay focused on the murder and the evidence, and allow ourselves to move past our 'ideas' of racism, maybe we can all really get over it.

One last thing, Chris Newsom smoked pot but that had nothing to do with his murder... likewise with Trayvon Martin (IMO). 

The focus is there because of statements made and broadcast by mostly fringe groups. I'm not sure, but...I've only ever seen 3 or 4 Black Panthers, same group spouting off never any supporters on camera.Not sure that they even have any?

Profiling...I think we all do it! My very rural home had a series of break-ins recently, the crook was described as a white male etc, well..when I'm out and about here that's the type guy am looking for...
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #511 on: April 12, 2012, 11:13:55 PM »

In Interview, Zimmerman's Lawyer Says Trial Won't Happen In 2012

Defense attorney Mark O'Mara (left) stands with his client, George Zimmerman, at a hearing related to second-degree murder charges in the killing of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla.
But in the meantime, O'Mara tells Tell Me More host Michel Martin, he'd like to get his client out of jail.

"I think he deserves to be out on bond, with whatever conditions the court believes appropriate to protect him, and the process," O'Mara says. "I would like him out, so that he can assist me in preparing for his defense."  ::snipping2::

http://www.gpb.org/news/2012/04/12/in-interview-zimmermans-lawyer-says-trial-wont-happen-in-2012
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #512 on: April 12, 2012, 11:25:59 PM »

A day after calling for public calm, Orlando lawyer Mark O'Mara opened George Zimmerman's defense Thursday at his first court appearance in Seminole County by successfully requesting the temporary sealing of most records in the second-degree-murder case.

Local lawyers called it a deft move to limit pretrial publicity after weeks of speculation over what happened the night Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin in Sanford. And they said it was typical of O'Mara's measured approach.

"He's going to try the case in court, not in the press, and I admire that," said Jeff Ashton, who retired last year as the lead homicide prosecutor for the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office. "I don't expect to see Mark out there giving his opinion [on TV] as much as some other attorneys have in past, high-profile criminal cases."

Ashton and O'Mara opposed each other in the 2001 trial of serial killer Frederick Peter Cox, who murdered three prostitutes and tried to kill two other women, and in state and federal trials over execution-style killings known as the 1992 Kissimmee carjacking murders. O'Mara's clients were convicted in both cases.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-mark-omara-george-zimmerman-20120412,0,5280679.story
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #513 on: April 13, 2012, 12:26:27 AM »

Personally, I feel that the marijuana residue that was found in Trayvon's backpack is important because it is more accurate than what was being portrayed...until then I had thought the kid was a baby-faced fifth grader because of the pictures that were posted.  Of course it had nothing to do with his death...but it gives a more accurate picture than the one that his parents were offering.  Along with the jewelry and "burglary" tools found.
[/quote
this kid didnt deserve what happened, but lets stop pretending he was some fresh faced little boyscout. I think his lifestyle & the type of person he may have been is very relevant in that it may be that he initiated the struggle.not saying he did but i think kids that steal & do drugs can also be kids that fight & can be violent too. I want the truth to determine the punishment, but i am sick to death of this being a race thing and giving morons like sharpton a new opportunity to play the race card. The kkk disgusts me. Why doesnt the black panthers disgust the black community? Maybe they do but groups like that should never get a podium to spew their hate.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #514 on: April 13, 2012, 12:27:54 AM »

Personally, I feel that the marijuana residue that was found in Trayvon's backpack is important because it is more accurate than what was being portrayed...until then I had thought the kid was a baby-faced fifth grader because of the pictures that were posted.  Of course it had nothing to do with his death...but it gives a more accurate picture than the one that his parents were offering.  Along with the jewelry and "burglary" tools found.
[/quote
this kid didnt deserve what happened, but lets stop pretending he was some fresh faced little boyscout. I think his lifestyle & the type of person he may have been is very relevant in that it may be that he initiated the struggle.not saying he did but i think kids that steal & do drugs can also be kids that fight & can be tviolent too. I want the truth to determine the punishment, but i am sick to death of this being a race thing and giving morons like sharpton a new opportunity to play the race card. The kkk disgusts me. Why doesnt the black panthers disgust the black community? Maybe they do but groups like that should never get a podium to spew their hate.
i am so sorry. I messed up the box again
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:10:30 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: April 13, 2012, 12:49:31 AM »

Hello Monkey's,

Does anyone know GZ weight and Height, please?

He looked petite, standing next to his Attorney Smile
I read 5'2, could that be how tall?  TIA

This might be helpful.

http://www.ajc.com/news/q-a-on-the-1412739.html

Q: What were the height and weight of Trayvon Martin and of George Zimmerman at the time of Martin's death?

-- L.A. Baarcke, Dahlonega

A: The Associated Press has reported that Martin was 6 feet tall and 140 pounds, but the police report listed him as 6-foot, 160 pounds. The police report stated that Zimmerman is 5-foot-9, but didn’t list his weight. The New York Times reported that witnesses to the fight between Martin and Zimmerman described Martin as 6-foot-1 and 150 pounds and Zimmerman as 5-foot-9, 170 pounds.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #516 on: April 13, 2012, 02:24:58 AM »

Dan Barry was the lead reporter. He described the process by which Trayvon Martin’s father learned of his son’s death:

BARRY (4/2/12): Early next morning [after the shooting], no sign of Trayvon, still. Mr. Martin called his son's cellphone, which again went to voice mail. He then repeatedly called the cousin until he answered, only to share the distressing news that he had not seen Trayvon.

Now it was Mr. Martin calling 911. He reported that his son was missing, and then described what his son was wearing. Soon he was outside, meeting a couple of responding police officers. One of them took out a photograph of a dead body from a folder.

''Next thing I heard was a scream,'' Ms. Green said. ''I never want to see anybody in that kind of pain again.''

Mr. Martin cried and cried. At the police station later that day, he said, detectives told him that they had not arrested the man who had shot and killed his son. They explained that George Zimmerman was claiming self-defense.
In fact, Martin’s father learned of his son’s death the morning after the shooting. Trayvon’s body did not “sit in a morgue for three days before his parents were contacted,” the bogus fact Big Eddie had pimped, telling us we should be outraged.

http://dailyhowler.blogspot.com/

Trayvon's family did not wait three days to find their son.

It seems like he and his family are being judged harshly.  Given the circumstances of his death this really bothers me but I respect the views of others and the right to express those views.

Labubske, in answer to your question, this originally became a race thing because the police did no investigation of the murder and instead let George Zimmerman walk free based on his own account of what happened that night.  LE had no intention of ever investigating the murder or charging George Zimmerman in spite of the fact that Trayvon was unarmed and was almost at the door of his father's house, while George's truck was much farther away indicating he may have chased the boy down and killed him.  It was as if LE was willing to ignore the boys murder because he was black.  There have been reports of accusations of racism against this police department, albeit in the media which seems to really struggle with reporting the unbiased truth.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #517 on: April 13, 2012, 08:38:32 AM »

Hello Monkey's,

Does anyone know GZ weight and Height, please?

He looked petite, standing next to his Attorney Smile
I read 5'2, could that be how tall?  TIA

This might be helpful.

http://www.ajc.com/news/q-a-on-the-1412739.html

Q: What were the height and weight of Trayvon Martin and of George Zimmerman at the time of Martin's death?

-- L.A. Baarcke, Dahlonega

A: The Associated Press has reported that Martin was 6 feet tall and 140 pounds, but the police report listed him as 6-foot, 160 pounds. The police report stated that Zimmerman is 5-foot-9, but didn’t list his weight. The New York Times reported that witnesses to the fight between Martin and Zimmerman described Martin as 6-foot-1 and 150 pounds and Zimmerman as 5-foot-9, 170 pounds.

Googmorninging Monkey's,

Grace-land,

Thank-you for GZ, height and weight. 

Did TM's, girl friend, record the incident (on her phone) between GZ and TM?

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: April 13, 2012, 08:48:54 AM »

Has Travon been laid to rest yet?

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #519 on: April 13, 2012, 08:54:55 AM »

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/south/view/20120413officials_reveal_details_of_george_zimmermans_jail_activities_purchases/srvc=home&position=recent

Officials reveal details of George Zimmerman’s jail activities, purchases

By Jeff Weiner 

The Orlando Sentinel
Friday, April 13, 2012 - Added 3 hours ago

::snipping2::

Shopping:

Zimmerman can also make weekly purchases from the commissary, from an account contributed to by people on his visitation list. So far, he’s spent $79.84. He has $41.16 remaining.

His first order was for more than two dozen items, including toiletries, clothing, snacks — including Nutrigrain bars, Tostitos and Jolly Ranchers — playing cards and two puzzle books. Zimmerman also purchased a calling card.

::snipping2::

GZ can shop until he drops and eat his way to happiness. We live in a wonderful Country.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.