March 28, 2024, 01:14:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390653 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: April 16, 2012, 03:22:26 PM »

based on what we know so far, and that's not too much given the media spin and everything, i wouldn't be able to find him guilty of anything higher than manslaughter.  I just have a feeling like so many others have said that this is going to turn into a huge race war, worst than it already has.  I would hate to be on that jury. I hope they don't feel pressured to convict becuase of fear of the black panthers, al sharpton, jesse jackson and company.

Could it be that a jury ANYWHERE in America would be intimidated into finding Zimmerman guilty as charged despite contrary evididence to avoid a mob backlash ... a mob backland led by influencial Black leaders ... a mob backlash that would make the life of each member a literally h--- on earth?

Jane

+++++t

Fair trial for Zimmerman not likely on home turf, say legal experts
Published April 16, 2012

<snipped>

Those factors could make it hard to empanel an impartial jury in Sanford, Fla., according to Harvard Law Prof. Alan Dershowitz, who advised the O.J. Simpson legal team and whose defense of  Claus Von Bulow inspired the film “Reversal of Fortune.”

“I do not believe that Zimmerman could get a fair trial in the location where the alleged crime occurred,” said Dershowitz. “For me, the major criteria of a fair trial is could a juror who voted to acquit feel safe back in his community, feel that he wouldn’t be hassled or criticized by community members.”

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/16/fair-trial-for-zimmerman-not-likely-on-home-turf-say-legal-experts/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: April 16, 2012, 05:34:42 PM »

CBS's Case For Zimmerman's Racism Cites Zimmerman Standing Up to Police for Black Homeless Man

Still 39 in a case where the defendant looks increasingly likely to be acquitted, CBS' Face the Nation yesterday featured activists Michael Eric Dyson and Touré, along with correspondent Marc Strassmann, accusing George Zimmerman of racial motivations in shooting Trayvon Martin.

Strassmann is noteworthy because he was the first national television reporter to cover the case, on CBS This Morning, and did not--contrary to the Associated Press, which followed up on the story--mistakenly report Zimmerman's race as "white." That error helped create a myth that was subsequently inflamed by Al Sharpton of MSNBC into a national outrage--and Strassmann now seems to buy into it as well.

Strassmann, Dyson, and Touré, unable to accuse Zimmerman directly of racism, tried to associate him with the broader problem of prejudice in American society--and in Sanford, Florida, where the death occurred:

MICHAEL ERIC DYSON: Right. And-- and let's look at the predictability of the pattern here. It is not the case that young white men in hoodies have been assaulted or who are dressed of the inappropriate fashion. Don't forget, Bob, that dress for African-American people has always signified beyond fashion or sartorial splendor. How we dress is an indication of where we stand in society. Remember, right after slavery, black people got dressed in extravagant fashion and that caused great resentment to-- for white Americans who believed that black people were being uppity because they were trying to out-dress their status.

Now it is the case that whatever hoods we wear, sagging pants, those become part of the folklore of American racism because it now signifies to white America that this is a hood, this is a thug, and the suspicion that is cast not only on Trayvon Martin. Look at the President of the United States of America. Here is a guy who do it the right way. He went to Harvard, he's the President. Look at the-- the ready-- the-- the steady stream of racism and bigotry--

TOURE: He's threatening Jan Brewer.

MICHAEL ERIC DYSON: -- the- the-- the stereotypes that prevail, right, I'm afraid of him, he's a-- he's a moron, he's an orangutan, he's an animal. Look at all of that.

TOURE: And we see that-- I mean, we see that when George Zimmerman is talking to the 911 operator, he's threatening, he's on drugs, he's got his hand in his pants, ergo, he's got a gun. So-- and we see this constantly that young black men are viewed as threatening, something to be feared, on drugs, they are out of their mind, they are dehumanized quickly. And this is profiling, which-- you know, which Angela Corey noted right away. So yes, it is mistaken identity in that you're mistaking an innocent person for a criminal.

MICHAEL ERIC DYSON: Absolutely.

MARK STRASSMANN: The other-- that's America's history. In Sanford, their history too had been-- there have been a lot of suspicion by the minority community in Sanford toward the police department. A couple of years ago, a homeless black man had been beaten up on videotape. For three weeks nobody was arrested and it turned out the assailant was the police lieutenant's son with the Sanford PD. So there was change at the top of Sanford PD, and now here we got the new chief who is dealing with many of the same issues that the old chief had to deal with-- that is these racial tensions that have existed in this town and that is where we are today.

The problem for Strassmann, Dyson, and Touré is that Strassmann's handpicked example, the assault on a homeless black man, was one in which Zimmerman had been directly involved--as a member of the public urging local police to discipline the officers responsible, i.e. leading efforts to fight racism in Sanford.

As the Daily Caller reported on April 4:

In late 2010 and early 2011 George Zimmerman, the Hispanic Sanford, Fla., man who shot and killed 17-year-old black teen Trayvon Martin, publicly demanded discipline in a race-related beating case for at least two of the police officers who cleared him after the Feb. 26 altercation, according to records obtained by The Daily Caller.

In a letter to Seminole County NAACP president Turner Clayton, a member of the Zimmerman family wrote that George was one of “very few” in Sanford who publicly condemned the “beating of the black homeless man Sherman Ware on Dec. 4, 2010, by the son of a Sanford police officer,” who is white.

...[A]according to members of the Zimmerman family, George printed and distributed copies of fliers on bright fluorescent-colored paper demanding that the community “hold accountable” officers responsible for any misconduct. TheDC has obtained a copy of one of those fliers.

“Do you know the individual that stepped up when no one else in the black community would?” the Zimmerman family member asked in the letter to the NAACP’s Clayton.

“Do you know who spent tireless hours putting fliers on the cars of persons parked in the churches of the black community? Do you know who waited for the church‐goers to get out of church so that he could hand them fliers in an attempt to organize the black community against this horrible miscarriage of justice? Do you know who helped organize the City Hall meeting on January 8th, 2011 at Sanford City Hall??”

“That person was GEORGE ZIMMERMAN,” the letter insisted. “Ironic isn’t it?”

Every Sunday, according to his family, Zimmerman would stroll through Sanford’s black neighborhoods handing out the fliers demanding justice for Sherman Ware, and calling for the police to hold their own officials accountable. Zimmerman would also place the fliers on people’s cars outside churches.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/04/16/Smear-Fail-CBS-Cites-Zimmerman-Racism-in-Case-When-He-Stood-Up-to-Police
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #602 on: April 16, 2012, 07:52:09 PM »

George Zimmerman afraid of being killed in jail: lawyer

SANFORD, Fla. -- George Zimmerman is afraid of being killed while in jail facing charges of murdering Trayvon Martin, his lawyer said today.

“There has been an upwelling of hostility and animosity towards him that can find its way to you in many different ways,” Mark O’Mara said outside the courthouse in Sanford, Fla.

“So he’s concerned because he’s exposed to many people he doesn’t even know,” O’Mara added.

The lawyer talked to reporters after filing a motion to have Judge Jessica Recksiedler removed from the case because of a possible conflict of interestIf Recksiedler recuses herself, Florida officials would have to find another judge to take over the case and that could push back Zimmerman’s bail bond hearing, which is scheduled for Friday.

“I still hope we can figure something out to get my client out safely, get him protected,” O’Mara said.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/george_zimmerman_afraid_of_being_UWxL8AHEIjCLzlbwv14seK

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: April 16, 2012, 08:42:15 PM »

If Casey Anthony the baby killer can make it through jail, GZ will too.  No one is more hated than her iMO

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #604 on: April 16, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »

Trayvon Martin's killer showed signs of injury: neighbors

SANFORD, Florida (Reuters) - Neighbors of George Zimmerman say he had bandages on his nose and head the day after he shot dead Trayvon Martin, supporting statements by the neighborhood watch volunteer that he was beaten in a confrontation with the black Florida teenager.

The extent of Zimmerman's injuries could be crucial to his legal defense under Florida's "Stand Your Ground" self-defense law, which allows the use of deadly force when someone has the reasonable belief he could face death or great bodily harm.

Police said Zimmerman, who has been charged with second-degree murder in the racially charged case, was bleeding from the nose and the back of his head and was treated by medics before being taken to Sanford police station after the February 26 shooting.

But public doubts were later raised by the release of a grainy surveillance video from the police station in which no injuries were readily visible.

Zimmerman later sought medical treatment for injuries including a broken nose, his former lawyers have said.   ::snipping2:: 

http://news.yahoo.com/trayvon-martins-killer-showed-signs-injury-neighbors-221635654.html
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #605 on: April 17, 2012, 06:22:15 AM »

The Growing Movement to Repeal ‘Stand Your Ground’ Laws
 ::snipping2::
It was big news last week when prosecutors charged George Zimmerman with second-degree murder in the shooting of Trayvon Martin. But Zimmerman could walk free if a judge decides his actions fall under Florida’s “stand your ground” law, which gives broad leeway to people to shoot in self-defense. There is no way to undo what happened in the Zimmerman-Martin encounter, but some good can still come of it: it could lead states to repeal their misguided “stand your ground” laws.
Many criminal-law doctrines evolve over centuries, but “stand your ground” laws arrived suddenly — starting in Florida in 2006. Under traditional legal principles, people in disputes generally have a duty to “de-escalate” in the interest of saving human life, but the Florida law dialed down the historic “duty to retreat.” Now, people would have the same kind of right to stand their ground in public — on the streets, in parking lots and in bars — that they historically had in their homes

Read more:
http://ideas.time.com/2012/04/16/the-growing-movement-to-repeal-stand-your-ground-laws/?xid=gonewsedit#ixzz1sI7gU3YY

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: April 17, 2012, 09:21:39 AM »

April 17th, 2012 8:15 a.m.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: April 17, 2012, 09:44:33 AM »

Interesting Muffy...thanks

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: April 17, 2012, 09:59:22 AM »

Interesting Muffy...thanks

YW cookie.  It's only one poll carried by Fox  and reported in the N Dallas area news, and I don't really know how many times anyone can vote or anything like that.  I posted it as an item of interest only.  If the poll were conducted in another area, the results could of course vary, imo. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #609 on: April 17, 2012, 10:19:37 AM »

As of now, I still think this is a self defense case.

Why in the heck was GZ charged with 2nd degree murder?

I think the defense has a VERY good chance of winning this case.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: April 17, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »

I think so too..
I think that this is overcharged...but we will see.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: April 17, 2012, 10:43:08 AM »

I think so too..

My "I think  so too" is in regards that the defense has a good chance of winning...
I am not sure about  how I feel yet about self defense on GZ part...probably turned into self defense after Trayvon was defending himself ...

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #612 on: April 17, 2012, 11:41:19 AM »

I don't think anybody but the lawyers will win anything.

Trayvon's family lost their son that rainy night.

And George's life forever changed that same night.

It's all so sad!

I think so too..

My "I think  so too" is in regards that the defense has a good chance of winning...
I am not sure about  how I feel yet about self defense on GZ part...probably turned into self defense after Trayvon was defending himself ...

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #613 on: April 17, 2012, 11:43:07 AM »

I think so too..

It's all so sad!

Challapalca him!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: April 17, 2012, 11:46:40 AM »

I think so too..

It's all so sad!

Very true

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #615 on: April 17, 2012, 01:08:19 PM »

Trayvon Martin's parents coming to Tampa for town hall

The parents of Trayvon Martin will visit Tampa on Thursday when the National Bar Association holds a town hall meeting on their son's case.

The meeting is at noon Beulah Baptist Institutional Church, 1006 Cypress St., Tampa. The doors open at 11 a.m.

Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin are the parents of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, who was fatally shot Feb. 26 by George Zimmerman in Sanford. Zimmerman, 28, has pleaded not guilty and says he acted in self-defense.

In addition to Martin's parents, the panelists include Otis Anthony of WMNF; Clinton Paris from the Tampa Organization of Black Affairs; state Rep. Chris Smith, D-Fort Lauderdale; Carolyn Collins of the NAACP in Hillsborough County; Benjamin Crump, the Martin family attorney; John Page of the National Bar Association; and Tanya Clay-House from the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights.

CNN's legal analyst Sunny Hostin will be the moderator.

The meeting is organized by the National Bar Association, a network of predominately black lawyers and judges.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/news/2012/apr/16/1/trayvon-martins-parents-coming-to-tampa-for-town-h-ar-393170/
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #616 on: April 17, 2012, 04:45:07 PM »

Little-Known DOJ Cell Watches Trayvon Martin Protests

A largely unknown group of Justice Department officials has inserted itself into the local Florida protest movement surrounding the killing of Trayvon Martin, assisting the protestors and attending their meetings and rallies.

While the officials are tasked with preventing racial violence, it appears that in carrying out their duties, they have provided significant assistance to those protesting the killing of Martin, who black, by George Zimmerman, who is half white and half Hispanic.

The officials are members of the DOJ’s Community Relations Service, also known as “The Peacemakers,” a special unit established under the 1964 Civil Rights Act and empowered to act to mitigate local tensions between ethnic groups.

From the CRS website:

It is the only Federal entity dedicated to assisting state and local government units, private and public organizations, and community groups with preventing and resolving racial and ethnic tensions, incidents, and civil disorders. The CRS works to restore stability and accord.

Under President Obama, the group’s mission has expanded substantially. Officials are permitted to take on a more aggressive role, moving from a “reactionary” to a “preventative” stance, CRS Director Ondray Harris told the website Main Justice. And the categories that can bring in The Peacemakers now include gender, “gender identity,” sexual orientation, religion, and disability.

Martin’s killing set off vocal protests – led by Al Sharpton – demanding the arrest of Zimmerman. Faced with threats of escalating fury from the protestors, Florida officials arrested Zimmerman last week. Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder have both suggested sympathy for the protestors or for Martin himself.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, The Peacemakers have ended up offering advice and assistance to the protestors.

When racial tensions flared in Sanford, a league of secretive peacemakers reached out to the city’s spiritual and civic leaders to help cool heated emotions after 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed in February.

When civil-rights organizers wanted to demonstrate, these federal workers taught them how to peacefully manage crowds.

They even arranged a police escort for college students to ensure safe passage for their 40-mile march from Daytona Beach to Sanford to demand justice.

The Peacemakers are viewed by the protestors as a quietly protective, on-the-ground force, the Sentinel story makes clear.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/04/17/secretive-doj-force-watces-trayvon-protests/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: April 17, 2012, 04:52:17 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/17/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE83G1E220120417
Florida judge in Trayvon Martin case to decide on recusal
April 17, 2012

(Reuters) - A Florida judge will decide this week whether to step down from the second-degree murder trial of George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer charged in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Circuit Judge Jessica Recksiedler disclosed last week that her husband's law partner previously had been contacted by Zimmerman seeking representation. Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, on Monday filed a motion asking Recksiedler to recuse herself.

Recksiedler is on temporary assignment from the Florida Supreme Court, hearing oral arguments at the Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach, Florida. She will issue a written order by Friday on the recusal motion, according to a court news release issued on Tuesday.

A bond hearing is set for Zimmerman on Friday. The court spokesman was unavailable to comment on Tuesday on whether that hearing would go forward as scheduled if another judge takes over the case.

In what the court spokesman previously acknowledged was an unusual decision, a different judge at Zimmerman's first appearance on Thursday sealed all court records filed in the case after that date.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #618 on: April 17, 2012, 07:06:56 PM »

http://webbond.seminolesheriff.org/InmateInfo.aspx?bkgnbr=201200004452

Home | Contact 

GEORGE  ZIMMERMAN 

INMATE INFORMATION 
Booking #:  201200004452 
Name:  GEORGE   ZIMMERMAN   
Date of Birth:  10/05/1983 
Arrested by:  Seminole County Sheriff`s Office 
Arrest Date:  04/11/2012 08:30:00 PM 

Someone cares his need$. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: April 17, 2012, 07:42:22 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW AT 9PM ET!

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:19:52 PM by klaasend » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.