March 28, 2024, 10:08:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390594 times)
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: April 21, 2012, 03:28:31 PM »

Zimmerman urged to keep low profile after release

SANFORD, Fla. — George Zimmerman is getting out of jail. Now his defense team has to worry about keeping the neighborhood watch volunteer accused of gunning down Trayvon Martin safe on the outside.

Defense attorneys for other high-profile clients who awaited trial on bail had advice for how to protect the man whose shooting of the unarmed black 17-year-old sparked nationwide protests: Get him out of Florida, keep him from going out in public and never leave him alone.

"He clearly puts himself in jeopardy unless he takes precautions," said New York attorney Barry Slotnick, who represented subway shooter Bernhard Goetz in the 1980s.

A half dozen reporters, photographers and cameramen began staking out the Seminole County Jail early Saturday in Sanford, a day after a Florida judge agreed to let Zimmerman out on $150,000 bail. Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, said it would take a few days before Zimmerman is released. His family needs time to secure collateral for the bail, Zimmerman needs to be fitted with an electronic monitoring device and O'Mara said he must find a secure location for him.  ::snipping2::

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/apr/21/zimmerman-urged-to-keep-low-profile-after-release/?ap
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #661 on: April 21, 2012, 03:54:54 PM »

Warning Graphic Photo: Possible New Evidence Shows George Zimmerman's Bloodied Head
By MATT GUTMAN and SENI TIENABESO | Good Morning America – Fri, Apr 20, 201

A new photograph obtained exclusively by ABC News showing the bloodied back of George Zimmerman's head, which was taken three minutes after he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, gives possible credence to his claim that Martin had bashed his head against the concrete as he fought for his life.

Click here to view the image. Warning: graphic content.

The revelation comes as his attorney and prosecutors prepare for Zimmerman's bail hearing today, which could result in his being released from jail. Zimmerman, 28, is being held on charges of second-degree murder for the Feb. 26  ::snipping2::

http://news.yahoo.com/warning-graphic-photo-possible-evidence-shows-george-zimmermans-050145810--abc-news-topstories.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #662 on: April 21, 2012, 06:50:51 PM »

Might have missed, Does Zimmermans bond take away his right to be armed?
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #663 on: April 21, 2012, 07:47:16 PM »

ABC News Has Exclusive Pic of George Zimmerman’s Bloodied Head Post Trayvon Martin Shooting Death (Photo – VIDEO)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/04/21/abc-news-has-exclusive-pic-of-george-zimmermans-bloodied-head-post-trayvon-martin-shooting-death/

The bloodied photo of George Zimmerman paints quite a different picture than what was initially and emotionally spread by much of the liberal MSM in that Zimmerman stalked and murdered Trayvon Martin in cold blood. Zimmerman and his attorneys have stated from the outset that he [Zimmerman] fired in self-defense after Trayvon threw the first punch, knocked Zimmerman to the ground and then began pounding his head against a sidewalk.

It will be really interesting to see what so-called evidence that the prosecution has other than what we already know in this case.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #664 on: April 21, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »

Might have missed, Does Zimmermans bond take away his right to be armed?

Yes. One of the restrictions of his bail is that there was no possession of any fire arm. Which basically makes him a sitting duck and a target.  I guess the NBPP will like that retriction.

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/crime/2012/04/20/nr-zimmerman-bond.cnn
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: April 21, 2012, 07:55:35 PM »

George Zimmerman Apologizes to Parents of Trayvon Martin, “I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son” … Zimmerman’s Bail Set At $150K (VIDEO)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/04/20/george-zimmerman-apologizes-to-parents-of-trayvon-martin-zimmermans-bail-set-at-150k-video/

After having been charged with second degree murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman appeared in the Sanford, FL courtroom this morning where his bail was set at $150,000. George Zimmerman could be out within days and mighty be allowed to live outside Florida for his own safety. With the 10% cash payment customarily made to secure bond, George Zimmerman could be freed with $15,000 from his family. Also, during today’s hearing Zimmerman also apologized to the parents of Trayvon Martin.

“I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son. I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not.”
::snipping2::

Making the apology and admitting to things that happened in the case on a bond hearing was certainly an interesting and unique approach to a defense. I think one of the main issues when every one followed the Casey Anthony murder trial was that she was without remorse in the death of little Caylee to the end. George Zimmerman is taking quite the opposite approach.

What is also interesting is that the bias MSM and the race baiter who descended upon Sanford, FL and tried to hijack the sad and tragic death of Trayvon Martin tried to make this case be unique and out of the norm ... a racial hate crime. However, when the facts of the case are reviewed and a judge reviews the case, it was handled as usual with a defendant getting granted bail.

If this was a hate crime there would never have been bail granted.

It is unfortunate that the MSM and the race baiters ginned up the hysteria and racial hatred surrounding this case. It remains to be seen what the outcome will be to this case when only the facts and evidence are taken into account.

I so agree with you on this..especially about the race baiters...
In the case where the black woman killed the white mother recently in cold blood to get her 3 day old baby, where are the race baiters on that case? Nowhere to be found. Not every killing of different races is racial...if this would have been a white woman killing a black woman in cold blood, Jessie and Al Sharpton and entourage would have been in town like yesterday to make sure that they could stir up trouble. I wish that they represented civil rights for every race.  Just once..then maybe I would have a better opinion of them..
Every killing is not a hate or racial crime...jmo...

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: April 21, 2012, 09:09:33 PM »

George Zimmerman: Supporters gather outside courthouse

SANFORD --
George Zimmerman apologized for shooting Trayvon Martin during a bond hearing Friday.
 Now, as he's waiting to get out of jail, he’s getting some new support.

In a message of support, they stood in front of the Seminole County courthouse with homemade signs to let Zimmerman know he has people in his corner.

The signs read, “Innocent Until..” and “Justice for Zimmerman.”

It was a small group but their intentions were big -- to let George Zimmerman know that they believe he hasn't been treated fairly by the media or the court of public opinion.

Wesley Howell said he thinks it's only going to get worse and that's not right.

“I wanted to come out because I could tell from what was going on in the news media, it looks like Zimmerman is getting, about to get railroaded into prison without even a fair trial and I think that's wrong,” said Altamonte Springs resident Wesley Howell.  ::snipping2::

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/4/21/george_zimmerman_sup.html

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: April 22, 2012, 12:57:41 AM »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/04/20/us-florida-zimmerman-hearing.html

Trayvon Martin shooter to be freed on $150K bail
George Zimmerman says sorry to teen's parents, who call it an 'unmeaningful apology'
CBC News
Posted: Apr 20, 2012 4:51 AM ET
Last Updated: Apr 20, 2012 1:35 PM ET

The Florida man accused of second-degree murder for shooting unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin was granted bail Friday but won't go free until his security can be assured.

A judge in Sanford, Fla., decided that George Zimmerman can be released on a $150,000 US bond, far less than the $1 million prosecutors were requesting. Zimmerman and his family will have to post $15,000 of that in cash and the rest as collateral.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester set several other bail conditions on Zimmerman:
He must wear an electronic monitoring device and surrender his passport.
He can't possess any firearms.
He can't use alcohol or drugs.
He must observe a 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew and report to authorities every three days.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: April 22, 2012, 07:36:21 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/21/2761338/a-committed-conservative-back.html

A ‘committed conservative’ back in spotlight over Stand Your Ground

Dennis Baxley, the state representative who championed the self-defense law at the heart of the Trayvon Martin case, is back in the national spotlight.

By Steve Bousquet
Herald/Times Tallahassee Bureau

OCALA -- Dennis Baxley has always stood his ground in Florida’s political arena.

The Republican state representative who championed the self-defense law at the heart of the Trayvon Martin case is back in a familiar place — the national spotlight.

But it was a gunshot fired by George Zimmerman at a Sanford townhouse complex that ensured that Baxley’s signature accomplishment would be his sponsorship seven years ago of the so-called “stand your ground” law.

A lifelong National Rifle Association member who’s been known to sip his coffee from an NRA mug, Baxley has sponsored numerous gun laws in a career marked by his close friendship with the tenacious gun lobbyist Marion Hammer, whom he calls “awesome.”

He once joked in public that they were having a love affair.

Baxley is proud of the “stand your ground” law and believes it has saved many lives, but based on news accounts, he does not believe Zimmerman can use it to justify pursuing and killing Martin.

“I still don’t think it applies,” he says. “Nothing in this statute authorizes ‘pursuit, confront, provoke.’ ”

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #669 on: April 22, 2012, 07:40:17 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/21/2761111/controversial-pastor-weighs-in.html

Controversial pastor weighs in on Trayvon Martin case

The Gainesville pastor who burned a Quran last year led a rally in Sanford to demand a fair trial in the George Zimmerman shooting case.

By Audra D.S. Burch
aburch@MiamiHerald.com

SANFORD -- – In front of the Seminole County Criminal Justice Center where George Zimmerman was granted bond, Pastor Terry Jones, the Gainesville church leader who burned a Quran last year, gave a fiery speech Saturday in which he demanded the constitutional rights of Zimmerman be protected as his case moves through the judicial system.

“I am in no way taking a position on whether Zimmerman is guilty or innocent. I am here for truth and justice and standing up for the constitutional rights,” said Jones, who heads Dove World Outreach Center and carries a pistol for his own protection. “Some of the black community just decided Zimmerman is guilty. I say there has to be due process. In America, you are innocent until proven guilty.’’

On Friday, a judge granted Zimmerman a $150,000 bond – along with restrictions including electronic monitoring -- but it could be several days before he is actually released. He faces second-degree murder charges in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, the 17-year-old unarmed Miami Gardens teen who was visiting his father in Sanford while suspended from high school almost two months ago. In the weeks after his death, communities across the nation held rallies and protests calling for Zimmerman’s arrest.

Standing in front of about two dozen supporters, Jones said he traveled to Sanford to directly address simmering racial tension in the community which he blamed on “poisonous” black leaders Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. He said the two hijacked the controversial shooting case, fanned race-based fears and helped divide the town. Jones later acknowledged that he had not heard Sharpton, in particular, say anything racially provocative related to the case but said his response was based on comments Sharpton made in the past.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/21/2761111/controversial-pastor-weighs-in.html#storylink=cpy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: April 22, 2012, 08:15:12 AM »

IMO...you don't have to hear Sharpton daily to know that he tries to racially divide on any case that he gets involved in...that is his goal and to get his mug on camera..Jessie too..
They don't know the facts of this case anymore than the rest of us do...but they were leading the marches and fueling the fires...they should call for calm and patience and let the justice system do their job..
All just my humble opinion...

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #671 on: April 22, 2012, 11:16:31 AM »

IMO...you don't have to hear Sharpton daily to know that he tries to racially divide on any case that he gets involved in...that is his goal and to get his mug on camera..Jessie too..
They don't know the facts of this case anymore than the rest of us do...but they were leading the marches and fueling the fires...they should call for calm and patience and let the justice system do their job..
All just my humble opinion...

ITA, but they are sycophants who prey on others misfortunes to further their own agenda and fame. They could use their charisma and leadership to better relationships, but they often choose to further divide.

Challapalca him!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #672 on: April 22, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »

Now This is a Hate Crime: Alton L. Hayes III … I Beat Up White Man Because I Am Mad About Trayvon Martin Case … The MSM, Sharpton & Jackson Remain Silent

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/04/21/now-this-is-a-hate-crime-alton-l-hayes-iii-i-beat-up-white-man-because-i-am-mad-about-trayvon-martin-case-the-msm-sharpton-jackson-remain-silent/

The following is a note to Sharpton, Jackson, the bias MSM and those political race baiters to show them exactly what a "HATE CRIME" looks, sounds and smells like.

May this be a reminder to the President Barack Obama, the bias MSM, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Oprah Winfrey, Rep. Maxine Watters (D-CA),  the New Black Panther Party and the rest of the foolish sheep that allow themselves to be manipulated by racist hate … THIS IS WHAT IS CALLED A HATE CRIME!!!

Alton L. Hayes III, 18,  and a 15 year old boy claimed they robbed and assaulted a victim because he was upset by the Trayvon Martin case and beat the man up because he was white. So let’s understand this … two black beat the crap out of a white guy because they were upset about Trayvon Martin? Really?

So when can we expect those that use the race card at every turn to show up and express their outrage? In reality, the race baiters should be charged as co-conspirators in this crime as they are the ones who fanned the fires of racism, hate and revenge.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: April 22, 2012, 12:02:51 PM »

The Trayvon Martin Shooting “DeeDee” Reveals The False “Truths

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/04/21/update-10-part-2-the-trayvon-martin-shooting-deedee-reveals-the-false-truths/
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: April 22, 2012, 01:36:02 PM »

Now This is a Hate Crime: Alton L. Hayes III … I Beat Up White Man Because I Am Mad About Trayvon Martin Case … The MSM, Sharpton & Jackson Remain Silent

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/04/21/now-this-is-a-hate-crime-alton-l-hayes-iii-i-beat-up-white-man-because-i-am-mad-about-trayvon-martin-case-the-msm-sharpton-jackson-remain-silent/

The following is a note to Sharpton, Jackson, the bias MSM and those political race baiters to show them exactly what a "HATE CRIME" looks, sounds and smells like.

May this be a reminder to the President Barack Obama, the bias MSM, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Oprah Winfrey, Rep. Maxine Watters (D-CA),  the New Black Panther Party and the rest of the foolish sheep that allow themselves to be manipulated by racist hate … THIS IS WHAT IS CALLED A HATE CRIME!!!

Alton L. Hayes III, 18,  and a 15 year old boy claimed they robbed and assaulted a victim because he was upset by the Trayvon Martin case and beat the man up because he was white. So let’s understand this … two black beat the crap out of a white guy because they were upset about Trayvon Martin? Really?

So when can we expect those that use the race card at every turn to show up and express their outrage? In reality, the race baiters should be charged as co-conspirators in this crime as they are the ones who fanned the fires of racism, hate and revenge.

Agree

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: April 22, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »

Very interesting Toler..

Sooo, did Sabrina not attend the memorial or the viewing of Trayvon? The above article said that Sabrina remained at home...really?
And I would like to know why the girl that Trayvon was speaking with that night not call 911 after she lost contact with him? I think that once questioned, her story might prove to have plenty of holes and questions in it...jmo...

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #676 on: April 22, 2012, 03:15:03 PM »

From what the writer has about the "girlfriends" twitter it will be a hoot to watch her testify.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: April 22, 2012, 05:05:56 PM »

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/21/11324566-george-zimmerman-prepares-for-release-from-jail-lawyer-visits

George Zimmerman prepares for release from jail; lawyer visits

George Zimmerman's lawyer visited him Saturday in a Florida jail as he prepared for his release on bail, which could occur mid-week. 

Attorney Mark O'Mara said it would take several days before Zimmerman is released, as his family has been having trouble putting together enough money for collateral. Zimmerman also must be fitted with an electronic monitoring device and O'Mara must find him a secure location.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: April 22, 2012, 05:12:09 PM »

http://**/breaking-news/ci_20455699/all-eyes-florida-jail-george-zimmerman-awaits-release

All eyes on Florida jail as George Zimmerman awaits release on bail
Posted:   04/22/2012 01:11:21 PM PDT
April 22, 2012 8:11 PM GMTUpdated:   04/22/2012 01:11:22 PM PDT

SANFORD, Fla. -- All eyes remain on the Florida jail where the man charged with murdering 17-year-old Trayvon Martin is awaiting release on bail, and it could be several days before he leaves.

George Zimmerman's attorney was still working Sunday to secure the money for bail and a safe place for the 28-year-old neighborhood watch volunteer to stay. But residents in Sanford, where Martin was killed, don't expect a ruckus once Zimmerman is released.

City commissioners haven't received calls from nervous residents. Protesters haven't showed up outside the jail. And talk at one local coffee shop seldom focused on the case.

"It's just kind of a non-issue now," said Michele Church, a server at Mel's Family Diner. "That's pretty much all anybody in Sanford wanted, was an arrest, so it could be sorted out in the court system."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: April 23, 2012, 12:26:00 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/george-zimmerman-released-fla-jail-16192275

George Zimmerman Released From Fla. Jail
SANFORD, Fla. April 23, 2012 (AP)

George Zimmerman has been released from a Florida jail on $150,000 bond as he awaits trial for shooting Trayvon Martin.

The neighborhood watch volunteer left the Seminole County jail around midnight Sunday.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.