March 29, 2024, 01:20:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390720 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: April 23, 2012, 09:35:12 PM »

Earlier on in the case, Trayvon's mom made it very clear she was upset because George Zimmerman didn't apologize for shooting her son.  She said when someone does wrong, (not exact quote) they should apologize.  George Zimmerman apologized to his parents in court, but she wouldn't even look at him.  And I guess now the apology wasn't good enough.  Nothing will bring back her son.  It's my belief that even if George had gotten down on bended knee and expressed his sorrow, it wouldn't have been good enough.  I think Trayvon's parents are under pressure not to cave in.  They are pressured by certain people, including Al Sharpton etal to keep the fires of hatred burning.  For Trayvon's parents to show anything short of disdain toward George Zimmerman would get them a rebuke behind doors.  Sort of like when Trayvon's mom said on Today's Show the shooting was an accident.  And then that got changed Trayvon was profiled and the meeting of her son and George was an accident.  

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/cerabino-george-zimmermans-public-apology-misses-mark-2321203.html
Cerabino: George Zimmerman's public apology misses mark

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/23/11351669-zimmermans-attorney-apologizes-for-clients-apology-to-trayvon-martins-parents?lite
Zimmerman's attorney apologizes for client's apology to Trayvon Martin's parents

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/4/20/george_zimmerman_apo.html
George Zimmerman: Apologizes to Martin family, bond set

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-04-12/news/31332992_1_face-charges-second-degree-murder-justice-system
Trayvon Martin case: Slain teen’s mom, Sybrina Fulton, says killing was ‘an accident’

Muffers! Totally totally agree! Well said..

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: April 23, 2012, 09:36:30 PM »

Cookie, I don't want to see any young man die.  I have two sons of my own.  What I want to see is the truth and in my opinion, there has been some things going on that muddies the truth.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: April 23, 2012, 09:41:09 PM »

Cookie, I don't want to see any young man die.  I have two sons of my own.  What I want to see is the truth and in my opinion, there has been some things going on that muddies the truth.

Ditto on the 2 sons, me too..

Like you, I just want the truth ...And I do think that you are correct that the parents can't back down now even if they wanted to...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: April 23, 2012, 09:58:50 PM »

George Zimmerman's Booking Photo/NYPost

Trayvon Martin (myfox.com)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: April 23, 2012, 10:18:19 PM »

Muffy...a friend posted an article about Trayvon..what MSM and others don't want us to know
Dailycaller..com. 
I would bring it over but I am not real swift at doing articles especially from my iPad.  Could you see if you can locate it...it is a second twitter account that Trayvon had...maybe it has already been posted here.
Thanks
M~

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #705 on: April 24, 2012, 11:43:04 AM »

He will be on walking on Eggshells around his wife 

A step out of line /one Beer, if the Wife gets angry  he will be back in the
Slammer.  IMO

Wife said she is will Guad. from nursing school, in June, I thought she did nails, see, we cannot always believe what we hear and half of what we see.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #706 on: April 24, 2012, 12:50:15 PM »

If the man who I thought murdered my son tried to apologize to me at the bond hearing I too would feel it was disingenuous.

The night of the murder an investigator was present who felt strongly Zimmerman should be held and the murder fully investigated.  Zimmerman's daddy shows up and everything is dropped.  Trayvon's parents are given the runaround for over a month then finally have to make it public to get any type of attention and/or answers.  I see them only as parents who want answers to why their child is dead at the hands of another man.  Trayvon's mother was being honest in that she felt George accidentally murdered her boy, not with the intent to cold blooded kill him, but because he had himself all worked up chasing down and provoking someone he thought shouldn't be in his neighborhood (which is still at minimum manslaughter).  She was being honest and kept a fair perspective.  Then the media takes her level headedness and makes it something bad. 

The media reports which are clearly inflammatory and being written as to guide the minds of viewers toward divisiveness, are intentional efforts to confuse us and exploit our emotions.  Why else would the media ever give coverage to Al Sharpton?  I promise you, he doesn't speak for all black people.  Many of them think he's an idiot.

People are people, this case is complicated, but in the end it needs to go through the judicial process so it can be proven and the facts reviewed, not swept under the rug as was the original intention of the local police department.

Now, where's that monkey dodging tomatoes smilie?

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #707 on: April 24, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/24/2765225/george-zimmerman-on-his-own-lawyer.html#moreb

George Zimmerman “on his own” lawyer says

George Zimmerman will alternate from several locations in attempt to stay safe.
By Frances Robles
frobles@MiamiHerald.com

George Zimmerman spent his first 24 hours on bond “on his own” and in fear of his life, his attorney said in a television interview Monday night.

Zimmerman was released from jail early Monday wearing a bulletproof vest, defense attorney Mark O’Mara told CNN. He said authorities are not providing any security for him, so several locations have been arranged for him to “maintain his safety and security.”

“There’s been a lot of chatter about his release, and that’s concerning him and us,” O’Mara said. “He’s sort of on his own with his own protection, at this point.”

O’Mara said the security and housing were being paid by Zimmerman’s family. It’s unclear how much has been raised from websites set up to collect donations, he said. One site has about $800 and another a few thousand dollars, but he’s unclear if anyone has withdrawn any funds, he told CNN’s Anderson Cooper.

Zimmerman faces second-degree murder charges in the Feb. 26 shooting of unarmed Miami Gardens teenager Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman shot Trayvon in what he claims was an act of self defense.

It took six weeks before Zimmerman was arrested, and he now faces the possibility of life in prison. He posted $150,000 bond and is staying at undisclosed locations.

“George greatly appreciates your thoughts, and donations. We are working on obtaining an update directly from George very soon,” someone posted on Zimmerman’s website,TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com. “GZ hopes to be able to update the site in the next day or two, God willing.”

::snipping2::

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/24/2765225/george-zimmerman-on-his-own-lawyer.html#moreb#storylink=cpy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #708 on: April 24, 2012, 01:11:14 PM »

If the man who I thought murdered my son tried to apologize to me at the bond hearing I too would feel it was disingenuous.

The night of the murder an investigator was present who felt strongly Zimmerman should be held and the murder fully investigated.  Zimmerman's daddy shows up and everything is dropped.  Trayvon's parents are given the runaround for over a month then finally have to make it public to get any type of attention and/or answers.  I see them only as parents who want answers to why their child is dead at the hands of another man.  Trayvon's mother was being honest in that she felt George accidentally murdered her boy, not with the intent to cold blooded kill him, but because he had himself all worked up chasing down and provoking someone he thought shouldn't be in his neighborhood (which is still at minimum manslaughter).  She was being honest and kept a fair perspective.  Then the media takes her level headedness and makes it something bad. 

The media reports which are clearly inflammatory and being written as to guide the minds of viewers toward divisiveness, are intentional efforts to confuse us and exploit our emotions.  Why else would the media ever give coverage to Al Sharpton?  I promise you, he doesn't speak for all black people.  Many of them think he's an idiot.

People are people, this case is complicated, but in the end it needs to go through the judicial process so it can be proven and the facts reviewed, not swept under the rug as was the original intention of the local police department.

I would think that I would still be angry if this happened to my child and though I would request an apology...I likely wouldn't accept it.  However, I do believe that George is remorseful and his apology is sincere...just my feeling (doesn't mean I'm right Smile)  We see so many times where we comment that there is no remorse at all...so, I don't feel that I can say that in this case.  Anyhow, just my two cents...and I had to say that I agree with the majority of what you said...so true that the media has made this case worse. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #709 on: April 24, 2012, 01:21:31 PM »

I would think that I would still be angry if this happened to my child and though I would request an apology...I likely wouldn't accept it.  However, I do believe that George is remorseful and his apology is sincere...just my feeling (doesn't mean I'm right )  We see so many times where we comment that there is no remorse at all...so, I don't feel that I can say that in this case.  Anyhow, just my two cents...and I had to say that I agree with the majority of what you said...so true that the media has made this case worse.

Hi Labubske.  You could be right... George may really be remorseful.  Still, his websites and comments did not show that.  They were basically, "woe is me, I need money, my life has been changed forever".  Then, with the bond hearing nearing, he suddenly wants to apologize for what happened.  I personally doubt he would have ever apologized or shown remorse if he wasn't being held and investigated, but I could be wrong, too.   
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #710 on: April 24, 2012, 02:09:46 PM »

I won't be tossing any tomatoes! 

As a Mother, I would find it very difficult to accept an apology, under the circumstances.
The apology came weeks after the event.
I believe it was scripted and self serving.
I would have difficulty accepting the fact that the man who shot my child saw him in the first instance as a suspicious person.  That alone would hurt and anger me. 
After he made the call to the police he chose to continue the pursuit when he could have stood back and waited for a police presence as the dispatcher suggested.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #711 on: April 24, 2012, 02:33:11 PM »

oops...
didn't finish my post.

I would like to see Trayvon's parents extricate themselves from the likes of Sharpton.

I don't care if Trayvon had character flaws, he is gone and his Mother will likely never recover.

All my humble opinion. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: April 24, 2012, 02:40:02 PM »

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpps/news/zimmerman-lawyer-apology-timing-wrong-dpgonc-20120423-sv_19378053
(NewsCore) - George Zimmerman's attorney issued an apology Monday for the timing of his client's in-court expression of remorse to the family of Trayvon Martin.

Lawyer Mark O'Mara said he would not have allowed his client to take the stand at his bond hearing Friday had he known it would upset the family.
O'Mara told "CBS This Morning" Monday that Zimmerman had asked Thursday for a private meeting to apologize but Martin's family rejected the idea.

Benjamin Crump, a lawyer for the Martin family, said at a press conference Thursday that requesting such a meeting a day before the bond hearing was "self-serving."

But O'Mara said he was unaware of Crump's statement.

"To be honest, had I known that -- maybe had I seen the press conference -- I'm not sure that we would have done it at the bond hearing, because the purpose of it truly was to get to the family and to respond directly to the family's request [for an apology]," O'Mara told CBS.

"Had I known or been told that that wasn't the time, it wouldn't have happened. So, I apologize for that."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: April 24, 2012, 02:41:40 PM »

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-04-20/story/zimmerman-granted-150000-bail-apologizes-teens-family
Asked why he waited so long to apologize, Zimmerman said he was told not to reach out to the family. He denied having changed his version of events during the investigation.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: April 24, 2012, 02:45:42 PM »

I agree, it would seem unusual for a defendant to apologize at a bond hearing.  And this is why I think if it seemed carefully crafted, it was to also make certain George Zimmerman's own words weren't used against him.  JMHO

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/excerpts-from-george-zimmermans-apology-to-trayvon-martins-parents-prosecutors-questions/2012/04/20/gIQAN4bDWT_story.html

In an unusual move, George Zimmerman took the witness stand Friday to apologize to the parents of Trayvon Martin for fatally shooting their 17-year-old son.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #715 on: April 24, 2012, 03:56:35 PM »

Don't think I've seen this posted here yet. Apologies if this is redundant, or if I've not posted it correctly.

::justice2NJ::  ::justice2NJ::

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #716 on: April 24, 2012, 05:23:35 PM »

Thank you, Sharon.  I had never read that.  It cements my belief that Trayvon was a good kid who was targeted and pursued by an overzealous neighborhood watch person.  It is what it is.  He was black but that doesn't mean he was a thug.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #717 on: April 24, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »

Dershowitz: Zimmerman prosecutors should be investigated

Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz believes the prosecution team in the George Zimmerman case should be investigated to see if they committed a criminal act.

On the Glenn Beck radio program today, Professor Dershowitz said he does not believe the Florida prosecution team had sufficient evidence to charge George Zimmerman with second degree murder in the death of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida. Unless there is additional evidence, Dershowitz believes the second degree murder charge is baseless. Dershowitz added that he does not see any justification for the prosecution to withhold evidence.

Furthermore, in an explosive charge, Dershowitz said he believes the Florida prosecution, may be guilty of committing an ethical violation, and potentially may have committed a criminal act by charging Zimmerman with second degree murder. If the prosecution had access to a photograph showing the bloodied head of Mr. Zimmerman, taken immediately after the incident on February 26, there was no basis for a second degree murder charge, according to Dershowitz. If it were proven that the prosecution had access to the photograph, and filed a second degree murder charge anyway, Dershowitz believes they may be guilty of subornation of perjury which is a very serious charge.  ::snipping2:: 

Continue reading on Examiner.com Dershowitz: Zimmerman prosecutors should be investigated - Manchester Independent | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/article/dershowitz-believes-zimmerman-prosecutor-may-have-committed-a-criminal-act#ixzz1szngNH2X
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: April 24, 2012, 08:39:53 PM »

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/in-depth-debate-on-whether-the-sanford-city-commission-did-the-right-thing-rejecting-resignation
In Depth: Debate on whether the Sanford City Commission did the right thing rejecting resignation
April 24, 2012

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: April 24, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpps/news/zimmerman-fundraising-website-shut-down-dpgonc-km-20120424_19417204

Zimmerman Fundraising Website Shut Down
Updated: Tuesday, 24 Apr 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 24 Apr 2012, 8:27 PM EDT

(NewsCore) - A website set up for George Zimmerman to raise cash for his legal defense after he was accused of killing unarmed Florida teen Trayvon Martin has been shut down while his attorney tries to restructure the fund, FOXNews.com has learned.

TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com was launched April 10, as a digital soapbox for Zimmerman to give his side of the story, as well as a fundraising tool to solicit donations to his legal defense fund.

Zimmerman used the site, which took major credit cards, to communicate messages to his supporters. But his attorney, Mark O'Mara, said the site has been shut down as of Tuesday.

"I've started the process to properly authorize his legal fund," O'Mara said. "I do not want him to have any internet presence and that site has been taken down."
A friend of Zimmerman helped launch the site, but several fake imitation websites and Twitter accounts have popped up in recent weeks. O'Mara said he is trying to clear the internet of fake sites and set up a defense fund that meets all legal requirements.

"I'm trying to scrub through all of them and take action to have them taken down," he told FOXNews.com. "We are currently going through the Division of Consumer Service for an authorized fund. We will likely put up another website for donations, but it will be done through my office."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.