March 28, 2024, 01:20:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390655 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: April 28, 2012, 11:30:04 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/28/town-hall-meeting-held-on-trayvon-martin-shooting/

Town hall meeting held on Trayvon Martin shooting
Published April 28, 2012

SANFORD, Fla. -- Civil rights advocates will be discussing the shooting death of Trayvon Martin and its impact on the Sanford community.

A town hall meeting will be held Saturday evening at a church in Sanford that has held numerous public meetings surrounding the case that has gripped the community since the 17-year-old's fatal shooting on Feb. 26.

The meeting is organized by the Florida Civil Rights Association. Civil rights attorneys, former state prosecutors and religious leaders will discuss race and community trust concerns with the Sanford Police Department, among others. The group will also touch on the arrest of George Zimmerman, the pending investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice and Florida's self-defense law.
 ::snipping2::

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/28/town-hall-meeting-held-on-trayvon-martin-shooting/#ixzz1tOcMWB3k
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: April 29, 2012, 12:42:25 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Lawyer-Angela-Corey-missed-deadline-to-release-evidence/-/1637132/12190668/-/g2ilu2/-/index.html

Lawyer: Angela Corey missed deadline to release evidence
Fight over public's right to know intensifies as lawyers disagree about record law
Published On: Apr 28 2012 09:54:26 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 28 2012 10:39:45 PM EDT

SANFORD, Fla. -
As controversy over the $200,000 George Zimmerman raised on PayPal took center stage Friday, Special Prosecutor Angela Corey's decision to ignore legal questions raised over whether she's obeying Florida's public record law went largely unnoticed.

But the issue of whether Corey has the legal right to continue preventing the public from seeing the evidence she says proves Zimmerman committed the second degree murder of Trayvon Martin seems to be coming to a head.

The special prosecutor's office on Friday refused to make that evidence public -- even though an attorney fighting for the public's access insists Friday was when Florida law required Corey to share the evidence with the millions of people following the case.

The reason the deadline for Corey's evidence to become public was Friday, according to Scott Ponce, the attorney representing media organizations seeking access, is because that was 15 days after Zimmerman's attorney served Corey with an April 12 demand for evidence. This process of the state sharing evidence with both the defendant and public at large is known as discovery.

When denying requests from the public for the Zimmerman discovery records Friday, Corey's office told Local 6 Florida law allowed her to keep the records secret using a criminal investigative exemption because "no records have been provided to the defendant."
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #802 on: April 29, 2012, 01:11:29 AM »

Lawyer: Angela Corey missed deadline to release evidence
Fight over public's right to know intensifies as lawyers disagree about record law

SANFORD, Fla. -
As controversy over the $200,000 George Zimmerman raised on PayPal took center stage Friday, Special Prosecutor Angela Corey's decision to ignore legal questions raised over whether she's obeying Florida's public record law went largely unnoticed.

But the issue of whether Corey has the legal right to continue preventing the public from seeing the evidence she says proves Zimmerman committed the second degree murder of Trayvon Martin seems to be coming to a head.

The special prosecutor's office on Friday refused to make that evidence public -- even though an attorney fighting for the public's access insists Friday was when Florida law required Corey to share the evidence with the millions of people following the case.

The reason the deadline for Corey's evidence to become public was Friday, according to Scott Ponce, the attorney representing media organizations seeking access, is because that was 15 days after Zimmerman's attorney served Corey with an April 12 demand for evidence. This process of the state sharing evidence with both the defendant and public at large is known as discovery.

When denying requests from the public for the Zimmerman discovery records Friday, Corey's office told Local 6 Florida law allowed her to keep the records secret using a criminal investigative exemption because "no records have been provided to the defendant."

But Ponce, who specializes in public record law, believes that Corey can no longer use that reason to withhold records from the public, now that the 15 day discovery deadline has passed. That's because Florida law specifically excludes documents "required" to be given to the defendant from the type of records that can be withheld as criminal investigative information.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Lawyer-Angela-Corey-missed-deadline-to-release-evidence/-/1637132/12190668/-/g2ilu2/-/index.html
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #803 on: April 29, 2012, 11:26:49 AM »

Trayvon Martin: Sanford forum focuses on race, government representation

SANFORD — The political systems in Sanford and Seminole County are broken, and black residents need to get more involved with their governments to fix the problem, civil-rights leaders said at a forum Saturday to discuss the impact of the Trayvon Martin shooting.

The Rev. H.D. Rucker, pastor at First Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, which hosted the event, said residents should keep pressure on the system that did not arrest George Zimmerman immediately in the Feb. 26 killing of 17-year-old Tray

About 20 attended the forum, sponsored by the Florida Civil Rights Association — a far cry from the thousands who protested after Trayon's death. Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder April 11.

Panelists included civil-rights lawyer Shayan Elahi, Sanford mother Laura Booker, who was arrested when she complained to a school-bus driver that her daughter was being bullied, and Ryan Williams, who is running for Orange-Osceola State Attorney.

Booker said that if Sanford police had done their job, few people would know who Zimmerman was.

"Sadly, Zimmerman is a victim as well," she said.

Resident James Davis said it was obvious that Sanford police Chief Bill Lee, who has stepped down temporarily in the wake of the shooting, had mishandled the situation. Lee tried to resign Monday, april 23 but the City Commission would not accept his resignation.

"When we select the next chief over here, make sure black people are engaged in the process," Davis said.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-trayvon-martin-civil-rights-forum-20120428,0,7540222.story
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #804 on: April 29, 2012, 12:30:20 PM »

SANFORD — The political systems in Sanford and Seminole County are broken, and black residents need to get more involved with their governments to fix the problem, civil-rights leaders said at a forum Saturday to discuss the impact of the Trayvon Martin shooting.

The Rev. H.D. Rucker, pastor at First Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, which hosted the event, said residents should keep pressure on the system that did not arrest George Zimmerman immediately in the Feb. 26 killing of 17-year-old Tray

About 20 attended the forum, sponsored by the Florida Civil Rights Association — a far cry from the thousands who protested after Trayon's death. Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder April 11.

Panelists included civil-rights lawyer Shayan Elahi, Sanford mother Laura Booker, who was arrested when she complained to a school-bus driver that her daughter was being bullied, and Ryan Williams, who is running for Orange-Osceola State Attorney.

Booker said that if Sanford police had done their job, few people would know who Zimmerman was.

Resident James Davis said it was obvious that Sanford police Chief Bill Lee, who has stepped down temporarily in the wake of the shooting, had mishandled the situation. Lee tried to resign Monday, april 23 but the City Commission would not accept his resignation.

"When we select the next chief over here, make sure black people are engaged in the process," Davis said.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-trayvon-martin-civil-rights-forum-20120428,0,7540222.story
Last time I checked, our president is black. Wonder how why this racist white country elected a black president? Wonder if maybe the civil rights idiots can someday realize that they just may be what keeps the racism & want for hate alive.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #805 on: April 29, 2012, 01:17:47 PM »

Agree kcrn

There is money in it for some. Without mentioning names.  We all know who they are

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #806 on: April 29, 2012, 04:02:58 PM »

Last time I checked, our president is black. Wonder how why this racist white country elected a black president? Wonder if maybe the civil rights idiots can someday realize that they just may be what keeps the racism & want for hate alive.

Very good point.  Still, I wonder if Trayvon were a white kid and Zimmerman were a black man would things have been handled the same way?  Somehow I don't think so, but that's JMO.

I know people who refused to vote for Obama because he was black.  Friends of ours, otherwise good people with good jobs and a good family, who outright admitted this.  Racism exists.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: April 29, 2012, 05:24:15 PM »

Racism does exist.. But not just with white people.  My sister who is white was married to a very nice black man. Black women wanted to fight my sister and were very vocal in their distaste that my sister was white and hubs is black..
She said that the blacks were more rude to them than white people. 
Just to point out that racism goes both ways. People who are ignorant don't have any particular color. IMO

I do have a beautiful niece from their marriage who is of course mixed and beautiful and she has experienced racism from both sides

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #808 on: April 29, 2012, 10:25:32 PM »

Agree kcrn

There is money in it for some. Without mentioning names.  We all know who they are

I so agree with both of you and it's sad that this case is bringing out the worst in so many people. I read someone asked if Trayvon had been white and Zimmerman black would this be handled diiferently, well in AZ this happened very recently and no arrest yet......of course I am still waiting on the DOJ, Al Sharpton and the other agitators to involve themselves in this one, nothing yet - I am shocked I tell you

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/29/us/stand-your-ground/index.html

Laveen, Arizona (CNN) -- Daniel Adkins knew his son would never leave Lady. So when animal control officers showed up at the door with Daniel Jr.'s yellow lab in tow, "I felt like he was calling out to me for help."

Something was definitely wrong.

Adkins and his wife, Antonia, had searched the neighborhood just hours earlier, tracing their missing son's footsteps down two miles of dusty road to a cluster of strip malls. But they didn't make it as far as the Taco Bell. If they had, they would have come across the flashing police lights and the body of Daniel Jr., lying on the asphalt by the drive-thru window, with Lady by his side.

The next morning brought two police detectives bearing news that Daniel Jr., who was 29 but had the mental capacity of a 13-year-old, had been shot and killed. The shooter said he acted in self-defense. He has not been charged.

Adkins' death on April 3 marks the most recent chapter in America's debate over the right to use lethal force. The controversy has ricocheted from coast to coast ever since unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin was shot to death in Sanford, Florida, on February 26.

The Martin case renewed scrutiny of Florida's 2005 "Stand Your Ground" law after Sanford police initially declined to arrest Martin's shooter, a neighborhood watch volunteer. George Zimmerman has now been charged with second-degree murder but likely will invoke self-defense.

In Arizona, where the Adkins family lives, a similar law was enacted in 2006, tacked on to another gun bill after a gun rights lobbyist promoted it for 20 seconds in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Called "Make my Day," it says people have no duty to retreat before using deadly force to protect themselves anywhere they have the legal right to be.

I am equally perplexed about the outrage that Zimmerman had a website for donations, heaven knows he will need it as he is a marked man and even if found not guilty I worry for his safety and his family's safety. I know the Martins also have been on the recieving end of donations and that is their right just as it is GZ's right. He will need EVERY penny and more because not only is he going to have to go to trial here in Florida, the DOJ jas stated they are going to investigate whether or not GZ violated TM's civil rights....yet they have not even mentioned the fact that the NBP's out a freaking bounty on his head and I thought that was a crime, a federal crime too. I shouldn't be shocked considering Holder's tstimony after the PA voter intimidation fiasco, but it definitely deepens a divide that the law (and this is the Attorney General of the US) doesn't apply the law evenly. One has to ask WHY??? That is one reason I did and will continue to donate to his defense fund, I feel this case was pursued out of the mob mentality and that is discrimination IMO....he  (GZ) is facing life in prison and a possible DOJ federal trial, and I am sick and tired of doube standards. This case reminds me so much of the Duke LaCrosse case and if those boys hadn't been able to fund their own defense and hire experts they would likely be sitting in a prison now, at some point enough is enough and I am going to quit biatching about this and put my money where my mouth is. If he is guilty then he is, but IIRC the Martins have not only the State of Florida and the DOJ behind them, they have an army of race baiting instigators who wouldn't have a job or earn a dime if they weren't stirring th pot...remember Tawana Brawley? I for one woudn't set foot on a stage with them and I know the Martins are devasated and I totally understand but to align themselves with the ilk they have allowed themsleves to literally be used as an agenda IMO which only fuels racial tensions and is not to strive towards healing a community but to incite others to take their anger out however they see fit as displayed by the rash of beatings on whites "as justice for Trayvon"......how many cases so far, not sure but the 4-5 I know of are 4-5 too many. They MSM that has helped perpetrate this agenda has blood on their hands for the way they covered the facts or I should say "their" twisted versions of the facts, ie editing out words to make GZ look like a racist and much more.

Just a snippet of Al Sharpton's race baiting and some of the aftermath of his divisive rhetoric:

Tawana Brawley – In 1987, Al Sharpton propelled himself to national prominence by taking up of the cause of Tawana Brawley, a young African-American girl who accused six white men of raping her.  By the time a jury determined that Brawley had fabricated her entire story, Sharpton had so maliciously slandered several of the accused men with racial epithets that he was successfully counter-sued for defamation.

Crown Heights Riot – With ethnic tensions already dangerously fraught, riots erupted in the Brooklyn, N.Y. neighborhood of Crown Heights after a Jewish man accidentally struck and killed a black child with his car in the summer of 1991.  Never one to let a good crisis go to waste, Sharpton spoke at the boy’s funeral, referring to the “diamond merchants right here in Crown Heights,” and also led a march during the race riots that followed in which stores were looted, Jews were beat in the streets, and one Jewish student was fatally stabbed.

Duke Lacrosse Scandal – In a similar case to Brawley, a young black stripper claimed she was raped at a party by Duke University lacrosse players in the spring of 2006. Never one to be deterred by past experiences, Sharpton heroically mounted his race-baiting horse, declaring on national television that there were “certainly a lot of racial factors,” and “racism that’s in the air” involving the Duke players.  After the allegations again proved to be fabricated, Sharpton was actually called out by Whoopi Goldberg on The View.  Goldberg called upon Sharpton (alas, to no avail) to apologize for slandering the Duke players.

I feel for both families and want the truth but again IMO, it would serve both families to not become involved or in the case of the Martins to untangle themselves from the Al Sharptons and the other instigators that have been amping up hatred on a silver platter......how many will be beat in the perverted "Justice for Trayvon" movement? What about a death....I couldn't love with that on my consionce, but maybe that is just me

And to address on last point wrt racism ...IIRC it was Amy who mentioned that she knew of ppl who wouldn't vote for Obama because we is black (in reality he is also white but I digress), and I am sure that is true in some cases, but what about those who voted and will again based soley on the fact that he is black.....is that not also equally racist or is racism only a argument when the victim is anything except white? If so, we are in far worse shape than we were 10 yrs ago and sadly I do think that is the case, from the Prof. Gates case through now, including the voter intimidation case.

We ARE better than this as a country, we just need someone to step up to the plate and say NO MORE We are one country period and we should all be colorblind.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #809 on: April 29, 2012, 10:56:52 PM »

Agree kcrn

I so agree with both of you and it's sad that this case is bringing out the worst in so many people. I read someone asked if Trayvon had been white and Zimmerman black would this be handled diiferently, well in AZ this happened very recently and no arrest yet......of course I am still waiting on the DOJ, Al Sharpton and the other agitators to involve themselves in this one, nothing yet - I am shocked I tell you

Laveen, Arizona (CNN) -- Daniel Adkins knew his son would never leave Lady. So when animal control officers showed up at the door with Daniel Jr.'s yellow lab in tow, "I felt like he was calling out to me for help."

Adkins and his wife, Antonia, had searched the neighborhood just hours earlier, tracing their missing son's footsteps down two miles of dusty road to a cluster of strip malls. But they didn't make it as far as the Taco Bell. If they had, they would have come across the flashing police lights and the body of Daniel Jr., lying on the asphalt by the drive-thru window, with Lady by his side.

The next morning brought two police detectives bearing news that Daniel Jr., who was 29 but had the mental capacity of a 13-year-old, had been shot and killed. The shooter said he acted in self-defense. He has not been charged.

Adkins' death on April 3 marks the most recent chapter in America's debate over the right to use lethal force. The controversy has ricocheted from coast to coast ever since unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin was shot to death in Sanford, Florida, on February 26.

The Martin case renewed scrutiny of Florida's 2005 "Stand Your Ground" law after Sanford police initially declined to arrest Martin's shooter, a neighborhood watch volunteer. George Zimmerman has now been charged with second-degree murder but likely will invoke self-defense.

In Arizona, where the Adkins family lives, a similar law was enacted in 2006, tacked on to another gun bill after a gun rights lobbyist promoted it for 20 seconds in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Called "Make my Day," it says people have no duty to retreat before using deadly force to protect themselves anywhere they have the legal right to be.

I am equally perplexed about the outrage that Zimmerman had a website for donations, heaven knows he will need it as he is a marked man and even if found not guilty I worry for his safety and his family's safety. I know the Martins also have been on the recieving end of donations and that is their right just as it is GZ's right. He will need EVERY penny and more because not only is he going to have to go to trial here in Florida, the DOJ jas stated they are going to investigate whether or not GZ violated TM's civil rights....yet they have not even mentioned the fact that the NBP's out a freaking bounty on his head and I thought that was a crime, a federal crime too. I shouldn't be shocked considering Holder's tstimony after the PA voter intimidation fiasco, but it definitely deepens a divide that the law (and this is the Attorney General of the US) doesn't apply the law evenly. One has to ask WHY??? That is one reason I did and will continue to donate to his defense fund, I feel this case was pursued out of the mob mentality and that is discrimination IMO....he  (GZ) is facing life in prison and a possible DOJ federal trial, and I am sick and tired of doube standards. This case reminds me so much of the Duke LaCrosse case and if those boys hadn't been able to fund their own defense and hire experts they would likely be sitting in a prison now, at some point enough is enough and I am going to quit biatching about this and put my money where my mouth is. If he is guilty then he is, but IIRC the Martins have not only the State of Florida and the DOJ behind them, they have an army of race baiting instigators who wouldn't have a job or earn a dime if they weren't stirring th pot...remember Tawana Brawley? I for one woudn't set foot on a stage with them and I know the Martins are devasated and I totally understand but to align themselves with the ilk they have allowed themsleves to literally be used as an agenda IMO which only fuels racial tensions and is not to strive towards healing a community but to incite others to take their anger out however they see fit as displayed by the rash of beatings on whites "as justice for Trayvon"......how many cases so far, not sure but the 4-5 I know of are 4-5 too many. They MSM that has helped perpetrate this agenda has blood on their hands for the way they covered the facts or I should say "their" twisted versions of the facts, ie editing out words to make GZ look like a racist and much more.

Just a snippet of Al Sharpton's race baiting and some of the aftermath of his divisive rhetoric:

Tawana Brawley – In 1987, Al Sharpton propelled himself to national prominence by taking up of the cause of Tawana Brawley, a young African-American girl who accused six white men of raping her.  By the time a jury determined that Brawley had fabricated her entire story, Sharpton had so maliciously slandered several of the accused men with racial epithets that he was successfully counter-sued for defamation.

Crown Heights Riot – With ethnic tensions already dangerously fraught, riots erupted in the Brooklyn, N.Y. neighborhood of Crown Heights after a Jewish man accidentally struck and killed a black child with his car in the summer of 1991.  Never one to let a good crisis go to waste, Sharpton spoke at the boy’s funeral, referring to the “diamond merchants right here in Crown Heights,” and also led a march during the race riots that followed in which stores were looted, Jews were beat in the streets, and one Jewish student was fatally stabbed.

Duke Lacrosse Scandal – In a similar case to Brawley, a young black stripper claimed she was raped at a party by Duke University lacrosse players in the spring of 2006. Never one to be deterred by past experiences, Sharpton heroically mounted his race-baiting horse, declaring on national television that there were “certainly a lot of racial factors,” and “racism that’s in the air” involving the Duke players.  After the allegations again proved to be fabricated, Sharpton was actually called out by Whoopi Goldberg on The View.  Goldberg called upon Sharpton (alas, to no avail) to apologize for slandering the Duke players.

I feel for both families and want the truth but again IMO, it would serve both families to not become involved or in the case of the Martins to untangle themselves from the Al Sharptons and the other instigators that have been amping up hatred on a silver platter......how many will be beat in the perverted "Justice for Trayvon" movement? What about a death....I couldn't love with that on my consionce, but maybe that is just me

And to address on last point wrt racism ...IIRC it was Amy who mentioned that she knew of ppl who wouldn't vote for Obama because we is black (in reality he is also white but I digress), and I am sure that is true in some cases, but what about those who voted and will again based soley on the fact that he is black.....is that not also equally racist or is racism only a argument when the victim is anything except white? If so, we are in far worse shape than we were 10 yrs ago and sadly I do think that is the case, from the Prof. Gates case through now, including the voter intimidation case.

We ARE better than this as a country, we just need someone to step up to the plate and say NO MORE We are one country period and we should all be colorblind.

Absolutely amazing post!!! U backed up everything I have been thinking with examples up to &including the fact that many voted for obama soley because he is considered a black man. Bravo islandmonkey!!!!!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #810 on: April 29, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-28/news/os-george-zimmerman-evidence-trayvon-20120428_1_special-prosecutor-angela-corey-evidence-police-headquarters

When Zimmerman evidence is released, what will it show?
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
8:01 p.m. EST, April 28, 2012

"It'll be like little bits and pieces that will have to be strung together," said Adam Pollack, an Orlando criminal-trial attorney. "Almost a bunch of little dots. Initially, the little dots don't make much sense, but if you step back, you see a bigger picture."

The public could get access in the next few days — although there may be delays — because prosecutors are legally required to share evidence with the defense and, once that happens, the information becomes public through a process called discovery. The most compelling evidence should fall into these categories:

Crime-scene evidence
That includes anything found at the scene where the two came into contact and the sidewalk where Zimmerman, a Sanford Neighborhood Watch volunteer, fatally shot the unarmed black teenager Feb. 26. He's charged with second-degree murder.
Witness statements
The most important witness in the case may be Zimmerman. According to prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda, the defendant gave five statements to authorities. Police described one as a re-enactment.
Autopsy results
Trayvon died of a single gunshot wound to the chest, but the results of his autopsy should reveal how close the gun was when it went off and the bullet's trajectory, lawyers said.
Crime-lab results
Police gathered Trayvon's and Zimmerman's clothes, and they have likely been analyzed for dirt, grass, blood and DNA by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #811 on: April 29, 2012, 11:44:55 PM »

Agree kcrn

Absolutely amazing post!!! U backed up everything I have been thinking with examples up to &including the fact that many voted for obama soley because he is considered a black man. Bravo islandmonkey!!!!!

No I should say Bravo to so may of you!! I have stayed away from this forum because the double standard and MSM reporting have made me sick but you , cookie and so many others have not been afraid to step where it's scary to tread but I finally had to jump in an say my piece....there are so many other examples I could have picked but I was typing so fast I just went with these I was most familiar with off the top of my head. Since when is justice brought due to lynch mob mentality?? I think we know that answer and ITA with whomever stated that it the outcome of the trial is not what the Martin family or the surrogates desire, well I expect riots and much worse, makes me glad I live isolated on an Island because my kids including the older ones in their 20's will have their butts back here if I have to drag them onto the Island by myself, I will not allow for some wild mob to become a danger to my family due to some antagonist that purposefully is inciting hate, and I sure as hell don't mind defending my home should the need arise nor do my neighbors. We do watch for those that are out wandering the streets and we know don't live here, is that racial.......NO, these are white kids and if I see anyone act suspicous we watch, get into the car and take a trip etc., we have really never had any trouble because we are such a tiny little Island absolutely covered with LE but we still watch out for each other and frankly I am grateful for that aspect of my community.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #812 on: April 29, 2012, 11:51:00 PM »

REALLY great post Island Monkey.  Tons of solid points were made.  I don't have time to really chew on it right now but suffice it to say this is definitely a two sided issue with validity from each perspective.  Somewhere in there lies the answer. 

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: April 29, 2012, 11:55:05 PM »

REALLY great post Island Monkey.  Tons of solid points were made.  I don't have time to really chew on it right now but suffice it to say this is definitely a two sided issue with validity from each perspective.  Somewhere in there lies the answer. 

Absolutely...I second that Smile

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #814 on: April 30, 2012, 12:04:02 AM »

Absolutely...I second that Smile

Thanks you all, again I commend everyone who had the guts to step into the fray for weeks when I was too disgusted by all the hype and BS to jump in, but reading all your post I finally had to step in and say I agree and ENOUGH......we need to heal and not divide further, this has become damn insanity on so many levels on the back of a tragedy. Who really gains from that except those I mentioned upthread....nobody!

[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: April 30, 2012, 07:39:48 AM »

Excellent and brilliant put together post Island Monkey! You should put that post in a newspaper in every state for all to read! Just excellent!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: April 30, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »

Another comment, Obama did not get elected by the black vote only.

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #817 on: April 30, 2012, 10:08:42 AM »

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #818 on: April 30, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »

[
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #819 on: April 30, 2012, 11:39:55 AM »

Rev. Jesse Jackson speaks at Miami-Dade church about importance of voting

The civil rights leader spoke to about 200 Sunday afternoon at a church, and said it was crucial that young people to register to vote.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson preached Sunday afternoon in Miami-Dade County about the importance of teaching young people the importance of voting, the continued battle against racism and the controversial shooting of Trayvon Martin.

Inside the 93rd Street Community Baptist Church in West Little River, to about 200 people in the pews, the civil rights leader opened his remarks with, “Long live the spirit of Trayvon Martin.”

It was a bit late in the afternoon for a Sunday service, but that didn’t stop the congregants from singing and praising the Lord.

Most came dressed in their Sunday best. It wasn’t hot, but fans were passed out to them, bearing bright red words that declared, “Be a responsible voter!”

Jackson, 70, spoke of key points in black history. He pointed out that Sunday was the 20th anniversary of the Los Angeles riots — days of violence that followed the acquittal of four Los Angeles police officers involved in the beating of Rodney King.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/29/2774868/rev-jesse-jackson-speaks-at-miami.html#storylink=cpy

Seems to me it has become more about this..votes, and $ than justice.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.