March 28, 2024, 05:18:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390676 times)
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #860 on: May 03, 2012, 05:58:02 PM »

I hope GZ gets a not guilty verdict.

I would HATE for this man to go to prison if this was in fact a SYG case.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #861 on: May 03, 2012, 07:11:43 PM »

Source: Zimmerman says Trayvon circled his SUV, frightened him

George Zimmerman told investigators that while he was on the phone with a Sanford police dispatcher reporting Trayvon Martin as suspicious, the teenager was circling his vehicle on foot, a source familiar with the investigation told the Orlando Sentinel.

The source said Zimmerman's account of events hasn't changed in his several statements to police — in which he said he was so unnerved by the teen's behavior that he rolled up his window to avoid a confrontation. However, he never mentioned any of that while talking to the dispatcher.

The details revealed by the source provide new insight into what Zimmerman said happened in the earliest moments of his contact with Trayvon. And they may reveal the inconsistencies alluded to by prosecutors in the case.

One of those inconsistencies: Zimmerman told police Trayvon had his hand over Zimmerman's mouth during their fight on the night he shot Trayvon.

The Sentinel's source confirmed that Zimmerman's statements include that allegation. But authorities do not believe that happened, the source told the Sentinel, because on one 911 call, someone can be heard screaming for help. If it were Zimmerman, as he claims, his cries were not muffled, the source said.

Zimmerman also told police, the source told the Sentinel, that while the two were on the ground, Trayvon reached for Zimmerman's gun, and the two struggled over it.

Those portions of Zimmerman's account are not corroborated by other evidence, the source said.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, said he hasn't yet seen his client's statements to police, and it would be inappropriate for him to address specific evidence in the case.

"It's hard for me to even comment on it," O'Mara said.

Sanford Spokesman Sgt. David Morgenstern said the police department "cannot make any comments on anything related to the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case."

Reached in Birmingham, Ala., Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump said Thursday that Zimmerman's claim that he was screaming in the 911 call and that his mouth was covered by the teen don't add up.   ::snipping2:: 

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-03/news/os-trayvon-martin-circles-george-zimmerman-20120503_1_special-prosecutor-angela-corey-source-police-department
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #862 on: May 03, 2012, 11:49:45 PM »

What is a "SYG" case ? I am clueless
Edit to add missing quote bracket.  MB
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 07:20:23 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #863 on: May 03, 2012, 11:55:06 PM »

I disagree about GZ getting a not guilty verdict.
I have 4 sons, and realize the pain his Mother must feel.
There is no such thing imo as SYG, when the opposing person is a 17 year old child,
who rem.......... was armed with Arizona Tea and Skittles.

IMO Trayvon was murdered in cold blood because he was black, and stereotyped a hoodlum.
I am hoping for justice for this young man. He deserves it after such a tragedy. He should be getting ready for the prom soon.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #864 on: May 04, 2012, 09:28:39 AM »

I disagree about GZ getting a not guilty verdict.
I have 4 sons, and realize the pain his Mother must feel.
There is no such thing imo as SYG, when the opposing person is a 17 year old child,
who rem.......... was armed with Arizona Tea and Skittles.

IMO Trayvon was murdered in cold blood because he was black, and stereotyped a hoodlum.
I am hoping for justice for this young man. He deserves it after such a tragedy. He should be getting ready for the prom soon.

Lake Erie,

I would hope someone would not shoot me, because I wear a hoodie all year long. Smile

Half the time I am smiling at the Trees, would that lead someone to believe I am not
where I should be?

I believe GZ wanted to be a hero, and never gave the poor kid a chance.

Did GZ have Pepper spray?  He should have had PS in his pants, instead of a gun.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #865 on: May 04, 2012, 09:33:14 AM »

GZ deserves a fair trial no matter what color either of the 2 people involved are/were. And Trayvon deserves justice no matter what color either of the 2 people involved are/were.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #866 on: May 04, 2012, 11:04:57 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2012/05/04/trayvon-martin-case-circling-trayvon-crouching-george/

Trayvon Martin case: Circling Trayvon, crouching George
Posted on May 4, 2012 by Valhall

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: May 04, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-04/news/os-george-zimmerman-defense-fund-20120504_1_paypal-defense-team-new-defense-fund

George Zimmerman's new defense fund up and running
10:08 a.m. EST, May 4, 2012

George Zimmerman's new defense fund is up and running, collecting donations online through the blog-style website set up recently by his attorney, Mark O'Mara.

According to the latest post on the site, GZLegalCase.com, Zimmerman's defense team received registration certification from the Florida Division of Consumer Services on Thursday.

"These monies will be used for George Zimmerman's ongoing living expenses, legal costs, and fees for this matter," the post says. "The funds are being administered by a third-party administrator, who has a background of being a former IRS agent, a Certified Public Accountant, and great experience in dealing with Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee matters."
 ::snipping2::
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #868 on: May 04, 2012, 01:07:46 PM »

Trayvon and Zimmerman: The Structure and Elements of a Disinformation Campaign

By Scott Swett

"Trayvon," of course, is Trayvon Martin, the black 17-year-old who was killed two months ago in Florida.  "Zimmerman" is George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who shot him.  Referring to Martin by his first name and Zimmerman by his last is just one small tactic in the national media campaign to make Martin's death an enduring symbol of white racism.

The Trayvon campaign is accurately described as "disinformation" because deception is a fundamental part of its planning, strategy, and implementation.  Leftist disinformation campaigns are common but not widely understood.  This article is intended to make them easier to recognize, and to provide a framework for additional research and investigation.  Whether or not George Zimmerman was justified in pulling the trigger is outside the scope of this analysis.

Narrative

The Trayvon narrative can be summarized as follows: a black child was walking innocently through a gated community after buying some candy at a store, when a white racist stalked and murdered him for no reason but his color.  The police, who are also racists, let the white man go free.

This narrative is similar to those used in previous racial disinformation campaigns:
 •1987 - White racists have raped a young black girl and left her in a trash bag.
•1996 - White racists are burning down black churches across the South.
•2005 - White racists at Duke University have raped a black woman.

Like the Trayvon narrative, the earlier narratives were untrue.  However, they remain widely believed as a result of the massive media coverage used to bring them to national attention.

Theme

All the racial narratives have the same underlying theme: black people are constantly oppressed and endangered by white racism, which is a central feature of American life.  This claim is constantly repeated by political agitators, making use of any event that becomes available.

(Actual statistics on violent crime tell a different story: blacks in America assault and murder whites at a far higher rate than the reverse, and the overwhelming majority of violent acts against blacks -- 93% -- are committed by other blacks.  These facts are rarely mentioned by the media.)

Strategy

Social science research offers some useful insights into how people typically make decisions:
 •Reasoning is only a small part of forming opinions or judgments
•Judgments are often based on inadequate information
 •Early and negative information has a disproportionally heavy impact
 •Anecdotal, easy-to-remember information is also overly weighted

Therefore, disinformation campaigns use simple, powerful, negative, emotional arguments that tell a story.  Since people resist changing their minds about emotionally loaded topics, the media campaign has to ramp up quickly, before the facts have a chance to catch up to the narrative.  ::snipping2:: 

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/05/trayvon_and_zimmerman_the_structure_and_elements_of_a_disinformation_campaign.html#ixzz1tvBKRLgB
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: May 04, 2012, 01:09:23 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/04/new-sanford-police-chief-promises-total-review/

New Sanford police chief promises total review
Published May 04, 2012

SANFORD, Fla. –  The new interim chief of the Sanford Police Department says he'll conduct an "A to Z" review following fallout from the Trayvon Martin case.

Chief Rick Myers said Friday he wants to help heal the emotional wounds caused by the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in February by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman. He says he will reach out to people in Sanford who feel they've been ignored by the police.

Myers was appointed the interim chief until city officials decide the future of former Police Chief Bill Lee.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/04/new-sanford-police-chief-promises-total-review/#ixzz1tvAcD5Un
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: May 04, 2012, 01:22:12 PM »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/new-interim-sanford-police-chief-to-begin-amid-2339815.html

New interim Sanford police chief to begin amid Trayvon Martin controversy
Posted: 10:26 a.m. Friday, May 4, 2012

SANFORD —
A new interim police chief who will now be in charge of the Sanford Police Department will start his first day Friday morning amid the controversy surrounding the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Richard Myers recently left his job as chief of police in Colorado Springs.

WFTV traveled to Colorado Springs to learn more about what people there think about their old chief, and not all the news is good.

Some people told Sanford city leaders not to hire Myers.

The NAACP recommended against it, but the city took the advice of a police executive headhunting firm and chose the interim chief anyway.

Myers had to deal with several scandals in his old job. Some argue that's a problem, others say this city needs someone accustomed to dealing with internal strife within a police department and city.

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #871 on: May 04, 2012, 02:31:37 PM »

By Scott Swett

"Trayvon," of course, is Trayvon Martin, the black 17-year-old who was killed two months ago in Florida.  "Zimmerman" is George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who shot him.  Referring to Martin by his first name and Zimmerman by his last is just one small tactic in the national media campaign to make Martin's death an enduring symbol of white racism.

The Trayvon campaign is accurately described as "disinformation" because deception is a fundamental part of its planning, strategy, and implementation.  Leftist disinformation campaigns are common but not widely understood.  This article is intended to make them easier to recognize, and to provide a framework for additional research and investigation.  Whether or not George Zimmerman was justified in pulling the trigger is outside the scope of this analysis.

Narrative

The Trayvon narrative can be summarized as follows: a black child was walking innocently through a gated community after buying some candy at a store, when a white racist stalked and murdered him for no reason but his color.  The police, who are also racists, let the white man go free.

This narrative is similar to those used in previous racial disinformation campaigns:
 •1987 - White racists have raped a young black girl and left her in a trash bag.

Like the Trayvon narrative, the earlier narratives were untrue.  However, they remain widely believed as a result of the massive media coverage used to bring them to national attention.

Theme

All the racial narratives have the same underlying theme: black people are constantly oppressed and endangered by white racism, which is a central feature of American life.  This claim is constantly repeated by political agitators, making use of any event that becomes available.

(Actual statistics on violent crime tell a different story: blacks in America assault and murder whites at a far higher rate than the reverse, and the overwhelming majority of violent acts against blacks -- 93% -- are committed by other blacks.  These facts are rarely mentioned by the media.)

Strategy

Social science research offers some useful insights into how people typically make decisions:

Therefore, disinformation campaigns use simple, powerful, negative, emotional arguments that tell a story.  Since people resist changing their minds about emotionally loaded topics, the media campaign has to ramp up quickly, before the facts have a chance to catch up to the narrative.  ::snipping2:: 

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/05/trayvon_and_zimmerman_the_structure_and_elements_of_a_disinformation_campaign.html#ixzz1tvBKRLgB

Interesting. Amazing how quickly folks will believe what the media & civil rights leaders say about this case even though these same leaders have cried racism so many times in the past & the facts prive otherwise. I am far from racist & teach my children that people are all equal. There are bad people from every race, culture & religion just as there are good. Im sorry though, I get so tired of hearing how the white man is opressing the black man & they are still owed something due to slavery & inequality of their ancestors. Racism goes both ways people! all black colleges, groups, foundations, scholarships, etc are ok, but whites doing the same would be racist. Do we have white preachers or leaders stepping into every black on white crime screaming racist crime? The double standards are disgusting & I for one am sick of it. This case should be like any other & be tried in a court. We dont know what happened other than what the media wanting to rev up ratings or sharpron, wanting to rev up hate, want us to think happened.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: May 04, 2012, 11:32:23 PM »

http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

05-04-12   Corrected Notice of Arraignment

------------

From the above--

Date:           May 8, 2012
Time:           1:30 PM
Court Room: 1A
Hearing:       Arraignment
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: May 05, 2012, 08:38:36 AM »

By Scott Swett

Narrative

Theme

Strategy

Interesting. Amazing how quickly folks will believe what the media & civil rights leaders say about this case even though these same leaders have cried racism so many times in the past & the facts prive otherwise. I am far from racist & teach my children that people are all equal. There are bad people from every race, culture & religion just as there are good. Im sorry though, I get so tired of hearing how the white man is opressing the black man & they are still owed something due to slavery & inequality of their ancestors. Racism goes both ways people! all black colleges, groups, foundations, scholarships, etc are ok, but whites doing the same would be racist. Do we have white preachers or leaders stepping into every black on white crime screaming racist crime? The double standards are disgusting & I for one am sick of it. This case should be like any other & be tried in a court. We dont know what happened other than what the media wanting to rev up ratings or sharpron, wanting to rev up hate, want us to think happened.

Totally agree.

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #874 on: May 05, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »

http://espn.go.com/newyork/conversations/_/id/7813432/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-welcomes-family-trayvon-martin-madison-square-garden

http://globalgrind.com/news/trayvon-martins-parents-miami-heat-ny-knicks-dwayne-wade-lebron-james-photos

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #875 on: May 05, 2012, 03:03:34 PM »

Justice For Trayvon has raised $28,956.70 so far.

WHY the hell do his parents need the money???? Their lawyer works for FREE!!!

and they quit thier jobs too.

I guess true justice for thier son = $$$$$

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: May 06, 2012, 12:32:56 AM »

Video at link

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Dershowitz-Trayvon-Martin-fire/2012/05/04/id/438098

Dershowitz: Fire Prosecutor in Trayvon Martin Case
Friday, 04 May 2012 04:49 PM

The special prosecutor in charge of trying Trayvon Martin’s killer should be fired from the case because she has made it clear that her priority is to “get” George Zimmerman, says leading appeals case lawyer Alan Dershowitz in an exclusive Newsmax TV interview.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott should never have appointed Angela Corey to the racially sensitive case in the first place, added the Harvard law professor.

“She has a terrible reputation in Florida for over-charging and being political and holding her finger to the wind and seeing which way the wind is blowing,” said Dershowitz, who has been an outspoken critic of the handling of the case.

And Corey has already made missteps in her handling of Zimmerman’s prosecution, Dershowitz charged.

“This prosecutor says she is here to do justice for Trayvon Martin and that is not the job of a prosecutor. The job of a prosecutor is to do justice period, to let the chips fall where they may, and even to resolve doubts in favor of the defendant.

“Remember, it’s only the defendant who is on trial.”
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: May 06, 2012, 02:55:11 PM »

I don't believe for 1 minute that the parents have only collected this amount of money. Mom was too quick to copyright Trayvon's name within hours/days of her son's death..who in their grief thinks of such a thing? Also, as much as they have been out to rallies and marches where collections are taken up, hard to believe that they have collected under $30,000.  Al Sharpton and  Jessie would not be sticking around if there  was not big bucks and publicity for them...jmo...besides, under $30,000 would not be enough to quit their jobs over IMO..
I don't like these people and I have not from the get go...all just my opinion only...

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #878 on: May 06, 2012, 04:07:40 PM »

I don't believe for 1 minute that the parents have only collected this amount of money. Mom was too quick to copyright Trayvon's name within hours/days of her son's death..who in their grief thinks of such a thing? Also, as much as they have been out to rallies and marches where collections are taken up, hard to believe that they have collected under $30,000.  Al Sharpton and  Jessie would not be sticking around if there  was not big bucks and publicity for them...jmo...besides, under $30,000 would not be enough to quit their jobs over IMO..
I don't like these people and I have not from the get go...all just my opinion only...
G & C Anthony showed the world how to act when a child goes missing or is murdered, and IMO, the Pinellas 12 dignified their actions.....and those of the like mind waste no time jumping onto that wagon.   And, I totally agree with you regarding Sharpton and Jessie. 

I don't blame Trayvon's parents for initially going public....had they not done so, this case would have been closed the night Trayvon died.  There is no reason, other than to reap funds, for them to be going around the country at this time.   jmoo

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #879 on: May 06, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »

It makes me wonder by going around the country and doing these rallies they are trying to taint the jury pool when it comes time for this to really go to trial.

People will be so up in arms about this "innocent" kid getting killed by GZ the big bad man that people will not give GZ a fair trial and sentence him anyways.

IS this what they really want?????

They have people on their  side already, how much more do they need?

It pisses me off as to what they are doing.......

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.