March 28, 2024, 04:06:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390558 times)
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #880 on: May 06, 2012, 04:36:53 PM »

And what evidence so far does the prosecution have against George?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #881 on: May 06, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: May 06, 2012, 04:59:22 PM »

Justice For Trayvon has raised $28,956.70 so far.

WHY the hell do his parents need the money???? Their lawyer works for FREE!!!

and they quit thier jobs too.

I guess true justice for thier son = $$$$$

I don't believe for 1 minute that the parents have only collected this amount of money. Mom was too quick to copyright Trayvon's name within hours/days of her son's death..who in their grief thinks of such a thing? Also, as much as they have been out to rallies and marches where collections are taken up, hard to believe that they have collected under $30,000.  Al Sharpton and  Jessie would not be sticking around if there  was not big bucks and publicity for them...jmo...besides, under $30,000 would not be enough to quit their jobs over IMO..
I don't like these people and I have not from the get go...all just my opinion only...
G & C Anthony showed the world how to act when a child goes missing or is murdered, and IMO, the Pinellas 12 dignified their actions.....and those of the like mind waste no time jumping onto that wagon.   And, I totally agree with you regarding Sharpton and Jessie. 

I don't blame Trayvon's parents for initially going public....had they not done so, this case would have been closed the night Trayvon died.  There is no reason, other than to reap funds, for them to be going around the country at this time.   jmoo

I agree ..I had no issue with the parents bringing this case to the public. Even thought that GZ shot this kid for no reason. Then the more we hear,the more I am sitting back and waiting for all the evidence to come in. I do not like the 'turn' if you will, that the parents have taken. I think that it will go against them in the long pull..I still feel that GZ was more in the wrong from what I know. He should have let LE do their job...but I don't know what actually happened. I do know that Trayvon was not armed that night and GZ was...
Another thought, if the parents have only collected under $30,000 with all the attention they gotten for this case, the high profile people that are fighting their cause with them and GZ has collected over $200,000 from a web site, is the public speaking through their wallets of who they are more supportive of? Just some food for thought.
Personally, I think that the parents have collected a lot of money but they are hiding it for tax purposes and trying to get sympathy funds ....jmo....

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #883 on: May 06, 2012, 05:20:13 PM »

I have a problem with all of this money going to the attorney's office.

AND I have a problem with send ups $500 and we will send you a special poster and shirt and recognition of the donor page.

https://www.wepay.com/donations/3819

To whom it may concern,
Thank you very much for your efforts and donations. We are overwhelmed at this point with all the matters of this case and we have not even had the time to respond to the concerns of this being a scam. These are efforts that are being handled by MediumFour the marketing agency of Parks & Crump. These monies are for the family to cover legal funds and multiple expenses to bring awareness to their case.
Although we are able to donate our services, some things are not given for free and require monies. We have direct contact with Parks & Crump, Global Grind and all other organizations that are helping with this effort. You can again, like Mr. Miller mentioned go to http://parkscrump.com/ or call 850.222.3333. An official letter and statement will be released later from the family but they are extremely overwhelmed with travels, interviews and legal matters. Thank you all for your donations and if you have any further questions, I will try my best to answer them. Also for verification, you will notice all donors of $50 and more will be listed on the site http://justicetm.parkscrump.com/ as stated this is the official site for Justice for Trayvon Martin.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #884 on: May 06, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »

Trayvon Martin Memorial Foundation

DEDICATED TO HELPING AMERICAN TEENAGERS
 ATTAIN THEIR ASPIRATIONS
                                   WITHOIUT REGARD TO RACIAL ETHNICITY                         

HELP US TO HELP OUR TEENAGERS MEET TODAYS CHALLENGES

DRUGS-VIOLENCE-PROFILING

HELP US KEEP THEM IN SCHOOL AND OFF THE STREETS

WITH "THE CHALLENGE"

THE TRAYVON MARTIN MEMORIAL FOUNDATION, INC.
 P.O. BOX 380579
 MIAMI, FL 33138

info@trayvonmartinmemorialfoundation.com
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #885 on: May 06, 2012, 06:07:34 PM »

Walter Sutton, Chairman...Trayvon Martin Memorial Foundation

Walter Sutton

Candidate for

U.S. House, Florida, District 17th
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Democratic

Walter Sutton is a 2012 Democratic candidate seeking election to the U.S. House representing the 17th Congressional District of Florida.
 Elections

See also: Florida's 17th congressional district elections, 2012
Sutton is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Florida's 17th District. Sutton is seeking the nomination on the Democratic ticket.[1] Candidates wishing to run must file by the signature filing deadline of May 7, 2012. The primary elections will be held on August 14, 2012.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Walter_Sutton
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #886 on: May 06, 2012, 06:12:22 PM »

Link to Walter Sutton's Actual Federal Candidate Application...

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/walters-application.jpg
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #887 on: May 06, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »

Trayvon Martin family wraps up Birmingham visit

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT)- The family of slain teen Trayvon Martin wrapped up their tour of Birmingham with a little sight-seeing.  After a fellowship breakfast at their hotel, the family visited the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute.  They had planned a meet-and-greet with 16th Street pastor Reverend Arthur Price, but a baggage mix-up delayed and eventually cancelled the meeting.  The family spoke of the warm reception they've received all over the country, but particularly in Birmingham, the heart of the civil rights movement.  "It was important for us to visit Birmingham, [because] they did honor Trayvon as an honorary citizen of the city of Birmingham.  We felt a debt of gratitude," says his father Tracy Martin.

During their visit, the family raised awareness about conflict resolution, as well as funds for the newly formed Trayvon Martin Foundation.  The next stop for the family: London, because they feel this issue is not limited to the United States.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Trayvon-Martin-family-wraps-up-Birmingham-visit/-d9iWLz6GEWpHc5x0xxPJg.cspx?rss=1659
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #888 on: May 06, 2012, 06:25:28 PM »

Trayvon Martin family wraps up Birmingham visit

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT)- The family of slain teen Trayvon Martin wrapped up their tour of Birmingham with a little sight-seeing.  After a fellowship breakfast at their hotel, the family visited the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute.  They had planned a meet-and-greet with 16th Street pastor Reverend Arthur Price, but a baggage mix-up delayed and eventually cancelled the meeting.  The family spoke of the warm reception they've received all over the country, but particularly in Birmingham, the heart of the civil rights movement.  "It was important for us to visit Birmingham, [because] they did honor Trayvon as an honorary citizen of the city of Birmingham.  We felt a debt of gratitude," says his father Tracy Martin.

During their visit, the family raised awareness about conflict resolution, as well as funds for the newly formed Trayvon Martin Foundation.  The next stop for the family: London, because they feel this issue is not limited to the United States.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Trayvon-Martin-family-wraps-up-Birmingham-visit/-d9iWLz6GEWpHc5x0xxPJg.cspx?rss=1659
Wow!!  A world wide tour must be next. 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #889 on: May 06, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »

These people make me want to puke.....

This is George & Cindy ALL over again.

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #890 on: May 06, 2012, 06:41:59 PM »

I also hope we get some report about the hotel they stayed in.

Who is paying for the trip to London?

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #891 on: May 06, 2012, 07:28:49 PM »

Is dads girlfriend still in the picture? I wonder how the divvy the loot.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #892 on: May 06, 2012, 07:40:26 PM »

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/05/06/update-17-trayvon-martin-shooting-trademarked-exploitation-tour-goes-international-tracy-and-sybrina-jet-to-london-england/

Alagary...according to this site father and girlfriend broke up a few weeks before Trayvon Martin was killed.
Much more info on here along with several earlier threads.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #893 on: May 06, 2012, 08:18:28 PM »

These parents are being used to further a political agenda. Does anyone believe it was their idea to jet off to London? I'm not so sure that they know of even half the fund raising going on on their behalf...nor how many millions have been raised. Time'll tell, I guess.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #894 on: May 07, 2012, 12:15:29 AM »

WENDY J. MURPHY: Racism worries color our view of Trayvon case

This is the conversation we’d be having about George Zimmerman killing Trayvon Martin if people weren’t afraid of being called “racist”:

Should George Zimmerman have been charged with a crime?

If there were no “stand your ground” law in Florida, the answer would be “maybe” because whether Zimmerman acted in self-defense would typically be put to a jury. But “stand your ground” makes self-defense effectively irrelevant because it is not a self-defense rule, it is a doctrine of immunity that explicitly forbids prosecution of a person, even if he or she uses deadly force, so long as there is a reasonable fear of “serious bodily harm” OR if such person is enduring a “felony” that involves the use of “force.”

Some people say “stand your ground” doesn’t apply because Zimmerman didn’t face “serious bodily injury” given that he seemed OK at the police station soon after the incident.

There is some dispute about the seriousness of his injuries, though his attorney provided medical records showing Zimmerman suffered a broken nose, swollen lip and two lacerations to the back of the head.

ABC News ran a photograph of Zimmerman’s head injuries that showed a significant amount of bleeding. Even if reasonable people can disagree on whether these medical facts fit the definition of “serious bodily injury”, Florida’s “stand your ground” law also grants immunity to people who use deadly force to repel a “forcible felony.” In other words, proof of “serious bodily injury” is not required. The crime of assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon, such as a cement sidewalk, is a forcible felony.  ::snipping2:: 

Read more: http://www.patriotledger.com/topstories/x1913639089/WENDY-J-MURPHY-Racist-worries-color-our-view-of-Trayvon-case#ixzz1u9aMIOfG
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #895 on: May 07, 2012, 12:41:04 AM »

These parents are being used to further a political agenda. Does anyone believe it was their idea to jet off to London? I'm not so sure that they know of even half the fund raising going on on their behalf...nor how many millions have been raised. Time'll tell, I guess.

Quoting myself!   Should add..these parents are also being used to make their massive 'team' very wealthy..I think.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: May 07, 2012, 07:35:43 AM »

Quoting myself!   Should add..these parents are also being used to make their massive 'team' very wealthy..I think.

Agreed! It is a shame

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #897 on: May 07, 2012, 09:18:43 AM »

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/05/06/update-17-trayvon-martin-shooting-trademarked-exploitation-tour-goes-international-tracy-and-sybrina-jet-to-london-england/

Alagary...according to this site father and girlfriend broke up a few weeks before Trayvon Martin was killed.
That site looks a tad bit biased.
"Trayvon Martin and his father were in Sanford visiting Tracy Martin’s girlfriend when the 17-year-old, a junior at Miami's Krop Senior High School, was shot by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman,28"
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Trayvon-Martin-Was-Just-a-Cheerful-Person-His-Stepmother-Says-143921646.html
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #898 on: May 07, 2012, 09:25:06 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/22/2762388/trayvon-martins-parents-buy-advertisement.html#disqus_thread

notice the word our defense fund? Gee, I didn't know They were the ones possibly going to trial here.

why the heck do they need a defense fund?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: May 07, 2012, 09:31:12 AM »

That site looks a tad bit biased.
"Trayvon Martin and his father were in Sanford visiting Tracy Martin’s girlfriend when the 17-year-old, a junior at Miami's Krop Senior High School, was shot by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman,28"
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Trayvon-Martin-Was-Just-a-Cheerful-Person-His-Stepmother-Says-143921646.html

So, this stepmom and Mr. Martin recently separated? How long has the girlfriend been on the scene so that Trayvon was staying with her while he was expelled from school? How well did Trayvon know the girlfriend? 
I don't remember hearing anything about the step mom who has certainly been in Trayvon's life for most of it..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.