March 28, 2024, 01:39:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390519 times)
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #940 on: May 09, 2012, 01:24:57 PM »

Trayvon Martin's Father Remembers Special Moments With His 'Best Friend'

ORLANDO | Tracy Martin drives a truck for a living, but his son preferred something with two wheels.

“Trayvon loved riding on the motorcycle with me,” Martin recalls. He had been teaching his son to ride, but while returning home to Miami Gardens, Trayvon asked to test his highway skills for the first time on Florida’s Turnpike.

“He just kept telling me, ’I can drive, I can drive,’“ Martin said.

Though they weren’t far from home, Martin had trepidations. But he decided Trayvon was ready. “I relaxed and let him do his thing. He surprised me.”

It was a proud moment for Martin, Trayvon taking another step toward adulthood. Three weeks later, his son was dead. Martin now clings to those memories.

“It’s moments like that that the public doesn’t know,” said Martin, 45. “Those were the kinds of things that I look back on and I can smile.”

Martin spoke with the Orlando Sentinel last week from Birmingham, Ala., where he; Trayvon’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, 46; and family attorney Benjamin Crump attended a march in the slain teen’s honor.

The couple, who divorced in 1999, are now facing a media firestorm together while also coping with every parent’s worst nightmare: the loss of a child.

Though they split when he was just 4 years old, Trayvon’s parents have been inseparable since his death, making virtually all of their public and media appearances together.

Martin said they remained friends after the divorce, recognizing their son needed both parents. But Trayvon’s shooting death in late February at the hands of an armed neighborhood watch volunteer “has brought us closer,” he said  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.theledger.com/article/20120509/NEWS/120509317/1111/COLUMNISTS0301?Title=Trayvon-Martin-s-Father-Remembers-Special-Moments-With-His-Best-Friend-
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: May 09, 2012, 01:28:02 PM »

Trayvon Martin family prepare to meet mother of murdered teenager Stephen Lawrence [UK}

The family of Trayvon Martin, the 17 year old who was shot and killed as he walked through a gated neighbourhood in Florida, will arrive in Britain this morning.

Trayvon's death has sparked an out-cry across America with Barack Obama saying, "if I had a son he would have looked like Trayvon."
17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot dead in Sanford, Florida on February 26th by 28-year-old George Zimmerman.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-05-09/trayvon-martin-family-prepare-to-meet-mother-of-murdered-teenager-stephen-lawrence/
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #942 on: May 09, 2012, 01:32:30 PM »

Gladys Zimmerman is Lost in the Sea of Mother's Day Wishes for Sybrina Fulton

Sybrina Fulton will celebrate her first Mother’s Day without her son, Trayvon Martin, on May 13th.

To ease her pain, Black Voices, a subsidiary of Huffington Post, is urging folks to show Sybrina some love via a virtual card touting an array of thoughts, prayers and well wishes.

The idea is the brainchild of Angela Davis and is backed by Huffington Post and Davis’ nonprofit agency, Mad Free.

Some of the greetings will be posted on the Huffington Post site and all of the sentiments will be sent to Sybrina. 

If you’d like to wish her a Happy Mother’s Day, you can do so via e-mail at forsybrina@gmail.com, through Twitter at #4sybrina or by Instagram at #4sybrina.

No doubt, it’s a great idea.

But, as the blessings go out, I can’t help but wonder: Who is weeping for Gladys Zimmerman?

As much as we love to hate Zimmerman, we cannot overlook the Afro-Peruvian roots he inherited from his mother and the maternal grandmother that helped rear him.

Truth is, this sistah is hurting, too.

By acknowledging Gladys’ pain, we are not diminishing our support for Sybrina.

As a black female solo parenting  a son, I know how difficult it is to teach our boys how to navigate through a world that does not view them through our lens.

Therefore, my heart goes out to Sybrina - and black women all over this nation - that have lost sons to senseless violence.

But as a mother, my heart still grieves for Gladys.

Based on Zimmerman’s 911 call, I don’t believe his actions were racially motivated.

However, I do believe the fatal shooting of Trayvon on Feb. 26th in Sanford, Fl., could have been avoided had Zimmerman backed off after he reported the teen to the police  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.examiner.com/article/gladys-zimmerman-is-lost-the-sea-of-mother-s-day-wishes-for-sybrina-fulton
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #943 on: May 09, 2012, 01:44:19 PM »

Mothers of Stephen Lawrence and Trayvon Martin to meet in London

Two mothers will meet in London tomorrow.

Two mothers who mourn dead sons. Two teenage boys who were full of a promise when they died at the roadside - one stabbed, the other shot - twenty years, and thousands of miles apart.

Two mothers who will tell you that their boys were killed because of the colour of their skin. Two mothers still waiting for justice to be properly done.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead in Florida three months ago by a neighbourhood watch captain as he made his way home from the corner store.

His parents are coming to the United Kingdom to acknowledge and say thank you for the support they have received from the British public since their son was killed.

Among the messages of sympathy which have been sent to them is a letter from Doreen Lawrence, whose son Stephen was stabbed to death by a racist gang as he made his way home in south east London in 1993.

Mrs Lawrence will welcome Mr and Mrs Martin at the centre in Deptford - which bears her son's name and aims to provide training and education to young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.

She will then take them up to Eltham, to the bus stop where Stephen was attacked, and to the memorial which remembers his short life. What will these people have in common, apart from the dreadful knowledge of what it is like to lose a child?   ::snipping2:: 

Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton didn't have to wait as long to see somebody in court accused of Trayvon's murder, but only after they had seen the main suspect released without charge with a claim that he'd acted in self-defence.

They may also speak of how their boys became national figures, and household names.

About how Stephen's death forced fundamental changes in a legal system in which a police force was found to be 'institutionally racist'.

About how Trayvon's death sparked national protests, and made the President say that if he'd had a son, he would have looked like Trayvon.

And perhaps they will discuss that question which is most uncomfortable for society, both British and American. Had their boys been white, and not black, might their deaths have been investigated differently?

http://www.itv.com/news/2012-05-08/two-mothers-united-by-grief-still-looking-for-justice/
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: May 09, 2012, 02:08:28 PM »

Tracy likes to overlap his women;
  Divorced Sybrina when Travon was 4  ,  "Though they split when he was just 4 years old, Trayvon’s parents have been inseparable since his death, making virtually all of their public and media appearances together."
http://www.theledger.com/article/20120509/NEWS/120509317/1111/COLUMNISTS0301?Title=Trayvon-Martin-s-Father-Remembers-Special-Moments-With-His-Best-Friend-
  Alicia raised him since he was 2  " feel left out on everything. I raised him 15 years, and for them to shut me out, it hurts, it hurts real bad. I don’t look at the news or follow it anymore, it’s just too painful."
http://www.tampabay.com/tb-two/blog/2012/4/25/trayvon-martins-stepmom-he-was-just-good-boy/
Not yet divorced from Alicia but I've seen the new girlfriend called his fiance'

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: May 09, 2012, 02:58:09 PM »

Wow,,have to travel all the way to London to find another mother grieving for a murdered child? Not any here in the United States?   

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #946 on: May 09, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/blogger-ivory-tower-intolerance-of-my-black-studies-criticism-got-me-fired.html

Blogger: ‘Ivory Tower’ Intolerance of My Black Studies Criticism Got Me Fired

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #947 on: May 09, 2012, 03:44:45 PM »

Mother of Trayvon Martin visits Stephen Lawrence memorial

Grey skies stretched over Well Hall Road in Eltham this morning, and rain drizzled off the roof of the bus shelter.

She was a long way from the sunshine of her native Florida, but Sybrina Fulton - the mother of Trayvon Martin - came here to walk side by side with another grieving mother.

Doreen Lawrence showed Sybrina the bus stop where her son Stephen was attacked nearly twenty years ago, and then further up the road the memorial to his short life.

When Doreen explained how difficult she still finds it to come to this place, Sybrina nodded knowingly. The loss of a child is not something a mother gets over, and it is a terrible bond that these women share.

Later, over a cup of coffee, they talked of police failures and racial profiling. There are many similarities between the tragedies that have struck their families.

Their boys were both teenagers when they died. Stephen and Trayvon were full of potential and had big plans for their futures which will never be realised.

But there's one big difference, and that is how the criminal justice systems in their respective countries eventually dealt withthe killing of their sons.

Doreen had to wait nineteen years for just two of the multiple suspects in her son's murder to be brought to justice.

Within two months of Trayvon's murder, after a national outcry and the intervention of President Obama, Sybrina saw the man who killed her son arrested, and now knows that he will face trial.

Both women were forced to campaign for justice for their boys, but for the Martin family, results came much more quickly.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.itv.com/news/2012-05-09/mother-of-trayvon-martin-visits-stephen-lawrence-memorial/
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: May 09, 2012, 03:48:52 PM »

I can imagine Sybrina googling for dead children in Paris and Rome next.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #949 on: May 09, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »

Monkey Devil!   and     
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: May 09, 2012, 03:52:56 PM »

That gave me a giggle. Am I bad?
I just have lost so much respect for her in her actions. I still feel for the loss of her child. She is caught up in a whirlwind imo

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: May 09, 2012, 03:54:23 PM »

Leonard Pitts Jr.: Zimmerman and Martin are merely players in larger drama about skin color

I don't care about George Zimmerman's MySpace page.

Granted, it was gratifying to read recently in The Miami Herald about his crude animus toward Mexicans ("wanna be thugs") and his reference to a former girlfriend as an "ex-hoe." Given the way white supremacists and other Zimmerman supporters have exaggerated and manufactured evidence to paint Zimmerman's unarmed 17-year-old victim, Trayvon Martin, as a thug who somehow deserved shooting, this unflattering portrait offers the same satisfaction one feels any time the goose is basted with sauce that was prepared for the gander.

But ultimately, Zimmerman's online profile is as irrelevant as Trayvon's to any real understanding of the social dynamics that were at play the night the boy was shot to death. Worse, our fixation on this ephemera, the need on the one hand to make Trayvon some dark gangsta straight from Central Casting and on the other to find a Klan hood in the back of Zimmerman's closet, suggests a shallow, even naive, understanding of the role race seems to have played in this tragedy.

The pertinent fact is that Zimmerman found Trayvon suspicious because, as he told the 911 dispatcher, the boy was walking slowly and looking around. That might be the behavior of a boy who was turned around in an unfamiliar neighborhood. Or of a boy enjoying a cell phone conversation with a girl and not overly eager to return to where his sweet nothings might be overheard by his dad.

That no such alternate possibilities seem to have occurred to Zimmerman for even an instant suggests the degree to which we as a people have grown comfortable with the belief that black is crime and crime is black. Nor are African-Americans immune to the effects of that invidious formulation.

Indeed, the dirty little secret of the Martin killing is that Zimmerman could easily have been black. True, a black Zimmerman probably would not have been sent home by prosecutors who declined to press charges — whiteness still has its privileges — but otherwise, yes. It is entirely possible.

Why not? Blacks watch the same TV news as anyone else. We internalize the same message. We drink the same poison.

Why else do you think black folk flinch when the mug shot goes up on television, hoping the face will not be brown — as if we bore some communal responsibility for the suspect's misdeeds? Why else do you think so much of our music is a song of violence and crime? Why else, when I ask an auditorium full of black kids how frequently the individual who murders a white person is black, do they figure it at 75 percent? Why else are they shocked to hear it's only 13?

At some subterranean level, we — African-Americans — still believe the garbage of innate criminality we have so assiduously been fed, and struggle with hating ourselves, as America long ago taught us to do. We struggle with it, yet we know better from firsthand, man-in-the-mirror experience. So how much harder is the struggle for white folks?  ::snipping2::

http://www.postbulletin.com/news/stories/display.php?id=1495947
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #952 on: May 09, 2012, 08:07:21 PM »

Trayvon Martin case spurs young adults' interest in civil-rights groups

Trayvon Martin has boosted the profile of the NAACP and the Urban League among the young black adults both organizations have been trying to attract in recent years. The Martin killing heightened awareness of what the Urban League and the NAACP do, and how it relates to a generation for whom civil rights seems like ancient history

"Since Trayvon, a lot of young people are wanting to come in and talk about the organization," said Kran Riley, president of the Orange Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Central Florida Urban League CEO Allie Braswell said the issues raised by Martin's death resonate with young people: "It caused several new members to get involved because they understood the relevance of the movement."

Efforts to attract younger members began long before the high-profile shooting in Sanford. There has been a nationwide push for several years to recruit young people into the historic civil-rights organizations, Braswell and Riley said.

The national Urban League instituted its Young Professionals chapters in 1999. The Central Florida Urban League Young Professionals chapter started six years ago and now has about 80 members ages 21 to 40.

At a recent meeting, new members stood and introduced themselves: an elementary-school teacher, a college adviser, a political consultant, a Target manager.

Each offered reasons for joining the Young Professionals: networking, community involvement, giving back, moving up. Before the hourlong meeting ended, they were being recruited to participate in the chapter's National Day of Service on Saturday at Walt Disney World, where members will mentor high-school students on careers in science, technology, engineering and math.

All were in their 20s and 30s, a new generation for the century-old civil-rights organization.

"They are critical to our success," Braswell said. "The young people in the Urban League have so much talent to give back to the community."

The Orange Branch of the NAACP also is trying to generate a youth movement among its aging membership, reaching out to black fraternities and sororities and enlisting FAMU law students to screen complaints of discrimination and injustice.

"It's important on the local level that the branch incorporate young people," Riley said. "Young people coming in means the mission of the NAACP won't die off."

But the NAACP branch lacks a group just for young adults, which is what attracted Marcus Alexander to the Urban League. Alexander, who moved to Orlando three years ago, joined the organization to meet other young professionals and feed his need for community involvement.   ::snipping2:: 

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-09/news/os-trayvon-martin-civil-rights-groups-20120509_1_young-people-young-professionals-naacp-branch
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: May 09, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »

Students Raise Awareness of Trayvon Martin Case with Hoodie Protest

Typically, it's against the dress code at Southampton public schools to wear a hood up in classrooms and hallways, but for the past three Fridays and through the end of the school year, several students can be spotted in hoodies — with the school administration's blessing — as an act of protest.

The quiet demonstration is designed to raise awareness of the killing of unarmed African-American teen Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26. Subsequent comments in the media said the hoodie Martin was wearing when he was shot bore as much responsibility for his death as the man who pulled the trigger, George Zimmerman.

“Trayvon Martin was killed because of racial profiling, because of his skin color, and because he was perceived to be suspicious because he had a hoodie on,” said Tavia Jeffries, 13, the North Sea eighth-grader who initiated the awareness campaign, during an interview Friday at Southampton Intermediate School.

“When I saw it on TV, I told my mom I wanted to do something about it,” Jeffries said, adding that she also learned from watching the news that students at schools around the country were wearing hoodies in solidarity.

Her mother, Southampton High School teaching assistant Natasha Jeffries, helped her get the school administration to agree to break with the dress code once a week and allow students to wear hoodies on Fridays.

“We wanted peaceful protest,” Tavia Jeffries said. “We want to make a stand so people know that we care and we know what’s going on.”

According to reports and a 9-1-1 tape, Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain, called police to report a suspicious male in his gated Sanford, Fla., community. The 911 operator instructed Zimmerman not to follow the person, but there was a confrontation that ended with Zimmerman shooting Martin, a 17-year-old visiting family. Zimmerman told police he acted in self defense and he was released, but in April he was charged with second-degree murder.

“It was wrong for [Zimmerman] to take it into his own hands and shoot him,” Jeffries said, adding that she opposes “Stand Your Ground,” the Florida law cited when Zimmerman was not immediately arrested and charged. “You could just shoot them for no reason — I don’t think that’s right.”

Those who joined Jeffries' protest carry cards to show teachers and other students that explains why they are wearing their hoodies and they were given the opportunity to formally address classmates during lunch periods and an English class.

Ricky Brumsey, 17, is taking the protest very seriously. The Southampton Village resident and High School junior said that during the first week he taped photos of Martin to his shirt and carried an iced tea can and bag of Skittles — the items Martin was reportedly carrying when Zimmerman followed him.   ::snipping2:: 

http://justicetm.org/students-raise-awareness-of-trayvon-martin-case-with-hoodie-protest/
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: May 09, 2012, 08:24:08 PM »

If it is against the school dress code, then why is it allowed? 

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: May 09, 2012, 10:29:09 PM »

New Sanford, Fla., police chief aims to ease racial tensions

New Sanford, Fla., police chief aims to ease racial tensions
By Yamiche Alcindor, USA TODAYUpdated 3h 28m ago Comments
Reprints & Permissions
The interim police chief taking over the Florida city force embroiled in controversy from the Trayvon Martin killing told USA TODAY that he wants to improve race relations between his officers and the African-American community.

By Mario Tama, Getty Images
Former Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee stepped down amid strong criticism for his handling of the Feb. 26 shooting of Trayvon Martin. Richard Myers, 58, took over the chief's job on Thursday, replacing Bill Lee, who is on leave amid strong criticism for his handling of the Feb. 26 shooting of Trayvon. The 17-year-old was shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer, George Zimmerman, who prosecutors say racially profiled Trayvon because he was black.

The case has put Sanford, pop. 54,000, and its police force in the national spotlight. Myers says he wants to bring public confidence back.

"It's apparent to me that there is some tension here between the African-American community and the police," said Myers, who has met with officers, City Council members and local community leaders. "I think both the community and people of the police department want to improve that. I'm going to do whatever I can to help facilitate strengthening that connection."

So far, Myers, who anticipates that he'll be briefed on the details of the Trayvon Martin case in the next two weeks, says he's not sure exactly how he'll deal with racial issues.

He says he's leaving some of that up to residents and officers who he says will be key in developing a plan of action.

Myers also plans to look into policies affecting neighborhood watch groups and their relationship with the police department.

"I've never heard of a neighborhood watch program that authorizes people to carry guns," he said. "If you're only being the eyes and ears of the police, why do you need protection
  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-05-09/sanford-florida-police-chief-race-relations-trayvon-zimmerman/54862188/1?csp=34news
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #956 on: May 09, 2012, 10:34:20 PM »

Syanford police chief: Neighborhood watch programs need 'good, hard look'

CNN) -- The man tasked with leading the police department in Sanford, Florida, in the wake of the Trayvon Martin killing said communities should "take a good, hard look at who is selected," for neighborhood watch programs.

But, said Sanford's interim Police Chief Richard Myers, he still supports the programs.

"Neighborhood watch is at work in literally thousands of neighborhoods across the country and with no problems whatsoever," Myers told CNN's Erin Burnett on Tuesday. "I think the problems emerge from who the person is and perhaps there's a cause for communities to take a good, hard look at who is selected or who volunteers.

"Let's not kill the concept because of one bad, really bad outcome."

Myers, a former police chief from Colorado Springs, Colorado, took the post Friday. He said he has plans to help the department that has been under the microscope since the February 26 killing of unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman. Martin was black; Zimmerman is Hispanic.

"I'm here to help the community. There's a lot of healing that has to take place," Myers said. "I'm here to help the department get some stability."

His predecessor, Bill Lee, stepped aside as chief after a vote of no-confidence by city commissioners in April, clearing the way for Myers.  ::snipping2:: 

"One of my major goals is to try and strengthen the relationship that Sanford police have with all elements of the community, especially the African-American community," he said.

"In America today, there still exists a great deal of unresolved tension about race and policing and I have a particular passion for working on those issues and helping to resolve conflict. So whether or not that was a factor in this case, it certainly is a factor in some tension that exists. We're going to work on that."

Myers began his career in the suburbs of Detroit and Chicago before becoming chief of the Appleton, Wisconsin, police department. After that, he took the reins of the Colorado Springs police department in 2007.

Myers resigned that post in 2011. Myers is supposed to spend a three- to five-month stint leading the Sanford department, city officials have said.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/09/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?npt=NP1
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #957 on: May 09, 2012, 10:43:40 PM »

Sanford's Interim PD Chief To Meet With Public

SANFORD, Fla.  — WESH.com

Richard Myers, the new interim Sanford Police Chief, says he will help build a better relationship between the city and its police.

Controversy has surrounded the Sanford Police Department since the Feb 26. shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Myers introduced himself to the public last week, and Wednesday he plans to speak with the public.

Myers said he wants the police department to work with the community to "heal the wounds that have been untreated."

"We have a chance to bring comfort to the families most impacted by the example we set in showing mutual respect and increasing humanity," Myers said.

Myers said he will focus on building a healthy police department. He said his interim position isn't about his own vision, but about doing what works best for the department and the city of Sanford.

"I'm here to help the hardworking men and women of the Sanford police department to accomplish their duties ... To be a mentor and teacher and when necessary, make a little course adjustment," Myers said.

A local activist said he hopes to meet with Myers soon.

"A few rats have been kept there and allowed to get away with their shenanigans, and it's reflected on the whole damn department," Oscar Redden said. "That's what I mean."  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47351239/ns/local_news-orlando_fl/t/sanfords-interim-pd-chief-meet-public/

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #958 on: May 09, 2012, 10:51:57 PM »

George Zimmerman vs. Casey Anthony

Both George Zimmerman and Casey Anthony have received national media attention for their cases. Both cases are similar and yet they have their differences.

Similarities:

Both charged with murder

Both alleged crimes happened in central Florida

Both did not have witnesses that actually saw what happened

Both high profile cases

Alleged victim was a minor

Most people do not like them

Both are seen as liars

Anthony’s case took 3 years to be brought to trial. Zimmerman’s case may take a long time as well since his defense lawyer has waived his right to a speedy trial.

Differences:

Casey Anthony vs. George Zimmerman: No one knows what happened except that the victim has passed, but with George Zimmerman, everyone knows that Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by him. We just don’t know if it was self defense or not.

No real type of evidence in the Anthony case more than speculation. In the Zimmerman case there is some type of evidence of murder vs. self defense based on audio recordings.

Zimmerman’s bond was lower than Anthony’s

Anthony spent three years in country jail while Zimmerman only spent a little over a week in jail.

Zimmerman has many supporters, Anthony did not.

Despite being acquitted, Anthony is nationally seen as being just a bad mom whether she actually killed her daughter or not.

Zimmerman can be seen in two ways. He can be seen as a hero who was defending himself and protecting his neighborhood. He can be seen as trying to do the right thing since the recent burglaries in his area. He can also be seen as a cold blooded killer who just could not mind his own business; example, he got on the phone with 911 because he saw an unfamiliar African American male in his upscale neighborhood. He still pursued Trayvon despite being told not to. Instead of staying in his own home, he shot and killed an unarmed teenager who was carrying iced tea and skittles.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.examiner.com/article/george-zimmerman-vs-casey-anthony
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #959 on: May 09, 2012, 11:02:25 PM »

Zimmerman's Lawsuit Against Al Sharpton, NBC, and the Martin Family Attorneys

.In a twist not even the best fiction writers could have seen coming, the Trayvon Martin case, instigated by a couple of sheister attorneys looking to make money from a tragedy, will reportedly end with George Zimmerman recovering legal damages from Al Sharpton, NBC, and the Trayvon Martin family attorneys, Daryl Parks and Benjamin Crump.

The first claim is likely to be intentional infliction of emotional distress (IIED). To be successful, Zimmerman will have to show that conduct of Al Sharpton and NBC was so extreme and outrageous that it transcended all bounds of decency; that they acted with either the purpose to cause Zimmerman extreme emotional distress or acted with reckless disregard for Zimmerman's emotional well being, and that Al Sharpton and NBC caused him identifiable emotional damage. Here, Al Sharpton publically claimed that Trayvon Martin was murdered and that George Zimmerman should be arrested for the crime. The ensuing civil unrest and threats of racial violence caused Zimmerman to go into hiding. There is no doubt that crying racism and murder to a group of self-radicalized Black militants is beyond all bounds of decency. Any White peron accused of killing an unarmed Black child because of racism would be terrified of the mob's reaction. If Zimmerman has been treated by a physician for any kind of emotional trauma caused by Sharpton linking him to a murder that never occured, Sharpton's going to be held responsible.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.examiner.com/article/zimmerman-s-lawsuit-against-al-sharpton-nbc-and-the-martin-family-attorneys?cid=PROD-redesign-right-next
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.