March 18, 2024, 07:45:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #31 3/25/12 - 5/20/13  (Read 1443480 times)
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2620 on: November 03, 2012, 09:18:07 AM »

JSM and I are going tomorrow to take our CHL test.  I believe mushroom head is joining us.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070701204816AApHrhe

I thought Texas as liberal with guns.....Here you fill out an application, pay $ 23.00 and they give you your concealed licence. No test, just 2 personal references that they never called.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2621 on: November 03, 2012, 10:20:37 AM »

JSM and I are going tomorrow to take our CHL test.  I believe mushroom head is joining us.

Now that is a true bonding experience!   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2622 on: November 03, 2012, 11:39:48 AM »

Need some good thoughts for Brandi.

She has a golf ball-sized lump on her face that started as a small bump a week ago. Got big really fast! It is not painful at all, she lets me pet her face on the lump and it's obvious it does not bother her. Took her to the vet this morning, and they found a molar right by the lump which is broken and abscessed and we are hoping that has caused this lump. She was put on an antibiotic, Clavamox and has an appointment for Thursday to see if she has responded to the antibiotic. Pray she has!

The other thing the vet said it could be is cancer. (I was surprised to hear that a cancerous lump could form that fast!)

They also did bloodwork and the vet was really impressed that everything looks so good. Brandi is almost 13 and her bloodwork was amazing for a dog her age, she said. She really was happy. LOL

So please pray that the antibiotic works and it is just an infection. If that's the case, they will remove the tooth and clean up the infection. The bloodwork reflects positively her ability to undergo anesthesia.

Really need those good thoughts for her please!

an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2623 on: November 03, 2012, 11:57:38 AM »

I thought Texas as liberal with guns.....Here you fill out an application, pay $ 23.00 and they give you your concealed licence. No test, just 2 personal references that they never called.

Texas is "liberal with guns" compared to some states, but they do have regulations and laws.   
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/index.htm
Concealed Handgun Licensing Program

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/CHL/faqs/index.htm
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about
Texas Concealed Handguns

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2624 on: November 03, 2012, 01:14:25 PM »

She has a golf ball-sized lump on her face that started as a small bump a week ago. Got big really fast! It is not painful at all, she lets me pet her face on the lump and it's obvious it does not bother her. Took her to the vet this morning, and they found a molar right by the lump which is broken and abscessed and we are hoping that has caused this lump. She was put on an antibiotic, Clavamox and has an appointment for Thursday to see if she has responded to the antibiotic. Pray she has!

The other thing the vet said it could be is cancer. (I was surprised to hear that a cancerous lump could form that fast!)

They also did bloodwork and the vet was really impressed that everything looks so good. Brandi is almost 13 and her bloodwork was amazing for a dog her age, she said. She really was happy. LOL

So please pray that the antibiotic works and it is just an infection. If that's the case, they will remove the tooth and clean up the infection. The bloodwork reflects positively her ability to undergo anesthesia.

an angelic monkey

Many good thoughts coming your way Brandi,  Poor baby.  Hoping its just an absess and she gets it pulled quickly.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2625 on: November 03, 2012, 01:18:22 PM »

an angelic monkey

Prayers and positive thoughts headed your way Brandi for your Brandi. Hope it's just a bad tooth that has gotten infected and her antibiotics work. Your a good mommy to her.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2626 on: November 03, 2012, 01:31:22 PM »

Brandi

Little Brandi is in my prayers. an angelic monkey

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2627 on: November 03, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »

an angelic monkey

Sending prayers out for your doggie.  It's so worrisome when our fur babies aren't well.  That's really good news Brandi's blood work is good and I hope you get equally good news on Thursday the antibiotics are working.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2628 on: November 03, 2012, 02:48:44 PM »

Man Oh Man Seahorse  Haven't thought about that show in for ever. I guess us oldies but goodies remember Queen for a day. The youngins wont have a clue.

How you doing?

Continued Prayers for all of the Monkeys in need. And for all those still trying to put their lives back together after Sandy.

Green Eyes

I am fine, Thank-you, very much, for asking Smile  I am so happy the monkeys survived this pain in posterior storm. 

Yes! We all loved Queen for the Day! I see Ruby(the dog) watched the show too, LOL.

Do your remember "Beat The Clock"?  Silly and fun, loved the show.

I used your great idea of the frozen water -zipper bag on my knuckle it was B&B. I did not need them for the storm, (the frozen water-bag)still came in handy.  Thank-you, Green Eyes and to all the monkey,s for such thoughtful, and needed tips, ideas, and fun.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2629 on: November 03, 2012, 03:16:28 PM »

Hi JSM, Casually Cool, & Monkeys,

Sorry, I did not include a Link to  "Beat the Clock".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=godnlKr5C84&feature=related

Theme: Beat the Clock (1950-1961, 1969-1974, 1979-1980)

Published on Aug 24, 2011 by floridawhammy

Hosted by Bud Collyer (1950-61), Jack Narz (1969-72), Gene Wood (1972-74), and Monty Hall (1979-80). ::snipping2::

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off Topic   

Ruby, is very Jazzy. 
 Love the Tiara, Brandi, 
 Women always looked so jazzy in the old days, sniff, sniff, I miss the beauty of yesterday.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2630 on: November 03, 2012, 06:24:47 PM »

an angelic monkey

Absolutely -- will be praying for her!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #2631 on: November 03, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »

an angelic monkey

Saying a prayer for her! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2632 on: November 03, 2012, 08:48:22 PM »

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers!

I did a little web research and it looks a lot (to me) like her problem is the abscess. She is tolerating the antibiotics just fine, and has been acting as sweet and happy as normal, so that's good.

I'll keep you all posted on her progress.

Again, I really appreciate all of you!

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #2633 on: November 03, 2012, 09:04:17 PM »

Prayers to all monkeys in need.   an angelic monkey

Brandi, sorry about fur baby Brandi.  JSM will be on after dinner to give her thoughts.

JSM and I both passed our tests for the TX CHL.  Spent a bit over 8 hours in classroom and on the range, taught by a retired Irving cop.  Learned quite a bit.  The guy next to me on the shooting test and some problems.  He started out by trying to load the ammo into his mag backwards.  Then for our 1st set of shots from only 3 yards, he missed the target on 8 shots out of 20.  JSM almost didn;t pass the shooting test cause the guy to her left was shooting a .45 and the spent cartridges kept hitting her in the head and throwing her aim off.  Them there was another lady wearing a low cut blouse who started screaming, "Hot. Hot. Hot", as a spent cartridge went dowm her blouse - mighty fine tatoo. 

All in a days work.

Do No Evil 
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2634 on: November 03, 2012, 09:28:54 PM »

an angelic monkey

Prayers and good thoughts for both of you. My guess would be the infection since it happened so fast.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #2635 on: November 03, 2012, 09:35:44 PM »

I had to get up this morning at 6 am, drive an hour then took our class. I am so tired.

Brandi, I pray for Brandi to be okay. I am behind but my prayers with are all of you. I will post tomorrow.

PS I passed, but BARELY.... I am right handed, but left eyed dominant  I am going to watch Rudy and go to bed. Prayers for you all. See you tomorrow after Mass.  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2636 on: November 04, 2012, 06:45:49 AM »

Good morning,
Brandi, so glad the Brandi girl is tolerating the meds well.  Will say a prayer again for her in church today.
JSM, glad you passed.
Maybe today I can bring everyone up to date on the conditions in the little house.  Met with the flood insurance adjuster yesterday.
Blessings.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2637 on: November 04, 2012, 06:46:31 PM »

Brandi...any updates on Brandy girl? 
It is probably related to her abscessed tooth..
prayers coming her way

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2638 on: November 04, 2012, 07:20:36 PM »

Brandi...any updates on Brandy girl? 
It is probably related to her abscessed tooth..
prayers coming her way

After a little more than 24 hours on antibiotics, her face lump is going down!!!

So that means it is related to the tooth abscess!

We are so happy. Can't wait til the morning. I am guessing it will look even better then.

She goes back to the vet on Thursday to be evaluated and I bet they schedule the surgery to be done soon after that. They will remove the 4th Upper Premolar Tooth (carnassial tooth) that is split and infected, and clean up the infection as best they can. Bless her little heart!

Thanks for asking!

How's Molly doing? Not darting out the door any more?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2639 on: November 05, 2012, 10:18:48 AM »

So glad that Brandy is doing well with the meds. Getting that tooth pulled will make her feel so much better!

Molly is doing well. 10 months old today. She is a wild woman but such a sweet girl. She and Benji are getting boarded all this week cause I am headed to the condo with some girlfriends for the week tomorrow. Then we leave for our family cruise next week so they will be boarded again. Sigh.. At least they like where they go and all that. Wish I knew someone who could watch them at our house

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.