March 18, 2024, 10:57:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #31 3/25/12 - 5/20/13  (Read 1443566 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #3500 on: March 14, 2013, 07:24:21 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JSM     Hope you have a Grand Day

I second that!   
I third that!   

I fourth that!

I fifth that!  I wish you lots of good hugs, and love, crazy love. Smile
  Hugs and love to you Seahorse. Thank you so much for the wishes.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3501 on: March 14, 2013, 07:42:43 PM »

Thank you Brandi!!! 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3502 on: March 14, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »

Hello all?!?!   BWAhahahahhaha.

Pics of pup please Sister.      Anyone in the rafters?      

CC, did JSM see all of our birthday greetings yesterday? Is she feeling better? Did she have a good birthday?

Sister's avatar is a picture of "the pup" Belle on the way from Alabama to her home!

I have a few more of Belle that I can post if Sister approves.

an angelic monkey I just saw them Brandi!! I stayed home from work yesterday and slept until around 11:30. The doctor told me I did too much the week after surgery. I didn't think so, but I could NOT get up out of bed yesterday. Took Patton outside, came back and BOOM we had a Pope. Went to bed shortly after that.  Thanks for all your birthday wishes. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3503 on: March 14, 2013, 07:47:18 PM »

Put together a little Escape theme:

As you can see, she has beautiful coloring! Sister, you are a lucky lady!

These below are on different legs of her trip to Sister's house:

Oh my Brandi!!! Such a good job you did

SISTER, she is beautimous!!!!!!!!!! She is blessed to have you for a mama and I am SO happy you found each other. God bless the transporters that got her to you.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3504 on: March 14, 2013, 07:47:45 PM »

Thank you Brandi.
I'm just into some good old fashioned loving.

an angelic monkey

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3505 on: March 14, 2013, 07:54:57 PM »

Hope you all are doing well. I am so wore out, I can't wake up in the morning. Doctor says it is normal from the antibiotics. Never would have thought that. Thought is was pain pills which I havent touched since Sunday.

Just wanted to thank you for ALL your prayers. It means a lot to me.

PS!!! NEVER EVERY ASK A DOG THAT ISN'T YOURS FOR A KISS, NO MATTER HOW LONG YOU HAVE KNOWN THE DOG.

That is my public service announcement for the evening.

Time to go use the horrible mouthwash, use my face cream and massage my lip.

The dog, Axel sent me a video saying he was sorry  He knows he is in trouble but doesn't know why. Thankfully he had his shots, I got to the hospital in 3 minutes and he has never ever bitten anyone. I don't know what I would do if they had to take him away. I have known him since he was 8 weeks old.

Have a great night. I'm cooking tonight  Chinese food should be here in about 40 minutes.

Love Hugs and Prayers!!!

JSM, Patton, CC and ruby  an angelic monkey

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3506 on: March 14, 2013, 10:21:30 PM »

I am sure Axel is so sorry.  Glad he was up-to-date on his shots.
The dinner sounds yummy!  You can cook for me anytime.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3507 on: March 16, 2013, 10:50:35 PM »

I think pictures of Belle have left all the monkeys speechless, Sister!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3508 on: March 17, 2013, 06:09:19 AM »

You may be right Brandi.
Later today I will post about how protective Belle is . . . maybe a little too much.  She bit someone she knew who tried to come in my bedroom while I was sleeping.  No broken skin thank goodness.  Yipes! this is not good.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3509 on: March 17, 2013, 08:52:32 AM »

Sister sorry about the bite attempt by Belle. You may need to take her to obedience classes . My big guys are extremely protective and place themselves between me and any perceived danger. They don't attack but they wouldn't allow you near me without my permission. This isn't a problem because no one but Walt stays over and they know he is not a threat. Remember my guys were senior rescues that had been abused and  they have issues with men in particular. Just have patience and give her time.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3510 on: March 17, 2013, 12:40:49 PM »

You may be right Brandi.
Later today I will post about how protective Belle is . . . maybe a little too much.  She bit someone she knew who tried to come in my bedroom while I was sleeping.  No broken skin thank goodness.  Yipes! this is not good.

I am so sorry to hear about this behavior in Belle, Sister. I agree with 4 Donks that obedience training is in order.

I did some quick research on GSD and biting, and came across this page. The comments are interesting too.
http://www.rileysplace.org/dogblog/understanding-dog-bite-behavior-or-dont-blame-the-dog-when-it-bites/

It's a bit more challenging with a rescue, since the history of the dog's past is unknown.

I have high hopes that obedience training will do wonders for you and Belle.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3511 on: March 17, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »

4Donks and Brandi,
Thank you for your thoughts.  Number one, I think I need to exercise Belle more.  Second, after Easter, I am taking her to obedience classes.  She is very protective, which I like, but I don't want her to be aggressive unless the circumstances warrant it.  I do pity the fool who would ever come in my bedroom without my permission.
I am enjoying her so much and am glad I waited until now to get a dog.
Brandi, the article was very informative.  I printed it out.
We may get some snow flurries today . . . personally I hope not.
Blessings.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3512 on: March 17, 2013, 08:25:47 PM »

Sister....belle is so pretty!

I hope that the biting does not happen again. Maybe it is a fluke thing. Xoxoxo

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3513 on: March 18, 2013, 08:33:45 AM »

Thank you cookie.  It is unfortunate I don't know Belle's background, as she was a stray.  But I am sure we can work this out.  I need to speak better dog language.

Good morning everyone.
It is snowing here.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3514 on: March 18, 2013, 08:42:47 AM »

Thank you cookie.  It is unfortunate I don't know Belle's background, as she was a stray.  But I am sure we can work this out.  I need to speak better dog language.

Good morning everyone.
It is snowing here.

Good Morning, Sister!

Yikes - snow??

Cadillac is a biter - and we have had her since a small pup.  I know biting is wrong but the times she has actually bitten has been because a human did something to her.  Pulled her from behind, pulled her collar or touched a sore spot on her body.

She would not JUST go up and bite someone.  We have no small children to come around often, but we know her boundaries and try our best to encourage guests not to threaten her.  That may sound not like the best attitude but it works for our family.  We love her and she is a lot of fun.  I imagine if she had gone to the wrong house, she is one that would have been euthanized.

You and Belle will get to know each other.  I always tell new people that visit that I have a dog that will sniff you.  If you just leave her alone, she will leave you alone.

Hope you and Belle have a great week -

Argh, I am supposed to visit with my parents this weekend and have come down with a bug.  Must get better by Friday, or won't the able to go.  I wouldn't want to share this bug with them.

Chubbie and the Criminal
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #3515 on: March 18, 2013, 04:27:06 PM »

You may be right Brandi.

Hi Sister,

Belle is a beauty!

She may be a "one man dog"! 

Have you thought about buying a soft, nylon muzzle? until she settles-in.

My dog took about a year to get use his environment, he came from a shelter.
I was extremely patient, because, he nipped in the beginning, too, he was the best watch dog.  He passed on to (I hope) Doggie Heaven.  He lived a good life because of my great patience.

Can you excercise, Belle, in the house?  I use to play hide and seek with the dog, it helped
to get the excess energy out of him. A good daily walk is really the best, I used to carry pepper spray, dog biscuits, along, sometimes, with a water pistol, just in case of a unwanted surprise. I also carried rawhide to throw, it worked when a pit bull dog approached, tosssed the rawhide, I think it had liver filling, in the rawhide.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #3516 on: March 18, 2013, 07:47:19 PM »

Hope you all are doing well. I am so wore out, I can't wake up in the morning. Doctor says it is normal from the antibiotics. Never would have thought that. Thought is was pain pills which I havent touched since Sunday.

Just wanted to thank you for ALL your prayers. It means a lot to me.

PS!!! NEVER EVERY ASK A DOG THAT ISN'T YOURS FOR A KISS, NO MATTER HOW LONG YOU HAVE KNOWN THE DOG.

That is my public service announcement for the evening.

Time to go use the horrible mouthwash, use my face cream and massage my lip.

The dog, Axel sent me a video saying he was sorry  He knows he is in trouble but doesn't know why. Thankfully he had his shots, I got to the hospital in 3 minutes and he has never ever bitten anyone. I don't know what I would do if they had to take him away. I have known him since he was 8 weeks old.

Have a great night. I'm cooking tonight  Chinese food should be here in about 40 minutes.

Love Hugs and Prayers!!!

JSM, Patton, CC and ruby  an angelic monkey

JSM,

Glad you are A-OK!

I used to ask the neighbors dog for a kisses, who I knew, too, since he was a puppy,
one day he growled, and I did not understand, until, the owner said he just got up from a nap.

More prayers for you and your wonderful heart. I will say a prayer for Axel, too.

Thank-you, for the hugs. Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3517 on: March 18, 2013, 11:09:31 PM »

speaking of meds lol...
I had a colonoscopy on friday...they gave me some drugs and I do not remember a thing! the nurse said, I am going to put such and such in your iv....that is all I remember!!!! I have never been put out or drugged before so I had no idea what to expect..
hubs said that as soon as I came to, I said, do I have my lipstick on? sooooo funny...THat is totally me but I don't remember it!

LOL cookie!

Good for you getting a colonoscopy.

...and I assume it was good you got those drugs for it!

all was good..
the night before is the absolute worst! not looking forward to doing that again in 3 yrs. but I will do what I have to do to keep healthy...a close friend of mine had/has colon cancer and she has been through hell. if she had gotten the testing sooner, she would not have had to go through all that she has been through...she encouraged me to go for the colonoscopy. glad that I did...

I have to have one every 10 years.  Why three?

I have been keeping up on Lumpy's tree and Bumpy's lips.  It looks so much worse here than on the phone, CC.  Good grief, JSM.  I am glad I didn't see it clearly with my Mom in the hospital, my blood pressure was high enough.  They have just added the 5th blood pressure medicine and cannot get the darn thing down, please say some prayers, there are lots of people depending on me. 

My Mom was in the hospital for a week, then had some virus the next week, and now has a cold.  Cubby has been acting up and is giving me a really hard time about school.  He does not like what he does.  His teachers met with me on Friday because they feel he is doing a great job.  He is employee of the month and has been twice, out of a whole class of students.  They feel he is employable after only a semester of learning, the others have had 2.  It is a three year program and it is a typical class in landscaping.  But what good is all of this if he is moaning and groaning all day and night at home?  He had stopped eating, but someone stood him up also at the time.  He says he wants to be homeless rather than stay in that program. 

I took him in town (we were going for a play).  He gives this homeless man and his animal money each time we are there.  I told him he could stay there for the night.  He chose to come home with me.  Please don't think I was scaring him, I just gently suggested it (knowing he would not do it) just to show him I am taking him seriously.  I think you had to be there to see it was a natural progression at the time.  He still keeps telling me he would rather be homeless.  I think we will be spending the night at a homeless shelter. 

At school, they cannot say enough good about him.  They were shocked when they saw how he treated me at the meeting on Friday.  They saw how he will not get upset with them, but takes everything he is upset about out on me.  Sort of like the man who comes home from work where everyone loves him and he kicks the dog.  (He is not physical).  He keeps asking if he is treating me like my Mom treats me.  That is his goal.  He told the teachers he needs to keep me in line.  They went nuts.  They switched meds around on him and I am hoping this is part of the problem.

This is the craziest story.  My stomach is bad so they said no raw fruits of veggies.  My son cannot eat meat, one reason is because he gave it up when he was 2, (I think our bodies try to tell us things, and his probably was telling him his iron level was too high even without meat, good thing his body rejected it, so I don't usually eat meat.  I had a blood test a while ago that said my calcium level was too high, so they told me to quit dairy, all that was left was carbs and fats.  I chose carbs.  Well, now my triglycerides are too high, so they told me to cut out carbs.  I guess I will have to eat nuts (fats), then I suppose my cholesterol will go too high, so I have already started back on the raw fruits and veggies.  Good grief, what a circle!

You are all in my prayers.  I still cannot believe what a miracle that surgeon performed on JSM.  Maybe I could get a total makeover!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3518 on: March 18, 2013, 11:10:51 PM »

speaking of meds lol...
I had a colonoscopy on friday...they gave me some drugs and I do not remember a thing! the nurse said, I am going to put such and such in your iv....that is all I remember!!!! I have never been put out or drugged before so I had no idea what to expect..
hubs said that as soon as I came to, I said, do I have my lipstick on? sooooo funny...THat is totally me but I don't remember it!

LOL cookie!

Good for you getting a colonoscopy.

...and I assume it was good you got those drugs for it!

all was good..
the night before is the absolute worst! not looking forward to doing that again in 3 yrs. but I will do what I have to do to keep healthy...a close friend of mine had/has colon cancer and she has been through hell. if she had gotten the testing sooner, she would not have had to go through all that she has been through...she encouraged me to go for the colonoscopy. glad that I did...

Oh God, Cookie, that is terrible news about your friend.  She is in my prayers.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3519 on: March 18, 2013, 11:13:13 PM »

JSM and her dad - our wedding day 2 years 3 mo the ago.

Hey, I know those people, that's good ole what's her name and Papa!

Yep, I remember that day when I found a monkey on the beach. 

I found 2 Monkeys on the beach!

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.