March 19, 2024, 12:47:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #31 3/25/12 - 5/20/13  (Read 1443602 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: May 05, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »

Cookie, where are you?  How is Molly Mocha making out now?
She is so beautiful but I bet she has grown a lot since the last pictures (hint! hint!).

Hi honey!  Molly is doing better..still very active but that is gonna be her personality. I have her in doggie day care a few days a week started last week. She went one day and was so mellow when she got home. Hubs said to take her a couple of days a week..will help her to learn to be with other dogs and all that...she loved it...me too!

Hoping everyone is doing good. Reading the posts to catch up...
Busy busy busy lives huh?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: May 05, 2012, 08:39:56 PM »

Good luck CC on the job ...sounds promising.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: May 05, 2012, 11:40:38 PM »

I am glad you called it off.  They were disrespecting you, their wedding vows and God in the process.  I don't want to say any more right now, what they were doing to you makes me angry.  How could they think so much of themselves and so little of you and the ceremony during which they were going to commit themselves to each other?

Bearly, I know you felt my pain.  As I have reflected on it, what keeps coming to my mind is God is not to be mocked and they were making a mockery of Him and me, His humble servant.  I wish them the best but there is no way I can see this marriage lasting.  They will soon learn the universe does not revolve around them. 

How did you know I could feel it?  That's why I couldn't say any more.  I don't like people disrespecting those I care about, especially those who go out of their way to help those in need.  It takes a lot to give of yourself.  There is a point where you give of yourself and get something back from it in the process.  Then there comes a point where you are giving too much of yourself in the process, and then you are not you any more, and that's where that was heading.  You don't want to lose yourself in the process of giving to others, especially when doing so cuts into your belief system.  I think you would have felt badly about the whole thing if you had gone through with the ceremony because you were giving them something that was not yours to give.  I hope that makes sense, I am having a difficult time trying to find the right words. 

I don't want anyone to cheapen you in the process, you come at a 'price' and that price is not money, but ritual, commitment, example, teaching, preparation, and being a part of a ceremony that carries love and an act of committing two people to a life with each other.  They had other priorities, they are not yet committed to each other, hopefully one day it will happen.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #803 on: May 06, 2012, 12:00:59 AM »

Bearly,

Happy night dreams everyone!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: May 06, 2012, 12:08:40 AM »

Now, to change the subject, I sold $87 of Connie's costume jewelry today at our bazaar.  She will be thrilled.  I can hear her turning the pages of her catologes even as I type.  This money was earmarked for her "fun" money and not some darn old bill.

How fun!  I hope you had a good time selling it.  Did you take any pictures to show us?  I would love to come and visit one day.  I would love to meet all the people and see all the places that have come alive for me through your writing.  God bless you for doing that for her.

Today I had a wedding shower to go to.  I went to high school with her mother and we have been friends since.  I am the Godmother of the Sister of the 'girl' who is getting married.  I remember being in her Mom's wedding and planning the shower.  Where did the time go?  The last 18 years since my Son was born has been a blur.  The girls did an excellent job.  It was wonderful to be a part of a day where family is so important to each other and so very close to me too, close enough that her girls call me Aunt.  My friend has 3 girls and they all worked very hard along with her friends and his 2 nieces.  I can't wait for the wedding.  I hope it lasts forever, they are such a lovely and fun couple.

Last night, my Son and I, along with another friend since high school and her husband (I was in their wedding, too), went to see a friend I have known since high school and his wife in a play.  I was thinking of you, CC, it is a play about a group of people watching a Chicago Cubs game.  It is set in Wrigley Field and called "Bleacher Bums."  We had such a nice time.  I was given 4 complimentary tickets.  I haven't known his wife long, they have not been married that long, but we have become fast friends.  I enjoy her company. 

We are both passionate about our beliefs, even though we do not believe the same things.  I told her that I hoped we could be friends even though we see things differently.  She says I don't require my friends to believe the same things I do, my only requirement is that they put up with me.  Since my son loves plays, they know him, too.  He enjoys knowing them and has a respect for their craft.  He always has something to say when they are done.  My son told Bob, he was neutral.  When I asked what that meant, he said he can portray both good guys and bad guys well, he is convincing no matter what he does.  My friend said that is about the best compliment an actor can receive--to be neutral.  My friend who sat next to him (She works in the attendance office at my Son's school) was saying how attentive he was and how he was concentrating so hard to understand what was going on in the play.  I am glad I started him very young in the theater, it is a wonderful way to have things come up which we can discuss, then it is abstract and a great starting point for conversations that don't include either him or his friends directly.  This time, our talk was about gambling.  He said he does not understand how people can bet on a baseball game.  I asked him what he meant.  He said, by the time you pay for the tickets, parking, and food, there is no money left to bet with.

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #805 on: May 06, 2012, 12:12:21 AM »

Sister,

Hope you have a peaceful night &  your Sunday goes well.  Please don't worry about the couple that wanted you to marry them. Life is to short to worry about the small things. You have your mom, Connie a George to worry about.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #806 on: May 06, 2012, 03:19:40 PM »

My favorite (so far) picture of last night's "Super Moon." This one is in Phoenix. It was cloudy and rainy here last night, so we did not get the opportunity to see it.

4 Donks and CC, thanks for thinking of my son. He is doing much better. No pain attacks for a few weeks! So I am really convinced it was a kidney stone that the hospital missed diagnosing. Now, to worry about the ER bill, which we have not yet even received! Will have to call them and ask about it. Don't want it to go to collections when we have never even received it.

It's always something, huh?

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. Weather here is quite nice.

Oh, JSM: I left you a post in my thread a few days ago.

Trimm, so glad to have you back. Just wish you could type more Wink But is great to have you back!

Big hellos to Green Eyes, Sister, cookie, TBM, Babs, Bearly and Can as well. (And to all the monkeys regularly posting here.)

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #807 on: May 06, 2012, 04:03:11 PM »

My favorite (so far) picture of last night's "Super Moon." This one is in Phoenix. It was cloudy and rainy here last night, so we did not get the opportunity to see it.

4 Donks and CC, thanks for thinking of my son. He is doing much better. No pain attacks for a few weeks! So I am really convinced it was a kidney stone that the hospital missed diagnosing. Now, to worry about the ER bill, which we have not yet even received! Will have to call them and ask about it. Don't want it to go to collections when we have never even received it.

It's always something, huh?

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. Weather here is quite nice.

Oh, JSM: I left you a post in my thread a few days ago.

Trimm, so glad to have you back. Just wish you could type more Wink But is great to have you back!

Big hellos to Green Eyes, Sister, cookie, TBM, Babs, Bearly and Can as well. (And to all the monkeys regularly posting here.)
Hi Brandi, we had the same problem here in seeing the moon.  GE and I were on the phone and we each walked out to take a look....nothing but a small grey blur among the clouds, dang it.

Again want to thankyou for my kitties avi, so enjoy each time I come onto SM seeing their darling faces.  We had Sunny neutered a couple of weeks ago and he's still mad at me.  Guess will be awhile till I see the "hello mommy, silly smiles" from him but he is too precious to let him turn into an ol tomcat!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: May 06, 2012, 06:08:47 PM »

Hi Brandi, we had the same problem here in seeing the moon.  GE and I were on the phone and we each walked out to take a look....nothing but a small grey blur among the clouds, dang it.

Again want to thankyou for my kitties avi, so enjoy each time I come onto SM seeing their darling faces.  We had Sunny neutered a couple of weeks ago and he's still mad at me.  Guess will be awhile till I see the "hello mommy, silly smiles" from him but he is too precious to let him turn into an ol tomcat!

Hey Babs!

So nice of you to mention your avatar. I really enjoy designing them. It makes me happy that yours gives you pleasure!

I laughed about Sonny shunning you, you got to admit, it's amusing. Wink

Speaking of pets, I just took some pictures of Brandi today while husband was weed-wacking. You can see the cord to the weed wacker in some of the pictures.

Brandi is having some health issues, has lost quite a bit of weight, and in spite of getting regular FrontLine flea applications, has become host to some fleas. Vet says she is super sensitive to them. She has been licking and scratching so much, she has made some bald spots. Poor baby. We are doing all we can for her, though. She has also developed some lumps, the vet thinks are probably just fatty tissue. I sure hope that is the case. But she is so spry and happy and acts like a pup still!

If you click on the picture below, you can see several pictures I took of her today. We love her so much!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #809 on: May 06, 2012, 07:20:48 PM »

Brandi your Brandi is beautiful.  She looks so loving. Sure hope the lumps are fatty tissue. 

I was so disappointed when Babs and walked outside and all you could see was a grey blur. I liked the picture from Arizona best to out of the ones they had on line.

So glad you son is better. That's great news.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #810 on: May 06, 2012, 07:31:32 PM »

Brandi your Brandi is beautiful.  She looks so loving. Sure hope the lumps are fatty tissue. 

I was so disappointed when Babs and walked outside and all you could see was a grey blur. I liked the picture from Arizona best to out of the ones they had on line.

So glad you son is better. That's great news.

Thanks, Green Eyes. She is very loving and as I tell her, she is such "a nice person." I just wish dogs would not get old. 13 is getting up there.

We knew beforehand that our weather forecast was for cloudy skies, so we would not be able to see the Super moon. But I, like you, would have loved to have seen it!

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #811 on: May 06, 2012, 08:10:44 PM »

Hello all monkeys! Been off the system for the last couple of days as my hubs and I went to chicago for the NRA food show and to visit the big son. It is the first time hubs and I have been away alone in about 7 years so it was wonderful.

Sister - I support your decision - if you want to get married in a religious cerimony you play by the rules - I have a suspision that the marraige may not last - they sound very selfish!

Brandi - hope the lumps are nothing serious!

CC - good luck!

Anyone I forgot - sorry - I am catching up with my reading and very tired! 

Here is the story of the day - My truck (which I got a new transmission in about 3 weeks ago has been in twice for leaks since then. I tested it on the highway at the beginning of the week before we left and saw no leaks. Heading down the express way about 1/3 of the way to Chicago the dang thing started smoking again from the LEAKING TRANSMISSION FLUID dripping on the exhaust. I was too far with too much stuff in the back to turn around. I called the dealership that put the tranny in and told them what was happening and I was driving it. I also told them that if we did not make it to and from Chicago they would be picking me and the truck up and dropping off a new one or else. Luckily we made it. Only a mechanic can check the fluid since it is a closed system. I am so PIZZED. Pity the person that has to deal with me when I show up at the dealer tomorrow. After walking around McCormick center for 10 hours yesterday I am exhausted and that is not a good time to deal with me. I kinda turn into a beoch!!! LOL  Monkey Devil!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: May 06, 2012, 09:26:25 PM »

Hi Brandi.  and everyone else also..I keep up with all you just do not post much..(busy at work)

Brandi,

Your girl is beautiful  and the same age as my guy.

My daughter works for a vet and she said fleas this year are horrible already and she also said that frontline has just lost its power..lots of dogs seem to be immune to it as well as the fleas.
The product that she said is the new miracle treatment is Trifexis..and it is heart-worm and flea combined.
eb Search Results 1 - 6 of about 164000

Protect Your Dog from Parasites with Trifexis ® (spinosad ...

Trifexis® (spinosad + milbemycin oxime) is a monthly, chewable tablet for dogs that kills fleas, prevents heartworm disease, and treats and controls adult hookworm ...

We do love our babies

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: May 06, 2012, 09:31:27 PM »

Brandi...Brandi is just beautiful!  I bet she has fatty tissue. Our dog has those...another old age thing I guess..glad that your son is feeling better...

Hi everyone! Hope that your day went well!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #814 on: May 06, 2012, 09:35:18 PM »

Hi Brandi.  and everyone else also..I keep up with all you just do not post much..(busy at work)

Brandi,

My daughter works for a vet and she said fleas this year are horrible already and she also said that frontline has just lost its power..lots of dogs seem to be immune to it as well as the fleas.
The product that she said is the new miracle treatment is Trifexis..and it is heart-worm and flea combined.

Trifexis® (spinosad + milbemycin oxime) is a monthly, chewable tablet for dogs that kills fleas, prevents heartworm disease, and treats and controls adult hookworm ...

We do love our babies

Hi mymonkey! I see you logged in here often enough to know you are still around Wink

Never thought about FrontLine losing effectiveness, but I believe it to be quite possible. My vet did suggest using Trifexis along with the FrontLine. I just don't not like the idea of Brandi taking a pill of poison, if you know what I mean. I prefer the topical solutions. Recently, I have seen commercials on TV for Trifexis. I guess I should do some more research on it and make a decision soon for Brandi.

Because of the early spring weather, and mild winter, I have heard they are calling for a bad flea season, along with mosquitos and other critters.

Yes, we do love our dogs!

And thanks for passing on the info about Trifexis. I'll have to really give it some consideration.

an angelic monkey

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: May 06, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »

Hey Babs!

So nice of you to mention your avatar. I really enjoy designing them. It makes me happy that yours gives you pleasure!

I laughed about Sonny shunning you, you got to admit, it's amusing. Wink

Speaking of pets, I just took some pictures of Brandi today while husband was weed-wacking. You can see the cord to the weed wacker in some of the pictures.

Brandi is having some health issues, has lost quite a bit of weight, and in spite of getting regular FrontLine flea applications, has become host to some fleas. Vet says she is super sensitive to them. She has been licking and scratching so much, she has made some bald spots. Poor baby. We are doing all we can for her, though. She has also developed some lumps, the vet thinks are probably just fatty tissue. I sure hope that is the case. But she is so spry and happy and acts like a pup still!

If you click on the picture below, you can see several pictures I took of her today. We love her so much!

She is adorable, Brandi!  Glad your son is feeling better.  I have continued prayers for you both.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: May 06, 2012, 11:55:01 PM »

Hello all monkeys! Been off the system for the last couple of days as my hubs and I went to chicago for the NRA food show and to visit the big son. It is the first time hubs and I have been away alone in about 7 years so it was wonderful.

Sister - I support your decision - if you want to get married in a religious cerimony you play by the rules - I have a suspision that the marraige may not last - they sound very selfish!

Brandi - hope the lumps are nothing serious!

CC - good luck!

Anyone I forgot - sorry - I am catching up with my reading and very tired! 

Here is the story of the day - My truck (which I got a new transmission in about 3 weeks ago has been in twice for leaks since then. I tested it on the highway at the beginning of the week before we left and saw no leaks. Heading down the express way about 1/3 of the way to Chicago the dang thing started smoking again from the LEAKING TRANSMISSION FLUID dripping on the exhaust. I was too far with too much stuff in the back to turn around. I called the dealership that put the tranny in and told them what was happening and I was driving it. I also told them that if we did not make it to and from Chicago they would be picking me and the truck up and dropping off a new one or else. Luckily we made it. Only a mechanic can check the fluid since it is a closed system. I am so PIZZED. Pity the person that has to deal with me when I show up at the dealer tomorrow. After walking around McCormick center for 10 hours yesterday I am exhausted and that is not a good time to deal with me. I kinda turn into a beoch!!! LOL  Monkey Devil!

That's terrible, TBM, nothing gets fixed right anymore and I am not sure what is causing this.  It seems if you have a job, you are darn lucky and you would want to keep it.

I believe in miracles!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: May 07, 2012, 12:53:49 AM »

She is adorable, Brandi!  Glad your son is feeling better.  I have continued prayers for you both.

Thank you, Bearly.

an angelic monkey

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: May 07, 2012, 01:17:05 AM »

Brandi,

We do love our babies

Hi mymonkey! I see you logged in here often enough to know you are still around Wink

Never thought about FrontLine losing effectiveness, but I believe it to be quite possible. My vet did suggest using Trifexis along with the FrontLine. I just don't not like the idea of Brandi taking a pill of poison, if you know what I mean. I prefer the topical solutions. Recently, I have seen commercials on TV for Trifexis. I guess I should do some more research on it and make a decision soon for Brandi.

Because of the early spring weather, and mild winter, I have heard they are calling for a bad flea season, along with mosquitos and other critters.

Yes, we do love our dogs!

And thanks for passing on the info about Trifexis. I'll have to really give it some consideration.

an angelic monkey

Correction: The vet recommended Comfortis. It's just the flea pill from the makers of Trifexis. Reading reviews now, and realized that when I cam across Comfortis. But I am also reading that FrontLine has lost effectiveness for a LOT of people!

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #819 on: May 07, 2012, 01:45:04 AM »

I read something on the internet a while back and decided to try it to see if it works.  I've done this for 3 months now and I've not seen a flea in all that time.

I bought several containers of salt.  Ordinary table salt.  Bought them at the discount store for 50c each.  I sprinkle the salt around on the floors and bedding of my cats and dog.  I read that the salt acts as a drying agent just like with slugs.  The fleas can't survive.  I usually leave it on my floors for 30 mins to an hour and then vacuum up.  I've done it once a week for 3 months and not seen a flea again.  I've even put it on my deck and around in the yard where the animals like to sun.  I was scared it would kill the grass but so far its been fine.

Just thought I'd share. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.