April 27, 2024, 08:02:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devon Davis 2 yo, Liberty County, TX Last Seen 3/27/12(Found Deceased)  (Read 22171 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 12:33:35 PM »

And how did a 2 yr old get a bolt lock open?  Did he climb pull a chair up to the door and stand on it?  

My son was nicknamed "The Escape Artist" in nursery school.  I never really had any problems with him getting out of the house because we had doors that locked by key from the inside.  (Older home with skeleton keys that we kept above the door frame.)  But he did get out of the nursery room a few times and ran up the hall with the ladies running behind him.  But he made enough noise getting the door open they knew he was making a run for it.  lol

I had one of those escape artists too.  We did the locks with keys from the inside too, and had to screw the aluminum frame windows shut, because at age 18 mo., he unlocked a window, pushed out the screen and went out.  I was maybe 5 feet away just out of eyesight that time.  He was very quick, quiet and impulsive.  I used to take him into the bathroom with me, because I literally couldn't take my eyes off him.  He could climb the front of anything  (book cases,  counter tops, trees) in a heartbeat and was the only escapee in the history of his preschool.  Some kids are a challenge.    Fortunately he's a grown man now, but for a long time just keeping him safe was day to day.  And he was able to overcome those child proof locks for cabinets and those little things you stick in electrical outlets.  We had to use outlet covers that rotated.  And gates?  He'd go right over them .  We put channel in the sides of the doorway, and then put a piece of plywood that could be pulled in and out when we wanted to go through.  He couldn't climb up the front of it and he was too short to go over it.  If anything had happened to my boy, it wouldn't have been because we didn't try to keep him safe.  Kids can be pretty amazing at getting out and up.  Maybe little Devin was a smart and active kiddo like ours were.  Or maybe he wasn't sleepy and the person that may have been lurking outside saw him.  I just don't know.  I don't now how Devin's family is holding up.  Just the thought of not knowing where a child is for just a few minutes, let alone one missing like Devin is just strikes such fear in my heart.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:23:56 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 12:36:43 PM »

The article below has more background information.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Update-Search-continues-for-toddler-outlook-3440869.php
Update: Search continues for toddler, outlook bleak
By Cindy Horswell
March 29, 2012

Rescuers are continuing their search for a missing 2-year-old today, but officials said it is unlikely that they find the toddler alive.

Officials have been searching forests, water and fields behind the Sam Houston Lake subdivision where Devon Davis was reported missing on Tuesday afternoon. More than 100 searchers have found no sign of the missing boy over the past two days.

"We hope for a miracle on this case," Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller said. "We're hoping he is still alive out there, but we don't sugar coat anything. It doesn't look good."
 ::snipping2::
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:24:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 12:44:42 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/29/devin-davis-search_n_1387822.html
Devin Davis Missing: Search For 2-Year-Old Texas Boy Now A 'Recovery' Effort
March 29, 2012

More than 100 people are out searching Thursday for Devin Davis, a missing 2-year-old boy from Cleveland, Texas, who is believed to have wandered out of his home Tuesday. The search, however, is likely a recovery mission, according to a missing-person search-and-recovery group that is assisting law enforcement.

"You always keep the hope, but I think everyone understands at this point in time we are more in a recovery mode than a rescue mode," Ken DeFoor, a search coordinator with Texas EquuSearch, told The Huffington Post.

In addition to Texas EquuSearch, multiple law enforcement agencies and emergency services workers are out searching for Davis.
Video at Link
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:24:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 12:49:15 PM »

And how did a 2 yr old get a bolt lock open?  Did he climb pull a chair up to the door and stand on it?  

My son was nicknamed "The Escape Artist" in nursery school.  I never really had any problems with him getting out of the house because we had doors that locked by key from the inside.  (Older home with skeleton keys that we kept above the door frame.)  But he did get out of the nursery room a few times and ran up the hall with the ladies running behind him.  But he made enough noise getting the door open they knew he was making a run for it.  lol

I had one of those escape artists too.  We did the locks with keys from the inside too, and had to screw the aluminum frame windows shut, because at age 18 mo., he unlocked a window, pushed out the screen and went out.  I was maybe 5 feet away just out of eyesight that time.  He was very quick, quiet and impulsive.  I used to take him into the bathroom with me, because I literally couldn't take my eyes off him.  He could climb the front of anything  (book cases,  counter tops, trees) in a heartbeat and was the only escapee in the history of his preschool.  Some kids are a challenge.    Fortunately he's a grown man now, but for a long time just keeping him safe was day to day.  And he was able to overcome those child proof locks for cabinets and those little things you stick in electrical outlets.  We had to use outlet covers that rotated.  And gates?  He'd go right over them .  We put channel in the sides of the doorway, and then put a piece of plywood that could be pulled in and out when we wanted to go through.  He couldn't climb up the front of it and he was too short to go over it.  If anything had happened to my boy, it wouldn't have been because we didn't try to keep him safe.  Kids can be pretty amazing at getting out and up.  Maybe little Devin was a smart and active kiddo like ours were.  Or maybe he wasn't sleepy and the person that may have been lurking outside saw him.  I just don't know.  I don't now how Devin's family is holding up.  Just the thought of not knowing where a child is for just a few minutes, let alone one missing like Devin is just strikes such fear in my heart.
Your son sounds a lot like mine!  My boy's first word was 'down' and he went from crawling to running.  The climbing thing was a challenge for us too.  I learned that just putting things up high wasn't enough.  My baby would find things (toys, stepstool, chairs) to stack and climb on top of to reach items. I tried everything to keep the cabinet doors closed.  I finally just cleaned out one side and told him that it was his 'special' place and put some pots and pans in.  He loved getting in there and playing.  lol

If this family had only been there since last week, they may've come to the notice of a person up to no good.  If the younger baby is a newborn, mom may've been exhausted and someone knowing that called the child to the door/window.  I wonder if anyone close by had shown an interest in Devin?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:24:33 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 02:11:36 PM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/120329-missing-boy
Search Expanded for Missing 2-Year-Old Boy
John Donnely, Reporter
March 29, 2012

CLEVELAND, Texas (AP) - The effort to find a missing 2-year-old boy appears to be shifting from a search mission to a recovery mission.

Crews  were searching Thursday for Devin Davis, who was reported missing around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday when an Amber Alert was issued.

Dive teams with the Houston Police Department were deployed Wednesday and returned Thursday to assist in the search.
The Liberty County Sheriff's Office, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, area fire departments and Texas EquuSearch are taking part in the search effort.

"It's gonna take a lot of time and everybody's doing everything right. Now we jsut need a little bit of luck to along with this, so hope today's our lucky day," said Tim Miller, founder of Texas EquuSearch.

"It's heartbreaking for everybody here; not only for the family but for the investigators, for the searchers, everybody involved. It's a very difficult transition to make and it's again heartbreaking for us all," said Capt. Rex Evans with the Liberty County Sheriff's Office.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:24:44 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 03:29:22 PM »

http://texasequusearch.org/2012/03/missing-and-endangered-toddler-devin-davis-2-12-yrs-cleveland-tx-032712/
Missing and Endangered Toddler, Devin Davis, 2 1/2 Yrs., Cleveland, TX, 03/27/12

Posted on 28. Mar, 2012 by smckinney in Active Cases, Featured Articles, Missing Persons

More...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:24:56 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 08:50:51 PM »

The article below has more background information.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Update-Search-continues-for-toddler-outlook-3440869.php
Update: Search continues for toddler, outlook bleak
By Cindy Horswell
March 29, 2012

Rescuers are continuing their search for a missing 2-year-old today, but officials said it is unlikely that they find the toddler alive.

Officials have been searching forests, water and fields behind the Sam Houston Lake subdivision where Devon Davis was reported missing on Tuesday afternoon. More than 100 searchers have found no sign of the missing boy over the past two days.

"We hope for a miracle on this case," Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller said. "We're hoping he is still alive out there, but we don't sugar coat anything. It doesn't look good."
This article says that 'doors' of the jeep were open.  

I wonder if the poor little guy woke up and with this being a new home was scared in an unfamiliar place and tried to find where mommy might be?  
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:25:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 08:55:37 PM »

http://app1.kuhf.org/articles/1333065800-Search-Continues-For-Missing-Toddler-In-Recovery-Mode.html
Search Continues For Missing Toddler In 'Recovery Mode'

In this, he says he doesn’t believe it’s necessary to look very far downstream.

"I just don’t feel like there’s enough current to move a small child past the first log that he would’ve hit."

And while authorities maintain they don’t suspect foul play, the fact that they are looking in places a two-year-old couldn’t possibly walk to means they are literally leaving no stone unturned in this case.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:25:24 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 12:12:58 AM »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Deputy-Odds-against-missing-toddler-being-alive-3445870.php
Deputy: Odds against missing toddler being alive
By Cindy Horswell
March 29, 2012

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:25:36 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 01:15:34 AM »

Little Devin's Mothers facebook link. Her photos are open and there are many adorable pictures of Devin. This is so heart breaking.

https://www.facebook.com/aprilad1?sk=wall

Praying for a miracle for Devin and his family. an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:25:47 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2012, 09:41:44 AM »

Little Devin's Mothers facebook link. Her photos are open and there are many adorable pictures of Devin. This is so heart breaking.

https://www.facebook.com/aprilad1?sk=wall

Praying for a miracle for Devin and his family. an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:26:00 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2012, 02:59:36 PM »

(VIDEO AT LINK)

Mother Pleas in Search for Missing 2-Year-Old Boy

Updated: Friday, 30 Mar 2012, 8:56 AM CDT
Published : Friday, 30 Mar 2012, 8:32 AM CDT

CLEVELAND, Texas - "If you know anything, if you've seen anything, please just call somebody! Bring him home, he needs to be at home with his family," said the mother of a 2-year-old boy who was reported missing Tuesday from his home in Cleveland, Texas.

April Davis issued the statement Friday morning in tears to FOX 26 News and several other media outlets at the command center where searchers gathered to find her son, Devin Davis.

"Please help me find my son. He's just a little boy. He's just getting over a pneumonia. He might be sick," added a crying April.

April agreed to speak to the media upon the condition of not answering any questions.

"I need my son, I need to know, I need some answers and someone has to know something, somewhere out there!," begged April. "If you're scared, I understarnd. There's a lot of stuff going on. Do the right thing!"
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/120330-missing-devin-davis
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:26:11 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 03:57:45 PM »

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Toddler-search-now-a-recovery-no-longer-a-rescue-3440869.php
Toddler search now a recovery, no longer a rescue
By Cindy Horswell
March 30, 2012
Searchers have been looking for 2-year-old Devon Davis, whose mother said was last seen Tuesday afternoon. Officials shifted their search Thursday from rescuing the toddler to finding his body after officials said the chances of finding him appear slim.
By nightfall Thursday -- and despite some four dozen dogs trained to detect the scent of a dead body -- no sign of Devon was found within a mile of the two-story frame house east of Cleveland, near the Tarkington Prairie community, where his family was living.
April Davis said she put Devon down for a nap with his 1-year-old sister about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday. She told authorities that she, too, had dozed off after bolting the front door. But 25 minutes later, she said, she awoke to find the door wide open and her son, wearing jeans but barefoot, gone.

She also said the doors to her Jeep, which had been closed, were ajar, and the upstairs window where the children had been sleeping had been left open, Evans said.

Texas Rangers had marked a half-dozen spots on the ground below the window and, wearing blue rubber gloves, collected specimens from the ground and sealed them in bags. Evans declined to identify the material: "We're not letting that out now."

FBI investigators, using personality profilers, re-interviewed April Davis on Thursday. Technicians also processed the house in search of clues to the disappearance.

"Still, right now," said Evans, "we have no idea where he is."

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:26:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 04:42:44 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/was-2-year-old-devin-davis-abducted
Was 2-year-old Devin Davis abducted?
Jerrie Dean
March 30, 2012

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:26:39 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2012, 06:10:29 PM »

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Mom-of-missing-toddler-fails-part-of-polygraph-3440869.php
Mom of missing toddler fails part of polygraph
By Cindy Horswell
March 30, 2012

The mother of a Liberty County toddler who has been missing since Tuesday has failed parts of a polygraph test, according to a law enforcement source close to the investigation.

April Davis, who offered a tearful plea today to the public, begging anyone to help her find her son, took the polygraph test Thursday, said the source who did not want to be identified.
FBI investigators, using personality profilers, re-interviewed April Davis on Thursday. Technicians also processed the house in search of clues to the disappearance.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:26:55 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2012, 09:01:30 PM »

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/atascocita/news/mother-asks-searchers-to-not-give-up-hope-on-finding/article_15196ee6-cc42-52ae-86d3-0463f2a979e4.html
Mother asks searchers to not give up hope on finding missing toddler
March 30, 2012

Following up on a report from a neighbor that April had lost custody of an older child when the family was living in Virginia, during the press conference on Friday, the Advocate asked April to explain the circumstances of that situation, but she turned and walked away, refusing to answer.

Sources in the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office, which is overseeing the investigation into Devin’s disappearance, are not saying that April or her husband, Mike, are suspects. April submitted to a voluntary polygraph test, but some reports suggest she failed a portion of it. The sheriff’s office would not confirm that.

“We are not ruling out foul play at this time,” said Liberty County Sheriff’s Captain Rex Evans.

With no sign of the missing child, the search has now changed from a rescue mission to a recovery effort, according to Evans.

“I don’t believe there is any other way to put that. Yesterday was the worst day of my law enforcement career, having to sit down with the mother and father to tell them that,” said Evans.
If Devin actually walked away from the home, as it has been suggested, there is very little chance he could have survived for a few hours let alone several days.

“We have seen a lot of thick forestation, creeks, dangerous terrain, not to mention the alligators, snakes, feral hogs and large cats that have been spotted by search teams,” said Evans. “There is a lot of territory out here that is still very wild. I think it almost explains why we aren’t able to find the bodies of other missing people. The bodies are not recovered because of the wildlife out here. There are very large animals here.”

The sheriff’s office has expanded the search to a 1.5-mile radius of the home. The searches up and down the creek that takes in three sides of the Davis home have been more extensive — and more perilous for the search teams.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:27:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2012, 09:23:42 PM »

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Mom-of-missing-toddler-fails-part-of-polygraph-3440869.php
Mom of missing toddler fails part of polygraph
By Cindy Horswell
March 30, 2012

The mother of a Liberty County toddler who has been missing since Tuesday has failed parts of a polygraph test, according to a law enforcement source close to the investigation.

April Davis, who offered a tearful plea today to the public, begging anyone to help her find her son, took the polygraph test Thursday, said the source who did not want to be identified.

Oh, no...not again.  
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:27:20 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2012, 09:41:05 PM »

This has me wondering, but right now we don't have enough information.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/atascocita/news/mother-asks-searchers-to-not-give-up-hope-on-finding/article_15196ee6-cc42-52ae-86d3-0463f2a979e4.html
March 30, 2012

Following up on a report from a neighbor that April had lost custody of an older child when the family was living in Virginia, during the press conference on Friday, the Advocate asked April to explain the circumstances of that situation, but she turned and walked away, refusing to answer.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:27:33 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2012, 09:59:45 PM »

This has me wondering, but right now we don't have enough information.

March 30, 2012

Wow! I watched the video of her plea and jmo but it appeared a little bit fake. It could be nothing just my initial thoughts. Did anyone else see it and have an opinion of her demeanor?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:27:47 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2012, 10:03:07 PM »

(VIDEO AT LINK)

Mother Pleas in Search for Missing 2-Year-Old Boy

Updated: Friday, 30 Mar 2012, 8:56 AM CDT
Published : Friday, 30 Mar 2012, 8:32 AM CDT

CLEVELAND, Texas - "If you know anything, if you've seen anything, please just call somebody! Bring him home, he needs to be at home with his family," said the mother of a 2-year-old boy who was reported missing Tuesday from his home in Cleveland, Texas.

April Davis issued the statement Friday morning in tears to FOX 26 News and several other media outlets at the command center where searchers gathered to find her son, Devin Davis.

"Please help me find my son. He's just a little boy. He's just getting over a pneumonia. He might be sick," added a crying April.

April agreed to speak to the media upon the condition of not answering any questions.

"I need my son, I need to know, I need some answers and someone has to know something, somewhere out there!," begged April. "If you're scared, I understarnd. There's a lot of stuff going on. Do the right thing!"
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/120330-missing-devin-davis
Above BBM made my antennae raise when I first read it.  I had been talking myself out of being suspicious about it until I read this http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12906.msg1516270#msg1516270
Not again  
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:28:02 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.