April 18, 2024, 09:40:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlanta Monkeys - Pleaase Help  (Read 3265 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 03, 2007, 06:46:18 PM »

Hubby and I got an invitation today from some Chinese people. It's for July 21, and here is what it says:

Mr. & Mrs. _________ & Mr. & Mrs.___________ request the honor of your presence at the marriage celebration of their children __________ and _______________ on Saturday__________ 2007, at 12:00 noon

Mo Mo Ya
Lee's Golden Buddha Restaurant
Wedding reception immediately following the ceremony.

The part in bold is the part that has us confused. If the name of the restaurant is Lee's Golden Buddha Restaurant, what is Mo Mo Ya? And do you think it sounds like they're getting married inside the restaurant?

I'm soooooooo confused!  Confused

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

I Stand With The Girl
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 06:59:41 PM »

Laughing  Laughing  I am not an Atlanta monkey but -
I googled Mo Mo Ya and it is a Japanese Restaurant and is under the same roof as Lee's Golden Buddha Chinese Restaurant.  Looks like there are several of them around the area.
No idea about the wedding service though - could well be in the restaurant or function room or they may have a Japanese Garden?  Take your camera  Wink

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 07:46:12 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Laughing  Laughing  I am not an Atlanta monkey but -
I googled Mo Mo Ya and it is a Japanese Restaurant and is under the same roof as Lee's Golden Buddha Chinese Restaurant.  Looks like there are several of them around the area.
No idea about the wedding service though - could well be in the restaurant or function room or they may have a Japanese Garden?  Take your camera  Wink

TY, Tibro. The bride is involved in the Chinese restaurant business and there should be a LOT of good food at the reception.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 07:51:37 PM »

http://www.momoyaga.com/gh/welcome2.aspx?restaurant=9&location=buford&note=1

Welcome to Golden Buddha Restaurant at Buford

The Golden Buddha has been serving exquisite, authentic Mandarin and Szechuan cuisine since 1975. Located on the near northeast side, the restaurant has been the area’s premier destination for upscale Chinese for over 25 years. The Golden Buddha features a pleasant, inviting dining atmosphere that is perfect for family style dining and social occasions; for special events, request one of the restaurant’s several private dining rooms. The menu offers an extensive array of selections, including such notable customer favorites as Peking Duck, Golden Buddha Chicken, Beef Soong, and Princess Chicken. Daily specials and lunch combinations are also featured.

Note the website address
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 08:11:29 PM »

Thanks, Klaas.

Hubby and I are being very ethnically diverse in our wedding attendance this year. A few weeks ago we went to one between a man from Ecuador and a woman from Russia. Next we're going to the Chinese wedding, and a couple of weeks after that, we going to be a couple of the very few pale faces at a wedding in a predominantly black church.

Shoot, we'll be downright sophisticated if this keeps up.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 01:55:56 PM »

BT - There are indeed two restaurants under one roof. Mo Mo Ya serves Japanese including habachi and sushi. It is fun, good; the chefs are very entertaining with the knives flashing and flames leaping and "onion volcano" eruping etc. I've eaten there many times and it is near where we had our Atlanta lunch in March.

I have not eaten in the Chinese part so I can't comment specifically about it. But it sounds like a really delicious wedding reception coming up!

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 02:17:24 PM »

This link takes you to Mo Mo Ya, and the initial page provides a link to Golden Buddha ...

http://www.momoyaga.com/momoya/home.aspx

Apparently there are two locations of this combination of restaurants; I did not know that. The Buckhead location is the one that is very near where we had our Monkey Lunch.

(Further, Golden Buddha has two additional locations.)

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 05:23:55 PM »

Thanks so much for the info, Ms. Marple!

I'm really looking forward to it.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.