April 26, 2024, 12:42:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dallas Police Search for Johnathan Ramsey's Remains (Body Found)  (Read 19195 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 11:22:07 PM »

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/04/21/remains-found-in-the-seach-for-the-body-of-an-11-year-old-boy/

This talks about LE finding bones in a creek.

Police also found a sleeping bag near the remains. The arrest affidavit for Jonathan Ramsey’s father, 34-year-old Aaron Ramsey says Ramsey put his son’s body in a sleeping bag after he had died.

Dear ole daddy must have confessed to LE where he dumped his son's remains.  Now he'll spend the rest of his life getting three meals a day watching all the tv he wants.  What a rotten jerk.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 11:36:32 PM »

Wait a minute...I thought it was found in a storm shelter?

I have no idea about the article on April 2nd, I hadn't heard anything about  that find. 

This was breaking news on all our local stations this evening here in Dallas.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 11:41:33 PM »

I guess I'm confused about exactly what a storm shelter is.  I thought it was a room made to withstand tornados.  Apparently, that isn't correct.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 12:22:37 AM »

I guess I'm confused about exactly what a storm shelter is.  I thought it was a room made to withstand tornados.  Apparently, that isn't correct.
Your right KittyMom, they are in the ground, I guess not as fancy as the "bomb Shelters" of yester-year (old California girl here) so all this tornado & hurricane stuff is pretty new to me.  The ones I've seen here in North Texas are out in the yards, don't think there are many homes with cellars here.

As I said, all the reports I"ve seen and read this evening they had drained what looked to be a pond today, and found remains at the bottom.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 08:44:36 AM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/04212012--police-find-the-body-of-a-missing-10-year-old-dallas-boy
Breaking: Police Find the Body they Believe is the Missing 10-Year Old Dallas Boy
April 21, 2012

::snipping2::

Police returned to Ennis Saturday morning hoping to find the boy's remains.  They had searched several times in the same area of Ensign Road and Sandwich Road but the water levels were too high.   Cadaver dogs did lead police to the boy's remains about 1 o'clock Saturday afternoon in the same area.
Ramsey's father and stepmother were arrested and police sources tell Fox 4 they confessed to locking the boy in a room in their Northeast Dallas home and starving him sometime last year.

Aaron & Elizabeth Ramsey even told police where they dumped the body.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 08:50:17 AM »

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-police-find-remains-that-could-be-the-body-of-starved-boy-20120421,0,2822215.story
Police find remains that could be the body of starved boy
April 21, 2012

Ennis, Texas—

Dallas Police search teams blocked off part Ensign Road in a wooded area of Ellis County Saturday to resume searching for the body of ten year old Johnathan Ramsey. Shortly after 2pm, they located what they believe are human remains.

"By remains, I mean something like bones but I can't definitely definitively say that it's Johnathan Ramsey", said Sgt Brenda Nichols with the Dallas Police Department.

Police found the remains in a creek bed. They started searching for the boy's body last month in the same area but conditions at the time including a swollen creek hampered the search.

"We had Ellis County officials that were very kind to us, they volunteered they brought pumps out here. They were able to pump some of the water out for us to make it easier for us to actually get down into the creek itself", Nichols said.
It had been nearly a year since family had seen or heard from Johnathan. His grandfather became concerned and went to police who launched an investigation.

After talking to the boy's father and stepmother, Aaron and Elizabeth Ramsey, police say the two admitted starving the boy to death in their East Dallas home.

After he died, police say Aaron Ramsey put the body in a sleeping bag and dumped it in Ellis County. Police say the body was found in the area where Aaron told them it would be -- a sleeping bag was found near the remains.
Police are waiting for the medical examiner to positively identify the body.
We spoke to the grandfather who reported Johnathan missing but he was too emotional to talk.

As for Aaron and Elizabeth Ramsey, they have been jailed since the search first began and their bond is set at a half-a-million dollars each.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 12:56:01 PM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20120421-authorities-believe-theyve-found-remains-of-johnathan-ramsey-10-who-starved-to-death.ece

Related Authorities searching in Ellis County near Ennis on Saturday found what they believe are the remains of 10-year-old Johnathan Ramsey, who police say was starved to death.

The remains were discovered in a rural area where authorities say the child’s father, Aaron Ramsey, told Dallas police he put the body last year. Ramsey and the boy’s stepmother, Elizabeth Ramsey, face charges of injury to a child. Each is being held at the Dallas County Jail on $500,000 bail.

Forensic and DNA testing must be done to positively identify the remains. Authorities found the remains about 2 p.m. Saturday after using pumps to drain part of a creek.

Aaron Ramsey told police that he locked the boy in the room early last year after he began behaving violently. He said Johnathan caused his stepmother, who was pregnant with triplets, to miscarry by punching her in the stomach.

From March to August last year, Johnathan’s weight dropped from 90 pounds to 60 pounds. Police believe the boy died around August. Aaron Ramsey told police that after Johnathan died, he was placed in his favorite T-shirt and put into a sleeping bag with a dryer sheet to curb the smell. Ramsey told police he later dumped his body in a wooded area in Ellis County.

Swanson, the step-grandmother, and her husband, Lloyd, have not seen the boy they called “J.L.,” short for Johnathan Lloyd, since he was a toddler. Aaron Ramsey and Johnathan’s mother, Judy Ramsey, divorced in 2006 in New Mexico.

Aaron Ramsey succeeded in getting custody of Johnathan, while Judy Ramsey was awarded custody of their younger son. The Swansons say Aaron Ramsey refused to let his ex-wife see Johnathan for years.

The Swansons say they had always hoped that when Johnathan grew up, they would be able to rekindle a relationship with him. Now that will never happen.

The Swansons said that whenever they eat, they think about the unimaginable torture Johnathan endured.

“I hope they live in hell every day that they are in jail, and I hope they are in there until the day they die,” Starla Swanson said. “That still won’t bring J.L. back, but at least they won’t be able to do it to someone else.”

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 02:13:37 PM »

So do parents, grand parents etc just forget about a child if they don't have custody and don't fight for those all important visitation rights?
I can not imagine that I would not be at their door to see my grandchild...where this is a will there is a way...jmo...
It seems that no one really cared enough about this little boy to follow up on his care and welfare..
Very sad..

And I don't believe for 1 minute that his little boy punched the step mother in the stomach. I think that he would have been too scared to even sass back let alone hit one of his tormentors..

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 03:11:35 PM »

So do parents, grand parents etc just forget about a child if they don't have custody and don't fight for those all important visitation rights?
I can not imagine that I would not be at their door to see my grandchild...where this is a will there is a way...jmo...
It seems that no one really cared enough about this little boy to follow up on his care and welfare..
Very sad..

And I don't believe for 1 minute that his little boy punched the step mother in the stomach. I think that he would have been too scared to even sass back let alone hit one of his tormentors..

Agree completely Cookie, this little guy had no one from what has been said.....The grand-parents hoped "When he grew up" they would be able to re-kindle a relationship with him, I imagine that was the birth-mother's thoughts also........So sad
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »

Possible break in case of missing Dallas boy

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Possible-break-in-case-of-missing-Dallas-boy-148440695.html

ELLIS COUNTY, Texas — News 8 has learned that Dallas police believe they have found the remains of Johnathan Ramsey, the 10-year-old boy whose mysterious disappearance led to the arrest of his father and stepmother last month.

Police found what appeared to be a child's skeletal remains in a rural creek near Ennis at 2 p.m. Saturday. It’s the same area officers searched unsuccessfully three weeks ago.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2012, 12:28:59 PM »

http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/04/24/read-if-you-have-the-stomach-for-it-johnathan-ramseys-hell-on-earth-and-why-the-ramseys-better-be-charged-with-murder/
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2012, 01:52:25 PM »

Poor kid. He never had a chance with the family that he was born into.
14 hrs was too far for mom to drive to see her son?? I do not understand that...drive it every 2 months if nothing else...no excuses to this kind of parenting, none! Same with the rest of he family...I hope that they all feel guilt in their uninterest in this little boy. As he was languishing in his bedroom, sad, hungry and alone, no one came...no one...

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 12:12:24 AM »

This case is just heartbreaking.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 09:59:15 AM »

This case is just heartbreaking.

It truly is, KittyMom.  I can hardly bear to read about it and when I think about how this child suffered   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 08:38:57 AM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Skeleton-Found-in-Creek-Identified-as-Missing-Boy-148911775.html
Skeleton Found in Creek Identified as Missing Boy
Body recovered Saturday from a creek in Ellis County
April 25, 2012

Judge Bill Woody says the Dallas County medical examiner believes skeletal remains found in a rural creek south of Dallas on Saturday are those of Johnathan Ramsey, a 10-year-old boy who was allegedly starved to death by his parents.

Wood said the medical examiner's analysis is based on circumstances of the case as described by investigators, and that DNA test results are still pending and that x-ray tests will be conducted to determine if the boy was starved to death.

The medical examiner's office declined to comment because the case involves remains found in another county.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:09:14 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 10:52:54 PM »

Body found in creek identified as starved Texas boy

ReutersBy Jon Nielsen | Reuters – Tue, May 15, 2012

DALLAS (Reuters) - Officials with the Dallas County medical examiner's office said on Tuesday they have identified a body found in a Texas creek bed in March as that of 10-year-old Johnathan Ramsey, who police have said was apparently starved to death by his parents.

Police began searching for the boy on March 30 after Johnathan's grandfather reported him missing.

The boy's father and stepmother told police they punished him for punching his pregnant stepmother in the stomach and causing a miscarriage, according to the Dallas Morning News.

The pair locked Johnathan in a bedroom for months and fed him only bread and water, the paper reported. Police believe he died of starvation in August, the paper said.

The boy's father, Aaron Ramsey, 34, and his stepmother, Elizabeth Ramsey, 31, have been charged with injury to a child. ::snipping2::

http://news.yahoo.com/body-found-creek-identified-starved-texas-boy-020456114.html

RIP sweetie  an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2012, 10:17:19 AM »

Body found in creek identified as starved Texas boy

ReutersBy Jon Nielsen | Reuters – Tue, May 15, 2012

DALLAS (Reuters) - Officials with the Dallas County medical examiner's office said on Tuesday they have identified a body found in a Texas creek bed in March as that of 10-year-old Johnathan Ramsey, who police have said was apparently starved to death by his parents.

Police began searching for the boy on March 30 after Johnathan's grandfather reported him missing.

The boy's father and stepmother told police they punished him for punching his pregnant stepmother in the stomach and causing a miscarriage, according to the Dallas Morning News.

The pair locked Johnathan in a bedroom for months and fed him only bread and water, the paper reported. Police believe he died of starvation in August, the paper said.

The boy's father, Aaron Ramsey, 34, and his stepmother, Elizabeth Ramsey, 31, have been charged with injury to a child. ::snipping2::

http://news.yahoo.com/body-found-creek-identified-starved-texas-boy-020456114.html

RIP sweetie  an angelic monkey
Starvation is a horrible, slow death.  I think this is the correct punishment for these two POS.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 10:37:32 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/21463071/trial-begins-for-parents-of-starved-boy?obref=obinsite
Trial begins for parents of starved boy
March 4, 2013

DALLAS -
Jury selection began Monday for the trial of the parents of an 11-year-old boy who was allegedly starved to death.

The skeletal remains of Jonathan Ramsey were found dumped in a field in Ennis last year.

Aaron and Elizabeth Ramsey are accused of locking him in his room and feeding him only bread and water for months.
According to court documents, the boy went from weighing about 90 pounds to 60 pounds. He became too weak to walk and was so hungry that he ate his own feces. He died sometime in August.

Aaron Ramsey admitted to finding him dead, changing him into his favorite t-shirt and placing him in a sleeping bag with dryer sheets to mask the smell, police said.

The couple was charged with felony injury to a child.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2013, 12:50:05 AM »

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=sentence%20for%20felony%20injury%20to%20a%20child%20texas&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpacs.unt.edu%2Fcriminal-justice%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2FTXPC_Penalties.doc&ei=PCY4UdWmJqT9ygHu0YGQBg&usg=AFQjCNELddQoqRkY5Ov6u1dL-xspbLfgJQ&bvm=bv.43287494,d.aWc

According to the Texas state penal code if Aaron and Elizabeth Ramsey have been charged with first degree felony injury to a child they could be sentenced anywhere from 5-99 years in prison. 

The Ramsey's knew that their actions were killing the boy in a slow and tortuous way.  Hoping they get the 99.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=sentence%20for%20felony%20injury%20to%20a%20child%20texas&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpacs.unt.edu%2Fcriminal-justice%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2FTXPC_Penalties.doc&ei=PCY4UdWmJqT9ygHu0YGQBg&usg=AFQjCNELddQoqRkY5Ov6u1dL-xspbLfgJQ&bvm=bv.43287494,d.aWc

According to the Texas state penal code if Aaron and Elizabeth Ramsey have been charged with first degree felony injury to a child they could be sentenced anywhere from 5-99 years in prison. 

The Ramsey's knew that their actions were killing the boy in a slow and tortuous way.  Hoping they get the 99

(Bolded by me)
I hope the Ramsey's both get the maximum of 99 years. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.