March 28, 2024, 07:21:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple tornadoes cause massive damage across Dallas, Fort Worth 4/3/12  (Read 1750 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« on: April 03, 2012, 11:27:28 PM »

Multiple tornadoes cause massive damage across Dallas, Fort Worth and North Texas

::snipping2::
Possibly a dozen tornadoes rumbled across the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area Tuesday, leveling homes and tossing big-rigs around like toy trucks. North Texans scrambled for cover as warning sirens blared throughout the afternoon
"These weren't small tornadoes," Fano said.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/dallas/tornadoes-cause-massive-damage-across-dallas-fort-worth-184640541.html

vid looks like an action movie
texas monkeys hope all is well

Tornado tosses tractor trailers into sky Dallas TX 4/3/12
Tractor trailers were tossed around like toys by one of at least two tornadoes reported near the Dallas.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=8606983

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 11:43:57 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57409008/more-than-a-dozen-hurt-by-dallas-area-tornadoes/?google_editors_picks=true
More than a dozen hurt by Dallas-area tornadoes
April 3, 2012

Cambrie Thornton looks at her tornado damaged home that Forney emergency workers condemned Tuesday, April 3, 2012, in Forney, Texas. (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez)

CBS/AP) DALLAS - Tornadoes raked the Dallas area Tuesday, crumbling a wing of a nursing home, peeling roofs from dozens of homes and spiraling big-rig trailers into the air like footballs. More than a dozen injuries were reported.

Baseball-sized hail punched holes through car roofs, and a Red Cross spokeswoman warned the breadth of the destruction may not be cleared until well into Wednesday, reports CBS affiliate KTVT in Dallas. The mayors of Arlington and Lancaster declared a state of disaster following the storm strike

Overturned cars left streets unnavigable and flattened trucks clogged highway shoulders.
Preliminary estimates were that six to 12 twisters had touched down in North Texas, senior National Weather Service meteorologist Eric Martello said. But firm numbers would only come after survey teams checked damage Wednesday, he said.
In suburban Dallas, Lancaster police officer Paul Beck said 10 people were injured, two of them severely. Three people were injured in Arlington, including two residents of a nursing home who were taken to a hospital with minor injuries after swirling winds clipped the building, city assistant fire chief Jim Self said.
 ::snipping2::
Videos at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 01:39:35 PM »

I've watched the video on the 'net and I can't believe that no one died.  Watching those tractor-trailers being flipped into the air like toys was amazing. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 01:44:20 PM »

I've watched the video on the 'net and I can't believe that no one died.  Watching those tractor-trailers being flipped into the air like toys was amazing. 

I agree with you KittyMom, it's amazing no one died.  The tornadoes were in the daytime and I think that may have helped with the fatality factor, but still, someone could have been killed if the tractor-trailers or anything else fell on a person. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.