March 19, 2024, 12:40:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vilet Patricia Torrez, 38 - Miramar FL msg 3/31/12 (Hubby GUILTY of murder)  (Read 27585 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: April 04, 2012, 05:53:14 PM »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/miramar/fl-missing-miramar-mom-vilet-torrez-20120404,0,6583316.story

South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Police seek public's help to find missing Miramar woman

Juan Ortega, Sun Sentinel

9:43 AM EDT, April 4, 2012

MIRAMAR

Police are seeking the public's help to find a mother of three who vanished Friday.

Vilet Patricia Torrez, 38, of Miramar, didn't show up for work over the weekend and, as of Wednesday, her family has been unable to find her.

According to relatives and co-workers, disappearing is uncharacteristic of her, police said. She lives in the 12900 block of Southwest 28th Court, police said.
 ::snipping2::
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:58:00 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 05:55:46 PM »

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21007118192172/miramar-mother-missing-since-friday/

Miramar mother missing since Friday

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 05:58:14 PM »

Looks to be her mostly private Facebook account:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1450562347&sk=wall
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 08:17:25 AM »

http://www.local10.com/news/Search-continues-for-missing-woman/-/1717324/10216200/-/dvsmqcz/-/
Search continues for missing woman
Miramar woman last seen Friday

April 4, 2012

Vilet Torrez works for a bath remodeling company. Police said she went to dinner with a co-worker Friday night. Her car was found in the parking lot of her condo complex on Saturday, but she didn't show up for any of her weekend appointments. 
Police have checked cellphone and credit card records and reviewed surveillance video from the gated community in which Vilet Torrez lives, but they won't say what, if anything, those searches have revealed. 
Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 08:21:31 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2125382/Vilet-Torrez-Police-desperate-search-missing-Florida-mother-three.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
She would never leave her kids': Police in desperate search for missing mother-of-three who disappeared after seeing friend
Published April 4, 2012, Updated April 5, 2012

Vilet Torrez, 38, was last seen and heard from when she visited a friend on Friday and failed to show up for work over the weekend.

Mrs Torrez, who recently separated from her husband Cid, has two sons and a daughter, all aged between four and 12-years-old.
'We have been separated for a few months and have had our problems. But this is so unlike her. She would never leave her kids. This is so unlike her.'
Mrs Torrez of Miramar had taken a day off on Friday from her job at Bath Fitter in Doral because her children had a day off from school.
Police said they are worried about the welfare of the mother, reports msnbc.com.

'We’re still very much concerned. There’s an active search looking at all possible leads and angles and we’re searching in a variety of locations,' Miramar police spokeswoman Tania Rues said.

Video and photos at link.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 08:31:34 AM »

I heard on the tv news yesterday that the husband was named POI (I live in S Florida) -- this article does not say that. Trying to find something that supports what I heard on tv.....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/miramar/fl-vilet-torrez-shelter-hearing-20120406,0,3686100.story

Judge upholds removal of children from care of missing Miramar woman's husband

By Linda Trischitta, Sun Sentinel

6:41 p.m. EDT, April 6, 2012
FORT LAUDERDALE—

The three children of a Miramar man whose wife has disappeared will be temporarily cared for by their maternal grandmother, a Broward judge ruled Friday.

Vilet Torrez, 38, was last seen March 30 and was reported missing by her husband, Cid Torrez, on April 2.

Broward County Judge Ken Gottlieb ruled during an emergency shelter hearing Friday morning that the children will stay with Vilet Torrez's mother, Gladys Blanco, of Hialeah. ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »

I found an article where the husband is called a 'person of interest' -- seems to conflict with article I posted above which says he is not???? The person quoted is not named -- just referred to as a BSO Investigator.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/vilet-torrez-husband-named-person-of-interest-children-removed-from-home

Vilet Torrez: Husband named person of interest, children removed from home

Cid Torrez, the husband of missing Vilet Torrez was ordered to have his children removed from his custody on Friday morning.  The police are calling him a person of interest in the disappearance of Vilet, who was last seen leaving a friend's home last Friday night.

"At this time, the father is a person of interest, and we therefore made the decision to remove the children temporarily to the maternal grandparents," said a Broward Sheriff's Office investigator told the judge, reports WSVN news.

::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 08:58:44 AM »

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/06/dcf-removes-kids-from-home-of-missing-miramar-mom/
Grandparents Granted Custody Of Missing Miramar Mom’s Kids
April 6, 2012

During a custody hearing Friday morning, Vilet’s parents were given custody of the three children. The father, Cid Torrez, will have supervised rights.

The kids were removed Thursday night after a confidential call was made to the Department of Children and Families that said Cid reportedly said he was going to get a gun and end it all.
“I heard exactly that,” Vilet Torrez’s brother, Javier Blanco said. “I’m gonna end it all.”

When pressed further, Blanco said he didn’t hear him say it, which Cid’s attorney said was simply hearsay.
I understand the court doesn’t want to take any risk of somebody telling that this was going to happen,” Cid’s aunt Ruth Lopez said. “But he, there is no evidence. I think the court is covering themselves.”

The move came on the same day that police may have found new evidence in Torrez’s disappearance. Police executed a search warrant on Torrez’s home Thursday. CBS4 cameras showed investigators photographing strange marks on bricks surrounding a flower bed.

The marks were so concerning, police decided to take the bricks for further examination. On the front door, you can also see faint stains or smears.

Torrez lived in Miramar and left behind her children, her family, and all of her friends.
During a Wednesday press conference with Miramar Police, new pictures of Torrez were released showing the mother with a big smile on her face. Her family said that how she always is at home.

Investigators told CBS4 they’re checking to see if her credit cards have been used. The last time anyone saw her was Friday, when she had dinner with a friend. Now, cops are following every lead and scrape of information they receive.

Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 09:00:55 AM »

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Missing-Miramar-Woman-Would-Never-Leave-Kids-Friend-146587725.html
Missing Miramar Woman Would Never Leave Kids: Friend
Vilet Torrez has not been seen or heard from in nine days.

April 8, 2012

Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 09:07:43 PM »

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Police-family-continue-to-look-for-missing-woman-146874145.html
Police, Family Continue To Look For Missing Miramar Woman
Vilet Torrez, 38, a mother of three, has not been seen for 11 days

April 10, 2012

Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 09:09:28 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/fl-torrez-awareness-campaign-20120410,0,2620417.story
Friends, family want public to remember missing loved one
April 10, 2012

Vilet Torrez disappeared 11 days ago, and family members and friends say they'll continue passing out fliers and talking to reporters until she's back home.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 01:07:56 PM »

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21007213588417/search-continues-for-missing-miramar-mother/
Search continues for missing Miramar mother
April 14, 2012

MIRAMAR, Fla. (WSVN) -- Police and loved ones stepped up the search for a missing South Florida woman.

On Saturday, family members and friends passed out flyers in Miramar, Saturday, hoping to locate 38-year-old Vilet Torrez.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Family-Of-Missing-Miramar-Mother-Feared-For-Her-Safety-147490865.html
Family Of Missing Miramar Mother Feared For Her Safety
Vilet Torrez has been missing since the end of March.

April 15, 2012

Torrez was reported missing at the end of March. After executing a search warrant at her home and checking surveillance video of the neighborhood, police still have no leads.

Torrez's family said they feared for her safety even before she disappeared.

"My mom has always had a mother's intuition," said Torrez's sister Nayiva Blanco. "Now that I look back, I keep thinking to myself 'Why didn't I pay attention?' The last thing she said was 'Do you want me to wait until I can't help her any more? Do you want me to wait until she gets killed?'"

They said the responsible employee and mother would have never disappeared willingly.

The Florida Department of Children and Families has temporarily removed the kids from her estranged husband Cid Torrez's custody after a family member made a confidential call to the Florida Abuse Hotline fearing the man would try to hurt himself or the couple's children. The kids are currently staying with their maternal grandmother.
The family is also planning a candle light vigil for Torrez sometime this week.
Video at Link

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-missing-miramar-woman-developments-20120418,0,7866674.story

Investigators search for evidence of killing in case of missing Miramar woman

By Linda Trischitta, Sun Sentinel

10:07 p.m. EDT, April 18, 2012

The property of a missing Miramar woman and her husband were searched by investigators who obtained warrants based on a suspicion that a murder was committed, court documents state.

Vilet Patricia Torrez, 38, was last seen at her Harbour Lakes townhome the afternoon of March 30. She was reported missing by her husband, Cid Torrez, on April 2.

Cid Torrez has not been charged with any offense.

"He is considered a person of interest, and foul play is suspected in her disappearance," Miramar Police spokeswoman Tania Rues said about Cid Torrez. "However, detectives are still thoroughly investigating all possible scenarios."

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 10:40:55 AM »

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Vigil-For-Vilet-Torrez-at-Hialeah-Church-148769415.html

Vigil For Vilet Torrez at Hialeah Church
Family, friends are honoring the missing Miramar mother Tuesday evening at Casa Caná
By Steve Litz
|  Tuesday, Apr 24, 2012  |  Updated 10:52 PM EDT

Family and friends of Vilet Torrez came together Tuesday evening for a candlelight vigil in honor of the Miramar mother of three, who has been missing since March 30.

"We just thought it would be good to get her name out there and to actually have an event that people could come and pay their respects and sort of, I don't know if say goodbye would be the right term, but sort of feel at peace with what's happening,” said her brother, Javier Blanco.

He said he is trying to be strong for his parents.

"I can't even begin to try to understand what their perspective is like and what they're going through – losing, or thinking about the possibility of losing a daughter,” Blanco said.

More than 100 people attended the vigil at Torrez’s church, Casa Caná at 480 E. 8th Street in Hialeah, which began at about 6:30 p.m. Casa Caná was her favorite place on Earth, her friends and family say.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 10:08:03 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/27/vilet-patricia-torrez_n_1459678.html?ref=topbar

Missing Mom Vilet Torrez's Brother Says He Suspects His Sister's Estranged Husband (EXCLUSIVE)

The brother of Vilet Patricia Torrez, a Florida mother of three who has been missing for four weeks, said he believes his sister's estranged husband is involved in her disappearance.

Javier Blanco, 32, told The Huffington Post he is convinced something bad happened to his sister and that her estranged husband was involved.

"We had been telling her for years to watch her back," Blanco said. "We said, 'This guy is going to hurt you.' In my mind, my gut feeling is that he was involved in some way ... Given the past threats, it's very easy for me to assume he had something to do with her disappearance."

Torrez, 38, of Miramar, had been separated from her husband of 15 years, Cid Torrez, for about three months when she disappeared.

"They were on and off for about a year and a half before that," Blanco said. "When she finally took away the keys to the house, there were death threats [and] he told her that her kids were going to grow up orphans. These were all telltale signs that somebody was going to do something crazy."

Cid Torrez's lawyer, Richard Della Fera, is adamant that his client never threatened or harmed his estranged wife.

"These accusations that he beat her are not true. These accusations that he had something to do with her disappearance are not true," the attorney told HuffPost Friday.

Tania Rues, public information officer for the Miramar Police Department, said investigators have not classified Cid Torrez as a suspect, but he is considered a "person of interest" in his wife's disappearance. Rues declined to elaborate on the reason for the classification.

"It is an ongoing investigation, and investigators are not going to comment on the details," she said.

Vilet Torrez was last seen by a friend she met for dinner on the night of March 30. Authorities have declined to comment on where Torrez went for dinner and will not release the name of the person she was with. Torrez's movements after the dinner are also unknown, but the vehicle she was driving was later found at her residence in the 12900 block of Southwest 28th Court, a gated community off Miramar Parkway.

Torrez was scheduled to work March 31 at her bath remodeling job with Bath Fitter in Doral, but she did not show up or call in.

"According to her supervisor, that was uncharacteristic of her," Rues said. "She is very reliable and responsible ... Obviously, everything points to foul play."

On April 2, Cid Torrez, who had a weekend visitation with the couple's two sons and their daughter, who are between 4 and 12 years old, reported his estranged wife missing.

Blanco said he is suspicious of Torrez's actions prior to the filing of the police report.

"He was at her house that night," Blanco said. "He had not slept at that house for three months and that one night that he chose to be there, my sister went missing. I guarantee you my sister was not expecting him to sleep over at all. Then he took three days to report her missing, which is really sketchy to me. He knew she had to work that weekend, and he didn’t say anything. I still haven't gotten a clear answer as to why that happened."

Della Fera said his client had good reason to be at the residence and claims the Torrezes were in the process of getting back together.

"They had separated, [but] they were making efforts to [save] the marriage," Della Fera said. "They were reconciling their differences and, quite frankly, Vilet was the one who indicated she wanted to reconcile. So, any characterization that Vilet was trying to end the marriage and Cid was upset about that is not true."

According to his lawyer, Torrez has a solid alibi for the period when his wife disappeared.

"He was with his brother and the children all day [and] into the early evening, from March 30 to March 31," Della Fera said. "He picked up his brother, they all went to movies together, [and] they had dinner at an IHOP. Cid's brother was with him a large part of the evening [and] into the morning. We just spoke with police yesterday about that."

Blanco said he does not believe his sister left on her own.

"She would never leave her kids, her home or her family," he said. "She is extremely responsible [and] extremely religious. We're a small immigrant family. We're all from Nicaragua. She is very bright. She graduated with honors from high school and won a scholarship to college. She graduated from the University of Miami with a marketing degree. She attends church regularly and is an incredible, caring mother. My sister is a role model to me and to the family."

According to Della Fera, police have searched Cid Torrez's home, phone and car. They have also obtained hair and saliva samples. He said they have fully cooperated with the investigation.

"My client has not been arrested," he said. "He has been cooperating with the police department."

It is unknown if police have searched Cid Torrez's place of business. According to Blanco, he is manager of the Dania Beach branch of Continental Carbonic Products, Inc. According to the company's website, they specialize in manufacturing and distributing dry ice and liquid carbon dioxide. The company services a variety of industries, including meat and poultry packing, industrial cleaning, and blood and plasma services.

::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 05:15:03 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/30/vilet-torrez-missing-case-cadaver-dog-canal_n_1465666.html

Vilet Torrez Case: Police Cadaver Dog Searches Miami-Dade Canal For Missing Miramar Mom (VIDEO)

A cadaver dog was spotted searching a Miami-Dade canal on Monday for the body of missing Miramar mom Vilet Torrez.

Police officers from Miramar, Davie, Miami-Dade County, the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement were on scene at the C-9 Canal -- also known as Snake Creek Canal -- in an area where it cuts through the southern end of Miramar.

The officers are members of Miami-Dade Fire Rescue's multi-agency Urban Search and Rescue Florida Task Force 1, of which a Miramar officer and his cadaver dog are members. A police diver was seen on board a Davie police boat with the cadaver dog, which is trained to find submerged or buried bodies.

"They're trained to find the odor and then alert to it when they smell it," Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office K-9 handler Julianna Martinez told Local10. "The odor, when it's underwater, it's gases, so it rises to the top, so they can smell it on the top of the water. The same with underground: it will come through whatever the medium is that it's under, rocks or dirt or whatever."

The department is conducting similar searches using dogs in other locations, according to CBS Miami, and Task Force 1 told HuffPost Miami that 2 of their dogs were currently assigned to searches in Miramar.

"I got a call from one of her friends telling me that they were searching for her at a canal and it kind of hit me really hard because I know it has been a month, but you don't want to lose hope," sister Nayiva Blanco told MSNBC. "And when you hear stuff about canals, nothing good comes out of that."

Investigators believe Torrez, who was last seen March 30, has been the victim of foul play and describe her estranged husband Cid Torrez, from whom she separated three months ago, as a person of interest.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 12:26:12 PM »

Police, Dogs Continue Search For Missing Miramar Mother

MIAMI (CBS4) – Miramar Police continued searching waterways in the city Tuesday. Police would not confirm exactly what they were looking for but the searches took place just minutes from the home of missing mother Vilet Torrez.

Torrez has been missing for a month. She was last seen inside her home and suspicion has fallen on her husband, Cid, who family members say Vilet was planning to divorce.

Police believe foul play is involved. CBS 4 News first revealed last month that Cid Torrez is considered a person of interest in the case. Search warrants obtained by CBS 4 New show that Cid Torrez provided DNA and hair samples to police as well as his fingerprints

Javier Blanco said his family cannot stop thinking about strange comments Cid Torrez made over the years about his wife.

“He told my mother that she was dead and that he sold a truck by telling the person who was buying it that she was dead and he needed to pay for her burial,” Blanco said. “These are things that normal husbands don’t do.”

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/05/01/police-dogs-continue-search-for-missing-miramar-mother/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 12:27:32 PM »

Missing woman's friend: We pray for a miracle
Police search Miramar waterways for Vilet Torrez

MIRAMAR, Fla. - As crime scene investigators and dive crews scoured a Miramar lake Tuesday for evidence in the disappearance of Vilet Torrez, her brother, sister-in-law and friend stopped to observe the search.

The lake near Interstate 75 and Miramar Parkway was the fourth waterway Miramar police officers and members of the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue multiagency Urban Search and Rescue South Florida Task Force has searched in the past two days.

The officers were using K-9s specially trained to detect buried or submerged human remains as they continued to investigate disappearance of Torrez, 38, who has not been seen since March 30.

http://www.local10.com/news/Missing-woman-s-friend-We-pray-for-a-miracle/-/1717324/12408462/-/yyhtv3z/-/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 02:30:34 PM »

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Custody-Hearing-for-Children-of-Missing-Miramar-Woman-150945165.html
Custody Hearing for Children of Missing Miramar Woman
Father seeking full custody of children of Vilet Torrez

By Donna Rapado, Diana Gonzalez and Brian Hamacher
May 10, 2012

The estranged husband of a Miramar woman who went missing in March was in a Broward County courtroom Thursday to ask a judge to dismiss a temporary custody order that would give his three kids back to him full time.

The children of Cid Torrez were temporarily removed from his custody by the court last month, days after their mother, Vilet Torrez, went missing.

On Thursday, Judge Susan Lebow set a dependency trial date of May 29 in the case and said the children will remain with Vilet Torrez's parents, who were given custody of them last month.

Cid Torrez will be allowed more supervised visits, including later this month for two of the children's birthdays. His parents will also be allowed supervised visits, Lebow said.

The judge's initial decision to remove the children from their father's custody was made after a confidential call was made to the Florida Abuse Hotline, according to Florida Department of Children and Families spokesman Mark Riordan.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.