March 28, 2024, 11:58:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #45 1/1/14 - 8/8/2015  (Read 594514 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: May 30, 2014, 12:15:33 PM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: May 31, 2014, 11:00:03 AM »

Fundraiser planned to pay for new Kyron search
May 29, 2014

MEDFORD -- A fundraiser will be held this Sunday to help pay for a private search in June for Kyron Horman, who was last seen June 4, 2010 at Skyline Elementary School in Portland.

The car wash fundraiser will in the lot of the Old Home Federal Bank, 295 East Barnett Road, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., according to Kyron's mother Desiree Young.

100 percent of the proceeds will go towards the Justice for Kyron Search Fund, she said. Donations can also be made online at the Justice for Kyron Horman gofundme website.

Young said she could not yet disclose the Portland-area location of the search scheduled for the weekend of June 21st.

<snipped>

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/kyron-horman-missing-desiree-young-search-fundraiser-261131691.html

FOOD FOR THOUTH

Raw: Desiree Young speaks about Kyron Horman search
September 1, 201

VIDEO EXCERPT (5:15)

Reporter: How much involvement has LE had in the weekend's search.

Desiree: I cannot go into detail and don't want to quote for them but I NEVER DO ANYTHING WITHOUT TALKING TO THEM ... WITHOUT CONSULTING THEM.

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Raw-interview-Desiree-Young--222019741.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: May 31, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »

It has been four years (June 4, 2010) and nine years (May 30, 2005)  respectively since Desiree Young and Beth Holloway received "that dreaded phone call".  Without God ... without purpose ... how could these mothers face each day without their children ... with the not knowing?

Janet

+++++++

THAT DREADED PHONE CALL

Desiree Young:

"I got a phone call from the school, and she said, ‘Is this Desiree Young?' And I said, `Yes it is.' And she said, `You're listed as the emergency notification for Kyron Horman?' And I said, `Yeah, he's my son. What could I do?' And she said, `I have to notify you, he's missing.' And for a split second I thought it was a joke, and I said, `What?' She said, `He's missing.' I said, `I don't understand. How could he be missing?' " - Dateline, Little Boy Lost

Beth Holloway:

"I'm the parent who got the dreaded call.  The parent no one wants to be.  The one whose phone rang out of the blue in the middle of the day, and the voice on the other end said, "Your daughter is missing."  I never imagined that would be "that parent," living an endless nightmare in front of the whole world.  But was, and I still am, because I will always search for her.  I will forever be Natalee's mom." - Loving Natalee

FAITH AND PURPOSE

Desiree Young:

"I have full confidence that God will reveal all and then we will be able to bring Kyron home. He is not ready for us to know everything yet, but soon he will. We must learn from all that is going on as hard as it is, God teaches us through the hard times in our lives. And man is this one of those hard times, the hardest ever. We must honor Kyron by doing something good with it and that is what I intend to do. Thank you all for your support and thoughts." - Team Desiree

Beth Holloway:

"All my life I've heard people of many faiths talk about "taking it to the cross and turning it over to the Lord" or just simply "turning it over.  Not the work that has to be done.  Just the burden.  I cast it upon Him so that I may be sustained.  And I am renewed, resilient.  Thankful for however long this resurgence in energy will carry me.  I will pick up one foot and put it down.  Then the other one will follow.  I will breathe.  There is much to be done." - Loving Natalee

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: May 31, 2014, 12:19:10 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: June 01, 2014, 11:27:18 AM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: June 01, 2014, 05:43:33 PM »

Fundraiser for Kyron Horman Search
June 1, 2104

MEDFORD, Ore. — Kyron Horman disappeared nearly four years ago, but the search is still ongoing. This morning, you can help continue the search for him by getting a car wash.

The car wash fundraiser is happening from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Old Federal Bank in front of Winco on Barnett Road in Medford.

All of the proceeds will go to the Justice for Kyron Search Fund.

http://www.kdrv.com/fundraiser-for-kyron-horman-search/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: June 01, 2014, 09:57:39 PM »

Kelly Davidson Ramirez - Kyron's Aunt - June 1, 2014

Updated posted by Kelly Davidson Ramirez 56 mins ago

Huge success at our Medford car wash today raising $1748 for our upcoming June 21st search!! Thank you so much to all of our friends and family that worked like crazy washing cars today, and all of our TNT cheer family! Especially my sister, Jay, for helping me so much with the coordinating. We couldn't have done it without you.

To all our volunteers and supporters: Thank you for giving Kyron a special place in your heart, making him important, and helping us in the search to bring him home. You will never know how much that means to me and my family!

Kyron: We promise we will find you! We will never stop!

Auntie Kelly

http://www.gofundme.com/kyronhorman

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: June 01, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »

REMINDER

Fundraiser planned to pay for new Kyron search
May 29, 2014

<snipped>

Young said she could not yet disclose the Portland-area location of the search scheduled for the weekend of June 21st.

<snipped>

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/kyron-horman-missing-desiree-young-search-fundraiser-261131691.html

Raw: Desiree Young speaks about Kyron Horman search
September 1, 2013

VIDEO EXCERPT (5:15)

Reporter: How much involvement has LE had in the weekend's search.

Desiree: I cannot go into detail and don't want to quote for them but I NEVER DO ANYTHING WITHOUT TALKING TO THEM ... WITHOUT CONSULTING THEM.

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Raw-interview-Desiree-Young--222019741.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: June 02, 2014, 12:13:42 AM »

Kyron Horman’s Family Holds Car Wash
June 1, 2014

MEDFORD, Ore. —  It has been almost four years since a young boy disappeared from his Portland elementary school.

Despite extensive search efforts, Kyron Horman has never been found, but his mother is not giving up.

June 4th marks the four year anniversary of Kyron Horman’s disappearance, but his mother Desiree Young said not a day goes by that she doesn’t think about her beloved son.

For the past few weeks, Young has been having putting on car wash fundraisers throughout the state, raising money for an independent nonprofit search team out of Florida.

The team will come in and search a newly identified area in Portland.

“They have a lot of specialized equipment for the searches,” said Young.

“They are very well experienced with searches, and they have dog teams and people they know locally.”

The past four years have not been easy for the family.

“I guess we were kind of expecting a little bit more.. you know but we don’t get any information, and progress really hasn’t been made over a long span of this time,” said Richard Davidson, Kyron’s grandpa.

“It’s hard… we do whatever it takes though to keep moving forward and keep looking for him and not stop,” said Kelly Ramirez, Kyron’s aunt.

Relentlessly searching for answers, communities across Oregon have been supporting Kyron’s family every step of the way.

“There was such a huge amount of response for Kyron in the very beginning and now four years later,” said Young.

Donning bracelets and buttons with Kyron’s name, the family said they will never give up hope that their little Kyron is still alive and will one day return home.

<snipped>

VIDEO:
http://www.kdrv.com/car-wash-for-kyron-horman/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: June 02, 2014, 12:36:32 AM »

Mother Hopes Car Wash Funds Will Help Find Her Son
Sunday, June 1 2014, 10:16 PM CDT

MEDFORD, Ore.-A car wash was held Sunday afternoon to raise funds for the search for Kyron Horman.

Wednesday marks the fourth anniversary of the day investigators say the boy was dropped off at his Portland elementary school and was never seen again.

Detectives say Kyron's stepmother at the time he went missing, Terri, was the person Kyron was last seen with.

"The fact that we're even here is disgusting. I have a real hard time with the fact that we know who did this and we're still, four years later and don't have answers because she refuses to talk," said Kyron's mother, Desiree Young.

The next search is scheduled to start June 20.

Young said the cost last time two dog teams were flown in from Florida to look for clues was $10,000.

http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ktvl_vid_12592.shtml

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: June 02, 2014, 08:49:13 AM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: June 04, 2014, 11:11:10 AM »

JUNE 4, 2010

Desiree Young:

"I got a phone call from the school, and she said, ‘Is this Desiree Young?' And I said, `Yes it is.' And she said, `You're listed as the emergency notification for Kyron Horman?' And I said, `Yeah, he's my son. What could I do?' And she said, `I have to notify you, he's missing.' And for a split second I thought it was a joke, and I said, `What?' She said, `He's missing.' I said, `I don't understand. How could he be missing?' " - Dateline, Little Boy Lost

Four years later: Kyron Horman still missing
June 4, 2014, 6:51 am

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN 6) —- On June 4, 2010, Kyron Horman, a 7-year-old boy, walked into his elementary school excited to show off a science project on the red-eyed tree frog. Four years later, the boy remains missing, and no one has ever been arrested.

A photo of Kyron, with a wide smile, wearing a black CSI tee-shirt, standing inside his classroom, with his science poster behind him, is the last known photo of the second grader.

Officials said Kyron’s stepmother, Terri Moulton-Horman, was the last person to see the boy alive on the morning of June 4, 2010. Six hours passed before Kyron was reported missing.

The state launched its largest ever search for a missing child within hours of his disappearance.

<snipped>

Four years later, weathered signs and stuffed animals remain wrapped with blue ribbon at the Wall of Hope, which was constructed outside Skyline School in Northwest Portland shortly after Kyron’s disappearance. In August 2011, the wall was moved to Beaverton, Ore., where it stands at the parking lot of The Edge Gym.

Recently, officials with the sheriff’s office said they continue to work with their investigative partners, including the district attorney’s office, and work through leads and gather new information. The case remains a high priority for the sheriff’s office.

http://koin.com/2014/06/04/four-years-later-kyron-horman-still-missing/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: June 04, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »

Desiree Young on Terri Horman: 'She still hasn't told us where she was that day'
Posted: Jun 04, 2014 7:42 AM PDT

MEDFORD, OR (KPTV) - The mother of Kyron Horman, who vanished from a Portland school four years ago and has never been seen since, says stepmother Terri Horman failed three lengthy polygraph tests when questioned by investigators about the boy's disappearance.

Terri Horman quickly became a focus of the investigation into Kyron Horman's case, but police have still not made any arrests since starting the search for Kyron Horman on June 4, 2010.

Desiree Young, Kyron Horman's biological mother, said her mission is to keep the pressure on Terri Horman by sharing new details about the case, and she shared these new details without the blessing of investigators.

"They might be upset with me. And you know, I would like them to sit in my shoes and walk the walk and be here four years later," she said.

In the days following the 2010 disappearance of the 7-year-old boy after a school science fair, both sets of Kyron Horman's parents took polygraph tests.

Young said her polygraph session started with these four questions:

Do you know where Kyron Horman is?
Were you with Kyron after 8:45 in the morning?
Do you have direct involvement or any indirect knowledge of Kyron's kidnapping?
And again, do you know where Kyron Horman is?
Young said Terri Horman "failed a lot of questions that they asked her," and that she failed three polygraph tests, each nearly 10 hours long.

"She was saying what her response was and trying to justify what her timeline was and trying to justify why she failed that question," Young said. "That is a glaring example of someone who's guilty."

<snipped>

Young and her supporters have visited the home to protest Terri Horman's continued silence.

"She still hasn't told us where she was that day and why she's unaccounted for for about two hours of time," she said.

Young is also holding car wash fundraisers to pay for independent searchers like one that took place last fall. She knows resources are stretched thin, but she's frustrated with Multnomah County investigators.

She claimed the sheriff's office turned away offers for outside help, but a sheriff's office spokesman said that's not true.

"When you get egos involved and you start not accepting help from other agencies because your ego might get bruised if they solve the case, you're shooting yourself in the foot," Young said.

Young said four years without answers and without her son have been a nightmare, and she refuses to be in this same position in another four years.

"They're not going to prosecute Terri until they find Kyron. And that's why it's my mission. I am going to find answers. I am going to find Kyron if I have to do it myself," she said.

Terri Horman has never been charged in the case or even called an official suspect.

Multnomah County officials said Kyron Horman's case is still active and they cannot comment on it.

VIDEO:
http://www.kptv.com/story/25691574/desiree-young-on-terri-horman-she-still-hasnt-told-us-where-she-was-that-day

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: June 04, 2014, 11:34:41 AM »

Portland school security much improved four years after Kyron Horman's disappearance
Jun 04, 2014 7:02 AM PDT

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -
Four years ago, Kyron Horman went to school like any other day.

Before class on the morning of June 4, 2010, Kyron Horman's stepmother, Terri Horman, walked him to a science fair inside Skyline School. She took a photograph of the smiling 7-year-old, but that was the last time he was seen.

His disappearance set off the largest search in state history. It also sparked major changes in security at Portland Public Schools, Oregon's largest school district.

Visitors can only enter schools through the front door and all side doors are locked. All parents and volunteers must sign in at the office and wear a badge, and all staff members carry two-way radios.

In addition, all 78 schools in the district will have surveillance cameras by this fall.

<snipped>

Kaine Horman, Kyron Horman's father, said he's satisfied with the security changes, and he plans to send his daughter to kindergarten at Skyline School in the fall.

Meanwhile, he remains hopeful and prepared for his son to come home any day.

"I take very conscious steps to keep things up to date," Kaine Horman said. "Every year, when we go back-to-school shopping, I always get him new clothes and put them in his room. It's a progressive thing, but I've let his room live and breathe just like any other element of our lives."

On the fourth anniversary of his son's disappearance, he's asking others to be vigilant and keep an eye out for his son's face.

"It's just another 365-day marker of him still being gone and counting and we've got a lot to do," he said. "We are not stopping until we find him."

Kaine Horman is involved in a number of local events to boost child safety and raise awareness about missing children.

http://www.kptv.com/story/25691021/portland-school-security-much-improved-four-years-after-kyron-hormans-disappearance

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: June 04, 2014, 11:37:21 AM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: June 04, 2014, 12:17:18 PM »

Desiree Young - June 4, 2014

"They're not going to prosecute Terri until they find Kyron. And that's why it's my mission. I am going to find answers. I am going to find Kyron if I have to do it myself."

http://www.kptv.com/story/25691574/desiree-young-on-terri-horman-she-still-hasnt-told-us-where-she-was-that-day

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: June 04, 2014, 12:47:17 PM »

Kyron Horman: Boy disappeared 4 years ago from school outside Portland
June 04, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Exactly four years ago, Kyron Horman proudly stood in front of his red tree frog project in the science fair at his school outside Portland. It was morning and his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, was there, snapping the picture.

He later disappeared, mysteriously vanishing from Skyline School at the age of 7. Multnomah County Sheriff's officials mounted a massive search but found no evidence of an abduction or violence. Suspicions, however, fell on Moulton Horman, who was grilled by detectives and put through lie detector tests.

<snipped>

Kyron's parents have not given up hope.

"Nothing's changed," Kaine Horman said. "I'm very hopeful of finding him and bringing him home."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2014/06/kyron_horman_boy_missing_4_yea.html

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: June 04, 2014, 07:57:03 PM »

Four years...hoping Kyron is found and brought home soon...it's been too long!  an angelic monkey
Thank you, Tamikosmom, for your unfailing dedication to Kyron and for the updates and analysis! 
Justice for Kyron!   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: June 04, 2014, 11:14:07 PM »

Kaine Horman awarded custody of daughter; Terri Horman to have strictly-supervised visits eventually
June 04, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Kaine Horman has been awarded the custody of his daughter, Kiara, and ex-wife Terri Moulton Horman will have strictly supervised visits with the girl under a detailed "reintegration plan,'' according to a settlement signed Tuesday.

The plan calls for Kiara Ariel Horman, 5, to be enrolled in counseling with a developmental specialist "willing to facilitate the child's relationship with Mother,'' the settlement said.

Terri Horman's initial contact will the couple's daughter will be through an exchange of letters and cards, progress to videoconferencing and then supervised visits. The visits will not exceed twice a month.

The settlement was reached a week before the two parents were set to argue for custody before a Multnomah County Circuit Court judge and a day before the fourth anniversary of  the disappearance of Kaine Horman's son, 7-year-old Kyron Horman.

<snipped>

Kiara was a toddler then. Terri Horman hasn't seen her since shortly after her stepson vanished, barred by a restraining order filed by Kaine Horman and later by a civil order. Kaine Horman moved out of their home and filed for the restraining order after he said investigators alerted him that Terri Horman had solicited a landscaper to kill him months before Kyron's disappearance.

No arrests have been made in the boy's disappearance or in the alleged murder-for-hire plot. Investigators have found no sign of Kyron. The parents' divorce was finalized this past New Year's Eve.

Under the custody settlement, Terri Horman is to participate in parent training with a "knowledgeable instructor.''

A professional supervisor will set detailed expectations for "rules, boundaries and safeguards'' of Terri Horman's visits with Kiara to allow for "structured and sensitive contact,"  according to the court documents released Wednesday.

Oversight of Terri Horman's reunification with her daughter will be managed by a parent coordinator named Billie Bell, who was appointed with both parents' agreement. The cost of the  coordinator will be divided equally between Terri Horman and Kaine Horman, the court records said. Bell shall be appointed to start serving as parent coordinator within 45 days of the settlement.

Terri Horman's initial contact with Kiara will be limited to one to two hours before progressing to longer visits "as warranted by Kiara's response,'' the settlement said.

Frequency of the mother-daughter visits will not exceed two a month "to minimize disruption to Kiara's regular activities and daily routines.'' Other accommodations will be made for special events and holidays, according to the court records.

"Although Mother's involvement with Kiara should remain supervised until she is available to participate in direct assessment of her psychological functioning and parenting capacity, her access may extend to community visits if the arrangement is in Kiara's best interests,'' the settlement says.

As part of Kiara's counseling, the sessions shall also address "Kyron's status, blended family issues and kindergarten transition.'' Kiara is set to start kindergarten at Skyline School in the fall. Her father is expected to select a counselor for his daughter within 60 days of the settlement order.

The fact that Kaine Horman has been awarded sole custody of their daughter does not prevent Terri Horman from inspecting and consulting with staff of the school Kiara attends, "to inspect and receive governmental agency and law enforcement records concerning the child,'' consult with her doctors or authorize health care for the child, or apply to be the girl's "conservator, guardian ad litem or both,'' the court records say.

But Terri Horman is still prohibited from entering or getting within 150 feet of Kaine Horman's and Kiara's home on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road in Portland, his office at Intel Corp. in Hillsboro, The Edge Gym where he works out, or Skyline Elementary School.

Further, Terri and Kaine Horman are not allowed within 150 feet of each other, except as recommended by the parent reunification coordinator.

If both parents arrive at a store or event, the second to arrive must immediately leave, they've been instructed.

Terri Horman also is prohibited from entering or removing Kiara from her current or future day-care provider or future school.

The settlement was signed by Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Henry Kantor, Kaine Horman's lawyer Brett Engel and Terri Horman's lawyer Peter Bunch on Tuesday.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2014/06/kaine_horman_awarded_custody_o.html

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/Horman-custody.pdf

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: June 04, 2014, 11:19:58 PM »

Kyron Horman's mother pledges to never give up searching for her son on the 4th anniversary of his disappearance
June 04, 2014

Kyron Horman's mother, Desiree Young, posted a Facebook message Wednesday morning, the fourth anniversary of her son's disappearance, promising a private search for the missing boy later this month.

<snipped>

Here's Young's full message posted on the Facebook page  "Missing Kyron Horman."

As I sit here in the silence of our home, my mind wanders to Kyron. I miss all of the giggles that have filled our home since he was born. The smiles that Kyron gives us are infectious and I am a different person without them to brighten my days. I need my Kyron home so that I can smile again. I miss him even more today.

I will never give up looking for Kyron, I will never stop, and I promise all of my Kyron supporters....

I will find my Kyron.

I don't want to be here in another year and certainly not in another four years either. I pray God look over us and help us have a successful search on the 20th, 21st & 22nd. I want to thank everyone who donated to help us bring in Klaas Kids to head up the search.

Now let's bring Kyron home!

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2014/06/kyron_hormans_mother_pledges_t.html

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.