March 28, 2024, 08:43:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #45 1/1/14 - 8/8/2015  (Read 594432 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #860 on: June 03, 2015, 04:26:00 PM »

Kyron Horman candlelight vigil planned on 5th anniversary
June 1, 2015

The mother of Kyron Horman is planning a candlelight vigil on the 5th anniversary of her young son's disappearance.

The vigil will begin Thursday at 6:30 p.m., next to the Kyron Horman Wall of Hope, located at 16365 Northwest Twin Oaks Drive, in Beaverton. The boy's mother, Desiree Young and her husband, Tony Young both plan to speak at the event. Supporters can also bring items to place along the wall and balloons will be released before the lighting of the candles.

<snipped>

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local/kyron-horman/2015/05/28/kyron-horman-case-still-active-5-years-later/28085681/

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:03:23 PM by Tamikosmom » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: June 03, 2015, 04:28:52 PM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: June 03, 2015, 04:31:33 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: June 04, 2015, 09:54:04 AM »

KYRON'S DAD - FIVE YEARS LATER

Kaine Horman on Kyron, Terri, life after 5 years
June 4, 2015

It’s been five years since second grader Kyron Horman disappeared from Skyline Elementary School. To mark the anniversary, his father sat down with KOIN 6 News to discuss what’s changed since that day.

<snipped>

For Kyron’s father, Kaine Horman, June 4 is just another day.

“It’s not so much about June 4, necessarily. For us, it’s about the week after — June 12, July 10, August 2 — what are we doing on those days for him, in addition to living our lives with him integrated in,” Horman said. “So it’s still very much about what we have to do looking forward rather than any one given day.”

For the last 5 years, Horman has lived each moment believing his son will be found.

“I’d almost call it a belief,” he said. “Hope to me is good, but it’s also kind of uncertain.

<snipped>

Horman said he believes his ex-wife, Terri Moulton-Horman, was involved in his son’s disappearance.

“I think a lot of people feel the same way through the evidence. Not through a gut feel, but what we know about polygraph failures,” Horman explained. “She has told us, straight out, she’s failed those tests. No, they’re not admissible in court, but in the general discussion of things, they’re perfectly admissible. I know there’s involvement, we’re not going to get help down that path. I’ve just kind of left that behind a long time ago.”

<snipped>

http://koin.com/2015/06/04/kaine-horman-on-kyron-terri-life-after-5-years/

Five years later: Why Kyron Horman's dad believes his son is alive
June 3, 2015

A living artifact sits along Cornell Road in Beaverton.

It's the Kyron Horman Wall of Hope, adorned with teddy bears and ribbons and handwritten messages.

There are Valentine's Day gifts, Easter baskets and Christmas garland. Most of the items are worn and weather-beaten.

It would be easy to assume that for Kaine Horman, the hope his son will be found alive is fading like the mementos placed along the wall. For Kaine, it's the opposite. He's more optimistic than ever about Kyron's return.

"It's just exciting," he said. "It's a piece of our lives that's been missing for five years, just having him come home and do the family thing for the first time in a long time."

Thursday marks five years since 7-year-old Kyron Horman disappeared from his school in Northwest Multnomah County. Kaine explained the confidence he feels about reuniting with his son.

"I would call it a belief because to me hope is passive. Hope is, 'Gosh, I don't know what will happen, I sure hope it turns out well,' as opposed to, I believe he is alive. It's a much different statement," Kaine said.

<snipped>

Ironically, it's the absence of any major discovery in the case that has Kaine optimistic.

"They found no clues, they found nothing," Kaine said. "All the searches to date that I know of, both private and by the sheriff's office or the search and rescue teams... there's been no piece of evidence forensically linked to our case. So they found nothing. So he's not around here So the question is where is he?"

<snipped>

Kiara was 18 months old when Kyron disappeared, and she's only a year away now from being as old as Kyron was when he went missing. Yet Kaine said there's been no contact between Terri and her daughter.

"It tells me everything I need to know," said Kaine. "She's told us about the failed polygraphs. And when you fail two to three polygraphs, the percentages are really high. And when the questions are around your involvement with taking him from the school that day, I think we know. We all do."

<snipped>

http://www.katu.com/news/investigators/Five-years-later-why-Kyron-Hormans-dad-believes-hes-alive-305768091.html

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:17:27 PM by Tamikosmom » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: June 04, 2015, 11:31:34 AM »

KYRON'S MOM - FIVE YEARS LATER

Justice for Kyron Horman!

Lord~

I hope you are listening.

Each night when I go into his room, I see that he’s not here. When I close my eyes, I can see his face. I can still see the way he holds his hands. I can see his spiky hair and remember how it feels to touch it. I remember how it feels to hug him, I can hear his laughter in my head and him telling me, “Momma I love you.” I try to be strong and not cry, but as I think of him the tears fill my eyes.

I am down on my knees tonight and hoping that you are listening. My son needs your help. I hope that you can hear me. He is scared, if you can see him and know where he is; he needs your help to get home. I wish that I could take his place somehow, but what he really needs is to be home safe in my arms. It’s where he belongs; it’s where he is loved. I’ll fight for him every day, I will continue to search everywhere for him, but now I ask for your help. I don’t like who I am without him here.

I know the person that he is, I know the person that he wants to be, and I want to see him grow up with me. There are so many people praying for him, that I hope that he will come home, he must come home. I see all of the other missing children stories of the kids that get to come home and I pray that it’s Kyron’s turn. Kyron needs to be the one that gets to come home too.

Please help us end the silence, help us find him, and helps us get justice for him. Please help him find his way home. I will never give up looking for Kyron, I will never stop. This year we are ready for this to end, we are ready for the answers to come, we are ready!

Thank you,

Kyron’s Momma

https://www.gofundme.com/kyronhorman

'I still wake up crying and praying, hoping today will be the day'
Published: Jun 3, 2015

It's said that time heals all wounds. For Desiree Young, it's not worked out that way.

The pain she first felt five years ago when her son Kyron disappeared hasn't softened. If anything, her emotions are more ragged today, she said.

Tears flow often.

The gnawing hole inside hasn't filled, not even a little.

"It doesn't get easier with time," Young said. "I still wake up crying and praying, hoping today will be the day."

<snipped>

Young, who still lives in Medford, played a role in Southern Oregon's CART certification a year ago.

Her public engagements are part of her drive to help improve the response when children go missing, she said. They also help her navigate her own rough times.

"There's part of that that gets me through every day," Young said. "It's different than talking to a parent of a missing child. It gives you a different focus. It provides a little bit more of a feeling that I'm doing something to improve the future."

But Young bounces between despair and hope like a yoyo. She worries about straining her personal relationships, knowing that people can reach a point of saturation where they don't want hear again about the sorrow. She's still married to Tony Young, a major crimes detective with the Medford Police Department. Their relationship remains rock solid, she said.

"We made a pact," Young said. "We weren't going to give up on Quinn, my oldest son. We weren't going to give up on each other. And we weren't going to give up on Kyron."

<snipped>

http://www.kval.com/news/local/Kyron-Hormans-mom-It-doesnt-get-easier-with-time-305763801.html
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 03:08:58 PM by Tamikosmom » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #865 on: June 04, 2015, 12:04:37 PM »

Five years later: Vigil tonight to bring Kyron Horman home
Published: Jun 4, 2015

Today marks the fifth anniversary since Kyron Horman vanished from his elementary school in Northwest Portland. ....

Tonight at 6:30 a vigil to bring Kyron home will be held at the Wall of Hope in Beaverton near Xtreme Edge Gym at 16365 N.W. Twin Oaks Drive.

Kyron’s mother, Desiree Young and stepfather are scheduled to speak, and then they will release balloons.

Earlier, KATU spoke with Kyron’s father, Kaine, who said that it’s not about hope, but about belief. He believes he will see his son again.

<snipped>

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Five-years-later-Vigil-tonight-to-bring-Kyron-Horman-home-306210621.html
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:27:49 PM by Tamikosmom » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: June 04, 2015, 09:43:04 PM »

Candlelight vigil marks 5th year of Kyron Horman disappearance (live updates)
June 04, 2015

A crowd was gathering Thursday in Beaverton at the Wall of Hope to mark five years since Kyron Horman disappeared. ....

<snipped>
http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton/index.ssf/2015/06/candlelight_vigil_marks_5th_ye.html

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:48:36 PM by Tamikosmom » Logged

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: June 04, 2015, 10:39:51 PM »

Thinking of Kyron on this 5th Anniversary of his disappearance and hoping and praying for his return to his family.  an angelic monkey 

Thank you, Tamikosmom, for all the updates and your untiring dedication to find justice for Kyron!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: June 04, 2015, 10:51:07 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton/index.ssf/2015/06/candlelight_vigil_marks_5th_ye.html

Candlelight vigil marks 5th year of Kyron Horman disappearance (live updates)
on June 04, 2015 at 6:52 PM, updated June 04, 2015 at 7:01 PM

A crowd was gathering Thursday in Beaverton at the Wall of Hope to mark five years since Kyron Horman disappeared.

Desiree Young of Medford, the missing boy's mother, wore a T-shirt with a missing poster of her son on the front.

A new community search for Kyron is planned for sometime in September, Young said as she prepared for a candlelight vigil and balloon release at the wall, four 20-foot-long fences enclosing banners, stuffed animals, cards and other mementos left in honor of the missing 7-year-old.

June 4, 2015 Tweets
https://twitter.com/EvertonBailey

Everton Bailey Jr. ‏@EvertonBailey  · 2h2 hours ago   Beaverton, OR   
Desiree Young, #KyronHorman's mom, speaking to crowd, explaining her point of view of the day her son went missing.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: June 04, 2015, 10:53:43 PM »

It's hard to believe Kyron has been missing five years.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: June 04, 2015, 10:55:32 PM »

Hi Grace.  Thanks.

Five years!  I cannot imagine how Desiree and Kaine keep going.  Turning in each evening not knowing if their precious Kyron is dead or alive  ... safe or at risk ... it must be a literal h--- on Earth.  Could it be that God affords the strength and grace when it is required?

Good Night.

Janet

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:03:59 PM by Tamikosmom » Logged

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: June 04, 2015, 11:22:01 PM »

Hi Grace.  Thanks.

Five years!  I cannot imagine how Desiree and Kaine keep going.  Turning in each evening not knowing if their precious Kyron is dead or alive  ... safe or at risk ... it must be a literal h--- on Earth.  Could it be that God affords the strength and grace when it is required?

Good Night.

Janet

Janet...you're welcome.  So sad that it is 5 loooong years already, and it seems that the end is not near.  Such a complicated case.   

God is good, and I believe that He provides strength and grace to Desiree and Kaine to keep them going in their quest for answers and bringing Kyron home.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: June 04, 2015, 11:30:04 PM »

It's hard to believe Kyron has been missing five years.    

MuffyBee! 

I hope and pray that some concrete evidence is found soon.  It's tooo long already. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: June 05, 2015, 08:14:11 AM »

THE DEFINITION OF "BROKEN"

Kaine Horman - June 3, 2015

Desiree Young - June 4, 2015

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:30:43 PM by Tamikosmom » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: June 05, 2015, 08:21:16 AM »

Kyron's mom five years later: 'I'm bringing you home. Be strong. I’m coming'
Published: Jun 4, 2015

Thursday marked five years to the day that Kyron Horman, then 7 years old, vanished from his elementary school in Northwest Portland.

His mother, Desiree Young, remembers that late afternoon call on her cellphone like it was yesterday.

“’Well, I have to inform you he’s missing.’ I couldn’t believe what I was hearing,” she told KATU Thursday night shortly before a vigil dedicated to bringing Kyron home began. “If Kyron’s watching, I say to him, ‘I’m bringing you home. Be strong. I’m coming.’”

From almost the beginning investigators zeroed in on the last person to see him, Kyron’s stepmother Terri Horman. She took Kyron to school the day he vanished. But she has never been charged or named a suspect.

“She’s not been named a suspect just as a technicality – she’s definitely a person of interest,” Young said.

At the vigil held at Kyron’s Wall of Hope in Beaverton participants launched red balloons and hanged well-wishes.

<snipped>

Young has the same vision even after her son’s disappearance five years ago.

“Keep the hope. Keep looking for him,” she said. “I’m going to be here forever.”

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office is still offering a $50,000 cash reward for the tip that brings Kyron home.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Five-years-later-Vigil-tonight-to-bring-Kyron-Horman-home-306210621.html

« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:23:13 AM by Tamikosmom » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: June 05, 2015, 11:24:04 AM »

Five Years Later

Kyron parents still believe that Terri and Dede are behind the disappearance of their son..

Family, friends hold vigil for Kyron Horman 5 years after disappearance
Posted: Jun 04, 2015 9:26 PM PDT

<snipped>

Desiree says the day is about her son, but it's also about Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother and the last person cops said was with him.

Desiree's still convinced Terri is the one who took Kyron.

"Absolutely, without a doubt. With all my heart I know she did it. I think she was working with one, or possibly two people. But absolutely she did it," said Desiree.

<snipped>

http://www.kptv.com/story/29245636/family-friends-hold-vigil-for-kyron-horman-5-years-after-disappearance

5 years since Kyron Horman disappearance; search still going strong
June 4 2015

<snipped>

Both Young and Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, believe Terri Horman  had something to do with her stepson's disappearance.

So far she has not been labeled a suspect or person of interest.

"It wasn't a stranger that came into Kyron's school and took him. It was someone we knew in our trusted circle," said Young.

Kyron's parents believe someone else may have also been involved.

"We firmly believe that Terri has worked with people on this, had help after the fact," Young said.

"We need investigators to continue to focus on other avenues that might reveal who those person or persons are," said Kaine Horman.

<snipped>

http://kobi5.com/news/item/5-years-since-kyron-horman-disappearance-search-still-going-strong.html#.VXHBBc9Viko
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 06:12:43 PM by Tamikosmom » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: June 05, 2015, 12:16:19 PM »

DEDE'S ATTORNEY

When Dede's lack of testimony upon being called before the Grand Jury in 2010 is considered and ... when Dede's failure to answer any questions pertaining to Terri and her own whereabouts on the morning of June 4, 2010 upon being questioned by Desiree's attorney in the 2012 civil disposition is considered ... could it be that Chad Stavley was waiting patiently for the "powers that be" in the Kyron Horman investigation to offer his client immunity from prosecution in exchange for all that she knew and ... in 2013 it finally happened?

+++++

Chad Stavley - August 18, 2010

"I would be, frankly, surprised if Terri Horman did not eventually face charges in this case.  I'd be surprised if the indictment didn't come down."

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/20/11754848/
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:06:58 PM by Tamikosmom » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: June 05, 2015, 12:23:40 PM »

THE FINAL ANSWER?

The investigative hold up?  Where is Kyron?  Could it be that Terri, Dede and a child advocate participant chose not to be privy to the whereabouts of a secreted Kyron?

+++++

Desiree Young - September 2013

"I am 150 percent confident that Terri Horman should be charged in the case.  Maybe we haven't found Kyron yet but we have a lot of circumstantial evidence tying Terri to Kyron's disappearance. ...."

http://ijpr.org/post/kyron-horman-search-his-mother-continues

Desiree Young - June 21, 2014

“We have lots of evidence. We just don’t have that final thing, the final answer. It’s frustrating. It’s not a stranger that walked into Kyron’s school that took him. It was someone in our trusted circle. We know who has the answer, she just refuses to talk.”

http://koin.com/2014/06/21/volunteers-family-continue-search-for-kyron-horman/

Desiree Davidson Young - July 11, 2014

"DA's Office will prosecute for all of the murder for hire plots (oh yeah, there are several) as well as Kyron's kidnapping and subsequent charges for that, when we find Kyron. They want to hit her with both barrels, so it sticks, and she can't get off easy. Terri is going down and so are the people who have helped her along the way. ...."

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Kyron-Horman-Case-Turning-of-The-Tide/1428477140699516
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:02:23 PM by Tamikosmom » Logged

_____

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #878 on: June 05, 2015, 02:30:56 PM »

Hi Monkey Friends!!

It hurts my heart that 5 years later NOBODY is any closer to finding Kyron Horman.    Reviewing the coverages over the years ( Thanks Janet) it is really astounding  the amount of time,  personnel, investigative hours, coverages and court proceedings that have produced exactly not one scintilla of evidence as to his whereabouts ( Kaine).  I lost count,  but on BOC I logged somewhere in the neighborhood of over 40K posts on his case alone.

Not gonna lie.  I am so frustrated in this case I can spit.  Leading up to this 5 year "anniversary" both Desiree and Kaine appear completely divided with Kaine stating emphatically "there is somebody we don't know about, that LE has not identified that is involved."   With Desiree stating publicly last evening that she believes with every fiber of her being that Terri did it, and went on to emphatically and unambiguously accuse Dede Spicher of being involved as well with "potentially one other person."

So- I have to ask myself.  Since I know as an unequivocal fact, that Dede Spicher was NEVER considered a suspect by either the MCSO or the DA , and was subsequently cleared of any knowledge or any involvement through a polygraph after testifying before a grand jury- I have to ponder why in the world she would make those accusations continuously when she knows them to be false.  Say for the sake of argument one believes that maybe she was never told DDS was cleared- which I don't believe, but in this case- DA Rees was standing 3 feet away from her so why not just ask ( a bit of a reporter issue but you get the drift).

She dropped her suit against TH based on DDS testimony when the DA called her lawyer and advised him that after collectively dogging the woman for YEARS- she had no info, no involvement and since they seemed intent to hitch their wagon to that theory- they best know that DDS would now be WILLING to testify in the civil suit and would have the benefit of testifying that LE gave her that poly they were asking for after numerous and endless interviews she agreed to and she passed it.   

Fast forward to MCSO reminding the public to call in tips for the $50K reward.

As far as I can tell, the two people that have subjected themselves to more LE interviews in this case than anyone,  are the two that are dodging such hate and maligning they have freaks following them around and stalking them to the extent one cannot even work.  Who the hell thinks that is going to progress this investigation.  I find it laughable such comments " we will make your life hell" until you tell what you know."  Apparently,  they have both paid a very hefty price for doing just that so that reward flyer might as well say please call us so we can haunt your life and that of your loved ones because if you know something you must be connected to TH and if you are not we will create one because we are $3mill in the hole as it is, whats another $50K.

Here's a thought- how about if they want to progress leads and the publics help how about actually admitting that MCSO has revised it's investigative strategy and the impact their involvement had on the publics belief that BECAUSE TMH attempted to off her husband that therefore its just a skip to kill her child instead was a lie manufactured by MCSO with the help of a dejected gardener who was an illegal alien and in this country illegally.

Oh, and spoke almost no English to a woman who needs to read lips when not wearing her hearing device-  Rudy Sanchez Estrada was guaranteed by the DA he would not be deported in exchange for his laughable testimony, which btw,  resulted in the FAPA finally being 86'd.

But then I guess they would have to admit that from day one this investigation, which was really a SAR effort  started in the wrong direction and has been a circle ever since.   Dan Staton himself said his investigation was on the wrong track.   A grand jury returned a no true bill  ( they won't comment but I interviewed a source that was there)  So they just empaneled another one claiming to have "new investigative avenues" from earlier information.  That is because it is illegal to empanel a new gj just cause you didnt like the old,  that evidence is not usable. 

The dots are connecting you bet-  right back to this sham of an investigation that has yet to admit or disclose that there are multiple witnesses, children and adults that saw Kyron leave the South entrance with an unknown man after the exchange with Ms. Matthews  and did not see him again. (Kyron- none of my witnesses saw him or the man again or leaving the property)

I did not think I would end up echoing Kaine's sentiment anytime soon- but he is right- 5 years late, but on point.  "Le needs to focus on the one we have not identified."  There you have it folks.  The admission.   Why then,  doesn't MCSO release that info, that piece of data so people can revisit the day,  jog memories, create leads.    You can't find what you are looking for in a mushroom closet unless you're looking for mushrooms.

I truly believe that the only way this case can progress at all ( outside of Kyron being recovered) is if LE and their investigative agencies, re interview, provide a comprehensive and accurate timeline as a result and ask for the publics help.   It has worked in countless cold cases recently and there is plenty precedent for it.  Why don't they owe that to this little man?   

And if that doesn't move ya- what about the public safety element?   Transparency? 

Thanks for letting me rant.  Maybe that is good enough motivation for some to shut me up.  I don't like hearing like a broken record anymore than anyone else does lol
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #879 on: June 06, 2015, 11:45:14 PM »

Ahhhhh ... Blink has spoken!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.