March 19, 2024, 01:26:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 362694 times)
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2012, 08:47:27 PM »

State v. Zimmerman: Evidence released by prosecutor

Includes Trayvon Martin autopsy report, George Zimmerman medical report and other evidence related to the trial "State v. Zimmerman."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/93951121/State-v-Zimmerman-Evidence-released-by-prosecutor
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2012, 11:33:53 PM »

The truth is coming out in the evidence release and what do we hear.....crickets.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2012, 03:35:58 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/17/ijvm.01.html
CNN.com - Transcripts - Jane Velez-Mitchell - Issues

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

New Info Released in Trayvon Martin Case

Aired May 17, 2012

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2012, 09:05:48 AM »

If you go click on Mark's twitter link, you can read the tweets, including conversations, if you click on "expand".  Then you can see more exchanges of convo.  IMO we need facts, we need the truth, whether it fits our wants or our preconceived scenarios.  The death of a young man is a tragedy, but we need to know the facts surrounding it. Again, JMHO Start reading from bottom.

https://twitter.com/#!/MarkNejame

R.T. Woodall ‏@saleemjourney

@MarkNeJame~FACT is you made NO mention of #Trayvon being shot thru the heart by GZ. The only thing you made mention of was GZ scratches.

9h Mark NeJame Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame

@saleemjourney Respectfully, we know TM was killed.That is the sad but clear fact. What we didn't know was the pics/injuries to GZ that came

9h R.T. Woodall R.T. Woodall ‏@saleemjourney

@MarkNeJame w/all due respect sir, I ask that u state the WHOLE fact. Trayvon had a bullet lodged in his heart in addition to weed in body.

@saleemjourney Everyone knows that TM was killed by a bullet. Not the issue at hand. That would be like stating he was male. Weed new issue

@MarkNeJame as a highly skilled attorney you know just mentioning #trayvon had weed in his system is inflamitory. Just like GZ scratches.

@saleemjourney If u listen to me u would know I concluded that weed was likely irrelevant. U can't just pick & choose what u want to hear

@MarkNeJame I can respect that~but I don't respect you picking & choosing what you find most relevant in regards to TM having weed in system
e

@saleemjourney We're almost there. I don't think weed relevant. Only that his defense may try to show it was consistent w 911 call of drugs

10:37 PM - 17 May 12 via TweetDeck · Details

@AgRockB Weed is irrelevant to aggressiveness. Makes mellow. Could be consistent w GZ 911 tape stating TM looked drugged. That was point.

@saleemjourney OMG! 1 more time.TM death is tragedy.Weed in system likely not. But u can't just twist things to fit ur belief. Facts r facts

@saleemjourney If u listen to me u would know I concluded that weed was likely irrelevant. U can't just pick & choose what u want to hear

@saleemjourney Respectfully, no ma'am. We all knew he died. Knew GZ alleged injuries. Didn't know of weed. Don't think it a big deal tho.

@saleemjourney 5 minutes of a tv show doesn't allow one to cover all points. must deal with topic of the show. New info is what is discussed

@saleemjourney Everyone knows that TM was killed by a bullet. Not the issue at hand. That would be like stating he was male. Weed new issue

@NicNicinGA You're point was a good one and was helpful. Always need to be aware. Couldn't let the opportunity pass tho to get you back. Thx

@saleemjourney Respectfully, we know TM was killed.That is the sad but clear fact. What we didn't know was the pics/injuries to GZ that came

@JayCob20 I don't think TM was impaired.Point was that a defense atty may attempt to argue this as would be consistent w GZ 911 call comment

@saleemjourney Justice requires listening to facts & not only what u want to believe.TM death a tragedy but another would be a rush to judge

10h Mark NeJame Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame

@RPMcMurphy1 McMurphy would be insulted by ur faulty assessment. Youre not listening. I've explained that gun issue needs to be addressed.

12h Mark NeJame Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame

What new discovery in #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin case watch @DrDrewHLN @HLNTV & @PiersTonight at 9:00PM @CNN for latest!

14h Mark NeJame Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame

I'm on all night watch: @HLNTV @jvelezmitchell @DrDrewHLN & @CNN on @OutFrontCNN @PiersTonight #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

MT @OutFrontCNN Tune in 7:30p for latest on #TravyonMartin autopsy report. @MarkNeJame & Martin family attorney comes #outfront. #cnn

Watch at 7PM I'll discuss new discovery in #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin case w/@jvelezmitchell live on @HLNTV

15h Mark NeJame Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame

Discovery coming out in #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin case now. Reading, will be discussing all night on @CNN & @HLNTV

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2012, 09:59:29 AM »

He Said What? Zimmerman's Letter From Jail Before He Was Released (DETAILS)

Days before bonding out of a Florida jail, George Zimmerman wrote a two page letter to a supporter, which has now been released to the public.

Zimmerman believes, "this will all work out for me in the future...I have given my burden to the Lord and he has blessed me with tremendous patience!"

The two-page letter obtained by The Smoking Gun was written by Zimmerman in a response to a letter of support sent by an Ohio man who wanted to deposit money in his jail account.

STORY: Five Ways The Sanford Police F*cked Up The Trayvon Martin Case

Zimmerman explained that he was only allowed to accept funds from individuals on his approved list of visitors.

Zimmerman wrote:

"The best way to send your support is through prayer! If you insist on sending funds, the best way is through my website."

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/george-zimmermans-trayvon-martin-sanford-police-later-jail-details#ixzz1vEHAdrix

Copy of letter at link.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2012, 10:03:26 AM »

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/video.html?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/Trayvon-7-Eleven-0517.flv&vtitle=Trayvon%20Martin%20in%207-Eleven

Video of Martin at 7-11
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2012, 10:17:34 AM »

Drop George Zimmerman’s murder charge

A medical report by George Zimmerman’s doctor has disclosed that Zimmerman had a fractured nose, two black eyes, two lacerations on the back of his head and a back injury on the day after the fatal shooting. If this evidence turns out to be valid, the prosecutor will have no choice but to drop the second-degree murder charge against Zimmerman — if she wants to act ethically, lawfully and professionally.

There is, of course, no assurance that the special prosecutor handling the case, State Attorney Angela Corey, will do the right thing. Because until now, her actions have been anything but ethical, lawful and professional.

She was aware when she submitted an affidavit that it did not contain the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. She deliberately withheld evidence that supported Zimmerman’s claim of self-defense. The New York Times has reported that the police had “a full face picture” of Zimmerman, before paramedics treated him, that showed “a bloodied nose.” The prosecutor also had photographic evidence of bruises to the back of his head.

But none of this was included in any affidavit.

Now there is much more extensive medical evidence that would tend to support Zimmerman’s version of events. This version, if true, would establish self-defense even if Zimmerman had improperly followed, harassed and provoked Martin.

A defendant, under Florida law, loses his “stand your ground” defense if he provoked the encounter — but he retains traditional self-defense if he reasonably believed his life was in danger and his only recourse was to employ deadly force.

Thus, if Zimmerman verbally provoked Martin, but Martin then got on top of Zimmerman and banged his head into the ground, broke his nose, bloodied his eyes and persisted in attacking Zimmerman — and if Zimmerman couldn’t protect himself from further attack except by shooting Martin — he would have the right to do that. (The prosecution has already admitted that it has no evidence that Zimmerman started the actual fight.)

This is a fact-specific case, in which much turns on what the jury believes beyond a reasonable doubt. It must resolve all such doubts in favor of the defendant, because our system of justice insists that it is better for 10 guilty defendants to go free than for even one innocent to be wrongfully convicted.

You wouldn’t know that from listening to Corey, who announced that her jobs was “to do justice for Trayvon Martin” — not for George Zimmerman.

As many see it, her additional job is to prevent riots of the sort that followed the acquittal of the policemen who beat Rodney King.

Indeed, Mansfield Frazier, a columnist for the Daily Beast, has suggested that it is the responsibility of the legal system to “avert a large scale racial calamity.” He has urged Zimmerman’s defense lawyer to become a “savior” by brokering a deal to plead his client guilty to a crime that “has him back on the streets within this decade.”

But it is not the role of a defense lawyer to save the world or the country. His job — his only job — is to get the best result for his client, by all legal and ethical means.

Listen to the way a famous British barrister put it in 1820:

“An advocate, by the sacred duty which he owes his client, knows, in the discharge of that office, but one person in the world, that client and none other . . . Nay, separating even the duties of a patriot from those of an advocate, and casting them, if need be, to the wind, he must go on reckless of the consequences, if his fate it should unhappily be, to involve his country in confusion for his client’s protection.”

The prosecutor’s job is far broader: to do justice to the defendant as well as the alleged victim. As the Supreme Court has said: “The government wins . . . when justice is done.”

Zimmerman’s lawyer is doing his job. It’s about time for the prosecutor to start doing hers.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2885207/posts
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2012, 12:42:50 PM »

WOW~ I just watched the video of the 7-11 visit and I don't care what race anyone is, wearing a hoodie and granted I have plenty but don't wear the hood up, and can't imagine why someone would inside but nevertheless, it totally does make identification an issue on surveilance...I can promise you I will be all over my sons NOT to ever wear a hoodie up because it hides what the facial features are and in part of the video I couldn't even see his face...trust me if someone was walking down my street in a hoodie in the rain, I'd watch and follow in my car and as I have said earlier I have done this (sans the hoodie issue) with white teens I thought were drunk and knew didn't live here, more for a worry about drowing as it happens all the time. I was also confused at the reason why he got the tea/skittles, had it put in the bag and then went back after he was headed for the exit.....after reading everything I am shocked this was charged as it was and IMO should be thrown out of court on the 2nd degree charge. It's purely political and shows how ppl bow down to the Pc'ness and pressure, and that is damn scary IMO.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2012, 12:45:49 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trayvon-martin-autospy-report-indicates-struggle/2012/05/17/gIQAxw6HXU_story.html

Trayvon Martin documents reveal new details in shooting
Washington Post

Trayvon Martin autopsy indicates hand-
to-hand struggle with George Zimmerman

(snip)  Neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin from a very close range, according to documents a Florida prosecutor released Thursday that indicate a hand-to-hand struggle occurred before the teenager was killed.
A lab report, based on an examination of the two sweatshirts Martin was wearing, found holes and gunshot residue consistent with a “contact shot,” meaning the gun was pressed against Martin’s chest. An autopsy report said that the gunshot wound indicated he was shot from an “intermediate range,” which experts say is between one and 18 inches away.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2012, 12:56:52 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trayvon-martin-autospy-report-indicates-struggle/2012/05/17/gIQAxw6HXU_story.html

Trayvon Martin documents reveal new details in shooting
Washington Post

Trayvon Martin autopsy indicates hand-
to-hand struggle with George Zimmerman

(snip)  Neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin from a very close range, according to documents a Florida prosecutor released Thursday that indicate a hand-to-hand struggle occurred before the teenager was killed.
A lab report, based on an examination of the two sweatshirts Martin was wearing, found holes and gunshot residue consistent with a “contact shot,” meaning the gun was pressed against Martin’s chest. An autopsy report said that the gunshot wound indicated he was shot from an “intermediate range,” which experts say is between one and 18 inches away.

Weird that I saw NO injuries on GZ's hands and TM had no injuries except the knuckles that were scratched and the bullet wound.....if not for the gunshot, who got the beatdown? IMO, GZ did

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2012, 01:02:51 PM »

Trayvon Martin's mother to speak at Baltimore mega-church Sunday
Empowerment Temple says Sybrina Fulton, friend of local pastor, will share 'how she's coping' with son's killing

10:00 p.m. EDT, May 17, 2012
The mother of slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin will speak Sunday at a Baltimore mega-church about how she's coping with her son's death, according to the church's pastor.

Sybrina Fulton's appearance at Empowerment Temple Church in Northwest Baltimore will be her first in the city, and an opportunity for local parishioners to hear from "a mother who has grieved but still has strength," according to the Rev. Jamal-Harrison Bryant, who founded the 8,000-member church in 2000.

Martin, an African American 17-year-old, was shot in February in a gated community in Sanford, Fla., by Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman. The killing has received nationwide media attention and has sparked protests and rallies in Baltimore and across the country. Martin was unarmed and wearing a hoodie at the time, and many have argued he was the victim of racial profiling.

Bryant arranged Fulton's visit himself, after having developed a relationship with Martin's family in the past three months.

Last month, Bryant stood on a Florida stage with the family after Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder.

"Many said we were rabble-rousers and outside agitators," Bryant said at the family news conference at the time. "We are here because injustice is here. We are going to stay on this case until all of the Trayvon Martins across America have their place in the halls of justice."

Fulton's message Sunday will be especially poignant for those who have lost their own loved ones to violence, Bryant said.

"We've encouraged people within our congregation, if they know someone who has suffered a similar loss, to come on Sunday," he said.

Bryant first aligned himself with Martin's family shortly after the teen's death, when he was called down to Sanford by local pastors there, he said.

Bryant had gotten to know those pastors between 1995 and 2000, when he served under Kweisi Mfume as the national youth director for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, he said.

The pastors asked for his help because they knew he had "the history and the organization" to handle an influx of media and a bright spotlight, Bryant said.

Once in Sanford, Bryant met Benjamin Crump, the attorney for Martin's family (who will also be at Empowerment Temple on Sunday), and Crump introduced him to Fulton and Martin's father, Tracy Martin.

Bryant began ministering the grieving parents as they started traveling around the country asking for justice for their son — from Sanford to bigger cities like Miami, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.

"The more time we spent with each other the more we felt connected, and the more they said they had faith they could trust me," Bryant said. "We developed a legitimate friendship."

Bryant said he believed there was a new civil rights movement brewing — he's part of a coalition of African American clergy called the Empowerment Movement — to secure the safety, education and economic success of the nation's African American youth.

"We are moving the black church from the sidelines to the front lines to deal with relevant civil rights issues that affect the black community," he said.

He wants Fulton to speak to his congregation because her bravery in the face of her son's death is a powerful example of how to stand up to injustice, he said.

"Sybrina is going to serve as my generation's Rosa Parks, to really stand as a lamplight for the next movement in civil rights among the hip-hop generation," Bryant said.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-trayvon-martin-mother-20120517,0,5954721.story

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2012, 01:38:14 PM »

I think this is more than a bit of a reach.  JMHO  Once again, here is someone making this case into something for their own benefit.   

"Sybrina is going to serve as my generation's Rosa Parks, to really stand as a lamplight for the next movement in civil rights among the hip-hop generation," Bryant said.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-trayvon-martin-mother-20120517,0,5954721.story

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2012, 01:53:32 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/5/18/zimmerman_evidence.html

George Zimmerman's lawyer: 'We have to deal with what did happen'
Last Updated: Friday, May 18, 2012 @ 12:57PM

::snipping2::
The officers who first investigated the shooting scene said it might not have happened if Zimmerman would have stayed in his car, waited for police and identified himself as a concerned citizen.

But Friday morning, Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, reacted to police statements saying the situation could have been avoided.

"I understand the law enforcement perceptive that this was avoidable -- and quite honesty, in every life event or experience, we can go back to one of the premises and say had it not happened, had he not been going to the target store, had Trayvon Martin not been in the neighborhood had he not gotten out of his car," O'Mara told NBC's "Today" show Friday. "We have to deal with what did happen, and explain that properly and in a courtroom."
According to forensics reports, Zimmerman's DNA was found on the gun, except for the trigger. Another person's DNA was also found on the gun, but experts said could not immediately identify whose it was.

Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty to charges of second-degree murder for Martin's death. His whereabouts have been kept secret after he bonded out of jail in April.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2012, 04:12:43 PM »

Could the mob have been wrong on Trayvon Martin?

The extent of Florida prosecutor Angela Corey’s gross indifference to the facts in the Trayvon Martin case is exceeded only by that of many in the press who agitated for George Zimmerman’s prosecution for murder. Alan Dershowitz explains the latest evidence, which causes him to conclude that Corey acted improperly:

A medical report by George Zimmerman’s doctor has disclosed that Zimmerman had a fractured nose, two black eyes, two lacerations on the back of his head and a back injury on the day after the fatal shooting. If this evidence turns out to be valid, the prosecutor will have no choice but to drop the second-degree murder charge against Zimmerman — if she wants to act ethically, lawfully and professionally.

There is, of course, no assurance that the special prosecutor handling the case, State Attorney Angela Corey, will do the right thing. Because until now, her actions have been anything but ethical, lawful and professional.

She was aware when she submitted an affidavit that it did not contain the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. She deliberately withheld evidence that supported Zimmerman’s claim of self-defense.

Dershowitz concludes that under the “beyond the reasonable doubt” standard Corey doesn’t have the grounds for a conviction.

The evidence now seems entirely inconsistent with a murder charge. “Now there is much more extensive medical evidence that would tend to support Zimmerman’s version of events. This version, if true, would establish self-defense even if Zimmerman had improperly followed, harassed and provoked Martin. . . . Thus, if Zimmerman verbally provoked Martin, but Martin then got on top of Zimmerman and banged his head into the ground, broke his nose, bloodied his eyes and persisted in attacking Zimmerman — and if Zimmerman couldn’t protect himself from further attack except by shooting Martin — he would have the right to do that [under Florida law]. (The prosecution has already admitted that it has no evidence that Zimmerman started the actual fight.)”

His continued prosecution looks more and more like mob justice, cheered on by hecklers in the media who didn’t much care to find out the facts before rallying the public to equate failure to charge Zimmerman with racism. Will they urge that “real” justice be done, that the rule of law be upheld if the evidence undermines their premature conclusions about a case in which they had a tiny portion of the facts on which to holler for Zimmerman’s prosecution?   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/could-the-mob-have-been-wrong-on-trayvon-martin/2012/05/18/gIQAiQV1YU_blog.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2012, 04:26:08 PM »

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/18/new-trayvon-martin-evidence-10-things-you-should-know/
New Trayvon Martin Evidence: 10 Things You Should Know
The most relevant new pieces of information in the trial of George Zimmerman from the the Florida special prosecutor's new 183-page report.
May 18, 2012

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2012, 04:31:31 PM »

I think this is more than a bit of a reach.  JMHO  Once again, here is someone making this case into something for their own benefit.   

"Sybrina is going to serve as my generation's Rosa Parks, to really stand as a lamplight for the next movement in civil rights among the hip-hop generation," Bryant said.

Oh dear Lord...there is no comparison to what Rosa Parks stood up for...she protested quietly and peacefully and did not instigate nor encourage riots, violence, and such.  She also did not hold her hand out for money.  I feel for Trayvon's mother in the sense that she lost her son...but not in any way because her civil rights were violated...because they simply were not.  She should not be put up on a pedestal...or marked in the history books...for if she is...then America is taking away from the true civil rights activists. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2012, 04:33:31 PM »

I've been told by LE it's important to record events (whether writing them down or making an audio/video tape etc.) as soon as possible after an event such as a vehicle accident or witnessing something like this man did.  As time passes, details can be forgotten, the incident may be discussed and bit by bit, what you believe you saw may change, etc. 

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-18/news/os-trayvon-martin-evidence-witness6-20120518_1_key-witness-ground-dog-fight
Key witness in Trayvon Martin shooting: I'm no longer sure Zimmerman was crying for help
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
May 18, 2012

One of the most important eye-witnesses to the Trayvon Martin shooting, a neighbor who told police Trayvon was straddling George Zimmerman, pinning him to the ground, changed his story once prosecutors took control of the case.

The man, identified in prosecution documents as "Witness 6," originally said Zimmerman was the person screaming for help as he fought with the unarmed 17-year-old from Miami Gardens.

But a few weeks later, on March 20, while sitting for a follow-up interview by a Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigator the witness said he was no longer sure who was calling for help.

"At first, I thought it was the person on the ground, just because, you know, me thinking rationally, if someone was on top, the person on the bottom would be yelling," he said.

Now, though, he said, "I truly can't tell who, after thinking about it, was yelling for help just because it was so dark out on that sidewalk. You can't see a mouth …"

The witness did not, however, change his account that Trayvon was the one on top as he and Zimmerman fought. He identified both combatants by skin color and by the color of their clothes, although he described Zimmerman's orange jacket as red, and Trayvon's dark gray hoodie as black.

"The black guy was on top," he told FDLE Investigator John Batchelor. "The guy that was on the ground, under him at that point, wrestling, was definitely a lighter color."

It was dark outside, he said, and at first, he thought he was witnessing a dog fight. When he stepped to the door, he realized it was two people on the ground wrestling.

The person on top was either hitting or pinning the other to the ground, he said. The person on the bottom was struggling to get up.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »

I saw the last video of Trayvon briefly. What I noticed was how big he looked! Not like the little fresh faced little kid that we were shown initially when this all came out.

One thing that I really think is not right if I am correct, is that Trayvon was given blood test for drugs when he was the dead person, but GZ who shot Trayvon was not tested. Seems a bit unfair to me. GZ could have had drugs in his system and we will never know. Perhaps that is one of the reasons why he did not consent to going to the hospital that evening for his injuries? Dunno....

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2012, 04:39:06 PM »

Oh dear Lord...there is no comparison to what Rosa Parks stood up for...she protested quietly and peacefully and did not instigate nor encourage riots, violence, and such.  She also did not hold her hand out for money.  I feel for Trayvon's mother in the sense that she lost her son...but not in any way because her civil rights were violated...because they simply were not.  She should not be put up on a pedestal...or marked in the history books...for if she is...then America is taking away from the true civil rights activists. 

Well said! Totally agree.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2012, 04:50:31 PM »

I saw the last video of Trayvon briefly. What I noticed was how big he looked! Not like the little fresh faced little kid that we were shown initially when this all came out.

One thing that I really think is not right if I am correct, is that Trayvon was given blood test for drugs when he was the dead person, but GZ who shot Trayvon was not tested. Seems a bit unfair to me. GZ could have had drugs in his system and we will never know. Perhaps that is one of the reasons why he did not consent to going to the hospital that evening for his injuries? Dunno....

That's true...good point.  I wonder why he wasn't tested?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.