March 18, 2024, 09:05:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 362646 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: May 25, 2012, 09:28:43 PM »

http://baltimoretimes-online.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1509:sybrina-fultons-class-and-dignity-&catid=107:gregory-kane&Itemid=489
Plenty of people in this country DO buy Zimmerman’s self-defense claim, but trust me: many of those folks are the same ones who made Lt. William Calley a hero, and he wasn’t innocent either.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-trayvon-martin-mother-20120517,0,5954721.story
"Sybrina is going to serve as my generation's Rosa Parks, to really stand as a lamplight for the next movement in civil rights among the hip-hop generation," Bryant said.

Some folks are really trying to get emotions stirred up imo. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: May 25, 2012, 09:36:53 PM »

Zimmerman trial outrage

Undoubtedly it is a tragedy that this episode occurred at all and resulted in the death of Trayvon Martin. However, in light of new facts based on an autopsy of the deceased, photos of Mr. Zimmerman coupled with a paramedic’s report, additional witness reports and other information, the determination of who the bona fide victim was may, in time, demonstrate that Trayvon Martin was not the completely innocent party some might have hoped.

Certainly Mr. Zimmerman made a tremendous mistake in not obeying the dispatcher’s orders to remain in his vehicle until police arrived. What followed that instruction, however, is where the case presently stands.

Like everyone else in this country and under the tenets of the Constitution and the laws of the land, Mr. Zimmerman remains innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. What is particularly disturbing is the hatred that has been directed at him, to the point of a bounty placed on his head by groups that have faced no consequences for such threats.

It is also disconcerting to contemplate the possibility that Mr. Zimmerman could be scapegoated to avoid the eruption of civil unrest if the results are less than satisfactory to some individuals.   ::snipping2:: 

KAREN L. BUNE

Adjunct professor

Department of Criminology, Law and Society

George Mason University

Fairfax

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/25/zimmerman-trial-outrage/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: May 26, 2012, 01:22:37 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/25/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Blood Found in Isabel Celis House; More Info Revealed in Trayvon Martin Shooting
Aired May 25, 2012 - 19:00   ET

::snipping2::
BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: In less than one year, George Zimmerman went from slamming the Sanford Police Department to singing its praises.

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, CHARGED WITH TRAYVON MARTIN SHOOTING: I also have had had the opportunity to take ride-alongs with the city of Sanford Police Department. And what I saw was disgusting.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He says, "I have high hopes for and restored faith in your administration and the Sanford Police Department in its entirety.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, the Trayvon Martin family reacting right here on the show to a slew of stunning developments in the George Zimmerman case, including an inside look at exactly what kind of relationship Trayvon`s shooter had with the local police.

We`ve learned now that, over a year before George Zimmerman shot Trayvon, Zimmerman was outraged over how police handled this brutal caught- on-tape beating of an African-American homeless man by the son of a police lieutenant.

George Zimmerman accused cops of a cover-up and corruption and slammed the police department at a city hall meeting. Listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ZIMMERMAN: I also have had the opportunity to take ride-alongs with the city of Sanford Police Department. And what I saw was disgusting.

The officer showed me his favorite hiding spot for taking naps; explained to me that he doesn`t carry a long gun in his vehicle, because in his words, "Anything that requires a long gun requires a lot of paperwork, and you`re going to find me as far away from it." He took two lunch breaks and attended a going-away party for one of his fellow officers.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But, months later when new Police Chief Bill Lee took over, Zimmerman`s whole outlook on the Sanford Police Department changed.

He wrote in a letter, "I have high hopes for and restored faith in your administration and the Sanford Police Department in its entirety." He spoke specifically about the department`s volunteer coordinator. Writing in another e-mail, he described his close working relationship and quick responses to e-mails and phone calls.

Straight out to Natalie Jackson, the attorney for Trayvon Martin`s family.

Natalie, what is the reaction to the Martin family to this new information about shooter George Zimmerman`s relationship with the local police department that initially refused to arrest him after he shot Trayvon Martin dead?

NATALIE JACKSON, ATTORNEY FOR TRAYVON MARTIN (via phone): Well, first, I`d like to say, Jane, that we believe George Zimmerman is innocent until trial. So I don`t want to get into George Zimmerman and his statements and everything.

But if you asked me about the relationships of the police department, one of the reasons that we got involved in this case is because we were concerned about the actions of the police. Not because of -- you know, George Zimmerman is one key, but we were concerned about the actions of the Sanford Police Department and the relationships that would cause a non- arrest in this case.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I want to bring in Mark Nejame, HLN legal analyst, a criminal defense attorney down there in Orlando where all this is going on. What do you make, Mark, of this back story between George Zimmerman and the police, the fact that he was sending e-mails and phone calls to this community volunteer coordinator, so the cops had to have known who he was?

MARK NEJAME, HLN LEGAL ANALYST: I don`t know if I buy that one, Jane. Just because somebody sends an e-mail to an administrator in a department doesn`t really flow down to the officers in any bureaucracy that I`m aware of.

I think Natalie`s point is well taken, though, that this really has to do with a review of what went on with the Sanford Police Department, and did they conduct an appropriate investigation? I think we now know that Chief Lee never met with him. And so the chief, who is the top of the food chain there, never met with Zimmerman, to all the information that I`ve been able to glean.

I think also it`s important to realize that the state attorney`s office is the one who makes the decision.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I heard the crying. It was a little boy. As soon as the gun went off, the crying stopped.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I hear like a bump. You could hear that Trayvon -- somebody bumped Trayvon. I could hear the grass.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They always get away. This guy looks like he`s up to no good or he`s on drugs or something.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: All I know is someone is on top of the other person, and I hear help, help, help yelled a couple times.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: 911 and the other tapes were played for the Martin family, and they identified that as their son crying for help. That is absolutely positively George Zimmerman.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So you definitely could tell another voice that was not Trayvon?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And you heard this other voice say what?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: What are you doing around here?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Another avalanche of new information about to be released in the Trayvon Martin shooting next week, and tonight there are a whole bunch of new questions about what crucial eyewitnesses actually saw the night Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. The details surrounding the shooting of Trayvon Martin have been murky, and now the Orlando Sentinel reporting at least four witnesses have changed their stories. You remember this witness who described in detail a fight between Trayvon and Zimmerman with Zimmerman yelling for help.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: When I first walked out there, the black guy was on top. And the only reason I can tell that was because the guy that was on the ground under him at that point wrestling was definitely a lighter color.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, according to the Orlando Sentinel, that crucial witness has changed part of his story. And get this, there are at least three other witnesses who have reportedly changed their statements, too. Is the Trayvon Martin case a vortex of confusion and contradiction with witness after witness changing their stories? If there are questions about the few witnesses we have, does that make the testimony of Trayvon Martin`s girlfriend that much more important? She says she was on the phone with Trayvon moments before he was shot. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So you definitely can tell another voice that was not Trayvon --

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes, yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And you heard this other voice say what?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: What are you doing around here.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What are you doing around here. OK?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And I call Trayvon, Trayvon, what`s going on, what`s going on.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is you say saying that?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes. Then I am calling him and he didn`t answer.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: No answer from Trayvon?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes. I hear something like bump, you can hear that Trayvon -- somebody bumped Trayvon because I could hear the grass.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We`ll play more of that tape in a minute. Observers have suggested Angela Corey, the special prosecutor, relied heavily on the testimony of Trayvon`s girlfriend to charge George Zimmerman.

All right. I want to go back to Mark Nejame, HLN legal analyst. What do you make of four witnesses, four crucial witnesses reportedly changing their story? That`s huge.

NEJAME: Well, you know, it`s common that witnesses once they get subject to cross-examination and being questioned again, I don`t think in 30 years I`ve ever seen two witness statements line up.

I don`t know the depth of the changed stories. I don`t know if it helps or hurts one side or the other. I do know that sometimes minutia can be made into a mountain, and sometimes issues that are significant are turned into nothing because of the subject of cross-examination. So we need to find out what those changes are.

But, and we need to find out why those changes occurred. Is there a fee or is there something underfoot? Are there people being paid for stories that would influence their testimony? We need to find out what was changed and why it was changed.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, and I guess we have to ask, since apparently three out of the four witnesses who changed their story changed it in a way that hurts George Zimmerman, you have to wonder, Michelle Suskauer, criminal defense attorney out of West Palm Beach, if they might have felt actually intimidated or scared because of all the uproar over the shooting.

MICHELLE SUSKAUER, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Absolutely, Jane, because their names are out there, where they live is out there, and certainly how could all of this national and international pressure not affect them?

But what is significant is that each one of their credibility is going to be weighed if this case even makes it to a jury. And this just screams reasonable doubt. There is a conflict in the testimony here. And this is going to be a big problem for the state.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tanya Acker?

ACKER: I think I really have to take issue with that, because certainly the credibility of these witnesses is in question, but what is not necessarily in question is whether or not there`s reasonable doubt in this case. What is not at issue is there was a fight. We know there was a fight. What is at issue is whether or not George Zimmerman had any business pursuing this unarmed young man, who, by the way, you know, when you`re walking down the street, you have the right not to be accosted or molested by somebody who wants to know what you`re doing. Perhaps it`s none of their business. So the issue is not so much the fight. We know that there was a fight. We know that George Zimmerman sustained some injuries. The issue is what was he doing continuing to pursue Trayvon Martin when the police said we`ve got this, go home?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, to that point, a witness said he saw some MMA- style fighting. That means mixed martial arts. Listen to this witness, a crucial witness, explain exactly what he says he saw. Essentially, what he said was that he saw a -- I believe it was a black man on top of a lighter skinned man, and he said that Zimmerman was the one being beaten up, and he also said that he thought that the person being beaten up was the one who was yelling for help.

But here`s what`s so wild, and this is what gets me, is that Brian Russell, when he was reinterviewed after initially saying he thought Trayvon was throwing all these punches, martial arts style, he then said a couple weeks later, he was no longer sure that Trayvon was even throwing punches. He said this teenager may simply have been keeping Zimmerman pinned to the ground. That is a huge change when somebody said they saw martial arts movements, and then the next minute they`re saying they didn`t know what they saw at all, that he may have just been pinning him to the ground, Brian.

RUSSELL: Actually, Jane, as a lawyer and as a psychological expert witness, I can tell you that that is how it goes a lot of times with eyewitness testimony, and actually the changing stories probably reflect more the problems with the reliability of eyewitness testimony than the truth of what really happened. I think Mark Nejame was exactly right.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, there are some major problems with these witnesses changing their stories. Witness No. 2 said she saw two guys running, and then she changed her story and said she caught a glimpse of one person running, and all this because she wasn`t wearing her contacts. Now another witness said at first she did not know who was on top in this confrontation. Now she says she is absolutely sure George Zimmerman was on top. And so we have all of these witnesses changing their story.

Natalie Jackson, the attorney for Trayvon Martin`s family, what do you make of four crucial witnesses changing their story?

NATALIE JACKSON, ATTORNEY FOR TRAYVON`S FAMILY: I think that a jury will hear all the evidence, Jane, and they`ll decide. They`ll hear it in a linear fashion and not the way that it`s been put out.

I did hear you say that -- that -- the -- I heard you say that the evidence is going to be relying upon the testimony, but I believe that George Zimmerman`s own words is really the crucial testimony in this case and the linchpin in this case for the prosecution.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But let me ask Michelle Suskauer, what happens in court during a trial when a witness says one thing, and then says something completely different? How is a lawyer going to use that to impeach their testimony?

SUSKAUER: Well, that`s exactly what they do. They`re going to -- the witness will testify, and then the lawyer will elicit the fact that they made a statement completely differently at another time, and the time that they made the statement was much closer to when the actual incident happened, and it makes a difference.

But, Jane, what`s important is that if this even gets to a jury, which it may not because of a stand your ground motion to dismiss that will be heard first. What`s really crucial is that the court would instruct the jury that they can find reasonable doubt from the evidence, from a lack of evidence, or from the conflict in the evidence. And this is conflict. These are key witnesses. Because all you have is Zimmerman and these witnesses. You do not have Trayvon Martin to tell his side of the story.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Michelle Suskauer has been saying that she thinks the stand your ground hearing could have the case thrown out, but a lot of people say that`s wishful thinking on their part if that`s what they want. Which a lot of people don`t want.

ACKER: Jane, the authors of the stand your ground law say it does not protect George Zimmerman in this case. The stand your ground law does not give you the right to pursue someone. It does not give you the right nor any self-defense theory generally does not give you the right to pursue someone, to provoke a confrontation, and then hide behind it.

According to this 911 tape, George Zimmerman was instructed to go home. He did not. So certainly there was a fight. Certainly we have got conflicting witness testimony about who was on top and who was throwing punches. The stand your ground law did not give Zimmerman the right to pursue this kid and then have a confrontation escalate.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Natalie Jackson, last word, ten seconds, do we have any idea when the stand your ground hearing is going to occur?

JACKSON: I agree with Michelle. I would be very surprised if the stand your ground hearing even takes place. I don`t think that one will happen. And if it does happen, I do not believe George Zimmerman will win that hearing. It will go to trial.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, thank you so much, fantastic panel, for joining me on this. We are all over this case. We will stay on top of it. And I`ll tell you one thing I`ve learned covering these mega cases, they`re like runaway freight trains. You never know where they`re going to go next. Back in a moment.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: May 27, 2012, 03:03:07 PM »

Trayvon Martin Gets the Shepard Fairey Treatment
The 'Hope' poster artist has immortalized the dead Florida teen in a new work for Ebony magazine.

21 Mar 2012, Miami, Florida, USA --- Here's tragic Florida teen Trayvon Martin, who was fatally shot by a self-appointed neighbourhood watch rep George Zimmerman as he walked in an apartment complex in Sanford. The 17-year-old's killing has caused a national outcry and sparked calls for Zimmerman's arrest. Zimmerman has claimed he fired his gun in self defence.
It was probably bound to happen: L.A. street artist and Obama “Hope” poster creator Shepard Fairey has turned Trayvon Martin into an icon.

The artist was commissioned by Ebony magazine a few months ago to create the piece; Fairey only just shared the image on his blog, saying he had to keep the artwork under wraps until the issue hit newsstands earlier this week. (Ebony is owned by Time Inc., the parent company of TIME and TIME.com.)

On the Trayvon Martin case, Fairey writes:

“I have followed Trayvon’s case closely and I think any compassionate human being can relate to Trayvon as a brother or son and would want to see a thorough investigation into the killing of an unarmed person. In my portrait I wanted to emphasize Trayvon’s humanity as well as the public outcry for a just investigation into his death.”

The artwork is based on the now-famous image of Martin in a hooded sweatshirt, in the same signature style as Fairey’s Hope posters and TIME Magazine covers.

Some have wondered, however, whether it’s too similar to Fairey’s earlier work, and whether at this point in the news cycle — as Martin’s accused killer George Zimmerman faces the prospect of a long and complex trial for second-degree murder — its message will make much difference.  ::snipping2::

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/25/trayvon-martin-gets-the-shepard-fairey-treatment/#ixzz1w67snpP1
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: May 27, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »

Trayvon Martin’s parents in town to condemn violence

Fighting back tears, the parents of slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin stood beside the Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. and relatives of Chicago area murder victims on Saturday to stress the need to end “senseless gun violence.”

“We are the voice of Trayvon Martin,” Martin’s mother Sybrina Fulton said.

“He’s not here to speak for himself so we as his parents have decided instead of sitting back and not doing anything, this is what we have decided to do, to help our community and to help other parents.”

As she spoke about her son, Fulton also detailed her family’s Justice for Trayvon Foundation, which helps teens identify signs of racial profiling. She also called on Congress to amend Florida’s Stand Your Ground law, which allows a person in fear of bodily harm to use force, even deadly force, in the face of a perceived threat.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/12789483-418/trayvon-martins-parents-in-town-to-condemn-violence.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: May 27, 2012, 03:08:03 PM »

Yep.  I went to the link Toler provided and saw just what I thought I would see.  Trayvon Martin's face immortalized as a young child.  He is not immortalized as the young man he grew up to be.  Why? 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: May 27, 2012, 03:10:23 PM »

Yep.  I went to the link Toler provided and saw just what I thought I would see.  Trayvon Martin's face immortalized as a young child.  He is not immortalized as the young man he grew up to be.  Why? 

Could it be using the young child's face suits the purpose better?  And what purpose it that?  What is wrong with using recent images of Trayvon Martin? 

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #247 on: May 27, 2012, 03:40:06 PM »

Some folks are really trying to get emotions stirred up imo. 

Yep, spin it and stir it up, regardless of what the truth may be.

Tracy and Sabrina speak of racial profiling.  How did TM become the poster boy and martyr, when there have been so many young black men who have fallen before and after him?  Could it be because GZ is the perfect accused because he is "white" and "hispanic"?  Is there such a thing as reverse racial profiling?

jmo and just asking

Challapalca him!
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: May 27, 2012, 04:16:14 PM »

Interesting Development – Trayvon Martin Quid Pro Quo at the 7-11? Update – Confirmed
 Conservativetreehouse ^ | 26 May 2012 | sundancecracker

Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2012 10:07:11 AM by ironman

Treeper Diwataman, has done an amazing job deconstructing the video evidence and now uncovered a considerably interesting aspect of Trayvon Martin’s visit to the 7-11 by using the raw feed video from the evidence release, not the media edited versions.

Trayvon checked out from “his” purchase at 6:24.   But as this video highlights he didn’t leave right away.   About a minute after he walks out, 3 other rather dubious characters walk in.  After they make their purchases and leave at 6:29 Trayvon is seen walking away outside the building. (*The narrator of this video is not associated with the Treehouse, he is an independent U-Tube video guy, and yes, he curses at the end. Sorry)

So what was Trayvon waiting outside for? And what did Trayvon and the 3 stooges coordinate after they left? Why did he wait around outside for approximately 5 minutes after he exited the 7-11? Obviously “occams Razor” would infer that he got something from one or more of the 3 stooges and then headed home.

As far as what he asked Curly (the white guy – one of the 3 stooges) to buy. That question appears answered in the following video. Curly is holding the two bills that Trayvon held in his hand when he exited the building. Curly buys two Blunts for Trayvon, and one for himself and heads outside while Moe (wearing a hoodie like Kenny from Southpark) makes his purchase with a debit card. Apparently while Moe is paying, Curly is outside giving Trayvon the Blunts.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2888528/posts
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: May 27, 2012, 04:23:35 PM »

25 people shot, one dead, across city

Map of shooting scenes
Tribune reporter

8:36 a.m. CDT, May 27, 2012
More than two dozen people were shot across the city between late Saturday afternoon and early Sunday morning.

One died and several others are in critical condition in shootings that left  a total of 25 people injured, according to police. A 6-year-old girl was among the wounded.

Five people were shot on the West Side within 20 minutes of each other in two separate attacks about 2:10 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. Police are investigating the possibility that they're related – they happened about five blocks apart.

A party bus stopped on the 2400 block of West Roosevelt Road in the Lawndale neighborhood to let people into a bar and about 45 minutes later, the driver heard people shooting and hit the floor of his bus.

Only a few women were on the bus when the shots rang out, driver Cash Vait said. He was waiting for his passengers, some of whom were exiting the bar, when someone started shooting. Vait said he heard between three and five shots and dropped to the ground, unable to see who was shooting. Moments later, he heard a second volley of shots to the north.

Three men – 18, 19, and one whose age wasn't available – were hit. Vait said he saw people swarm one man, who dropped in the street.

"I saw three or four guys pumping him, he was wearing a white shirt, and it had blood all over it," Vait said.

Evidence markers littered the area in front of the bar and about seventy five feet to the east, in the street. About a dozen marked and unmarked cars were in the area, parked in a nearby gas station or blocking traffic both ways on Roosevelt Road. Casings were also found inside the bar, police said.

The 19-year-old, identified by the Cook County medical examiner's office as Jaleel Beasley, died at Mount Sinai Hospital at 2:34 a.m. A spokeswoman for that office wasn't able to say where Beasley lived.

The 18-year-old was shot in the leg and is in stable condition at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County, and the other person was dropped off at Stroger hospital with a gunshot wound to the chest, police said.

The bus had picked people up from west suburban Bellwood but was stuck behind crime scene tape and everyone inside had to catch cabs back to the suburb, Vait said.

A couple blocks around the corner north in the 700 block of South Western Avenue, police found two people shot inside an SUV that appeared to have collided with something. The front end of the car was damaged and the driver's side airbag had deployed, though bullet holes weren't visible from the front, back or passenger sides, police said.

A 30-year-old man was shot in the leg and a 28-year-old man was shot in the back and shoulder, police said. Both of the men were taken to Stroger hospital. The younger of the two is in critical condition, and the older is in good condition.

Early Saturday night, a 6-year-old girl and two others were shot in two attacks blocks apart in the Marquette Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side. Police said the child was playing in front of her house on the 6900 block of South Artesian Avenue about 4:15 p.m. when two groups of people on the corner of 68th and Artesian – one in a car, one on the corner – started arguing.

Someone inside the car shot at the group on the corner and missed, instead hitting the girl. The intended targets fled south from 68th Street toward the girl and the car fled east on 68th Street, police said.

The child was shot in the arm and is in good condition at Holy Cross Hospital, Chicago Police Department News Affairs Sgt. Antoinette Ursitti said. The child's mother drove her to Holy Cross Hospital, a few blocks west on California Avenue between 68th and 69th streets.

Less than two hours later and a few blocks away, two men were wounded in what police said may have been a retaliatory attack. The shooting happened shortly before 6 p.m. on the 2500 block of West 71st Street, said police News Affairs Officer Dan O'Brien. According to preliminary reports, both victims drove themselves to Holy Cross Hospital.

One of them, 22, was listed in serious condition with gunshot wounds to his arm, leg and buttocks, O'Brien said. The other man, 25, suffered a wound to his hand. As of 6:45 p.m., no one was in custody for the shootings and Area Central detectives were investigating.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-2-wounded-in-south-side-shooting-20120526,0,3445715.story

Guessing they didn't get the message...

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #250 on: May 27, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »

Trayvon is seeking a source for the prescription drug Codeine. Eventually we learn that he’s not seeking the pill form, but rather a “liquid” form, which he says he’s “had…before.”

His friend responds that he doesn’t NEED codeine – that he can just mix Robitussin and soda to make…

“…some fire @$$ lean.”

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/05/24/update-26-part-2-trayvon-martin-shooting-a-year-of-drug-use-culminates-in-predictable-violence/

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: May 27, 2012, 06:40:55 PM »

Police accuse Wyclef Jean and Al Sharpton of laundering money for drug kingpin also linked to P. Diddy

Police suspected singer Wyclef Jean and activist and TV host Reverend Al Sharpton of being involved in laundering drug money, Brooklyn federal court has heard.
Mr Jean allegedly received a $60,000 loan from hip hop manager James Rosamond, who is currently on trial for drug charges, and Mr Sharpton was allegedly given a $10,000 donation by the suspected drug kingpin, according to thesmokinggun.com.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149667/Police-accuse-Wyclef-Jean-Al-Sharpton-laundering-money-drug-kingpin-linked-P-Diddy.html#ixzz1w71JydKG
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: May 27, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »

Walter Williams Column: Should Black People Tolerate This ?

::snipping2:: There are a few civil rights leaders with a different vision. When President Barack Obama commented about the Trayvon Martin case, T. Willard Fair, president of the Urban League of Greater Miami, told The Daily Caller that "the outrage should be about us killing each other, about black-on-black crime." He asked rhetorically, "Wouldn't you think to have 41 people shot (in Chicago) between Friday morning and Monday morning would be much more newsworthy and deserve much more outrage?" Former NAACP leader Pastor C.L. Bryant said the rallies organized by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson suggest there is an epidemic of "white men killing black young men," adding: "The epidemic is truly black-on-black crime. The greatest danger to the lives of young black men are young black men."   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2888594/posts
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: May 27, 2012, 07:41:31 PM »

Walter Williams Column: Should Black People Tolerate This ?

::snipping2:: There are a few civil rights leaders with a different vision. When President Barack Obama commented about the Trayvon Martin case, T. Willard Fair, president of the Urban League of Greater Miami, told The Daily Caller that "the outrage should be about us killing each other, about black-on-black crime." He asked rhetorically, "Wouldn't you think to have 41 people shot (in Chicago) between Friday morning and Monday morning would be much more newsworthy and deserve much more outrage?" Former NAACP leader Pastor C.L. Bryant said the rallies organized by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson suggest there is an epidemic of "white men killing black young men," adding: "The epidemic is truly black-on-black crime. The greatest danger to the lives of young black men are young black men."   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2888594/posts

Amen! Finally a voice of reason...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: May 27, 2012, 07:44:45 PM »

Could it be using the young child's face suits the purpose better?  And what purpose it that?  What is wrong with using recent images of Trayvon Martin? 

This is all going to backfire...previous folks, including myself have been sickened by all of this...truth needs to come out on both sides, both people involved in this fiasco...smoke and mirrors and Chinese whispers doesn't cut it.....truth does!

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #255 on: May 27, 2012, 08:11:07 PM »

Zimmerman trial outrage

Undoubtedly it is a tragedy that this episode occurred at all and resulted in the death of Trayvon Martin. However, in light of new facts based on an autopsy of the deceased, photos of Mr. Zimmerman coupled with a paramedic’s report, additional witness reports and other information, the determination of who the bona fide victim was may, in time, demonstrate that Trayvon Martin was not the completely innocent party some might have hoped.

Certainly Mr. Zimmerman made a tremendous mistake in not obeying the dispatcher’s orders to remain in his vehicle until police arrived. What followed that instruction, however, is where the case presently stands.

Like everyone else in this country and under the tenets of the Constitution and the laws of the land, Mr. Zimmerman remains innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. What is particularly disturbing is the hatred that has been directed at him, to the point of a bounty placed on his head by groups that have faced no consequences for such threats.

It is also disconcerting to contemplate the possibility that Mr. Zimmerman could be scapegoated to avoid the eruption of civil unrest if the results are less than satisfactory to some individuals.   ::snipping2:: 

KAREN L. BUNE

Adjunct professor

Department of Criminology, Law and Society

George Mason University

Fairfax

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/25/zimmerman-trial-outrage/

worth repeating!!!!!

Challapalca him!
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: May 27, 2012, 10:27:47 PM »

The Gantt Report: Don’t believe so-called ‘evidence’ hype

Sunday, 27 May 2012

Of all of the evidence that has been released in the Trayvon Martin case, none has been debated and scrutinized more than the alleged injuries suffered by George Zimmerman, the shooter.
 Photos have surfaced showing Zimmerman with various cuts and bruises on his nose, head and perhaps other places. And, two days after Trayvon was gunned down, Zimmerman’s personal physician claimed Zimmerman had blackened eyes and a broken nose.

Well, we all know the devil is tricky. The devil will make you think the victim is the criminal and the murderous stalker was an innocent bystander in fear of his life.

Well, I don’t trust Zimmerman or his doctor and their medical records that were mysteriously created two days after the horrible shooting.

I trust the video that was made at police headquarters 30 minutes after the murder was committed that did not show any black eyes, broken noses, bloody heads or grass-stained clothing. You tell me: How can you breathe with a broken nose when your mouth is shut? On the video, Zimmerman breathed but spoke little or not at all.

Trayvon never stalked or followed Zimmerman. Trayvon didn’t talk to police about Zimmerman and use suspicious or derogatory and insensitive language. Zimmerman wasn’t standing any ground. Testimony in pre-trial procedures has talked about Zimmerman being a Hispanic who loves little black children. I told you the devil is tricky.     One drop of white blood makes George Zimmerman white.

I know you don’t like for me to write like this but let me explain.

Almost anybody who is not of African descent can walk on the white side should they decide to do so. South Americans, Cubans and even some Asians can pass for white in certain circumstances.

Zimmerman is part and parcel of and has significant access to the white American power structure. He didn’t call the Cuban Bar Association for legal assistance. He didn’t contact the any fraternal organization of Hispanic police officers. He didn’t request help from the Puerto Rican Guardian Angels.

Zimmerman went home for help. He went to the white man.

Zimmerman’s lawyer is white. The prosecutor is white. The bailiff is white. The police officers who arrested him were probably white. And who do you think is sending hundreds of thousands of dollars to Zimmerman’s websites? No, it is not the Fruit of Islam or the New Black Panther Party.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.sfltimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10045&Itemid=331

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #257 on: May 27, 2012, 11:59:17 PM »

The Gantt Report: Don’t believe so-called ‘evidence’ hype

Sunday, 27 May 2012

Of all of the evidence that has been released in the Trayvon Martin case, none has been debated and scrutinized more than the alleged injuries suffered by George Zimmerman, the shooter.
 Photos have surfaced showing Zimmerman with various cuts and bruises on his nose, head and perhaps other places. And, two days after Trayvon was gunned down, Zimmerman’s personal physician claimed Zimmerman had blackened eyes and a broken nose.

Well, we all know the devil is tricky. The devil will make you think the victim is the criminal and the murderous stalker was an innocent bystander in fear of his life.

Well, I don’t trust Zimmerman or his doctor and their medical records that were mysteriously created two days after the horrible shooting.

I trust the video that was made at police headquarters 30 minutes after the murder was committed that did not show any black eyes, broken noses, bloody heads or grass-stained clothing. You tell me: How can you breathe with a broken nose when your mouth is shut? On the video, Zimmerman breathed but spoke little or not at all.

Trayvon never stalked or followed Zimmerman. Trayvon didn’t talk to police about Zimmerman and use suspicious or derogatory and insensitive language. Zimmerman wasn’t standing any ground. Testimony in pre-trial procedures has talked about Zimmerman being a Hispanic who loves little black children. I told you the devil is tricky.     One drop of white blood makes George Zimmerman white.

I know you don’t like for me to write like this but let me explain.

Almost anybody who is not of African descent can walk on the white side should they decide to do so. South Americans, Cubans and even some Asians can pass for white in certain circumstances.

Zimmerman is part and parcel of and has significant access to the white American power structure. He didn’t call the Cuban Bar Association for legal assistance. He didn’t contact the any fraternal organization of Hispanic police officers. He didn’t request help from the Puerto Rican Guardian Angels.

Zimmerman went home for help. He went to the white man.

Zimmerman’s lawyer is white. The prosecutor is white. The bailiff is white. The police officers who arrested him were probably white. And who do you think is sending hundreds of thousands of dollars to Zimmerman’s websites? No, it is not the Fruit of Islam or the New Black Panther Party.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.sfltimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10045&Itemid=331

So much hatred.  WOW!

Challapalca him!
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #258 on: May 28, 2012, 12:08:26 AM »

^^^^^

quote.."One drop of white blood makes George Zimmerman white."

and from a response.."
written by JG, May 27, 2012

"One drop of white blood makes George Zimmerman white. "

Does 50% white blood make Barack Obama white."
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #259 on: May 28, 2012, 11:51:36 AM »

What is our country coming to?  The shade of skin does nothing but cover the red blood that flows through all of us.  How our Father must be weeping.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.