March 18, 2024, 07:57:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 362637 times)
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: June 01, 2012, 07:13:21 PM »

Ooops forgot the link, Muffy. So sorry..

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2886950/posts
Thank you, I'ved added it to your post.  MB
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:41:00 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #321 on: June 01, 2012, 07:20:58 PM »

New Black Panther Field Marshal: Whites ‘Should be Thankful We’re Not Hanging Crackers By Nooses…Yet

Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:12:05 AM by Perseverando

According to National Field Marshal for the New Black Panthers King Samir Shabazz:

“I love white-on white-crime, because that is the best crime.” “I hate the g*ddamn white man, woman, and child, grandma, aunt, uncle, Pappa Billy Bob, and whoever else.” “You should be thankful we’re not running around here hanging crackers by nooses and all that kind of stuff — yet, yet, yet” He has a “wet dream about killing the g*ddamn cracker.” “We don’t allow faggots and lesbians” in the New Black Panther Army Envisions a world where every black person is “ready to bang on this cracker” Wants to take over neighborhoods “block by block” so “crackers…or even the developer” would be scared to come into them “We’re taught to send this cracker to the cemetery… so kiss ‘em goodbye”

(Excerpt) Read more at theblaze.com ...

These people, Al Sharpton etc do not speak for all black people yet they seem to be the only voices we hear!
The New Black Panthers are cuckoo, yet they are allowed to get away with a bounty on Zimmerman, nary a word from our Justice Dept. That's the sort of thing many of us are fed up with.
AMEN~ We are fed up and I would hate to be on that jury and have my name out there since knowing what we know now, I couldn't convict but you know there would be death threats and riots if he isn't convicted.

Insanity reigns......still waiting on Eric Holder to take action <crickets>.....not holding my breath, and what about this case? It too was a self defense claim of an unarmed victim shot :

http://www.chicagonewsreport.com/2012/04/daniel-adkins-killer-claims-self.html

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #322 on: June 01, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »

In March, Land spoke of African-American activists and the Rev. Al Sharpton as “racial ambulance chasers” in the Martin case, in which the 17-year-old was shot to death in Florida by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman.

“When there is violence it’s going to be Jesse Jackson’s fault,” Land said on his show, according to the Religion News Service. “It’s going to be Al Sharpton’s fault. It’s going to be Louis Farrakhan’s fault, and to a certain degree it’s going to be President Obama’s fault.”

Sorry, don't have a link.

Thanks Muffy. ?  Are you referring to a post I made, or to Toler's post, which you've quoted?  I think you've got the wrong poster Muffy

I understand why those feelings exist, but to add Obama's name just shows this pastor is also stirring the racist pot.  Anyone could see from Obaman's full statement that he has no hidden agenda.  He just feels Trayvon was cheated out of a full investigation and he has concerns about the Stand Your Ground law and how it was applied in this case.  

Also, the fact that only three names keep coming up (Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakan) makes me wonder if that whole thing is not being blown way out of proportion in an effort to villify others who have legitimate concerns?

Racial tension clearly exists on both sides.    

I was working in downtown Seattle during the Rodney King riots.  All of downtown Seattle closed down early that weekday afternoon because there was going to be a march through the city and a lot of folks were scared of more rioting.  I had to stay due to some work related issues and by choice because I just wasn't overly worried about it.  So, I'm leaving the office and down the middle of the street come the marchers, white, black, asian, tall, short, boy, girl, old and young, marching for peace and marching for justice.  One hood-looking black girl raised a sign she was carrying with Rodney's face on it, then she raised her arm high and flashed me the peace sign.  Our eyes met and here I was, a young white woman, looking at this gold toothed black girl, and we were just people, fearless and human, wanting nothing more than peace.  She had a really beautiful smile, gold teeth and all.

Hatred is just so damn ugly.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:42:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #323 on: June 01, 2012, 07:30:37 PM »

TOLER-

Did you see those videos from the 7-11 of what they call Larry, Moe and Curly? I couldn't believe that one kid (or I assume it was a kid) in the hoodie literally drawn up so tight you couldnt see anything but maybe a nose...if I had been the one behind the counter I would have called 911 just out of fear, all 3 looked sketchy. But, I also noticed Trayvon came back and had read and heard he didn't go straight home according to the time stamp on the recording and all that, but that video was extremely interesting and I wonder how many more are out there from the 7-11, how many outside cameras caught anything in the shopping strip where the 7-11 was

The store clerk didn't seem worried or afraid in any way.  It was raining that night.  Would make sense to have your hoodie up. 

I am not talking about the hoodie being up, he had it pulled so that only his nose was visible...have you seen the video?

I just saw the video.  The same person with the tightly drawn hoodie eventually took his hoodie off in the video.  It looks to me like his jacket is very wet so maybe it was raining really hard?  When I go for a jog and it's raining I draw my hoodie super tight. 

I just can't see any reason to go into any store unless you are planning to rob it dressed this way....I couldn't tell if this was a teen or grown man, heck it could have been a woman from what we could see.....but that is just me and I promise you if I saw anyone dressed that way walking around the neighborhood I would follow them until LE arrived, but that would take all of 3 minutes since our LE are bored to tears.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I guess we're different then.  If I was suspicious I'd ask the kid what's up with his hoodie all tied up like that, or if it was pouring down rain I would assume he was trying to stay dry.  I wouldn't call the cops because some kid has his hoodie tied tight (unless there were other obvious indicators something was off).  Just me, though.

I wouldn't confront him personally, I am 5'4 and pushing 100 lbs but we have a population of about 2000 total and we watch out for suspicious behavoir, just like I followed or really kept an eye on the drunk girl teetering down the street that one night at 2 am , I wasn't worried she wasn going to do anything except maybe pass out in the street or the Gulf since she was staring in that direction and sure enough that is where I found her, but thankfully so did her parents. I didn't want her to pass out drunk and drown when the tide came in...with regards to the hoodie and the fact it literally covered his entire face, well yes I do find that suspicuous IIRC it wasn't pouring rain, even if it was inside a store it is dry. All 3 looked suspicious to me .....

That's cool.  I understand.  I live in a small town now, too, but I grew up in a really rough neighborhood in Maryland so I know good kids can look scary to some people when really they're just dressing to fit in or be goofy.   
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2012, 07:32:58 PM »

New Black Panther Field Marshal: Whites ‘Should be Thankful We’re Not Hanging Crackers By Nooses…Yet
Edit to add link provided by Toler.  MB 
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2886950/posts

According to National Field Marshal for the New Black Panthers King Samir Shabazz:

“I love white-on white-crime, because that is the best crime.” “I hate the g*ddamn white man, woman, and child, grandma, aunt, uncle, Pappa Billy Bob, and whoever else.” “You should be thankful we’re not running around here hanging crackers by nooses and all that kind of stuff — yet, yet, yet” He has a “wet dream about killing the g*ddamn cracker.” “We don’t allow faggots and lesbians” in the New Black Panther Army Envisions a world where every black person is “ready to bang on this cracker” Wants to take over neighborhoods “block by block” so “crackers…or even the developer” would be scared to come into them “We’re taught to send this cracker to the cemetery… so kiss ‘em goodbye”

These people, Al Sharpton etc do not speak for all black people yet they seem to be the only voices we hear!
The New Black Panthers are cuckoo, yet they are allowed to get away with a bounty on Zimmerman, nary a word from our Justice Dept. That's the sort of thing many of us are fed up with.

OMG, I could not agree more!  Why isn't the Justice Dpt doing something about it?  This whole Black Panthers thing is such BS!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:43:43 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #325 on: June 01, 2012, 07:40:08 PM »

In March, Land spoke of African-American activists and the Rev. Al Sharpton as “racial ambulance chasers” in the Martin case, in which the 17-year-old was shot to death in Florida by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman.

“When there is violence it’s going to be Jesse Jackson’s fault,” Land said on his show, according to the Religion News Service. “It’s going to be Al Sharpton’s fault. It’s going to be Louis Farrakhan’s fault, and to a certain degree it’s going to be President Obama’s fault.”

Thanks Muffy. I think you're replying to the wrong poster.  You've quoted Toler.  MB
I understand why those feelings exist, but to add Obama's name just shows this pastor is also stirring the racist pot.  Anyone could see from Obaman's full statement that he has no hidden agenda.  He just feels Trayvon was cheated out of a full investigation and he has concerns about the Stand Your Ground law and how it was applied in this case.  

Also, the fact that only three names keep coming up (Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakan) makes me wonder if that whole thing is not being blown way out of proportion in an effort to villify others who have legitimate concerns?

I was working in downtown Seattle during the Rodney King riots.  All of downtown Seattle closed down early that weekday afternoon because there was going to be a march through the city and a lot of folks were scared of more rioting.  I had to stay due to some work related issues and by choice because I just wasn't overly worried about it.  So, I'm leaving the office and down the middle of the street come the marchers, white, black, asian, tall, short, boy, girl, old and young, marching for peace and marching for justice.  One hood-looking black girl raised a sign she was carrying with Rodney's face on it, then she raised her arm high and flashed me the peace sign.  Our eyes met and here I was, a young white woman, looking at this gold toothed black girl, and we were just people, fearless and human, wanting nothing more than peace.  She had a really beautiful smile, gold teeth and all.

I do agree the pastor was stirring the pot to a degree, but I agree with everything he stated and also about racial tensions still existing so why the need to make it worse? Why doesn't the DOJ step in and make a statement about the bounty on GZ's head? Hatred is ugly and so is the media manipulation and many in this admin who refuse to even acknowledge or prosecute certain cases. I am extremely uncomfortable with the witnesses hanging out with Crump to be honest....he was involved in the Pigford Farms scam which might have started out as a search for justice but certainly didn't end that way:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:44:39 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #326 on: June 01, 2012, 07:43:57 PM »

Edit to add link provided by Toler.  MB   http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2886950/posts

OMG, I could not agree more!  Why isn't the Justice Dpt doing something about it?  This whole Black Panthers thing is such BS!

That is a great question many would love an answer to....wrt your other post I grew up everywhere and in tough areas and I understand what you are saying, but I am also very cautious and evil comes in all forms, a bank president that looks clean cut and is in church every time the door opens is a pedophile, but certain things set off my hinky meter and that hoodie drawn so tight would have been one, and again I have followed or watched numerous ppl - all were white by the way so it has nothing to do with color, it has to do with their behavoirs, loitering in an area where they don't live or dressed in a way that if they did commit a crime , nobody could identify them if they had to.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:45:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2012, 07:45:27 PM »

Thanks Muffy. I think you are addressing the wrong monkey.  You've quoted Toler, and I believe it's their post.  MB 

I do agree the pastor was stirring the pot to a degree, but I agree with everything he stated and also about racial tensions still existing so why the need to make it worse? Why doesn't the DOJ step in and make a statement about the bounty on GZ's head? Hatred is ugly and so is the media manipulation and many in this admin who refuse to even acknowledge or prosecute certain cases. I am extremely uncomfortable with the witnesses hanging out with Crump to be honest....he was involved in the Pigford Farms scam which might have started out as a search for justice but certainly didn't end that way:

Sorry to edit my own post, but this is apparantly witness 5 and 16, that makes me feel VERY uncomfortable and I see $$$$$$$ from Crump. I pray I am wrong, but I find it very odd
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:46:28 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

[
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2012, 07:49:54 PM »

Muffy, sorry!  I thought I saw your name for some reason. 

Island Monkey, I so agree with your last post.  Much respect.   

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »

Muffy, sorry!  I thought I saw your name for some reason. 

Island Monkey, I so agree with your last post.  Much respect.   

And to you also, we should be able to talk about this like we do here at SM, with respect and trying to understand other's points of view.....but I will never understand the DOJ and their actions and lack of actions via cherry picking cases.

[
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2012, 07:58:46 PM »

Hi, Amy's Sister. The problem I see with this situation is the hatred that IS fomented by The Jack$on, $harpton, Black Panther$ etc.

I, too, was in the midst of a 'sit in' way back early sixties in Mississippi. Not intentionally!! Sat a Woolworths counter, waited and waited...waited, began to wonder why everyone else but me was getting served. DUH, two counters and I had no idea, never heard of such a thing. A few months later husband, baby and I were driving in Trenton, New Jersey...with Mississippi plates on our car, a vehicle with 4 black guys drove us off the road...because of those plates. We had a couple more similar incidents. Thank goodness guns weren't as accessible back then. Times have changed, but unfortunately the voices of reason in the black community are, I believe, shut down by fear, intimidation and worse. Just look at what they're trying to do to Zimmerman with that bounty....and maybe the witnesses. 

My hope is that eventually some good will come from this tragedy, we should all be allowed to be heard...and listen to each other. And we should ALL be able to have faith in our Justice Dept. Oh, and it seems to me that anyone BUT conservatives can get away with saying any da*n thing...they're hardly ever accountable. [see Black Panthers.]
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2012, 08:13:35 PM »

Sorry to edit my own post, but this is apparantly witness 5 and 16, that makes me feel VERY uncomfortable and I see $$$$$$$ from Crump. I pray I am wrong, but I find it very odd. QUOTE

WTH...surely this can't be legal, if indeed those are witnesses???
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2012, 08:20:12 PM »

Sorry to edit my own post, but this is apparantly witness 5 and 16, that makes me feel VERY uncomfortable and I see $$$$$$$ from Crump. I pray I am wrong, but I find it very odd. QUOTE

I can't vet this personally since I just snagged that photo and it has their names with it so I can try but if indeed they are witnesses I am going to attempt to not be shocked but it will be hard.  WRT whether it's legal or not, I don't know ....

[
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »

June I 2112

Another Trayvon Martin Situation

By John Mercure CREATED 4:50 PM

Police say the above guy is at the center of a terrible story out of Milwaukee.  75 year old John Spooner has been charged with shooting and killing 13 year old Darius Simmons.

Police say Simmons retrieved the garbage cart from the front of his house and was taking it to the back. As he did that Spooner approached him and said that he wanted his stuff back and accused Simmons of stealing some shotguns. Simmons apparently told Spooner he did not have his stuff. At that point Simmons' mom says she also told Spooner that Simmons did not have the 75 year olds stuff and she told Spooner to go back to his home. Witnesses say that Spooner then pulled out a handgun and shot Simmons in the chest from five feet away. Simmons died in the street.

http://www.620wtmj.com/blogs/johnmercure/156463335.html
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2012, 08:37:14 PM »

Ok, that is Mary Cutcher......I found her FB page and her TV interviews wrt the case are all over it

[
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: June 01, 2012, 08:42:03 PM »

If you bump into George Zimmerman, let him know...
By Steve Frank
Fri Jun 1, 2012 3:33 PM EDT

Former federal prosecutor Kendall Coffey explains why George Zimmerman must turn himself in within 48 hours.

If you happen to run into George Zimmerman this weekend (please, for your own safety, don't approach him wearing a hoodie), please let him know he's wanted back in jail.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester today revoked Zimmerman's bond, ordering the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin back to jail within 48 hours.

Lester said Zimmerman misled the court about how much money he had when his bond was set for $150,000 in April.

Prosecutors claim Zimmerman had $135,000 available that had been raised by a website he set up, and failed to surrender a second passport.

Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara says the finances are an innocent misunderstanding.
 ::snipping2:: 

http://ed.msnbc.msn.com/george-zimmerman

I don't recall specifically, but believe Zimmerman set up his original website a couple of days before he was jailed? Not sure that he would've had much in the account at all by the time of the bond hearing. Then...during the hearing his wife explained that a brother [or bro-in-law] was taking care of the site and that they hadn't spoken to him about it at that time, didn't know how much was in the account.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #336 on: June 01, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »

By Steve Frank

Former federal prosecutor Kendall Coffey explains why George Zimmerman must turn himself in within 48 hours.

If you happen to run into George Zimmerman this weekend (please, for your own safety, don't approach him wearing a hoodie), please let him know he's wanted back in jail.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester today revoked Zimmerman's bond, ordering the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin back to jail within 48 hours.

Lester said Zimmerman misled the court about how much money he had when his bond was set for $150,000 in April.

Prosecutors claim Zimmerman had $135,000 available that had been raised by a website he set up, and failed to surrender a second passport.

Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara says the finances are an innocent misunderstanding.

I don't recall specifically, but believe Zimmerman set up his original website a couple of days before he was jailed? Not sure that he would've had much in the account at all by the time of the bond hearing. Then...during the hearing his wife explained that a brother [or bro-in-law] was taking care of the site and that they hadn't spoken to him about it at that time, didn't know how much was in the account.

IIRC it was 3 days (but I have been swamped at work so I would need to look it up)...I also found Selma Mora Lamilla FB page and ditto, it is her in that pic and same thing....all TM, not as self promoting as MAry's (although that would indeed be hard from what I read)

[
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2012, 08:47:41 PM »

Ok, that is Mary Cutcher......I found her FB page and her TV interviews wrt the case are all over it

Thinking this can only be good for the defense, the more they keep on yacking the more the defense will have to tie them in knots? Or maybe both prosecutor and defense have their sharpies out to cross them off the list?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #338 on: June 01, 2012, 08:49:50 PM »

Thinking this can only be good for the defense, the more they keep on yacking the more the defense will have to tie them in knots? Or maybe both prosecutor and defense have their sharpies out to cross them off the list?

I tend to agree big time.....when oh when will ppl learn to shut their mouth when they are witnesses, and really keep your FB private, although I am glad I was able to find both but stupid on her part.

[
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #339 on: June 01, 2012, 09:01:42 PM »

By Steve Frank

Mr. Frank...I am sure he knows and I would feel comfortable approaching the man while wearing a hoodie.  Smart@@@

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.