March 19, 2024, 04:10:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 362724 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: June 15, 2012, 11:32:34 AM »

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/6/15/zimmerman_new_eviden.html

George Zimmerman: New discovery documents delivered to lawyer
Last Updated: Friday, June 15, 2012 @ 04:49AM

SANFORD --
George Zimmerman's defense team has received another batch of discovery evidence from state prosecutors.

Defense attorney Mark O'Mara confirmed the delivery early Friday on his website for Zimmerman's case.

According to O'Mara, the defense received seven CDs and hundreds of pages of new documents.

"It includes surveillance video, police radio transmissions, crime scene photos, 911 calls Mr. Zimmerman made prior to the night of the shooting, and more," said O'Mara. "The documents include a crime scene diagram and additional reports from the Sanford Police Department, FDLE and the FBI."

O'Mara did not immediately reveal any other details. He said the defense is allowed 30 days to review all the new evidence before it's released to the public.
 ::snipping2::
------------------------
A link from the source above

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/3/23/trayvon_martin_911_c.html

Below is a collection of information, public documents and audio from 911 calls released in the case against George Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder for the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford on Sunday, Feb. 26, 2011.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #601 on: June 15, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »

http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

06-15-12     Redacted Second Discovery
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/redacted%20second%20discovery.pdf
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #602 on: June 15, 2012, 04:45:45 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
Just in: #GeorgeZimmerman prosecutors say they will release 151 jail calls Monday at 10am. #TrayvonMartin. 1H

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: June 15, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
Just in: #GeorgeZimmerman prosecutors say they will release 151 jail calls Monday at 10am. #TrayvonMartin. 1H

They sure are ready to get this out to the public.  Not surprised!  I think the majority of us agree that they both lied.  It doesn't sway my opinion of what happened that night, though.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #604 on: June 15, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »

Charging up credit you know you can't afford then not paying it back is yet another indicator of a person's moral threshold.  Both Mr and Mrs Zimmerman did this at different times during their marriage. 

Angela Corey is doing her job.  It is up to the judge and jury to make the final decision on whether or not they agree with her.  Most people gripe because prosecuters are too lenient or don't go after violent offenders with enough zeal.  Being a prosecutor is a tough gig and requires a ton of strength and fortitude.  It's easy to attack those at the top but until you've walked in their shoes...  Too bad she didn't represent the state against Casey Anthony.   

I googled Angela's name and there are a lot of haters out there!  It means she's doing her job.   
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #605 on: June 15, 2012, 05:43:10 PM »

Charging up credit you know you can't afford then not paying it back is yet another indicator of a person's moral threshold.  Both Mr and Mrs Zimmerman did this at different times during their marriage. 

Angela Corey is doing her job.  It is up to the judge and jury to make the final decision on whether or not they agree with her.  Most people gripe because prosecuters are too lenient or don't go after violent offenders with enough zeal.  Being a prosecutor is a tough gig and requires a ton of strength and fortitude.  It's easy to attack those at the top but until you've walked in their shoes...  Too bad she didn't represent the state against Casey Anthony.   

I googled Angela's name and there are a lot of haters out there!  It means she's doing her job.   

She is definitely doing her job.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #606 on: June 15, 2012, 05:44:42 PM »

Zimmerman and his wife should have thought about the repercussions of lying about the money that they had and they would not be in the mess they r in now, George back in jail, wife arrested and now in fear because her mug showed up in public . Who created the mess but George and his wife.
No one would be in the position that they are in now if George had stayed in his car that night and waited for the cops jmo.
What happened afterwards is anyone's guess but George's actions were what started all that transpired that night. If it turned into a stand your ground scenario, then it did, but it could have been a different outcome and George would be in jail and TM would not be dead.

Island Monkey...agree with your above post. Did not want to stack

Hi Cookie- ITA with yours too, but I am almost sure that SYG is no longer a factor and now it is self defense....who know though, I wonder when or I should say IF the race crap is going to go away....oh, WTH am I thinkng it is an election year-maybe that is what Rye meant about a NG verdict being probematic in 2012. Disgusting and more will be caught in the cross fire of this crap (race baiting) to incite, pressure and instill fear in whomever sits on that jury to vote Guilty no matter what the evidence shows. 

So far, you and I are totally on the same page with most of our views concerning this case

Cookie,

I remember you wrote that your would be too afraid to lie under oath, Me, too! (paraphasing)

SZ was fearless, not only fibbing, but shifting $ from different accounts.

I would be sweating and shaking in my shoes. How brazen, IMO.

I would say she was more fearless, than fearful, that is my opinion.

I agree Seahorse.  I also agree with you that GZ will get a fair trial.  He has a lot of the public's support because many people believe Trayvon was a criminal or somehow instigated the incident or deserved to be killed.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: June 15, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »

Zimmerman and his wife should have thought about the repercussions of lying about the money that they had and they would not be in the mess they r in now, George back in jail, wife arrested and now in fear because her mug showed up in public . Who created the mess but George and his wife.
No one would be in the position that they are in now if George had stayed in his car that night and waited for the cops jmo.
What happened afterwards is anyone's guess but George's actions were what started all that transpired that night. If it turned into a stand your ground scenario, then it did, but it could have been a different outcome and George would be in jail and TM would not be dead.

Island Monkey...agree with your above post. Did not want to stack

Hi Cookie- ITA with yours too, but I am almost sure that SYG is no longer a factor and now it is self defense....who know though, I wonder when or I should say IF the race crap is going to go away....oh, WTH am I thinkng it is an election year-maybe that is what Rye meant about a NG verdict being probematic in 2012. Disgusting and more will be caught in the cross fire of this crap (race baiting) to incite, pressure and instill fear in whomever sits on that jury to vote Guilty no matter what the evidence shows. 

So far, you and I are totally on the same page with most of our views concerning this case

Cookie,

I remember you wrote that your would be too afraid to lie under oath, Me, too! (paraphasing)

SZ was fearless, not only fibbing, but shifting $ from different accounts.

I would be sweating and shaking in my shoes. How brazen, IMO.

I would say she was more fearless, than fearful, that is my opinion.

I agree Seahorse.  I also agree with you that GZ will get a fair trial.  He has a lot of the public's support because many people believe Trayvon was a criminal or somehow instigated the incident or deserved to be killed.

That's really pathetic whoever thinks that TM deserved to die...glad I haven't ran across those people.

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #608 on: June 15, 2012, 06:03:36 PM »

That's really pathetic whoever thinks that TM deserved to die...glad I haven't ran across those people.

ITA. I'm glad I haven't encountered any of those thinkers either.  That would really infuriate me.

I remember when some goons at rival websites, thought that Natalee got what she deserved.  How sick was that!?!

Challapalca him!
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: June 15, 2012, 06:17:55 PM »

ITA. I'm glad I haven't encountered any of those thinkers either.  That would really infuriate me.

I remember when some goons at rival websites, thought that Natalee got what she deserved.  How sick was that!?!

It's sad that there are those types of thinkers out there.  Sick people!

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #610 on: June 15, 2012, 07:05:28 PM »

Was Trayvow, technically, trespassing?  I am curious, if his father met him
at the gate, would TM, still be living?

Will you expound on this?  I'm having trouble understanding it.

Wasn't  TM staying at Tracy's GF house? Didn't he leave her unit to go to the store?  Weren't Tracy and the GF not at home when TM left to go to the store?

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: June 15, 2012, 09:35:54 PM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/15/2851642/fbi-queried-gun-dealers-in-zimmerman.html

Posted on Friday, 06.15.12
FBI queried gun dealers in Zimmerman case

The FBI dispatched at least 10 special agents to Central Florida to investigate the Trayvon Martin shooting, records filed in Seminole County Court show.

The agents interviewed up to a dozen firearms dealers, gun range employees and private investigators about George Zimmerman, according to a court document filed Friday by Assistant State Attorney Bernardo de la Rionda. Another 11 investigators from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement also joined the probe.

“Two FBI agents showed up here with a picture of Zimmerman asked me if I recognized him,” said gun dealer Khaled Akkawi, who was listed as a witness in the case. “They were pretty much asking along the lines of if he had made racial comments or anything. My employees told me it couldn’t be further from the truth.
Prosecutors said they plan to release six recordings of Zimmerman’s jailhouse phone calls being used in evidence in his wife’s perjury case. Initially the State Attorney’s Office said it planned to release 151 of Zimmerman’s calls, but held off after O’Mara objected.
In Friday’s court filing, prosecutors also mentioned 21 more witnesses whose names have been kept secret.

Other witnesses who were named included Akkawi’s employees, two people from a tactical firearms facility in Central Florida, a private investigator and a range master at another gun club.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/15/2851642/fbi-queried-gun-dealers-in-zimmerman.html#storylink=cpy
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: June 15, 2012, 09:49:35 PM »

Travyon Martin shooting: Gun store owner a George Zimmerman witness
June 15 '12

SANFORD, FLA.—A new list of evidence in the George Zimmerman case includes, for the first time, the names of several civilian witnesses—including several local firearms dealers and instructors—but it remains unclear what their roles will be in the neighbourhood watch volunteer’s prosecution, if any.

Among the newly named witnesses is Khaled Akkawi, owner of Shoot Straight, and several of his employees. Why? Akkawi told the Orlando Sentinel the Federal Bureau of Investigation paid him a visit several weeks after the shooting with a photo of Zimmerman, wanting to know if Zimmerman had been to the chain’s gun stores and ranges.

But according to Akkawi, there is a stronger connection to Zimmerman’s shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

“He bought the gun from us,” Akkawi said.

Earlier Friday, Akkawi—who stresses that he is a strong supporter of Florida’s stand-your-ground law, which has come under fire since the Feb. 26 shooting—expressed surprise when told he was named as a witness in the case. But after thinking about it further, he said there were several possible reasons.

In addition to the gun sale, Akkawi said, Zimmerman visited Shoot Straight’s Casselberry location on multiple occasions, had fired on the ranges and interacted with employees. The store also is a major National Rifle Association recruiter, he said, and his employees have testified in court as experts in the past.

Prosecutors on Thursday released to defense attorneys hundreds of pages of new evidence in the murder case, including witness statements, nearly a dozen FBI reports and jail records.

The new evidence also includes email to or from Zimmerman, unspecified email involving Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee, the cell phone records of Trayvon’s father and surveillance video from a bank.

Defense attorney Mark O’Mara received the evidence Thursday, he wrote in a blog post.

A list of the evidence made available this morning identifies dozens of new witnesses, 21 of them whose names are being withheld to protect their privacy. Many other new witnesses also are named, including employees with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Seminole County Sheriff’s Office and Sanford Police Department.

Among the witnesses whose names were released:

• •Akkawi, the manager of his Apopka, Fla., store and two employees of the Shoot Straight in Casselberry.

• •Matt Brantly Jr. and D’ Andre Stinnett of Brantly & Associates, a Central Florida tactical firearms training facility.

• •John Wright, a Sanford private investigator. Wright told the Orlando Sentinel he was hired by the Martin family, but declined to elaborate.

• •Scott McLeod, a former Seminole County sheriff’s deputy now working at Chuluota Sportsmen’s Club.

• •Two men identified in social media as current or former employees of the Gander Mountain store in Lake Mary, Fla.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1212206--travyon-martin-shooting-gun-store-owner-a-george-zimmerman-witness
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: June 15, 2012, 10:02:26 PM »

http://gzlegalcase.com/

Regarding Mr. Zimmerman’s Phone Conversations While in Jail
on 15 June 2012.

On Monday, we will be filing a motion to seek a clarification from the Court about the order regarding Mr. Zimmerman’s phone conversations while in jail. Our motion will contend that the majority of the phone calls are personal and irrelevant to the charges against Mr. Zimmerman or issues surrounding the next bond hearing. Moreover, the public release of these phone calls could jeopardize the privacy of friends and family of Mr. Zimmerman who are unrelated to the case. We will not be objecting to the release of phone calls that include conversations relevant to the the bond hearing or the charges Mr. Zimmerman faces.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #614 on: June 15, 2012, 10:33:56 PM »

I would be very upset if my name were released as a witness in this very volatile case.  It makes one reluctant to answer questions or agree to testify in any future case.

Challapalca him!
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #615 on: June 15, 2012, 11:37:32 PM »

It is sickening.  Most of the comments get collapsed but I've seen several.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #616 on: June 15, 2012, 11:44:44 PM »

I would be very upset if my name were released as a witness in this very volatile case.  It makes one reluctant to answer questions or agree to testify in any future case.

I agree with this totally.  Think of the witnesses who have children and live in that community?  The court should protect these people or at minimum give them the option of allowing the court to name them publicly or request anonymity in exchange for tesitfying.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: June 15, 2012, 11:46:11 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/15/prosecutors-turn-over-more-evidence-in-trayvon-martin-killing-case/

Prosecutors turn over more evidence in Trayvon Martin killing case
Published June 15, 2012

Prosecutors have turned over witness statements, FBI reports and crime scene photos to the attorney representing the former neighborhood watch volunteer charged with killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Prosecutors also said Friday they plan to release 151 calls George Zimmerman made from jail, early next week, but then revised that to only six phone calls after Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara informed them that he would file a motion objecting to the release of most of the calls.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/15/prosecutors-turn-over-more-evidence-in-trayvon-martin-killing-case/#ixzz1xvLUGU3x
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: June 15, 2012, 11:52:46 PM »

I agree with this totally.  Think of the witnesses who have children and live in that community?  The court should protect these people or at minimum give them the option of allowing the court to name them publicly or request anonymity in exchange for tesitfying.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #619 on: June 16, 2012, 01:23:06 AM »

Funny.  I remember waiting and waiting for files in the KC trial. 

It's like AC is throwing her evidence to the media saying, 'look at this'.  And all those FBI agents helping investigate the gun.  How many FBI agents are generally assigned to a missing person's case?  I don't remember a case that had at least 10 assigned.  Anyone?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.