March 18, 2024, 07:52:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 362633 times)
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #660 on: June 19, 2012, 02:49:43 PM »

Zimmerman and his wife should have thought about the repercussions of lying about the money that they had and they would not be in the mess they r in now, George back in jail, wife arrested and now in fear because her mug showed up in public . Who created the mess but George and his wife.
No one would be in the position that they are in now if George had stayed in his car that night and waited for the cops jmo.
What happened afterwards is anyone's guess but George's actions were what started all that transpired that night. If it turned into a stand your ground scenario, then it did, but it could have been a different outcome and George would be in jail and TM would not be dead.

Island Monkey...agree with your above post. Did not want to stack

Hi Cookie- ITA with yours too, but I am almost sure that SYG is no longer a factor and now it is self defense....who know though, I wonder when or I should say IF the race crap is going to go away....oh, WTH am I thinkng it is an election year-maybe that is what Rye meant about a NG verdict being probematic in 2012. Disgusting and more will be caught in the cross fire of this crap (race baiting) to incite, pressure and instill fear in whomever sits on that jury to vote Guilty no matter what the evidence shows. 

So far, you and I are totally on the same page with most of our views concerning this case

Cookie,

I remember you wrote that your would be too afraid to lie under oath, Me, too! (paraphasing)

SZ was fearless, not only fibbing, but shifting $ from different accounts.

I would be sweating and shaking in my shoes. How brazen, IMO.

I would say she was more fearless, than fearful, that is my opinion.

I agree Seahorse.  I also agree with you that GZ will get a fair trial.  He has a lot of the public's support because many people believe Trayvon was a criminal or somehow instigated the incident or deserved to be killed.

i think he was a thug but dont believe anyone deserves to be killed for that. I highly doubt there are many that just because they may support gz think that tm deserved to be killed.u might find some who are racist & think all blacks should be killed just like the nbp think all "crackers " should be "hung from the nearest tree". I think tm was a misguided kid most likely that had his parents put as much time & energy into steering him in a better direction as they have trying to profit off of his death & create race wars, he may still be here today. I support gz right to a fair trial but that in no way means i think he was right in his actions. I also think its sickening that he has been turned into a racist with zero proof of that.

Kcrn

Why do you think he was a "thug"?  He was no angel, that is for sure, but I would not call him a thug, either. Why is he a thug in your eyes?  TIA

I would like to know this also my Grandson wears a hoodie he's 12 and not a thug

thats not even remotely what i said. I dont think i said he was a thug because he wore a hoodie. I also rephrased & said thug would be the wrong word choice. I base my opinion of him on the info that has come out about him. To me, those things mean he may have been a troubled kid. Drugs, possession of burglary tools & fighting. do not make for an all american kid. I have a teenaged son who also wears hoodies & hes not a thug either. I couldnt care less what he was wearing. To gz though, his clothes may have been similar to previous suspects in that neighborhood. It would be like me saying that a girl who wears revealing clothing is a tramp or a kid that wears black & listens to marilyn manson is a devil worshiper. Im not that closed minded & thats not what i implied at all.

Based on what we know, Trayvon had an empty baggie and a screwdriver (plus some jewelry which Miami police stated were not part of any burglary case they knew of).  I've only heard rumors that video of him fighting exist but even those would be suspect unless we could see who actually started the fight and was it one fight or multiple.

GZ... now here we have actual evidence of a thug.  He goes after some kid while armed (which goes completely against the Neighborhood Watch rules in every way imaginable), is super stoked about having a good life because he's been given a couple hundred thousand dollars (of which he spends $80,000 before it goes into the trust), and he instructs his wife to move it around in batches of less than $10,000 each so as not to get caught with it.  Not to mention their history of not paying their debts and forcing debtors to take them to court to get paid, restraining order against him, fired from a job for being aggressive, and attacking a police office (a charge that was later dropped).

I would NOT want an armed and frustrated and dishonest Neighborhood Watch person in my neighborhood.

I understand the angst against reverse racism but it has nothing to do with Trayvon Martin.

trayvon himself has nothing to do with the racism case this has turned into as he is deceased but his parents, their lawyers & all of the over the top race baiters that have gotten involved certainly do.this should have been a case of who did what & how did it escalate. Why do u find tm so blameless in the incident? How do u know gz knew tm was unarmed? How do u know that the scenario carpe laid out is not what occured? How do u know gz did not legitimately fear for his life while he was being beaten into the concrete? I have said ot a million times, the character of both involved seems to be questionable & this was a senseless death but neither side appears to be blameless for what went down. I would bet gz wishes he would not have pursued this kid now. He has to live in fear for the rest of his life whether hes acquitted or not. The fact that he & his wife had financial issues prior to this does notfactor into whether or not he was a thuh or of bad moral character. I know alot of good people who have been down on their luck & couldnt pay their bills. Does not make them bad people. I also never once said gz is a fine upstanding peron. I have no way of knowing. I dont know him or his life experiences. I take issue with the race issue this has become. I also take issue with the portrayal of this kid as an innocent.  Dont think all of the money supporters are sending would be worth what he and his family are going through. Lets take a look at what kind of money the parents have most likely raked in off of this. Must be something if they can now afford not to work & travel all over t he world with this racial agenda. I think lying under oath is wrong too. Punish the wife for that. Its been done. I cant imagine they think for one second that this money they have received will have them living the high life. Im sure most if not all will be used for his legal defense. This racial angst is absolutely caused by what this case has created.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #661 on: June 19, 2012, 03:28:08 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/18/george-zimmermans-phone-calls-jail_n_1605592.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D170832

George Zimmerman's Jailhouse Calls To Wife Reveal Couple's Alleged Plan To Hide Funds (AUDIO)

Posted: 06/18/2012 1:17 pm Updated: 06/18/2012 3:57 pm

The special prosecutor in the case of George Zimmerman, the Florida man accused of murdering 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, released a half-dozen recorded jailhouse phone conversations between Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, which prosecutors say reveal the couple's plans to conceal more than $130,000 of donated money via transfers between their personal bank accounts.

The release of the recordings comes just a week after Shellie Zimmerman was arrested and charged with perjury for lying under oath about the family's financial status during an April hearing in which her husband was granted bond.

Prosecutors say that while George and Shellie Zimmerman told the judge under oath that they were broke, and their lawyer requested a low bond because of the couple's dire financial situation, they were instead paying off credit card bills and transferring funds into his wife's personal bank account from a Paypal account linked to a website to raise defense funds.

In a call on April 12 Zimmerman tells his wife how happy he is about all of the money pouring in from website.

"Oh, man, that feels good… that there are people in America that care," George Zimmerman tells Shellie. "Yeah they do," she responds.

Shellie Zimmerman then tells George how so many people had gone to the website that it crashed several times.

“It makes me feel happy and to lay here and um be okay,” George Zimmerman tells his wife during that phone conversation.

“I’m so happy to know that you’re gonna be okay,” Shellie Zimmerman says. “After this… you’re gonna be able to just, have a great life,”

“We will,” Zimmerman said.

The call was made the day after Zimmerman was arrested and charged with second-degree murder.

::snipping2::

Again, too much being made out of a small portion of a conversation.

G may be feeling relief after learning that people are donating to help him.  He's been arrested in what is a life altering case. He's been hiding, not working, and most likely broke and wondering how he will pay his lawyer or ever have a semblance of life again. All this is affecting his immediate and extended family too.

He's saying he can deal with it all now.  Shellie is reassuring him he will be OK, and when the trial is over (and won), he can get back to his life. (not that they can live the high life b/c of all the money being donated to them)

jmo

Challapalca him!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #662 on: June 19, 2012, 04:48:18 PM »

The video exists.  I watched it.  All I had to do was some googling to find it.  I wasn't sure it would be permitted to be linked here.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #663 on: June 19, 2012, 05:07:05 PM »

JANE:
So this ducktails or dovetails even, Robi Ludwig, psychotherapist who many people will think of as official, with the portrait we`ve seen, I mean, the both of us are currently painting of George Zimmerman up to this this point. Somebody who is sort of living this self-made drama, self-manufactured drama. First, he was a cop wannabe. Now, he`s tinker, tailor, soldier, spy.

ROBI DUD-WIG: Well, I think also, too, if we remember, when he made that 911 call, Zimmerman was not advised to be a vigilante. In fact, he was advised to not do anything.

So here`s a man who operates based on his own ideas, his own instincts, which clearly lead him astray, kept him alive I mean, and I just think this is so wrong. George should have laid down and died. Because clearly thinking for yourself was outlawed years ago when Congress passed the UCTFY the You Can't Think For Yourself Act of 2000. For example: Some people think they are hungry and want to eat a sandwich but wind up eating styrofoam packing peanuts, instead. It is heart-wrenching and so sad. [graphic video clip looped 7 times of the downtrodden common folk eating packing peanuts] Thinking for yourself is very dangerous and can put your life in danger. It is important to ask THE AUTHORITIES first, to see if you are in fact really hungry or perhaps just experiencing gas!

And I`m going to say again, I think we`re seeing a PARANOID BEING here, not even a paranoid human being, he must be debased further, where he doesn`t trust other people, he's a SNEAKY SNEAKERSON. Maybe the only other person he trusts is his wife, and oh yeah Ken... and maybe the at risk youths he donated his time to? Not sure.... Shellie for whatever reason was able to break through his paranoid feelings about people in general. Monkey Devil!
------------------
The JVM show - televised digital brain poison for the thinking impaired. (drip, drip, drip, brewed fresh nightly)

I'm glad her ratings are in the toilet. It gives me hope!

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #664 on: June 19, 2012, 05:58:32 PM »

The video exists.  I watched it.  All I had to do was some googling to find it.  I wasn't sure it would be permitted to be linked here.

while i was googling for it i went to youtube & found an video by a black guy named st patrick whos videos are under the name of thechurchoff***you & his take on the trayvon martin case. Now this is a black man & his opinion is EXACTLY what i believe is true.  Sorry if im not allowed to reference it, not sure if thats allowed or not. I put astericks in the place of letter that spell out bad language.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #665 on: June 19, 2012, 06:39:01 PM »

Has it been made public just how close to or far away from the car that the GZ/TM altercation took place?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: June 19, 2012, 07:20:48 PM »

Puzzler    The document, yet to be released, will show the crime scene diagram and probably include the location of his car.

http://cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/6/15/zimmerman_new_eviden.html

George Zimmerman: New discovery documents delivered to lawyer
Last Updated[qu: Saturday, June 16, 2012 @ 12:01AM

Defense attorney Mark O'Mara confirmed the delivery early Friday on his website for Zimmerman's case. According to O'Mara, the defense received seven CDs and hundreds of pages of new documents.

"It includes surveillance video, police radio transmissions, crime scene photos, 911 calls Mr. Zimmerman made prior to the night of the shooting, and more," said O'Mara. "The documents include a crime scene diagram and additional reports from the Sanford Police Department, FDLE and the FBI." 
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #667 on: June 19, 2012, 07:24:30 PM »

Has it been made public just how close to or far away from the car that the GZ/TM altercation took place?

Here's a map I found..... (on another map, it showed the car on the right side of the bldg where the shooting occurred)

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/04/17/update-9-trayvon-martin-shooting-case-latest-developments/

Challapalca him!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #668 on: June 19, 2012, 09:03:04 PM »

Trayvon physically attacked George. That is a big difference in my book --- and why I classify him as a thug.

A hoodie does not make one a thug... but the way you wear it and carry yourself does make a difference. imo
Example: Who the heck wears one UP while MAKING A PURCHASE in a store? In the north during winter, perhaps.
It's not bright.

The Twitter stuff showed me how his brain works. (does not work) Yes, what a person writes does matter.

All of the stuff, in its totality, combined with the physical assault... yes, he graduated and became a thug.

I try to never say he deserved it - because I am not mean spirited, but I don't see how the end result could change.
He attacked somebody he did not know and got shot - by a person who legally had a right to carry, almost anywhere, anytime.
That's the way  it works. I would have shot him myself, as I do not enjoy the taste of macadam.

He sized George up and decided I can take him - and he got taken himself. So, no sympathy from me for that. That's just Darwin hitting his mark again.

Unlike George, though... I would exercise my right to not flap my big lips. Who in the heck talks about having a great life
after shooting somebody? I swear, that dude, the more he talks the bigger the hole he digs for himself.

I agree 100% - if TM had not been where he was and had not made the choices he made, he would not be dead. the same could be said for GZ but he was a least trying to make it a better area - his way may have been misguided but he was trying.

and...if GZ kept his Duff in his vehicle, TM would be living.

I get what you're saying, but if TM had continued on to his dad's home as was alleged he was heading for, and not physically attacked GZ he would be alive.

I do not think that GZ should have been following but last I knew that was not illegal - he was in HIS gated community. Was he over zealous? Probably. Was he wrong? That I am not sure about.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: June 19, 2012, 10:29:36 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/06/george-zimmerman-will-he-get-bond.html

George Zimmerman: Will he get bond?
George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin, WESH, WFTV, WKMG, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on June, 19 2012 10:38 AM

The jail phone calls between George Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, had TV analysts speculating about whether he would get another bond.

On WOFL-Channel 35, attorney Bob Fisher predicted that a higher bond would be set for Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

“This issue is only is he going to make his appearances, is there any danger to the community?” Fisher told anchor Sonni Abatta. “He hasn’t demonstrated there is any danger and he’s obviously indicated that he’s going to surrender himself when required … I think the judge will set a bond. I just think it will be a higher bond.”

Zimmerman’s first bond was revoked after it was learned that he and his wife hadn’t told the court about more than $100,000 in donations from the public. The phone calls reveal that the Zimmermans talked in code about the money. Shellie Zimmerman was later charged with perjury. There will be another bond hearing June 29.

WFTV-Channel 9 Bill Sheaffer described George Zimmerman as the mastermind behind the plot to transfer and hide money from the court, Daralene Jones reported.

“The court’s going to have to take that into consideration as to whether or not to set a bond in this case,” Sheaffer said.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #670 on: June 20, 2012, 09:41:29 AM »

April 2, 2012
911 call shows Zimmerman stopped following Martin after dispatcher’s request, corroborates story

From the call released by the Sanford Police:

At 2:07, Zimmerman tells the dispatcher, “He’s running.”

At 2:09, you can hear a car door open and an alarm begins that is undoubtedly the “door open, keys in ignition” warning on Zimmerman’s truck.

At 2:13, you can clearly hear the car door slamming shut, and the alarm stops.

At 2:17, Zimmerman’s voice wobbles and he starts breathing heavily into the phone, indicating that he has started running.

At 2:22, without any prompting other than the aforementioned noises and breathing, the dispatcher asks “Are you following him?” to which Zimmerman responds, “Yeah.”

At 2:26, the dispatcher says, “Okay, we don’t need you to do that,” to which Zimmerman responds, “Okay.”
Zimmerman proceeds to give the dispatcher his name. Then he says, “He ran.”
Zimmerman can still be heard breathing into the phone until about 2:39, at which point the heavy breathing stops entirely, a mere 13 seconds after the dispatcher asked him to stop following. A very calm and collected Zimmerman then proceeds to give the dispatcher his own information, directions and a description of his location for another 1 minute and 33 seconds.
The difference between someone running while on the phone and not running can be heard quite clearly, and I encourage readers to listen for themselves.
  Why didn't this want to be cop  stop following him

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: June 20, 2012, 11:17:05 AM »

Alan Dershowitz blasts case against George Zimmerman
Apr 25, 2012 – 7:00

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1585842879001/alan-dershowitz-blasts-case-against-george-zimmerman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIYV5MuoVCQ
Dershowitz: Zimmerman Prosecutor Threatening to Sue Harvard for My Criticism
Tuesday, 05 Jun 2012 05:54 PM
By Alan Dershowitz

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Zimmerman-Trayvon-Angela-Corey/2012/06/05/id/441305

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: June 20, 2012, 11:23:59 AM »

George Zimmerman Jail Calls With Wife Shellie Released … Prosecutors Allege Zimmerman Telling Wife How to Use Paypal Account and Move Money Around

<snipped>

Posecutors say, Zimmerman spoke to wife in code from jail to hide assets. … DUDE, YOUR JOB IS TO PROVE SECOND DEGREE MURDER NOT THIS BS. But when you have next to nothing that does so, I guess your job is to smear the defendant. WOW, this seems more like the prosecution is action like a defense attorney, doesn’t it?

Posted June 19, 2012 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/06/19/george-zimmerman-jail-calls-with-wife-shellie-released-prosecutors-allege-zimmerman-telling-wife-how-to-use-paypal-account-and-move-money-around/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #673 on: June 20, 2012, 12:08:10 PM »

April 2, 2012
911 call shows Zimmerman stopped following Martin after dispatcher’s request, corroborates story

G

At 2:09, you can hear a car door open and an alarm begins that is undoubtedly the “door open, keys in ignition” warning on Zimmerman’s truck.

At 2:17, Zimmerman’s voice wobbles and he starts breathing heavily into the phone, indicating that he has started running.

At 2:22, without any prompting other than the aforementioned noises and breathing, the dispatcher asks “Are you following him?” to which Zimmerman responds, “Yeah.”

At 2:26, the dispatcher says, “Okay, we don’t need you to do that,” to which Zimmerman responds, “Okay.”
Zimmerman can still be heard breathing into the phone until about 2:39, at which point the heavy breathing stops entirely, a mere 13 seconds after the dispatcher asked him to stop following. A very calm and collected Zimmerman then proceeds to give the dispatcher his own information, directions and a description of his location for another 1 minute and 33 seconds.
The difference between someone running while on the phone and not running can be heard quite clearly, and I encourage readers to listen for themselves.

im confused. Seems like that proves that he did stop
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #674 on: June 20, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »

April 2, 2012

G

That is what I was getting at he was asked to stop  "the dispatcher asked him to stop following"

He didn't stop

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #675 on: June 20, 2012, 02:04:16 PM »

Quote from: kcrn link=topic=12964.msg1530556#mysg1530556 date=1340208490
April 2, 2012

G

That is what I was getting at he was asked to stop  "the dispatcher asked him to stop following"

He didn't stop

but it seems like this article is saying he started running after him & u can tell by his voice that he stopped & then proceeded to give the dispatcher his info calmly. How does that prove he continued chasing is what i dont get. How do we know tm didnt stop and confront gz?
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #676 on: June 20, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »

In audio of police call, Trayvon Martin's father worries about his son
June 20 '12

SANFORD, Fla. -- Before anyone in 17-year-old Trayvon Martin's family knew he had been shot in a gated community here, and before 28-year-old George Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder in Martin’s death more than six weeks later – before the protests in between, and before the anguish – there was a confused father worried for his son’s whereabouts.

In recordings provided to NBC News under Florida public records laws, Trayvon’s father, Tracy Martin, speaks with Seminole County dispatchers more than 13 hours after his son was killed.

From the call made to the non-emergency line at the county Sheriff's Office at 8:39 a.m. Feb. 27, it’s clear that Tracy Martin is unaware of what’s happened as he asks if he can file a “missing persons report.”

“I’m from Miami. And my son’s up here with me,” Martin can be heard saying, adding,  “He don’t know anybody up here.”

Father and son are from Miami Gardens – outside the city – but the two had traveled to Sanford to visit with Tracy Martin’s girlfriend.

“Do you know the address?” the dispatcher asks.

“What’s the address, baby?” Martin can be heard saying – presumably to his girlfriend.

Martin goes on to say he hasn’t seen his son since 8 or 8:30 the prior night.

A second county dispatcher representing the Sanford Police Department called Martin back sometime later, asking for details about his son. Does his son have a driver’s license?

“No, he don’t,” Mr. Martin says.

“Ok, does not have a DL,” the dispatcher says.  “And is he white, black, or Hispanic?”

“He’s black,” Martin says.

Asked if Trayvon knows anyone in the area whose house he might have gone to, Martin says no.

“I have a nephew up here,” Martin says, “but he’s not at my nephew house. He hasn’t been over there, either.”

“OK, alright then,” the dispatcher says. “The officers are already on the way. I just want to get a little further – in case, you know, while they’re on the way they might spot him so we can let them know.”

But police, of course, do not find Trayvon. His body, though not yet identified, had been recovered from the scene of the shooting the night before.  ::snipping2:: 

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/20/12321970-in-audio-of-police-call-trayvon-martins-father-worries-about-his-son?lite
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #677 on: June 20, 2012, 08:38:33 PM »

Police chief in Trayvon Martin case fired
Bill Lee submitted letter in April saying he was stepping down
June 20 '12

(CNN) -
Sanford, Fla., Police Chief Bill Lee, who drew criticism for his department's actions in the Trayvon Martin case, was fired Wednesday, his spokeswoman said.

Spokeswoman Sara Brady said Sanford City Manager Norton Bonaparte made the decision.

Lee had submitted a resignation letter in April that said he was stepping down, but city commissioners voted not to accept it.

In March, he had said he was stepping down temporarily in the wake of the public furor over the failure of the police to arrest George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who has said his shooting of Martin on February 26 was an act of self-defense.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.wfmz.com/news/Police-chief-in-Trayvon-Martin-case-fired/-/121458/15181168/-/vf57j8/-/index.html
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: June 20, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »

During an NAACP forum in Sanford last week, Trayvon's parents appealed to a crowd of about 100 people to press for Lee's firing and an investigation into the Sanford Police Department.

"You can't heal with the same people in place," said Tracy Martin, Trayvon's father. "If Chief Bill Lee is hired back, the same things are going to happen."  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/os-sanford-police-chief-fired-bill-lee-20120620,0,6249934.story

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #679 on: June 20, 2012, 08:55:51 PM »

In audio of police call, Trayvon Martin's father worries about his son
June 20 '12

SANFORD, Fla. -- Before anyone in 17-year-old Trayvon Martin's family knew he had been shot in a gated community here, and before 28-year-old George Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder in Martin’s death more than six weeks later – before the protests in between, and before the anguish – there was a confused father worried for his son’s whereabouts.

In recordings provided to NBC News under Florida public records laws, Trayvon’s father, Tracy Martin, speaks with Seminole County dispatchers more than 13 hours after his son was killed.

From the call made to the non-emergency line at the county Sheriff's Office at 8:39 a.m. Feb. 27, it’s clear that Tracy Martin is unaware of what’s happened as he asks if he can file a “missing persons report.”

“I’m from Miami. And my son’s up here with me,” Martin can be heard saying, adding,  “He don’t know anybody up here.”

Father and son are from Miami Gardens – outside the city – but the two had traveled to Sanford to visit with Tracy Martin’s girlfriend.

“Do you know the address?” the dispatcher asks.

“What’s the address, baby?” Martin can be heard saying – presumably to his girlfriend.

Martin goes on to say he hasn’t seen his son since 8 or 8:30 the prior night.

A second county dispatcher representing the Sanford Police Department called Martin back sometime later, asking for details about his son. Does his son have a driver’s license?

“No, he don’t,” Mr. Martin says.

“Ok, does not have a DL,” the dispatcher says.  “And is he white, black, or Hispanic?”

“He’s black,” Martin says.

Asked if Trayvon knows anyone in the area whose house he might have gone to, Martin says no.

“I have a nephew up here,” Martin says, “but he’s not at my nephew house. He hasn’t been over there, either.”

“OK, alright then,” the dispatcher says. “The officers are already on the way. I just want to get a little further – in case, you know, while they’re on the way they might spot him so we can let them know.”

But police, of course, do not find Trayvon. His body, though not yet identified, had been recovered from the scene of the shooting the night before.  ::snipping2:: 

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/20/12321970-in-audio-of-police-call-trayvon-martins-father-worries-about-his-son?lite

if my 17 yr old did not come home all night in a city where he knew noone im quite sure i wouldnt wait til 830 the next morning to call police. Thats just me though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.