March 18, 2024, 10:19:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 362662 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #860 on: June 29, 2012, 03:14:24 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/06/george-zimmerman-mostly-tedious-hearing-then-drama.html

George Zimmerman: mostly tedious hearing, then drama
June, 29 2012 2:05 PM

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #861 on: June 29, 2012, 03:18:42 PM »

https://twitter.com/RichardHornsby

Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby
Prob with ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬'s bond hearing is he simply relitigated weight of evidence against him; no evidence mitigating fraud on court.

9m Ryan Vescio ‏@ryanvescio
@RichardHornsby yes that might be a problem.

3m Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby
@ryanvescio that's why we need prosecutors like you. If so, O'Mara would have been in jail for wasting the court's time!

Hide conversation

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #862 on: June 29, 2012, 03:34:01 PM »

http://mediallynchingofgeorgezimmerman.blogspot.com/2012/06/zimmermans-eye-witness-austin-brown-and.html

Zimmerman’s Eye-Witness Austin Brown and the LIES his mother told
Jun 26

http://mediallynchingofgeorgezimmerman.blogspot.com/

Tracy Martin facebook posts from 2010 - 15 yr old out of control
Jun 29

Thanks Tupelohoney!

Poppa bear - Hibbity Jibbity. 

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #863 on: June 29, 2012, 03:46:58 PM »

http://mediallynchingofgeorgezimmerman.blogspot.com/2012/06/zimmermans-eye-witness-austin-brown-and.html

Jun 26

Jun 29

Thanks Tupelohoney!

So...does that mean that Trayvon was breaking the law with that hoodie up that night?  Even though it was raining?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #864 on: June 29, 2012, 03:50:30 PM »

https://twitter.com/DaraleneJones

Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones
I asked George's brother why he showed up in court. He said: "I did it for George and Shellie, to show support"

1m Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones
I did get an interview with ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬'s brother. We'll have that tonight at 5. Robert Zimmerman Jr. said he's received death threats

2m Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones
FYI: I tried to speak w/#GeorgeZimmerman's father after he testified. He respectfully declined, and said he wasn't speaking to media anymore

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #865 on: June 29, 2012, 04:28:54 PM »

Jun 26

Jun 29

Thanks Tupelohoney!

So...does that mean that Trayvon was breaking the law with that hoodie up that night?  Even though it was raining?

According to the way the law reads, to me, yes... but I think if a cop arrested him for it... he would be laughed off of the force.
Unless there was something really bad to go along with it... like a store robbery or something. If they start arresting people for simply
wearing a hoodie in public - I think we all are going down.

The only way you can get arrested wearing a hoodie - is to stand next to George. He's got the Luck O the Polish.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: June 29, 2012, 04:32:57 PM »

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0629/Zimmerman-s-attorney-Trayvon-Martin-killed-because-of-his-own-doing
Zimmerman’s attorney: Trayvon Martin killed 'because of his own doing'
June 29, 2012
Mark O’Mara, George Zimmerman’s attorney, suggested at a bond hearing Friday that the state’s case against him in the Trayvon Martin murder case is so weak that it doesn’t warrant more punishment from the court. Prosecutors disagree.

::snipping2::
Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda told the court that the state’s case will show that Zimmerman overstepped his authority as a citizen by profiling an innocent boy as a criminal, falsely acted as a police officer by pursuing him, and shot and killed Martin without sufficient evidence that his own life was actually in danger.

Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, introduced a 911 tape that includes a scream that Zimmerman’s father said was his son’s, medical records that show damage to Zimmerman’s face and head, and testimony from a paramedic who said blood covered nearly half of Zimmerman’s face on the night of the shooting. The evidence, Mr. O’Mara said, was intended to suggest that the state’s case for second-degree murder is so weak that it should play a role in whether the judge should further “punish” Zimmerman by letting him stay in jail until the trial.

“The strength of the state’s case for second-degree murder is something you need to take apart,” O’Mara told Lester.
At the heart of Lester’s looming decision is the extent to which Zimmerman’s credibility has been wrecked by his decision to conspire to deceive the court with his wife, who said on April 20 that the couple was basically penniless, even as they had been moving around $130,000 of donations from strangers in the days leading up to the bond hearing. At the time, Zimmerman sat stone-faced, “allowing a lie to stand,” O’Mara conceded.

In appealing for the second bond, O’Mara focused on a previous statement by the judge stating that there was a “strong case” for the second-degree murder charge.  O’Mara said the state’s case is actually weak because, in his view, the preponderance of evidence points to a legitimate self-defense claim.

After breaking Zimmerman’s nose and allegedly hitting his head on a cement walkway at least twice, “then [Martin] got shot, and he was killed because of his own doing,” O’Mara said.

(2 page article)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: June 29, 2012, 04:38:04 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmermans-dad-testifies-voice-howling-son/story?id=16672554
George Zimmerman's Dad Testifies Voice Howling for Help Is His Son
June 29, 2012
(Video at Link)

Listen to the 911 Call That Includes Pleas for Help
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/george-zimmerman-911-call-played-in-court-16679286
George Zimmerman 911 Call Played in Court
Shooting suspect's father identifies voice on 911 call as that of his son.
02:37 | 06/29/2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #868 on: June 29, 2012, 04:46:44 PM »

http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/press-releases/32-statement-regarding-june-29-bond-hearing-for-george-zimmerman

STATEMENT REGARDING JUNE 29 BOND HEARING FOR GEORGE ZIMMERMAN
ON 29 JUNE 2012.
In today’s hearing, as part of the defense team’s presentation on the  Motion to Set Reasonable Bond, evidence was introduced to the court to show  the weaknesses in the State’s murder case against Mr. Zimmerman and to support Mr. Zimmerman’s consistently maintained position that he acted in self defense. Further, we submitted evidence through the testimony of a forensic expert verifying  that all the money in question has been properly accounted for. The Court will review the evidence submitted, and we anticipate a decision on bond will be made early next week. The defense requested that the court reinstate the original $150,000 bond.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: June 30, 2012, 08:00:30 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/29/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
George Zimmerman Bond Hearing Turns Mini-Trial; Zimmerman Hijacked by Defense?; Tom and Kate Divorcing; Protesting for the Geese
Aired June 29, 2012 - 19:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: Tonight, we are bringing you all the big moments from George Zimmerman`s huge day in court. Did his lawyer put on a mini- trial? And what`s the judge going to decide? Will Zimmerman walk out of jail or stay locked up? And if he does get out, how much is it going to cost him?

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)
VELEZ-MITCHELL (voice-over): Tonight, a bond hearing like nothing you`ve ever seen before. Fireworks as George Zimmerman goes back to court, fighting for a second chance to be freed on bond.

As witnesses take the stand, including Zimmerman`s own father, are we seeing a preview of the actual murder trial for the former Neighborhood Watch volunteer accused of gunning down Trayvon Martin? Did Zimmerman`s lawyers hijack this hearing? And was it enough to free Zimmerman for the second time?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What happened on April 20? And why did that happen?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Trayvon Martin! Trayvon Martin!

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He said, "Yo, you got a problem?"

I turned around and said, "No, I don`t have a problem."

SYBRINA FULTON, MOTHER OF TRAYVON: This is not a black and white thing. This is about a right and wrong thing.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And they used code. They used other words other than $9,000 to make sure that whoever was listening wasn`t aware of what was going on.

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, ON TRIAL FOR MURDER: If the bond is 50, pay the 50. If it`s more than 50, just pay 10 percent to the bondsman.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There was a transfer of -- into the account of George Zimmerman of $5,580 and also that day $9,900, $9,900, $9,900, $9,900, $9,900, $9,900, $9,900.

MARK O`MARA, ATTORNEY FOR GEORGE ZIMMERMAN: It`s not a grand conspiracy that the state seems to suggest.

(SINGING)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He had lacerations on the back of his head.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So his head was banged into something harder than his head.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: No justice, no peace! No justice, no peace!

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, George Zimmerman`s bond hearing gets hijacked by the defense and turns into a mini-trial. Was this a brilliant ploy to sway the jury pool? Or did it backfire?
Take a look at George Zimmerman in court today, charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin. His hair`s grown out, and George was allowed to appear without shackles and wearing a sharp gray suit. Clearly, the defense is aware that the world is watching.

In the courtroom itself the tension was palpable. The dead teen, Trayvon Martin`s family, seemed visibly upset as the defense played a 911 call filled with background screams the defense claims are from George.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You hear gunshots?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes.
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: How many?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Just one.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: (UNINTELLIGIBLE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t know. No.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hold on a second. I thought this hearing was supposed to be about how George Zimmerman and his wife lied when

they claimed they were broke at the last bond hearing?

But Zimmerman`s attorney, Mark O`Mara, turned this into a showcase of Zimmerman`s injuries and brought in a slew of new defense witnesses, including a surprise appearance by George Zimmerman`s own father, the first time we`ve seen this man. Robert Zimmerman insisted the crucial screams on that 911 call were from his son.

And there were fireworks as he was cross-examined by the prosecutor. Take a look.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Were you able to identify whose voice it was screaming for help?

ROBERT ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE`S FATHER: Yes, sir.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And whose was it?

R. ZIMMERMAN: It was absolutely George`s.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Your son claims that Trayvon Martin had one hand over his mouth and one hand over his nose.

G. ZIMMERMAN: Put his hand on his nose -- on my nose and the other hand on my mouth.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Wouldn`t that be inconsistent with him screaming, sir?

R. ZIMMERMAN: No. From the looks of my son`s injuries, Trayvon Martin`s hands were not just on his nose and mouth.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Something unexpected always seems to happen in these mega cases. Is defense attorney Mark O`Mara trying this case before the trial starts? Presenting Zimmerman`s side of the story to the jury pool? Is this a giant battle for public opinion?

Straight out to the attorney for Trayvon Martin`s family, Natalie Jackson.

Natalie, you were in court today, and I actually saw you at one or two points. And you did not look happy. What bothered you about what happened today?

NATALIE JACKSON, ATTORNEY FOR TRAYVON MARTIN`S FAMILY: Well, I think it`s what you said, Jane. This was an appeal to the public.
But the thing about it is that it blew up in the defense`s face. Here you have -- there are rules of the court. The rules of the court is you don`t put your client on the stand for a bond hearing. The defense broke that rule at the first bond hearing.

And the next rule is that at our hearing the burden is on the state to present evidence. The defense broke that at this hearing. Well, you know, whenever you see these type of measures, these type of tricks, then that means your case is in serious trouble if you have to resort to tricks.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And as I watch this bond hearing today, it appeared, to me anyway, that the defense has basically hijacked a hearing about bail and turned it into a mini-trial where the defense presented its side, its case.

For example, they called the fire department paramedic who treated George Zimmerman after the deadly confrontation. And showed the actual injuries on video in court. Check this out.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He had blood on his face and the back of his head. And that was about all I remember as far as his injuries. I think he had a cut on his nose, as well. A good 45 percent of his head and face were covered in blood.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Joey Jackson, criminal defense attorney. You and I were both watching this. What points did Zimmerman`s side score with this testimony? And was it aimed just at the judge? Or was it actually aimed at the jury pool out there from which 12 people will be selected?

JOEY JACKSON, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, you know what? Jane, I think it had a dual purpose. One you have to convince the judge why. The significance is you want your client out either at the same bail or modified bail which is reasonable.

The second point, of course, is you have to play to the public, why? Because ultimately, if they lose an immunity hearing, then that`s where this is going.
The final point, Jane, is this. Is I think the point was being made that this is not a murder case. This is somewhat of a lesser charge. I think they were trying to establish that the judge has to look at this not really as what it`s charged but what it really is. And if it`s less significant than that, then perhaps bail should be reduced accordingly.

And I think that`s what one of the points the defense was trying to make. Was it effective? Well, the jury of one in this case, the judge, will make that decision in due time.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But Mike Brooks, it is a murder case. And the entire time I was watching this I was expecting the judge to yell out, "What the heck does this have to do with a bond hearing?"

What is all the injuries and how the paramedics responded and how much blood was on his face. What does that have to do with a bond hearing, Mike?

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ATTORNEY: Joey just pointed out the prosecution, they say that they have a strong case, and it`s a second- degree murder case.

So what Mr. O`Mara was trying to do, and I think he did a decent job, was bring people out and say, "Hey, wait a minute. How much evidence -- strong evidence do they really have here?" And that`s what he was trying to prove.

But as Joey said, there`s only one person to convince here. And that`s Judge Lester. And I tell you, he`s trying to be a fair judge. He`s a no- nonsense judge. I think he`s going to rule, will he get bond -- will George Zimmerman get bond? I think he probably will, but it could be doubled.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Well, I`d like to go around and find out how much bond everybody thinks he`s going to get if he is going to get bond. Rolonda Watts, TV personality, you`re a long-time journalist. Do you think he should get out of jail on any bond?

ROLONDA WATTS, TV PERSONALITY: You know, that`s a tough question, Jane. And my personal opinion, you know what that is. I just think that...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: No. That`s why we`re asking. I`m asking you.

WATTS: Yes. Well, there are those who say, does Zimmerman pose a danger to society? Will he disappear and go away? I don`t think -- he`s known all over the world right now. I don`t think there`s any place he can go.
The question of whether he poses a danger, well, those who believe that he hunted down Trayvon Martin and shot that child in cold blood believe he does pose a danger.

Those who say that the jury is still out, that we still don`t know about that say that maybe he doesn`t, maybe he is not guilty. We don`t know.

I personally think that -- I still think that this case is -- it points to -- I`m sorry, I still believe that Trayvon Martin was an innocent child who was shot down by a vigilante. That`s my personal opinion.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. I`m going to interpret as you say he should stay in jail or be released on a very high bail. You think about it. I`m going to get back to you on that. Because we`re going around the room.

Listen to how Mark O`Mara described -- this is the defense attorney for Trayvon -- George Zimmerman, described the confrontation between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin. And he insisted that racism was not a factor. But listen carefully to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

O`MARA: We`ve heard that Trayvon Martin was just minding his own business. And there doesn`t seem to be anything to contest that.

We also heard that Mr. Zimmerman was minding his own business, as well. And that, based upon his history and based upon knowing the neighborhood and a number of young black males who had, in fact, caused burglaries in the area, that he may have focused on him.

Does he say that in any of his statements? No. As a matter of fact, none of his statements suggest any type of racial profiling, any type of profiling whatsoever, except somebody he didn`t know.
(END VIDEO CLIP)
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Natalie Jackson, the attorney for Trayvon Martin`s family, did Mark O`Mara cross a line with that comment referring to break-ins by African-American young males? He`s saying, well, it`s not racial profiling, but he seems to be bringing in those factors. Was he speaking in code?

N. JACKSON: He certainly was. You know, Mark needs to stay off the conservative laws and just try this case with the evidence that`s in front of him.

This -- we -- I was shocked when he brought that in. And I was even further shocked when he brought in a picture of Trayvon at the 7-Eleven buying candy. And he suggested that this shows how big and menacing Trayvon is.
Well, we have his measurements on the M.E. -- the medical examiner`s report. He was 5`11" and 158 pounds. George Zimmerman was 5`9" and 185 pounds.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Bottom line before this court is that we have an innocent victim. Now why -- why on earth was one of those photographs at the 7-Eleven put into evidence? Is it the implication that somehow Mr. Martin, because he was wearing the hoody, is a criminal?

You know, I think that -- you know, in retrospect, that photograph speaks volumes of what we have before you. And when I say that is, imagine if you could, your honor, who is more likely to get robbed on a regular basis other than a clerk at a 7-Eleven store? Did that clerk, who dealt with Mr. Martin, perceived Mr. Martin as a threat because he was wearing a hoody? No. He treated him as a customer.
(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Holly Hughes, criminal defense attorney, former prosecutor, these mega cases always involve unorthodox tactics. But I was shocked, my jaw dropped as I watched this hearing unfold. It was supposed to be a bond hearing. And it turns into a mini-trial with what amounted to closing arguments by both sides.

Did the judge let this get out of control? I was waiting for the judge to say, "Come on, let`s get back to the bond hearing."
HOLLY HUGHES, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, here`s the thing, Jane. One of the factors that the judge has to consider in determining bond is the strength of the state`s case. And he wrote in his previous order, "I think the state has a pretty strong case."

So O`Mara has duty to come back and say, "Well, your honor" -- what he pointed out to the judge, and this is a very fine line the attorney walks, is, "Judge, you said the state has a strong case, but you didn`t hear any evidence when you made that statement. So
I`m respectfully asking you to reconsider, and here`s why."

So to a certain extent O`Mara does need to...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Go ahead.

HUGHES: He does need to put on evidence to a certain extent, but I`m with you, Jane. When he stepped over that line and started picking on the victim and suggesting the victim might have had something to do with his own death, that is a horrible, horrible maneuver, both in court and in the media perspective.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Let`s go out to the phone lines. Kathy, Nevada, your question or thought, Kathy.

CALLER: I thought that it was kind of funny that the -- they didn`t want the prosecutor to cross-examine the guy on the stand.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, yes. That was a whole other thing. And I should go out to Joey Jackson on this, because the entire time we`re watching the hearing, which goes on for almost three hours, we`re wondering is George Zimmerman going to take the stand. Look, he`s all dressed. He`s sharp, he`s in a suit. We know he likes to talk.

And yet it was like Mark O`Mara, his attorney said, "Well, I only want him on the stand if he can say what I want him to say. I don`t want him to be cross examined. I don`t want to open a Pandora`s box."

J. JACKSON: That`s exactly right. Listen, Jane, make no mistake about it. Who was the suit for? Who was the hair, the whole to-do? That was for the general public, right? The whole motion about we don`t want him to come to court in shackles. We want him to come to court as if he`s presentable a non-defendant. And so that was what that was all about. In terms of taking the stand, it is the
Pandora`s box of which you speak.

Why? Goodness forbid he`s said something and he`s crossed up and also gives a preview then to the state as to exactly how and what he`s going to say.
The problem with that, though, very briefly, Jane, is this. In the event that he did say something, I think the judge would have wanted to hear why he misinterpreted and why he misled the court, or his family did, with regard to how much assets they had. That was a critical point that needed to be countered because a judge needs to consider that in re-evaluating whether bail should be given or denied.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, you know, it was funny, because it was sort of like every so often they would come back to the essential point, should George Zimmerman get bail? And if so, how much?
And certainly, the prosecution argued that he shouldn`t get bail, because he`s a liar. And at the last bond hearing, he and his wife deceived the court, claiming they were broke, when in fact, they had tons of money, well over $100,000 that had come in from supporters of George Zimmerman. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This defendant spoke to his wife, Shellie Zimmerman, and they used code. They used other words other than "$9,000" to make sure that whoever was listening wasn`t aware of what was going on.

Why was that done? It was done to hide the money so that they could deceive the court, lie to the court. Mrs. Zimmerman lied to the court, and this defendant just sat there and allowed it to happen. Because he, frankly, was manipulating the whole thing. He was using his wife as a conduit to do this. That`s why there was...

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And Mike Brooks, this whole issue of money. The defense tried to make out, "Well, yes, he lied, but it really was -- he was scared and confused. He didn`t mean anything by it."

But in fact there would be a very obvious reason for him to want to hang on for money. Because you need money to launch a defense. You have to hire experts. You`ve got to get transcripts. You`ve got to -- costs money to do depositions. Yada, yada, yada. It costs a ton of money for a big case like this. Isn`t that why he wanted to keep the money?

BROOKS: Yes. And you know, as Mark O`Mara also pointed out, it wasn`t just legal fees. It was personal expenses, you know, like his light bill and things like that and Chick-Fil-A and everything else.
But Mr. O`Mara, he was -- he`s so right up front. He`s an officer of the court, a very good officer of the court, and he said, well, he should have jumped up and said something when his wife was testifying.

And the judge tried to be fair and said, "Well, I don`t know if he should have jumped up and said something. Maybe he should have tugged on your sleeve to let you know that they did have money."

So, you know, he was trying to make it look not so bad. And he never said, Mr. O`Mara never said that "My client lied." He said he was misleading.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I can`t see him. I don`t want to go out there. I don`t know what`s going on. Yes.
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: There was a gunshot.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You heard gunshots?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Is he right outside?
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Pretty much.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What an emotional day in court. There you see George Zimmerman, dressed in a sharp suit and tie.

I want to go out to Richard Gabrielle, jury consultant. He`s also not shackled. You just saw him rubbing his head. What is the defense trying to project? They requested he be allowed to appear this way.

RICHARD GABRIELLE, JURY CONSULTANT: Well, Jane, what they`re trying to do is they`re trying to present George Zimmerman as a pillar of the community. When he`s dressed like this, he`s obviously sharp. His hair`s grown out a bit. And he looks like a solid citizen.
And I think that is -- that is what they`re trying to convey, that he is a protector of the community. And obviously that plays into his defense of the case.

Let`s face it, you know, his credibility from the moment of the shooting has been in question. With the sunshine laws in Florida, it ensures that everything comes out. So every time he`s on television, every time something he`s interviewed, his image is out there, and they want that image to be a solid citizen.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I wonder if that`s also one of the reasons they brought in his dad, who was a magistrate of some sort.

Let`s play back the dramatic testimony of George Zimmerman`s dad brought into to testify about who was screaming on the 911 tapes. Of course that`s absolutely crucial. Listen to this.
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You are aware -- have you listened to the recordings of his interviews by the police? That`s been publicized?

R. ZIMMERMAN: Some of them I have.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And you`re aware that he states that his voice was muffled. In fact, he claims -- the defendant, your son, claims that Trayvon Martin had one hand over his mouth and one hand over his nose, correct?

R. ZIMMERMAN: You know, I`ve heard so many different things in the media.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Would that be inconsistent with him screaming, sir?

R. ZIMMERMAN: No. From the looks of my son`s injuries, Trayvon Martin`s hands were not just on his nose and mouth.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Natalie Jackson, attorney for Trayvon Martin`s family. Now, there was the verbal point that he was trying to make, but what was the subliminal point, do you think, of bringing George Zimmerman`s father to the stand?

N. JACKSON: I agree with the jury consultant. And I also think they`re trying to make the public focus on the injuries.

Last week the evidence, the actual evidence in this case came out. And every one focused in on all the lies and inconsistencies in George Zimmerman`s story. And so they want everyone to not focus on that.
I`ll tell you, this hearing today, it was also a strategic move, because the prosecutor just finished a two-week trial -- murder trial. So we weren`t sure he was going to be there today. And we didn`t know until today that he was there.

This was an effort to bring in evidence and to have a case with someone who they thought might be a substitute and who wouldn`t be there to cross- examine.

The prosecution did a great job in just disassembling all the witnesses that they put on. Because they were able to point to exact evidence to contradict everything that`s there, to contradict or to mitigate anything that they put on.

So I think -- I think that today was a great day for the prosecution.
(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Does he look hurt?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I can`t see him. I don`t want to go out there. I don`t know what`s going on. There`s screaming. Yes. I just heard gunshots.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You just heard gunshots?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: How many?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Just one. No.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Is he right outside?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Pretty much. Yes.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Does he look hurt?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I can`t see him. I don`t want to go out there. I don`t know what`s going on.

(inaudible)
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: There`s screaming.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You think he`s yelling "Help".
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes. I just heard gunshots.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You just heard a gunshot.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Is he right outside?

(inaudible)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Fireworks at a hearing today that was supposed to be about whether George Zimmerman would get out on bail after having his bail yanked because he lied and his wife lied about how much money they had when they had gotten tons of money in from supporters.

But observers said, wow, it looked like the defense was trying to essentially ambush the prosecution and put on the defense case. They played this video or other videos like it of George Zimmerman describing his injuries. They put on a paramedic who said there was blood all over his face. They put on his dad.
But the prosecution, even though they may not have been ready for all that just immediately responded by fiercely questioning the severity of George Zimmerman`s injuries on the night of that deadly confrontation. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
BERNIE DELA RONDA, PROSECUTOR: At some point the victim does hit him. I mean, but the bottom line is banging? There`s no evidence of that. There`s no evidence and nobody has testified to that effect. The defendant claims he made statements to the police. I would submit the injuries are inconsistent with his head bashed.

If the court -- and I know the court has already reviewed it, those -- that interview he describes being bashed, beaten. Those injuries are very inconsistent. He doesn`t have any skull fractures. He doesn`t have any kind of concussion from that.
(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Mike Brooks, HLN law enforcement analyst, could the defense of George Zimmerman be miscalculating because part of the effectiveness of the defense case is the factor of surprise. And by laying all this out at a bond hearing, are they effectively sort of robbing themselves of, wow, the surprise of what their case is going to be.

You remember Casey Anthony when they started out with this wild theory in opening statement.

BROOKS: Well, you know, to be honest, his injuries that we saw at the police station moments after he was cleaned up by firefighter paramedic, Kevin O`Rourke, who testified today from the Sanford Fire Department, testified his head was 45 percent full of blood.
Well, you know what, I`m sorry. Head wounds are very -- they bleed a lot -- it`s very, very vascular in your head, Jane. And, you know, we`re looking at pictures there. Is that consistent with somebody who was in fear of their life? Who said when he was getting his head banged he thought his head was going to explode?

If they were that bad, Jane, if the wounds were that bad -- I`m sorry, I was an EMT for over 20 years -- if his wounds were that bad, why didn`t firefighter EMT O`Rourke and some of the other folks from the Sanford Fire Department, why didn`t they wrap his head up? Because apparently there wasn`t bleeding that bad.

He said they thought they might get stitches. You heard George Zimmerman talk about during the walk through that they didn`t want to put stitches on it, you know. Are these wounds consistent with someone who was in fear of their life? That`s the question.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. I think you`re making an excellent point. Now, I want to do a round robin. Everybody, very briefly, do you think that George Zimmerman is going to get on bail? If so, how much is the judge going to ask for? Starting with Holly Hughes?

HUGHES: I think he`s going high -- a million dollars.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: A million dollars, which to me says, ok, 10 percent of a million, $100,000. I`m wondering do you think, Holly, as a follow-up, would he have that from what we`re hearing about his support?

HUGHES: I think he would. I think he`d be able to post it, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wow. A million dollars. Rolonda Watts, what do you think?

WATTS: Well, if he doesn`t deny the people again like in court, I think it will definitely be a very, very high bond if they agree to give him bond. But I think Zimmerman is a dangerous man but we`ll see what the judge says. But I think it will be very, very high if he agrees to it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Joey Jackson, what do you think?

JACKSON: You know what; I can`t put a dollar figure on it, Jane. But I think it will be significantly more than it is now. I know Mike Brooks said earlier, double -- is it double? Is it triple? It`s ultimately up to the judge to decide. He will be granted bail. I believe he`ll also make it.

There were misrepresentations that concern the court and I think as a result of that -- the result of there being resources there to pay bail -- the judge will act accordingly and increase it.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Very briefly, Mike Brooks.

BROOKS: It`s bail, not a punishment. I`d say $500,000.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Richard Gabriel, briefly.

GABRIEL: I`d go along with that. I think it`s a matter of credibility. I think the judge questions his credibility. And I think he`s going to get out. But I think the court`s going to be looking at him real carefully.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And final word, Natalie Jackson.

JACKSON: I agree with Holly. If the judge grants bail, the state originally asked for a million dollars and I think that a million dollars it will be with lots of conditions.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Thank you. Fantastic panel. We are all over this case come Monday.

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #870 on: June 30, 2012, 11:57:59 PM »

http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/20120625005-shocking-tweet.html

SHOCKING NEW BLACK PANTHER TWEET

St Pete/ Tampa NBPP
"Kill these racist honkeys, these crackers, these pigs, these pink people, it has been long overdue."

St Pete/ Tampa NBPP
"We not racist people, they are racist people oppressing us & they killing us everyday.  I said they are oppressing us & they killing us everyday."

Challapalca him!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #871 on: July 01, 2012, 05:58:27 AM »

Death threats continue.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #872 on: July 01, 2012, 12:23:57 PM »

http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/20120625005-shocking-tweet.html

SHOCKING NEW BLACK PANTHER TWEET

St Pete/ Tampa NBPP
"Kill these racist honkeys, these crackers, these pigs, these pink people, it has been long overdue."

St Pete/ Tampa NBPP
"We not racist people, they are racist people oppressing us & they killing us everyday.  I said they are oppressing us & they killing us everyday."

So what happens when someone takes this seriously and kills?  Will the author of this tweet face charges?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #873 on: July 02, 2012, 12:43:14 PM »

Massive mural memorializing slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin is going up in East New York
July 2 '12

The city’s first known Trayvon Martin mural is going up on a wall of an East New York laundromat - adding to a brewing campaign to make sure history doesn’t snub the slain teen’s image.

Teenage boys will start painting the 100-foot picture July 16 on New Lots Laundromat’s wall underneath the elevated tracks of the IRT No. 3 train.

The East New York mural will join a growing list of similar street art popping up in black neighborhoods across the country.

“We want him to become a martyr, and it’s sad that we even have to say that,” said Catherine Green, executive director of ARTs East New York Inc., who is overseeing the project.

“We want to see change coming out of this. People see a young man with a hoodie and they think he is a criminal.”

The seven young painters will show off the outline for the giant image in mid-July but are set on drawing Martin dressed in the his famed sweatshirt.

“It goes back to hip-hop and how people dress. When you see that hoodie, it signifies what people think about our young men in our community,” Green said.  ::snipping2:: 

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/massive-mural-memorializing-slain-florida-teen-trayvon-martin-east-new-york-article-1.1105181#ixzz1zU3sBmhr
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: July 02, 2012, 12:47:14 PM »

Massive mural memorializing slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin is going up in East New York
July 2 '12

The city’s first known Trayvon Martin mural is going up on a wall of an East New York laundromat - adding to a brewing campaign to make sure history doesn’t snub the slain teen’s image.

Teenage boys will start painting the 100-foot picture July 16 on New Lots Laundromat’s wall underneath the elevated tracks of the IRT No. 3 train.

The East New York mural will join a growing list of similar street art popping up in black neighborhoods across the country.

“We want him to become a martyr, and it’s sad that we even have to say that,” said Catherine Green, executive director of ARTs East New York Inc., who is overseeing the project.

“We want to see change coming out of this. People see a young man with a hoodie and they think he is a criminal.”

The seven young painters will show off the outline for the giant image in mid-July but are set on drawing Martin dressed in the his famed sweatshirt.

“It goes back to hip-hop and how people dress. When you see that hoodie, it signifies what people think about our young men in our community,” Green said.  ::snipping2:: 

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/massive-mural-memorializing-slain-florida-teen-trayvon-martin-east-new-york-article-1.1105181#ixzz1zU3sBmhr

But will it be the image of Trayvon as a little boy, or as Trayvon the young man that he was at the time of his death.  And yes, to me it does make a difference.  JMHO

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #875 on: July 02, 2012, 02:13:38 PM »

But will it be the image of Trayvon as a little boy, or as Trayvon the young man that he was at the time of his death.  And yes, to me it does make a difference.  JMHO
When I signed onto my twitter account this morning, I had a new follower....Benjamin Crump!?!  IDK why....but I just asked him your question, so let's see if he responds.  I agree....it does make a difference to me as well.  I'm all for the truth and facts, in all instances.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #876 on: July 02, 2012, 02:20:28 PM »

“It goes back to hip-hop and how people dress. When you see that hoodie, it signifies what people think about our young men in our community,” Green said.

Edit to add date of article MB  July 2, 2012
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/massive-mural-memorializing-slain-florida-teen-trayvon-martin-east-new-york-article-1.1105181#ixzz1zURmKmr5
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:46:31 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #877 on: July 02, 2012, 05:43:19 PM »

OOPS, Muffy, I'm sorry about the date missing in my above post.

https://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
Just in: Judge's spokeswoman: No #GeorgeZimmerman ruling today.  36m

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: July 02, 2012, 05:51:39 PM »

OOPS, Muffy, I'm sorry about the date missing in my above post.

https://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
Just in: Judge's spokeswoman: No #GeorgeZimmerman ruling today.  36m

Thanks for the update tupelo.  I guess we'll just have to wait for the ruling. 
No worries about the date - you usually include it.    

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #879 on: July 02, 2012, 08:31:17 PM »

Hoodies Up! Jamie Foxx Shows His Support For Trayvon Martin At The BET Awards (PHOTOS)
July 2 '12

From the red carpet to the after-party, if you were like us, you were glued to your seats and taking in all of the action during last night's BET Awards. While the world was watching, Jamie Foxx used his shine to show support for Trayvon Martin and his family by wearing a red t-shirt bearing the now famous image of Trayvon wearing a white hoodie.

While most people take the time to change during the show, before they present an award, Jamie opted to stay in his t-shirt and make the statement to the world, that he supports the Martin family and that he recognizes the injustice that took place on the fatal night we lost young Trayvon.

We applaud the Django Unchained actor for using his time to shine as a platform to show his support. It's not often that a celebrity steps out of their comfort zone and stands up for what they believe in in such a public manner. Kudos to you Jamie; we're sure the Martin family appreciated the gesture.

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/style/jamie-foxx-trayvon-martin-shirt-bet-awards-2012-photos#ixzz1zVxpoCFh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.