March 19, 2024, 12:11:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 362684 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #880 on: July 03, 2012, 12:00:56 AM »

http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

HIGH PROFILE CASES
State v. Zimmerman (2012-CF-001083-A)

06-29-12     June 29, 2012 Court Minutes
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/June%2029%20court%20minutes.pdf

06-29-12     June 29, 2012 Exhibit Lists
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/June%2029%20exhibit%20lists.pdf

06-29-12     State Response to Bond Motion
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/State%20Resp%20to%20bond%20motion.pdf

06-29-12     State Response to Motion for the Civilian Clothing
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/state%20resp%20to%20motion%20for%20civ%20clothing.pdf

06-29-12     State Response to Motion to Reconsider Disclosure
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/State%20resp%20to%20motion%20to%20reconsider%20disclosure.pdf

06-29-12     States Third Supplemental Discovery
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/states%20third%20supp%20discovery.pdf
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #881 on: July 03, 2012, 01:59:34 PM »

George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin case: Will Zimmerman be released on second bond today?
July 3 '12

::snipping2::
Zimmerman has acknowledged shooting Martin in a February incident that put national attention on the state of race relations and gun control laws in the United States. The Sanford, Florida, shooting sparked weeks of protests and rallies across the country, leading up to Zimmerman's eventual arrest.

He has argued self-defense, telling police that Martin attacked him. But the special prosecutor in the case alleges that the former neighborhood watch volunteer unjustly profiled and killed Martin.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder.

During Friday's hearing, O'Mara argued that Zimmerman, 28, was scared and confused when he failed to disclose the money. But it was the only time he had failed to fully cooperate with authorities, O'Mara said.

"I would suggest that he's evidenced that you can trust him many other times," O'Mara said.

Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda countered that Zimmerman should remain in jail without bail. Zimmerman was complicit in lying to the court and can't be trusted, he said.

"He quite frankly was manipulating the whole thing; he was using his wife as a conduit," de la Rionda said.

Zimmerman did not testify, although O'Mara offered to allow Lester to question him without the possibility of de la Rionda cross-examining him.

Lester refused, and O'Mara declined to say what Zimmerman would have told the judge.

At times, the hearing took on the appearance of a mini-trial, with the defense calling the paramedic who treated Zimmerman and replaying a 911 call that came in at the time of the shooting in an effort to highlight what O'Mara called Zimmerman's "extraordinarily strong argument for acting in self-defense."

O'Mara said he brought up the evidence to counter what he said were suggestions by the judge that the prosecution's case was strong. One of the considerations a Florida judge can use in determining bail is the strength of evidence in a case, O'Mara said.

He said evidence submitted in the case is weak and suggests that Martin "got shot and he was killed because of his own doing."

De la Rionda reiterated that prosecutors believe Martin was an innocent victim accosted by Zimmerman without provocation.  ::snipping2:: 

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/state/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-case-will-zimmerman-be-released-on-second-bond-today-wfts1341321136615#ixzz1zaDYzkYO

2 page article
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #882 on: July 03, 2012, 02:29:44 PM »

Hoodies Up! Jamie Foxx Shows His Support For Trayvon Martin At The BET Awards (PHOTOS)
July 2 '12

From the red carpet to the after-party, if you were like us, you were glued to your seats and taking in all of the action during last night's BET Awards. While the world was watching, Jamie Foxx used his shine to show support for Trayvon Martin and his family by wearing a red t-shirt bearing the now famous image of Trayvon wearing a white hoodie.

While most people take the time to change during the show, before they present an award, Jamie opted to stay in his t-shirt and make the statement to the world, that he supports the Martin family and that he recognizes the injustice that took place on the fatal night we lost young Trayvon.

We applaud the Django Unchained actor for using his time to shine as a platform to show his support. It's not often that a celebrity steps out of their comfort zone and stands up for what they believe in in such a public manner. Kudos to you Jamie; we're sure the Martin family appreciated the gesture.

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/style/jamie-foxx-trayvon-martin-shirt-bet-awards-2012-photos#ixzz1zVxpoCFh
I wonder if jamie wouldvw shown that same support for a white kid
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #883 on: July 03, 2012, 04:27:08 PM »

Evidence Submitted at the June 29 George Zimmerman Bond Hearing

http://www.gzlegalcase.com/

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: July 03, 2012, 05:46:58 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-03/news/os-george-zimmerman-no-bond-decision-20120703_1_bond-motion-county-courthouse-teenager

Judge: I'll rule Thursday on Zimmerman's bond motion
4:58 p.m. EST, July 3, 2012

SANFORD – The judge in George Zimmerman's second-degree murder case said Tuesday that he expects to rule Thursday on whether to release the defendant or keep him locked up in the Seminole County Jail.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. made the announcement at the close of his afternoon court session.

He has begun drafting the order, he told the nearly-empty courtroom, and expects to file it Thursday.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: July 03, 2012, 06:16:51 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: July 04, 2012, 07:49:05 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/marknejame
5h Mark NeJame Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame
@BrandiG6 I think that the fact GZ voluntary surrendered 2x will override other considerations of judge. Risk of flight/danger not proven.

6h Mark NeJame Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame
@BrandiG6 We'll know Thursday if GZ is getting bond or not. Could go either way but I'd guess yes, but high. Wouldn't give odds on it tho.

15h Mark NeJame Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame
RT @renestutzman: #Zimmerman judge: I've begun drafting bond order. I'll file it Thursday. #Trayvon. Looks like we'll see order on Thursday.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: July 04, 2012, 10:07:20 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/02/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Mother of 15-year-old Boy Sue the George Westinghouse School; George Zimmerman Remains in Jail; Michael Marin Commits Suicide after Verdict; New TomKat Divorce Details
Aired July 2, 2012 - 19:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED

And what will the judge decide? George Zimmerman spent the weekend behind bars after his second bond hearing turned mini trial ended without a decision. Prosecutors say the former neighborhood watch captain accused of gunning down Trayvon Martin lied about his finances while speaking in code to his wife about the first bond hearing. Zimmerman`s attorney says, it was all a misunderstanding. Will the judge let Zimmerman out again?
(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What happened here on April 20th, and why did that happen?

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, SHOT TRAYVON MARTIN: He said, you got a problem? And turned around. I said, no. I don`t have a problem, man.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: This is not about (INAUDIBLE). This is about a right and wrong.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Somehow, Mr. Martin, because he was wearing a hoodie is a criminal?

ZIMMERMAN: He sat up and he said, you got me. You got it. You got me. Something like that.

MARK O`MARA, GEORGE ZIMMERMAN`S ATTORNEY: It`s not the grand conspiracy that the state seems to suggest.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He had lacerations on the back of his head.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So his head was banged into something harder.

CROWD: No justice! No peace! No justice! No peace!

(END VIDEOTAPE)

MORET: Welcome back. I`m Jim Moret from "Inside Edition" filling in tonight for Jane. You can follow me on twitter at my name @jimmoret.

George Zimmerman`s fate hangs in the balance. Will the judge rule Zimmerman is not a threat to the community and let him go free on bail? Zimmerman`s second bond hearing was explosive. A so-called mini trial of the century as the defense rolled out a slew of new evidence about the night Zimmerman shot unarmed teenager, Trayvon Martin.

They played in court video of Zimmerman`s injuries and called testimony from an EMT who was there on the scene. Watch this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

KEVIN O`ROURKE, EMT: He had blood on his face and the back of his head. And that was about all I remember as far as his injuries. I think he had a cut on his nose as well. A good 45 percent of his head and face were covered in blood.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORET: Here`s the thing, none of that evidence had anything to do with why the bond was revoked. It was taken away because Zimmerman and his wife lied to the court about their finances. That is the main issue here.

Straight out now to attorney Michelle Suskauer. Michelle, coming to us on Skype.

Now, obviously, the judge here is taking his time making a decision. How do you think the judge should rule?

MICHELLE SUSKAUER, ATTORNEY: I think the judge should grant Zimmerman a bond, but what he`s going to do is take into conversation the change in financial situation. The fact that there was a lot more money than what was originally discussed and revealed. I think the judge is going to let him out.

The defense is saying he`s not a danger to the community. Because what they`re bringing in with new evidence is he was not the aggressor here. So I think that`s why that was significant.

MORET: Well, as you suggest, Zimmerman raised a ton of money through private donations on his Web site. How much cash did he have? The prosecution spelled it out in court. Listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

There was a transfer into the account of George Zimmerman of $5,880. And then also that day 9,900. 9,900. 9,900. 9,900. 9,900. 9,900. And I believe one final 9,900.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORET: OK. If you don`t have a total, the grand total, over 200 grand in donations.

Why did Zimmerman lie to the court in the first place? What did he have to gain.

Michelle, you`re his attorney. You got to be saying, what were you thinking at this point?

SUSKAUER: And I think what you have to portray is that this is somebody who is not a sophisticated individual. He and his wife are not sophisticated. And that this said they were not -- all you can really argue is they were not trying to mislead the court, but this was money that they were going to be using towards their lawyers, towards their defense, towards their living expenses.

But again, I think the judge is really weighing this out. And looking to see really what are the important points here? The fact, is this individual a flight risk? And is he a danger to the community? Is he going to show up at his next court date? The court date after that. His trial, does he have enough money, so he`s going to flee? So what is he going to do? Is he going to raise the bond significantly, continue on house arrest? I think he`s going to. But it`s going to be very high. Much higher than what he let him out originally.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: July 05, 2012, 09:28:04 AM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/05/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE8640M320120705
Bond ruling expected for Trayvon Martin's killer
July 5, 2012

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester spent nearly a week reviewing evidence submitted by defense lawyers at a June 29 bond hearing and a court spokeswoman said he will rule on Thursday.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #889 on: July 05, 2012, 11:54:06 AM »

Zimmerman granted bond a 2nd time in Martin case
July 5 '12

ORLANDO, Fla. - The neighborhood watch volunteer who killed Trayvon Martin can be released from jail while he awaits trial on a second-degree murder charge.

A Florida judge on Thursday granted bond for a second time to George Zimmerman. The amount of the bond was not immediately released.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester had revoked Zimmerman's $150,000 bond last month after prosecutors told the judge Zimmerman and his wife misled the court about how much money they had during an April bond hearing.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/zimmerman_granted_bond_nd_time_in_FmWRSUHArffJEHWzUlxIkI#ixzz1zlPKBzFT
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #890 on: July 05, 2012, 11:57:12 AM »

Zimmerman's Bail Set At $1 Million
July 5 '12

A judge in Florida this morning set bail at $1 million for George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 death of teenager Trayvon Martin.

As The Orlando Sentinel writes, "defense attorney Mark O'Mara said Friday that Zimmerman's legal defense fund had a balance of $211,000, more than enough to cover the 10-percent non-refundable portion charged by most bonding companies.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/07/05/156299517/zimmermans-bail-set-at-1-million
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: July 05, 2012, 12:35:46 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-05/news/os-george-zimmerman-bond-decision-20120705_1_bond-jail-george-zimmerman

Judge: George Zimmerman's new bond: $1 million
11:58 a.m. EST, July 5, 2012

A Sanford judge today ordered George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, released on $1 million bail but called him a manipulator.

It was not immediately clear how long it would take the 28-year-old Zimmerman to arrange his release.

Defense attorney Mark O'Mara said Friday that Zimmerman's legal defense fund had a balance of $211,000, more than enough to cover the 10-percent non-refundable portion charged by most bonding companies.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: July 05, 2012, 12:37:56 PM »

http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

07-05-12  Order Setting Bail
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/SKMBT_363-V12070510360.pdf
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #893 on: July 05, 2012, 01:02:14 PM »

Marshall Frank: Take it from an ex-cop, Zimmerman will walk
Posted July 5, 2012 at 4 a.m.

Having closely followed the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman fiasco since its inception, I've concluded that this case is going to result in a "not guilty" verdict, unless the judge throws out the charges before trial, which is quite possible.

The outrage over Zimmerman not being arrested immediately was nothing but unfounded knee-jerk rhetoric. Now that we know more of the facts, it is obvious police were confronted with a serious issue of self-defense, alleged by Zimmerman the night of the shooting and during the re-enactment the next day. His account was supported, not only by trauma to his face and head, but by passing a polygraph.

In situations like this, the police do not make the decision about charging. The police are obliged to first consult with the prosecutor's office for guidance. Obviously, the State Attorney's Office did not authorize the Sanford Police Department to charge Zimmerman. That's why he was not arrested.

So, why all the anger at the police? Why the hostile attitude toward a police chief, who has since lost his job?

High-profile killings are everyday activity for officers in Fort Lauderdale and Miami. It's a rarity in places like Sanford. Officials there do not have the experience to handle these kinds of cases perfectly. Finger-pointing and accusations against cops who rarely investigate major homicides is unfair.

The media frenzy and public outcry exploded from day one, with untrue accounts of the shooting and fist-pumpers tainting facts to have us all believe that a rabid racist deliberately shot and killed a little boy who was just walking in the neighborhood. MSNBC even altered the telephone tapes of Zimmerman's conversation to make him appear racist.

None of this was true. Zimmerman has a racial mix in his family and has often spent time aiding young black children. Martin was a big, strong kid of 17, easily overmatching Zimmerman as an opponent. Martin's character also was in question regarding his suspension from school, marijuana in his system and mysterious jewelry found in his book bag along with a screw driver. This was no innocent little boy.

After the likes of Al Sharpton got involved, the Zimmerman's family lived in dire fear for their lives, with threats emanating from the New Black Panther Party calling for a bounty on George Zimmerman's head, dead or alive.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/jul/05/marshall-frank-take-it-from-an-ex-cop-zimmerman/?partner=RSS
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #894 on: July 05, 2012, 01:10:29 PM »

Seriously? Judge Releases Zimmerman Again!
July 5 '12

In yet another questionable turn of events, Judge Kenneth Lester ordered George Zimmerman, who will soon stand trial for murdering unarmed teen Trayvon Martin, released on $1 million bail, according to the Orlando Sentinel.  ::snipping2::

One has to wonder whether Judge Lester is biased in this case. It is one thing to grant a murderer bail, because obviously, he isn’t being judged on his crime of killing a random teen but on whether he is a flight risk. It is another matter to grant him bail, after it is clear that he purposely lied to the court and withheld pertinent information.

NewsOne just covered a story about a foolish and violent 20-year-old who was sentenced to 161 years for armed robbery. Even though this degenerate is a first-time offender who didn’t harm anyone with his overly aggressive tactics, it is likely he will be denied his request to lighten his sentence.

Zimmerman, on the other hand, did indeed kill an unarmed youth and was caught lying to the court TWICE, yet he is granted bail TWICE. Yes, I’m aware both examples are two distinct cases, with one dealing with a trial and the other dealing with a bond hearing, still one thing is clear: In this country, second chances are available to those with a very specific skin tone.

Sound off! http://newsone.com/2023935/george-zimmerman-bail-3/
Fixed link.  MB

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:04:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #895 on: July 05, 2012, 01:29:10 PM »

http://newsone.com/2023935/george-zimmerman-bail-3/

Hope this link works?
Fixed.  The link was okay, you just need to leave a space between the link and anything else.  MB
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:04:50 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #896 on: July 05, 2012, 02:25:58 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/RichardHornsby

Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby
Footnote 4 of Lester's Order basically invites State to charge #GeorgeZimmerman w/ Prov False Info in Bail Application http://www.richardhornsby.com/crimes/obstruction/providing-false-information-in-bail-application.html#FS903.035               2m

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #897 on: July 05, 2012, 02:48:09 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/InSession?ref=tn_tnmn

In Session
26 minutes ago

Trayvon Martin's family attorney, Benjamin Crump, released a statement today on behalf of Trayvon's family regarding the second bond issued for George Zimmerman.

“Trayvon’s parents would rather that the killer of their unarmed child remain in jail until the trial, however they respect the ruling of the court and the strong message that the judge sent that deference to judicial integrity is paramount to all court proceedings. Furthermore, they understand that this is not a sprint to justice, but a long journey to justice that they must bear for their son Trayvon.”

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #898 on: July 05, 2012, 02:54:04 PM »

In case this link hasn't been posted before:

http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CriminalDocket/case_detail.jsp?CaseNo=592012CF001083A

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #899 on: July 05, 2012, 03:20:56 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
#GeorgeZimmerman attorney O'Mara tells @WESH his client can not immediately make $1 million dollar bond  4m

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.