March 28, 2024, 11:03:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 363337 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2012, 04:52:32 PM »

I saw the last video of Trayvon briefly. What I noticed was how big he looked! Not like the little fresh faced little kid that we were shown initially when this all came out.

One thing that I really think is not right if I am correct, is that Trayvon was given blood test for drugs when he was the dead person, but GZ who shot Trayvon was not tested. Seems a bit unfair to me. GZ could have had drugs in his system and we will never know. Perhaps that is one of the reasons why he did not consent to going to the hospital that evening for his injuries? Dunno....

BBM

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0516/Report-Trayvon-Martin-beat-bloodied-George-Zimmerman.-Game-changer
 ::snipping2::
Initial reports of the fight, accompanied by pictures of Martin as a baby-faced 14-year-old, created the perception of an unbalanced fight between a gun-carrier adult and a young teen. But at the time of the fight, Martin stood at 6 feet 3 inches and 150 pounds, towering over, but not outweighing, Zimmerman, who is 5-foot-8, and 185 pounds. Zimmerman told the court on April 27 that he thought Martin was an adult and said he didn’t know if he was armed or not.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »

Dershowitz: No Jury Would Convict Zimmerman Of Murder Unless Afraid ‘Black Panthers Might Kill Them’

On Friday, legal scholar and criminal defense attorney Alan Dershowitz joined journalist and author Bernie Goldberg on Fox News Channel’s America Live with Megyn Kelly to discuss the ongoing trial of George Zimmerman for the murder of Florida teen Trayvon Martin. Dershowitz and Goldberg said that the New York Times and Florida prosecutor Angela Cory had irresponsibly furthered a narrative of Zimmerman’s guilt when it appears that he acted in a manner consistent with self-defense.

Dershowitz, who had previously been highly critical of the decision to indict Zimmerman for second degree murder, doubled down on his criticism and included some media organizations for hyping the case.

Dershowitz said that Cory, who handed down the Zimmerman indictment without the input of a grand jury, “raised expectations by politically indicting Zimmerman for second degree murder when there was never any basis.”

He went on to say that the media has largely changed their tune on the facts of the case, with the notable exception of the New York Times.

The New York Times still reports as if the evidence is overwhelming that Zimmerman is guilty. Indeed, they end a story in today’s newspaper shockingly by quoting an unnamed source that made a phone call to police alleging that Zimmerman may have some racist tendencies. That violates the Times own policy about sourcing. They would never have written such a statement about an un-sourced allegation by an unnamed person regarding Trayvon Martin. The Times has a position on this case, and it allows that position to influence its reporting.

Kelly asked Goldberg why the media was so invested in Zimmerman’s guilt. Goldberg said that the storyline fit neatly into a “liberal media” narrative of persistent white racism against African Americans. He said that a number of individuals employed irresponsible hyperbole when discussing the details of this case before it went to trial.

There was the black Congresswoman from Florida who said Trayvon was ‘hunted down like a rabid dog.’ There was the white Congresswoman from Illinois who said his death was a ‘modern day lynching.’ There was the black Congressman from Georgia who said he was ‘executed’ – executed – because he was ‘walking while black’ in a gated community. Then there was the New York Times that gave valuable op-ed space to an author who said Trayvon Martin was ‘shot dead in cold blood.’   ::snipping2::

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2885427/posts
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2012, 05:08:03 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/05/16/what-zimmerman-martin-medical-reports-tell-us-and-media-didnt/
What Zimmerman, Martin medical reports tell us and the media didn't
By John Lott
May 16, 2012

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »

I saw the last video of Trayvon briefly. What I noticed was how big he looked! Not like the little fresh faced little kid that we were shown initially when this all came out.

One thing that I really think is not right if I am correct, is that Trayvon was given blood test for drugs when he was the dead person, but GZ who shot Trayvon was not tested. Seems a bit unfair to me. GZ could have had drugs in his system and we will never know. Perhaps that is one of the reasons why he did not consent to going to the hospital that evening for his injuries? Dunno....

BBM

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0516/Report-Trayvon-Martin-beat-bloodied-George-Zimmerman.-Game-changer
Initial reports of the fight, accompanied by pictures of Martin as a baby-faced 14-year-old, created the perception of an unbalanced fight between a gun-carrier adult and a young teen. But at the time of the fight, Martin stood at 6 feet 3 inches and 150 pounds, towering over, but not outweighing, Zimmerman, who is 5-foot-8, and 185 pounds. Zimmerman told the court on April 27 that he thought Martin was an adult and said he didn’t know if he was armed or not.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

Dispatcher:  How old would you say he looks?

Zimmerman:  He's got button on his shirt.  Late teens.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2012, 05:19:34 PM »

BBM

So late teens is 18...19...= adult?  I was in the Army at 17 and considered an adult.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2012, 05:22:22 PM »

BBM

So late teens is 18...19...= adult?  I was in the Army at 17 and considered an adult.

I reread this and it makes it sound like I am being rude...ha...I am asking if this is what he thought (or he considered an adult).  Sorry about that.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2012, 05:24:09 PM »

Not to me.  IMO late teens is before you become an adult.  The fact is Zimmerman did have an idea of the age of the person he was targeting.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2012, 05:24:54 PM »

I'm not overly sensitive, darlin'.  It's all good!   
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2012, 05:26:12 PM »

Well, that's good.  I'm overly considerate though!  Smile

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »

Zimmerman Attorney: 'My Greatest Concern Is ... This Case Has Already Been Tried' In Media And Public

Video at link.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/05/18/Zimmerman-Attorney-Wait-Until-All-The-Evidence-Is-Out
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2012, 05:30:26 PM »

Is this the Trayvon Martin (except with hoodie on and in the dark) that George Zimmerman saw or was it this Trayvon Martin?  They are both Trayvon Martin of course.  But the second photo is a much younger Trayvon Martin, and the one that has been in the news so much.  Keep in mind, at the time of the shooting Trayvon was 6 ft. 3 in. and weighed 150 pounds.  Look again at the store video.  I'm not saying this is a reason for Trayvon to be shot.  Not at all!!  The point I'm trying to make is, it could have been difficult to ascertain Trayvon's age at the time of the shooting, under the circumstances.  I'm not really good with estimating ages.  Young folks these days (both boys and girls) look a lot older to me than their true age most of the time.  JMHO

Trayvon Martin (myfox.com)

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »

Well, that's good.  I'm overly considerate though!  Smile

an angelic monkey

You're perfectly considerate.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2012, 05:43:43 PM »

In an otherwise unremarkable and inconclusive New York Times report on the latest released findings in the Trayvon Martin shooting incident, the liberal rag decides to drop an unverified, practically un-sourced bomb on George Zimmerman.

When police officers arrived on the scene of the shooting of Trayvon Martin on the rainy night of Feb. 26, they tried frantically to revive the 17-year-old, who had been shot in the chest and was lying motionless behind a row of town houses in a gated community in Sanford, Fla.

Authors Serge F. Kovaleski and Campell Robertson conclude a rambling "he said, she said" nothingburger with this:

The reports may give rise to other mysteries as well, including the identity of a woman who called another investigator, less than two full days after the shooting.

The woman refused to identify herself or give any callback numbers, but told the investigator that Mr. Zimmerman “has racist ideologies and that he is fully capable of instigating a confrontation that could have escalated to the point of Zimmerman having to use deadly force.”

The police were never able to track her down.

Anyone can pick up a phone and say anything to the police, as this apparent non-person did. It's nothing more than an un-sourced quote lacking corroboration, let alone substantiation. Why put it out there? If there were anything to it, why didn't the two reporters here do some legwork so that they might offer some substance to back up such an incendiary claim?   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/05/18/NYT-s-Reckless-Despicable-Attack-On-George-Zimmerman
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2012, 06:02:15 PM »

Hi MuffyBee!  In his own words George states Trayvon is in his late teens.  Whether or not he was babyfaced has no baring, in my feeble mind at least. 

Zimmerman, who is medicated with anti-anxiety medication, was so frustrated that he had called police four times in the prior nine months about a suspicious black male in his neighborhood and each time the police arrived too late to question them so this time he was not about to let the suspicious black teen get away before police got there.

One thing led to another and Trayvon is dead.   

I'm probably biased a little because my sons best friend is the cutest black boy with an afro who also happens to wear a hoodie.  This kid tests in the top of his class and comes from a good family.  I would be devastated if he were shot because someone mistook him as suspicious and/or dangerous.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2012, 06:13:09 PM »

Time Magazine: New Trayvon Martin Evidence: 10 Things You Should Know (Zimmerman's Guilty)

The most relevant new pieces of information in the trial of George Zimmerman from the the Florida special prosecutor's new 183-page report.

The trove of evidence released by Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey seems to shed more light on the case of the death of Trayvon Martin, but makes it more complicated as well.

The document released Wednesday by Corey’s office stretches 183 pages in length and contains several police reports, handwritten witness statements, descriptions of the crime scene, records of evidence taken and even a community newsletter from the Retreat at Twin Lakes, the Sanford, Fla., gated community where the fatal shooting took place.

A close read through the records reveal a few new pieces of the puzzle. Here’s what stands out:

1.New Video of Trayvon Martin before the incident doesn’t show any aggressive behavior.

2.George Zimmerman’s injuries appear consistent with his claims to police.

3.Martin was shot at close range.

4.There are so far no witnesses to the beginning of the confrontation.

5.One witness said the fight had ended by the time the shot rang out.

6.George Zimmerman may have been profiling black males.

7.George Zimmerman was accused of having racist views.

8.Trayvon Martin had traces of THC in his blood.

9.Trayvon Martin may have been running from Zimmerman at first.

10.The lead investigator felt that there was enough evidence, based on what he saw, to charge Zimmerman.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2885432/posts
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2012, 06:36:08 PM »

Witness: Trayvon Martin Attacked George Zimmerman 'MMA Style'

Trayvon Martin’s real actions prior to being shot are finally being revealed. According to Sanford Police Department reports released today, a witness interviewed 90 minutes after the shooting testified that he saw Martin straddling George Zimmerman on the ground and violently battering him “MMA” style before Zimmerman shot Martin in the chest.

The witness said he was inside his home, about 30 feet away from the incident, when he heard a “commotion coming from the walkway” behind his residence. He said he had seen a “a black male, wearing a dark colored ‘hoodie’ on top of a white or Hispanic male who was yelling for help.” The black male “was mounted on the white or Hispanic male and throwing punches ‘MMA (mixed martial arts) style.’” The witness said he called out that he was dialing 911, then heard a pop and saw the black male “laid out on the grass.”

The witness’s account jibes with the physical evidence gleaned from Zimmerman’s appearance when the police arrived; Officer Timothy Smith reported that Zimmerman was “bleeding from the nose and back of his head,” and Officer Jonathan Mead noted that he “appeared to have a broken and bloody nose and swelling of his face.” In addition, medical reports from Altamonte Medical Practice stated that Zimmerman had an “open wound of scalp” and “Nasal bones, closed fracture.”

Zimmerman’s story is holding water. The mainstream media’s story – aided and abetted by the Obama administration – is falling apart. This is quickly turning into Duke Lacrosse II.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/18/Trayvon-MMA-style-attack
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2012, 06:41:40 PM »

Hi MuffyBee!  In his own words George states Trayvon is in his late teens.  Whether or not he was babyfaced has no baring, in my feeble mind at least. 

Zimmerman, who is medicated with anti-anxiety medication, was so frustrated that he had called police four times in the prior nine months about a suspicious black male in his neighborhood and each time the police arrived too late to question them so this time he was not about to let the suspicious black teen get away before police got there.

One thing led to another and Trayvon is dead.   

I'm probably biased a little because my sons best friend is the cutest black boy with an afro who also happens to wear a hoodie.  This kid tests in the top of his class and comes from a good family.  I would be devastated if he were shot because someone mistook him as suspicious and/or dangerous.

I don't think we have enough information at this time in regard to the case.  I read George Zimmerman had two prescriptions, but I haven't seen any medical or psychiatric reports to know his true state. I know some folks that take anti-anxiety meds and they have families, jobs and etc., and I wouldn't want someone to judge them to be dangerous just because they take the medication.  Each case would be different, imo. I have also read there were break ins and thefts in the community, with George having had a bicycle stolen. Below is an article regarding some of the crime in the neighborhood. I don't necessarily believe the crime in the neighbor hood should have resulted in Trayvon's death, but I do think it should be shown there had been problems with crime, and they weren't just in George Zimmerman' mind.  I would like to know the facts in the case.  I wouldn't want to see a young man shot down, no matter what the color of his skin especially if he was innocently going about his business.  And at the same time, I wouldn't want to see a man jailed if he was defending himself because he felt threatened.  I think there is a lot more that we need to know about the case.  And I agree with you Amy's Sister, I wouldn't want a young man shot because someone mistakenly thought he was dangerous. 

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/25/11396690-george-zimmerman-prelude-to-the-shooting-of-trayvon-martin?lite

. Yet in a series of interviews, Twin Lakes residents said dozens of reports of attempted break-ins and would-be burglars casing homes had created an atmosphere of growing fear in the neighborhood.

In several of the incidents, witnesses identified the suspects to police as young black men. Twin Lakes is about 50 percent white, with an African-American and Hispanic population of about 20 percent each, roughly similar to the surrounding city of Sanford, according to U.S. Census data.

One morning in July 2011, a black teenager walked up to Zimmerman's front porch and stole a bicycle, neighbors told Reuters. A police report was taken, though the bicycle was not recovered.

But it was the August incursion into the home of Olivia Bertalan that really troubled the neighborhood, particularly Zimmerman. Shellie was home most days, taking online courses toward certification as a registered nurse.

On Aug. 3, Bertalan was at home with her infant son while her husband, Michael, was at work. She watched from a downstairs window, she said, as two black men repeatedly rang her doorbell and then entered through a sliding door at the back of the house. She ran upstairs, locked herself inside the boy's bedroom, and called a police dispatcher, whispering frantically.

"I said, 'What am I supposed to do? I hear them coming up the stairs!'" she told Reuters. Bertalan tried to coo her crying child into silence and armed herself with a pair of rusty scissors.

Police arrived just as the burglars -- who had been trying to disconnect the couple's television -- fled out a back door. Shellie Zimmerman saw a black male teen running through her backyard and reported it to police.

After police left Bertalan, George Zimmerman arrived at the front door in a shirt and tie, she said. He gave her his contact numbers on an index card and invited her to visit his wife if she ever felt unsafe. He returned later and gave her a stronger lock to bolster the sliding door that had been forced open.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2012, 06:52:07 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/marknejame

Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame

Watch tonight for the latest in #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin case at 7:00PM on @HLNTV's @jvelezmitchell.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2012, 06:53:19 PM »

I just finished reading the autopsy and three things stuck out at me (MOO) -

1: He was a 17 year old with TWO tattoos If he got them legally, his parents had to go with him - unless he is over 18. That makes me wonder - I know I would not let my kids get a tat before 18 even though I have one.

2. There was gunpowder residue in a small area (2 by 2) - this means that the gun was probably only 2 feet from him according the the ER doc I worked with.

3. TM had fatty liver. This is generally caused by alcohol use. There are other causes, but by far the most common is abuse of ETOH. We know this kid was a bit troubled (since he got kicked out of school).  The results of the liver pathology suggests that he likes to party.

These are MOO.

Additionally, the fact that TM was tested for drugs is SOP for deaths - even the old lady that dies in her bed gets a full tox screen routinely. I have no problem with GZ. The police were with him and they can usually tell abnormal behavior especially caused by drugs a mile away. If LEO had any cause to think that GZ was high or drunk, they would have tested him. Clearly, the police did not find it to be an issue.

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt, I base them only on my 10 years working in an inner city ER with great trauma guys (we actually named the drive the stop and drop because the bangers would pull through, shove the guy that was shot out and keep going) and 8 years reading autopsy as a medical malpractice paralegal and learning from experts. I have no formal training in the interpretation of the results and am not a doctor but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night!!! LOL

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2012, 07:33:26 PM »

Eyewitness to the Trayvon Martin shooting speaks out

Exclusively on AC360, a key witness to the Trayvon Martin shooting says police turned away what could have been important information about the case.

It's been almost six weeks since George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin fatefully crossed paths, yet we still don't know with absolute certainty what happened that night. What caused the scuffle in the first place? Did Martin confront and attack Zimmerman, and pose a mortal threat? Or did Zimmerman act with unprovoked lethal aggression? There are plenty of conflicting claims, and very few incontestable truths. ::snipping2::

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/07/video-eyewitness-to-the-trayvon-martin-shooting-speaks-out/

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.