March 28, 2024, 07:25:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 363320 times)
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2012, 09:58:57 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/17/2804894/cries-in-the-night-witnesses-conflict.html#moreb

Cries in the night: Witness conflict about what happened in Trayvon Martin case

Witness accounts released Thursday offer a portrait of George Zimmerman moments after the shooting of Miami Gardens teen Trayvon Martin.

BY MARC CAPUTO, ANDRES VIGLUCCI AND DAVID SMILEY
mcaputo@MiamiHerald.com

At first, the howling in the dark sounded like a dogfight. Then came cries.

“Help! Help! Help!”

No one knows who was crying out.

::snipping2::

One man peeked through his door. At first, he said, he thought the dispute was far away. But the yelling and fighting got louder and closer to his home. When he looked outside, he saw Trayvon and Zimmerman fighting as if they were in mixed martial-arts combat.

Trayvon appeared to be on top.

“Hey, cut it out!” the witness said he yelled.

The two kept fighting. So he ducked inside to call 911.

And then, a shot. Zimmerman’s .9 millimeter handgun fired.

“It sounded like a rock hit a window,” the witness said. “I’ve never heard a gunshot before.”

He looked outside.

“The person that was actually on top at that point was laying in my grass, kind of in a sprawled position — not moving,” he said. “And then I saw another person with his hands in the air.”

That was Zimmerman.

Flashlights from neighbors began to illuminate bits of the night. Police were en route. Zimmerman stood over Trayvon.

“The gun’s on the ground,” Zimmerman said, according to the witness. “I shot this guy in self-defense.”

They appear to be his first words after the shooting.

Zimmerman: “Ah, man this guy he was beating up on me so I had to shoot him." The witness asked what kind of gun Zimmerman shot.

“Did you use a 9 [mm] or a .40?" he asked.

Zimmerman: “I used a 9.” Witness: “Did you call 911 yet?”

Zimmerman squatted down and, the witness said, he could see “blood on the back of his head, grass stains. And by that time I flashed my light down. And there was this kid face down in the grass.”

“Can you please call my wife,” Zimmerman reportedly asked him, the witness said in a follow-up interview a month later. “Let her know what happened.”

The witness complied, called Mrs. Zimmerman and told her that her husband was handcuffed and being held in a shooting. Zimmerman apparently chimed in.

“Just tell her I shot somebody,” the witness said Zimmerman told him.

A Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigator asked the witness later about Zimmerman’s demeanor when he said he’d shot someone. The witness described it as “just quick get-to-the-point-type talk… Almost like, he just did it. Not like he was in shock. Not like: ‘I can’t believe I just shot somebody.’ It was more like: ‘Just tell my wife I shot somebody.’ Like it was nothing.”

Another witness in the subdivision told Sanford Police she believed Zimmerman misjudged Trayvon. “I think he has a temper and I think he got the crap beat out of him. He thought he could take this little 17-year old, and I think maybe he did in self defense, maybe shoot him once, but from what I am being told there was two fires… and the only one that we saw was the one that laid the kid out and killed him."

Another witness, contradicting the first, said she believed Zimmerman was on top of Trayvon when she peeked.

“First we heard like a howling sound,” she said. “And then the second time we heard a more-clearly ‘help’ sound.”

She said she couldn’t tell who was crying out.

“At first I couldn’t see anything. It was dark,” she said. “The second time I looked — I looked so many times outside I don’t know which one was which … What I remember is, it was too dark. And then a guy was on top of another guy — and the shot.”

Though she couldn’t describe the men’s faces, she was able to recall their physiques: “I know after seeing the TV of what’s happening — comparing their pictures — I think Zimmerman is definitely on top because of his size.”

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2012, 01:14:01 PM »

I've been sitting here reading all the posts in sheer abject amazement over the volume of hypocrisy, distortion, and ambiguity  of this entire case.  Now both sides are trying to take a grainy 911 recording and convince others as to what it does and does not contain.

With so many "witnesses" shouting into the dark at the 2 brawlers, what if the 911 tape picked up some of those voices and actions?  Virtually, anything could or could not be on that tape. 

Challapalca him!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2012, 02:14:50 PM »

Alan Dershowitz Says It’s Time To Drop Second Degree Murder Charges Against George Zimmerman in Death of Trayvon Martin

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/05/20/alan-dershowitz-says-its-time-to-drop-second-degree-murder-charges-against-george-zimmerman-in-death-of-trayvon-martin/

Reasonable doubt = reasonable self defense.

Self-defense vs. Second degree murder …

Famed Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz says, it is time for the special prosecutor, State Attorney Angela Corey, to drop the second degree murder charges against George Zimmerman in the death of Trayvon Martin if she wants to act ethically, lawfully and professionally. Dershowitz stated that if the evidence of the doctors reports of Zimmerman having a fractured nose, two black eyes, two lacerations on the back of his head and a back injury on the day after the fatal shooting are valid, prosecutors will have no choice but to drop the second degree murder charges.

There is, of course, no assurance that the special prosecutor handling the case, State Attorney Angela Corey, will do the right thing. Because until now, her actions have been anything but ethical, lawful and professional.

She was aware when she submitted an affidavit that it did not contain the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. She deliberately withheld evidence that supported Zimmerman’s claim of self-defense. The New York Times has reported that the police had “a full face picture” of Zimmerman, before paramedics treated him, that showed “a bloodied nose.” The prosecutor also had photographic evidence of bruises to the back of his head.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2012, 05:53:43 PM »

Trayvon Martin's mother speaks at Baltimore's Empowerment Temple

Trayvon Martin's mother Sybrina Fulton on Sunday morning emotionally addressed Baltimore's Empowerment Temple, the church of the Rev. Jamal Bryant who has been at her side as national outcry has built over her son's death.

"It's so easy for me to cry right now but I can't because I have work to do," she told the congregation. "I was forced into this position, but I believe God is using me."

Martin, 17, was shot to death in February in Sanford, Fla., returning home after a trip to get snacks at a 7-Eleven. A neighborhood watchman named Geroge Zimmerman who shot Martin, though not initially charged with a crime, now faces a second-degree murder charge.

Fulton, wearing a gray cocktail suit with sparkling buttons, said the support of people like those at Empowerment Temple has helped to keep her going.  ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/baltimore-insider-blog/bal-trayvon-martins-mother-speaks-at-baltimores-empowerment-temple-20120520,0,6419681.story
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2012, 07:03:15 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/marknejame

gerard brennan ‏@gerard_brennan

@MarkNeJame THX. I've heard about GZs conflicting statements but have yet to see them. keeping my eyes peeled though....
10:45 PM - 18 May 12 via web · Details
19 May Mark NeJame Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame

@gerard_brennan Want to see #georgezimmerman #zimmerman prior statements to evaluate if consistent or not. Too much misinformation out there
12:45 AM - 19 May 12 via Twitter for iPad · Details
18 May Liz Papa Liz Papa ‏@santa2ndfl

@MarkNeJame they can't use all they r saying about #Zimmerman in trial then leak stuff in #Trayvons #defence even if cant B used!

@santa2ndfl State has 1st discovery re investigation so usually leaked by them. Defense can leak matters but usually from others not police
12:39 AM - 19 May 12 via Twitter for iPad · Details

Rock of NH ‏@AgRockB
@MarkNeJame Thx for taking questions. What is racial profiling?

@AgRockB Racial profiling is when a person is presumed to be a suspect of criminal conduct for the reason of their color.Improper for police
12:30 AM - 19 May 12 via Twitter for iPad · Details
18 May Anna362 Anna362 ‏@AnnaNanna6

@MarkNeJame Just seems strange TM G/F said nothing/called no one, not even 911.Then speaks to Crump.Now says she can hear grass on phone.
18 May Mark NeJame Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame

@AnnaNanna6 Ur points r exactly why depositions, review of discovery & conducting investigations r so imp. B4 ppl jump to conclusions. @cnn
10:10 PM - 18 May 12 via Twitter for iPad · Details
18 May gerard brennan gerard brennan ‏@gerard_brennan

@MarkNeJame THX. Q1: would the Defense have to agree to a lesser included offered by DA? Q2: will there definitely B a pretrial SYG hearing?

@gerard_brennan Fully expect SYG hearing.Could be dispositive.Risk for defense is exposes #georgezimmerman to cross & conflicting statements
10:07 PM - 18 May 12 via Twitter for iPad · Details

gerard brennan ‏@gerard_brennan

@MarkNeJame seems more like a one way attack. injuries, eyewitness, etc. U let HollyHughs intimate zimmerman's injuries were self inflicted

@gerard_brennan Can't help it if someone takes such an absurd quantum leap into the ludicrous. Of course the injuries weren't self inflicted
9:09 PM - 18 May 12 via TweetDeck · Details

Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame

Welcome debate,disagreement, discussions, questions & thoughts so long as civil. Profane, rude or name calling is unwelcome & block U I will

9:08 PM - 18 May 12 via TweetDeck · Details

Patty Johnson ‏@pattymariej

@MarkNeJame Obama injected himself in this case during initial media hype and thwarted due process for GZ, an Amer. citizen, boggles my mind

@pattymariej Disappointed in the Pres. myself.Due process necessitates fair consideration. 1 thing to comment after discovery but b4? Wrong
9:01 PM - 18 May 12 via TweetDeck · Details

Trouble for defense1) #georgezimmerman different statements 2)overcome public belief he shouldn't left car 3)#trayvonmartin not commit crime

Barbara Turpin ‏@bosilady

@MarkNeJame: Another Anthony saga. (we talked about this before) I don't live in FL, but seems they overcharge in high profile cases.

@bosilady Overcharging often backfires. Have won many cases when they did. State thinks it will scare defendant into compliance. Dangerous.
8:44 PM - 18 May 12 via TweetDeck · Details

18 May Jerry Brunet Jerry Brunet ‏@JBinRC

@wishladya @seanlamontlove @MarkNeJame If GZ thought his brains were about to leave his head (death), self-defense JUSTIFIED. Simple

@JBinRC Trouble for State1) prove racism/depravity 2)Stand Your Ground 3)self-defense 4) #trayvonmartin not here to refute #georgezimmerman
8:40 PM - 18 May 12 via TweetDeck · Details

8 May gerard brennan gerard brennan ‏@gerard_brennan

@MarkNeJame what happened 2U? mutual combat? RU trying not to ruffle feathers? I want the old NeJame back. Please refute the nonsense

8:31 PM - 18 May 12 via web · Details

@gerard_brennan Haven't changed. Mutual combat doesn't address who started, merely that they were violently engaged,which they were. Better?
8:35 PM - 18 May 12 via TweetDeck · Details

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2012, 09:15:05 PM »

Trayvon Martin's mother gets an ovation at Balto. church

As Trayvon Martin's mother stood at the altar of Baltimore's Empowerment Temple on Sunday, the Rev. Jamal-Harrison Bryant asked for anyone whose child had also been the victim of "senseless violence" to come forward.

At least a dozen women and men assembled at Sybrina Fulton's feet before she stepped down to grab one of them. She squeezed the woman, patted her back and whispered in her ear. Then Fulton moved down the line, tightly embracing each mother, grandmother and father, each of them too familiar with loss, until she'd touched them all.

Congregants erupted into deafening applause and brushed away tears.

"If it was your child you would not want it swept under the rug," Bryant said, his voice booming through the sound system. "Cheer for them like their child's memory will not be in vain."

Earlier Fulton told the congregation that she was visiting the mega-church to see some of the thousands who have stood with her family to demand justice for her son, who was fatally shot in Florida this winter. Thousands nationwide have rallied to the cause.

Few supporters have been more forceful — or more present — than the church's pastor, Bryant, who has been at Fulton's side since shortly after Martin's death.  ::snipping2::

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-ae-trayvon-mother-20120520,0,6173169.story
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2012, 01:55:25 AM »

Things just keep coming out on Trayvon Martin.

NEWLY DISCOVERED VIDEO Previously Scrubbed From YouTube Shows Trayvon Martin Participating in Local Fight Club | The Gateway Pundit http://bit.ly/Jf4B7L

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2012, 02:03:59 AM »

Do we have any idea how close to Zimmerman's car the fight occurred?

From what I have read it was right beside it with only the sidewalk between it and them. One witness said Z was walking toward his vehicle when hit from behind by the Martin kid. I am guessing that is how he got knocked to the ground because he was caught unaware.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2012, 02:17:20 AM »

The prosecutor in the George Zimmerman case should be disbarred.  http://bit.ly/JHXlpw

The prosecutor in the George Zimmerman case should be disbarred.

Angela Corey, the prosecutor in the George Zimmerman case in Florida should be disbarred.  Her conduct in this case has been so outrageous that no penalty short of her losing her law license is sufficient.

What has she done?

She filed Second Degree Murder charges against George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin.  The problem with that is all of the evidence points not to a second-degree murder charge, but all of the evidence points to the fact that George Zimmerman acted in self-defense.  

The most important facts of the case seem to be not in dispute.  George Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch captain because his neighborhood had been hit by a lot of crime.  He saw Trayvon Martin, called into 911 and reported him.  There was later a confrontation and Martin ended up dead.

George Zimmerman claims that Trayvon Martin attacked him.  The witnesses and the scientific evidence all support that claim.   One witness says he saw Trayvon Martin on top of George Zimmerman straddling him, punching him “MMA style.”

The autopsy report indicates a close but not a contact wound.  A contact wound is where a gun is placed next to the skin and fired.  A close wound is within a foot, where stippling, the hot debris, such as burning gunpowder will hit either clothing or skin.   The entry wound is on his left side of his chest, consistent with Zimmerman being right handed and shooting Martin.

The autopsy report also shows injuries to Martin’s knuckles.

The witness who saw Martin straddling Zimmerman also saw blood coming from Zimmerman’s nose and the back of his head and several photos have been released showing the bloodied back of George Zimmerman’s head.

There is simply no way this prosecutor can claim there is probable cause to believe George Zimmerman committed a second degree murder.

When Angela Corey held her press conference announcing the charges against Zimmerman, she said her office cared only about “seeking justice for Trayvon Martin’s family.”

Seeking justice for the Martin family is the job of the family attorney.   Seeking justice for George Zimmerman is the job of his attorney.  The prosecuting attorney’s job is to seek justice, period.

At that press conference, she announced that she did not charge cases based on public pressure.  That is exactly what she did.

The reason the American justice system works is because we the people can believe in the fairness of it.  Prosecutions are not undertaken to attack political opponents nor are they motivated by political or public pressure.

Yet that is exactly what has happened here.

The prosecuting attorney is the most powerful elected official in an area.  He or she can cause a person’s life to be destroyed and even be sent to prison for a long period of time.

In the United States, our founding fathers were so afraid of an out of control government prosecuting its citizens, four of the ten amendments of the bill of rights offer protections against unfair prosecution.

Fortunately in America, unfair prosecutions are rare.  This prosecution is not only unfair it is very political in nature.  The prosecuting attorney, Angela Corey is up for reelection this fall. The voters of Florida’s Fourth Judicial District should send a very clear message and vote her out of office.

When this case is finally resolved and the charges against George Zimmerman are dismissed, the Florida Supreme Court should disbar Angela Corey.

There are several levels of attorney discipline, ranging from admonition to censuring to suspension to disbarment.  When an attorney is disbarred, they either can never practice law again or after a period of time, if they can show the state supreme court they are a changed person, they can be allowed to sit for the bar exam again.

For prosecuting a man based on public pressure and bringing charges that even a first year law student could tell will never be sustained, Angela Corey should be disbarred.

Edit to snip article.  We can only post the link and partial article.  MB
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:44:34 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2012, 11:00:43 AM »

Family of Trayvon Martin to speak at anti-gun violence rally Friday in ESL

East St. Louis native Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, parents of Trayvon Martin, and Trayvon’s older brother Jahvaris Fulton, will speak in East St. Louis (IL) on May 25th. The family will address the public during the “STOP THE VIOLENCE NOW –THE SENSELESS USE OF GUNS MUST CEASE: We Refuse to Remain Hostage to Crime!!!” Bi-state Youth & Community Rally, set for noon at North End Missionary Baptist Church, located at 463 N. 88th St. in East St. Louis.

Tracy Martin, graduate of East St. Louis Senior High School (1986), and Sybrina Fulton were thrust into the national spotlight when they tragically loss their son Trayvon to gun violence on Feb. 26.

All concerned Metro East and Greater St. Louis area community members can join Tracy, Sybrina and Jahvaris on Friday afternoon to take a stand against violence. Most fittingly, family members of Trayvon Martin will use the urban backdrop of East St. Louis to speak against violence and to plead with local youth to stop using guns senselessly.

Martin and Fulton say that they understand the heartache associated with the sudden loss of a child and want to encourage community members of Tracy’s hometown to remain vigilant against crime. As parents, they want to join Jahvaris in pleading with local youth to “STOP THE VIOLENCE NOW,” and to urge them to find other ways to solve their differences.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.stlamerican.com/news/local_news/article_351cb5b2-a34c-11e1-bfcb-001a4bcf887a.html
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2012, 11:07:16 AM »

Trayvon Martin case lacks malice

MIAMI -- The stack of evidence released last week in the second-degree murder case against George Zimmerman is notable, legal experts say, for what's not in it: firm evidence that Mr. Zimmerman acted with malice when he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey charged Mr. Zimmerman last month, alleging that Mr. Zimmerman, a neighborhood crime-watch volunteer, acted with ill will when he shot Trayvon, who was black, after a Feb. 26 scuffle behind some townhouses in a gated community in Sanford, Fla., where Trayvon was staying with his father.

But analysts say the evidence released so far contains little information to support the prosecutor's contention that Mr. Zimmerman acted with a "depraved mind" when he shot Trayvon -- a standard the prosecution must meet if the murder charge is to stand.

"I still don't see any evidence yet of the elements of second-degree murder," said Miami defense attorney John Priovolos, a former prosecutor. The special prosecutor "has to prove ill will, hatred or spite. I don't see any evidence of his state of mind," he said.

The new evidence also includes photos of injuries to Mr. Zimmerman that could bolster his self-defense claims, and statements from witnesses that appear to contradict some key conclusions made by investigators in an affidavit supporting Mr. Zimmerman's arrest.

The new information "tends to support what Zimmerman is saying, that he was being assaulted," former Miami-Dade prosecutor David Waksman said.

"This case was never a second-degree murder case," longtime Miami defense lawyer Jeffrey Weiner said. "If anything, it was an over-reaction in a self-defense situation."

Mr. Zimmerman was monitoring his neighborhood on a rainy evening when he first noticed Trayvon walking behind a row of homes on his way to his father's apartment. Mr. Zimmerman called the police to report a "suspicious guy" -- the kind of complaint Mr. Zimmerman made routinely in his role as neighborhood watchman.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/news/us/trayvon-martin-case-lacks-malice-636815/
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2012, 11:12:35 AM »

The Most Outrageous Aspect of the Trayvon Martin Case

So now we know, through evidence released by prosecutors this past week, that George Zimmerman, the 28-year-old superhero-wannabe who shot and killed unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla,, on February 26th, had wounds on his head and a broken nose. And as expected, ignorant racists nationwide rushed forward with disingenuous cries of "See!?... that proves the kid had attacked him!" But Zimmerman's wounds suggest one thing: that Trayvon fought like an animal to save his life.

Ever since this story hit the press I've been mortified about how Trayvon has been vilified as the aggressor when all evidence points to him being the one who desperately needed to exercise his state's Draconian 'Stand Your Ground' law. For the life of me I don't understand why the media has not explored this angle more than it has. The simple fact remains here: that a grown man with a gun, safe in his locked car, against the implicit instruction of a 911 police operator, left that car to pursue, confront and kill a child (yes, racists, under the age of eighteen one is legally considered a child) who was holding nothing more than a bag of Skittles and an iced tea.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-ostroy/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman_b_1530050.html 
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2012, 01:01:18 PM »

Do we have any idea how close to Zimmerman's car the fight occurred?

From what I have read it was right beside it with only the sidewalk between it and them. One witness said Z was walking toward his vehicle when hit from behind by the Martin kid. I am guessing that is how he got knocked to the ground because he was caught unaware.

Turbo - TY!

Well, if the fight did happen next to or close to George's car, then it's evident that TM was following GZ and not the other way around.

If TM was following GZ and came up behind him, THAT makes TM the "agressor". 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2012, 01:12:13 PM »

And people wonder WHY Zimmerman was suspicious? This is a gated closed community and the history of problems would warrant suspicion by anyone with common sense. BTW, the ones seen & ones caught were all black males.

Zimmerman was appointed coordinator by his neighbors, according to Wendy Dorival, Neighborhood Watch organizer for the Sanford Police Department. The homeowner's association told residents who saw suspicious activity to call Zimmerman if they could not contact the police. "[Zimmerman] once caught a thief and an arrest was made," said Cynthia Wibker, secretary of the homeowners association. The Retreat at Twin Lakes, north entrance

Police had been called to The Retreat at Twin Lakes 402 times from January 1, 2011, to February 26, 2012[/b].Zimmerman was the caller on only 11 of those calls in that time frame.

Crimes committed at The Retreat in the year prior to Martin's death included eight burglaries, nine thefts, dozens of break-ins (at least one with a woman and infant upstairs) and one shooting. In September, Zimmerman was asked to head up a neighborhood watch.  The City of Sanford posted a "George Zimmerman 911 Call History" listing 46 calls by him between 2004 and the 2012 shooting which was a mistake when checked.

Zimmerman had been licensed to carry a firearm since November 2009. An officer with Seminole County had told Zimmerman not to rely on pepper spray to fend off a loose pit bull in the neighborhood; he told Zimmerman to "get a gun". Zimmerman had called the owner to complain about the dog after it had cornered his wife, and then called animal services on two other occasions to report that the dog was running loose.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2012, 01:19:58 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-21/news/os-trayvon-sanford-police-timeline-20120521_1_special-prosecutor-angela-corey-timeline-investigator-chris-serino

Sanford police prepare down-to-the-second George Zimmerman timeline
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
11:58 a.m. EST, May 21, 2012

In a timeline included in evidence documents released last week, Sanford police spelled out down to the second, what happened the night George Zimmerman fatally shot Trayvon Martin, based on time-stamped calls to their dispatch center.

It shows Zimmerman fired 1 minute, 57 seconds after he hung up.

1911:12 - Call received from George Zimmerman reporting suspicious person

1913:19 - Zimmerman relays that suspicious person is running from him

1913:36 - Dispatcher asks Zimmerman if he is following suspicious person

1913:36 - Dispatcher advises Zimmerman "Okay; we don't need you to do that"

1915:23 - Approximate time call with Zimmerman ends

1916:43 - 911 call placed by (blacked out name) where Zimmerman is heard screaming for help

1917:20 - Shot fired; screams from Zimmerman cease

1917:40 - Officer T. Smith arrives on scene

1919:43 - Officer T. Smith locates and places Zimmerman in custody.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2012, 02:00:07 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-21/news/os-trayvon-sanford-police-timeline-20120521_1_special-prosecutor-angela-corey-timeline-investigator-chris-serino

Sanford police prepare down-to-the-second George Zimmerman timeline
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
11:58 a.m. EST, May 21, 2012

In a timeline included in evidence documents released last week, Sanford police spelled out down to the second, what happened the night George Zimmerman fatally shot Trayvon Martin, based on time-stamped calls to their dispatch center.

It shows Zimmerman fired 1 minute, 57 seconds after he hung up.

1911:12 - Call received from George Zimmerman reporting suspicious person

1913:19 - Zimmerman relays that suspicious person is running from him

1913:36 - Dispatcher asks Zimmerman if he is following suspicious person

1913:36 - Dispatcher advises Zimmerman "Okay; we don't need you to do that"

1915:23 - Approximate time call with Zimmerman ends

1916:43 - 911 call placed by (blacked out name) where Zimmerman is heard screaming for help

1917:20 - Shot fired; screams from Zimmerman cease

1917:40 - Officer T. Smith arrives on scene

1919:43 - Officer T. Smith locates and places Zimmerman in custody.

Interesting, but this timeline doesn't include George Zimmerman's reply "Okay."  after the dispatcher said "Okay; we don't need you to do that.  Why not include all of the conversations before the call ended?  The way this reads, the last words were those of the dispatcher before the end of the call.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2012, 02:30:13 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.  Why is his response missing?  Is it omitted by the writer of the article or the source of the timeline?      

The article cites the following as the source:

"The office of Special Prosecutor Angela Corey from the Report of Investigation prepared by Sanford police Investigator Chris Serino."
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2012, 03:35:35 PM »

10 Things You Don’t Know About the Trayvon Martin Case

Including why George Zimmerman might never go to trial.
Ever since mainstream media finally decided that the February 26th shooting death of black teen Trayvon Martin was newsworthy, which was about a month after black activists began raising hell, there has been non-stop coverage of this tragic crime. Because there are massive volumes of information and because those volumes are updated on a nearly weekly and sometimes daily basis, there’s a need to compile all the pertinent facts.

1. George Zimmerman is a goddamn liar. As early as his initial interview on the night he killed Trayvon, Zimmerman repeatedly told Florida law enforcement agents that while he was on the phone with the police dispatcher shortly before the shooting, Trayvon was “circling my vehicle on foot” and that he was so unnerved by Trayvon’s behavior that he “rolled up … (the) window to avoid a confrontation.” But if this is true—and it damn sure ain’t—why didn’t he mention it during the 911 call with that dispatcher? He also told investigators that during the physical confrontation, Trayvon “had his hand over my mouth.” But if this is true—and it damn sure ain’t—how could he, as he has often stated, have been the person crying out for help? In addition, he told investigators that while he and Trayvon were wrestling on the ground, Trayvon “reached for the gun, and we struggled over it.” But if this is true—and it damn sure ain’t—how come there’s no physical, eyewitness, or corroborating evidence that Trayvon ever touched the firearm?

2. Zimmerman had only minor injuries. The medical report claiming “laceration to the back of his head, a closed fracture of his nose, and two black eyes” wasn’t written by the paramedics and wasn’t written immediately after the incident. It was written instead by Zimmerman’s family doctor and was written later. In fact, his reason for seeing that particular physician was “to get legal clearance to return to work.” Although Zimmerman alleges that Trayvon “punched me in the face, climbed on top of me, and slammed my head into the sidewalk,” he refused to go to the hospital when the paramedics arrived. As an attorney, I’m trained to speak and write as technically precise as possible using applicable legal jargon. So here’s my legal treatise: “If you stalk some dude who was minding his own business and you run up on him and get all up in his face and he then kicks your ass by throwing a few punches to get you to back off and those punches land squarely on your nose and in your eyes and on the back of your head, then your injuries don’t mean shit.” That’s Law School 101, yo.

3. Trayvon wasn’t high, but Zimmerman probably was. A report shows that there was marijuana in Trayvon’s system. Big effin’ deal! The last time I checked, the penalty for smoking weed wasn’t the firing squad by a wanna-be cop. If it were, then a lot of lawyers—including prosecutors—and cops and politicians and even judges would be on death row right now. But there is no evidence that Trayvon had actually smoked anything. The medical examiner’s autopsy report merely says “’traces’ of THC … (that are) below the level that … would have caused ‘performance impairment.’” However, the same can’t be said about Zimmerman. Quite the contrary: He had in his system Tamazepam (a.k.a. Restoril) for insomnia and Adderall for hyperactivity disorder. Separately, their side effects include “severe aggression, hostility, hallucinations and delusions.” Together, they include murder.   ::snipping2:: 

http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_philly_post/2012/05/21/10-trayvon-martin-case/
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2012, 04:03:50 PM »

Ever since mainstream media finally decided that the February 26th shooting death of black teen Trayvon Martin was newsworthy, which was about a month after black activists began raising hell, there has been non-stop coverage of this tragic crime. Because there are massive volumes of information and because those volumes are updated on a nearly weekly and sometimes daily basis, there’s a need to compile all the pertinent facts.

1. George Zimmerman is a goddamn liar. As early as his initial interview on the night he killed Trayvon, Zimmerman repeatedly told Florida law enforcement agents that while he was on the phone with the police dispatcher shortly before the shooting, Trayvon was “circling my vehicle on foot” and that he was so unnerved by Trayvon’s behavior that he “rolled up … (the) window to avoid a confrontation.” But if this is true—and it damn sure ain’t—why didn’t he mention it during the 911 call with that dispatcher? He also told investigators that during the physical confrontation, Trayvon “had his hand over my mouth.” But if this is true—and it damn sure ain’t—how could he, as he has often stated, have been the person crying out for help? In addition, he told investigators that while he and Trayvon were wrestling on the ground, Trayvon “reached for the gun, and we struggled over it.” But if this is true—and it damn sure ain’t—how come there’s no physical, eyewitness, or corroborating evidence that Trayvon ever touched the firearm?

2. Zimmerman had only minor injuries. The medical report claiming “laceration to the back of his head, a closed fracture of his nose, and two black eyes” wasn’t written by the paramedics and wasn’t written immediately after the incident. It was written instead by Zimmerman’s family doctor and was written later. In fact, his reason for seeing that particular physician was “to get legal clearance to return to work.” Although Zimmerman alleges that Trayvon “punched me in the face, climbed on top of me, and slammed my head into the sidewalk,” he refused to go to the hospital when the paramedics arrived. As an attorney, I’m trained to speak and write as technically precise as possible using applicable legal jargon. So here’s my legal treatise: “If you stalk some dude who was minding his own business and you run up on him and get all up in his face and he then kicks your ass by throwing a few punches to get you to back off and those punches land squarely on your nose and in your eyes and on the back of your head, then your injuries don’t mean shit.” That’s Law School 101, yo.

3. Trayvon wasn’t high, but Zimmerman probably was. A report shows that there was marijuana in Trayvon’s system. Big effin’ deal! The last time I checked, the penalty for smoking weed wasn’t the firing squad by a wanna-be cop. If it were, then a lot of lawyers—including prosecutors—and cops and politicians and even judges would be on death row right now. But there is no evidence that Trayvon had actually smoked anything. The medical examiner’s autopsy report merely says “’traces’ of THC … (that are) below the level that … would have caused ‘performance impairment.’” However, the same can’t be said about Zimmerman. Quite the contrary: He had in his system Tamazepam (a.k.a. Restoril) for insomnia and Adderall for hyperactivity disorder. Separately, their side effects include “severe aggression, hostility, hallucinations and delusions.” Together, they include murder.   ::snipping2:: 

Angry much?  Ha...I didn't realize Michael Coard was there that night.  Thanks for sharing this Toler.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #199 on: May 21, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »

Angry much?  Ha...I didn't realize Michael Coard was there that night.  Thanks for sharing this Toler.

I still say that we will never know the truth - but this guy is off the rails.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.