March 28, 2024, 06:56:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 363315 times)
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2012, 05:34:13 PM »

That's a bit of a shocker...Zimmerman back to jail!! Wonder if there'll be another bond hearing or if he'll be stuck there til the trial???
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: June 01, 2012, 05:42:36 PM »

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/47650410/#47650410

Zimmerman Attorney Hopes Bond Revocation Temporary

Video at link
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: June 01, 2012, 05:51:16 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-radio-program-trayvon-martin-20120601,0,5410567.story
Southern Baptist host loses radio show for Trayvon Martin remarks
June 1, 2012

HOUSTON -- Richard Land, a prominent Southern Baptist leader, saw his weekly radio show canceled Friday after he used it to criticize President Obama and black pastors' response to the Trayvon Martin shooting.

The Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics and Religious Liberty Committee also issued Land two reprimands -- for the "racially charged" comments and for using material from the Washington Times without properly crediting the newspaper. Land had served as president of the ethics committee since 1988.

The move comes as the convention, which split from northern Baptists in 1845 in defense of slavery, prepares to elect a black preacher from New Orleans as its president. The Rev. Fred Luter Jr. will become the first African American to head the convention, the nation's largest Protestant denomination.

Many Baptists view Luter's election as a sign that the church is moving beyond its racially tinged past. To some Baptists, this made Land's comments all the more unfortunate.

During a March 31 broadcast of "Richard Land Live!" Land had accused Obama, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Rev. Al Sharpton of attempting to capitalize on the fatal shooting of the Florida teenager. He also appeared to justify racial profiling.

Members of the committee called the comments "hurtful, irresponsible" and "insensitive."

Land initially defended his remarks, then backpedaled, meeting with a group of African American pastors May 2, and issuing written apologies a week later to the convention president, Luter and the public.

But Baptist officials who investigated the incident said that was not enough.
 ::snipping2::
Officials said the show "will end as soon as possible within the bounds of our contracts with the Salem Radio Network."

Land appeared to accept officials’ decision Friday.

"I have said on numerous occasions that I believe in trustee oversight and governance. I am under the authority of the trustees elected by the Southern Baptist Convention. This whole process was conducted in a Christian manner by Christian gentlemen,” he said in a statement.

African American Southern Baptist leaders applauded the decision, and said they were willing to forgive Land.

"We accept his apology and covenant not only to hold him accountable in the future but to work arm-in-arm in the cause of racial healing," said the Rev James Dixon Jr., president of the convention's National African American Fellowship in a statement.

Dixon, pastor of El-Bethel Baptist Church in Fort Washington, Md., added, "Racial reconciliation is not a political issue for us. It is a gospel issue."
The Rev. Dwight McKissic, an African American pastor of Cornerstone Baptist Church in Arlington, Texas, was among those initially outraged by Land’s comments. McKissic attended the May 9 meeting with Land, and was prepared to forgive him, but was pleased the convention took the added step of issuing what he called a “serious reprimand.”

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: June 01, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/southern-baptists-richard-land-loses-show-keeps-job/2012/06/01/gJQARgQf7U_story.html
Southern Baptists’ Richard Land loses show, keeps job
June 1, 2012

A top Southern Baptist official who was accused of plagiarism in a radio segment that claimed civil rights leaders and President Obama used the Trayvon Martin case to stir racial tensions will lose his weekly call-in program but can keep his main job, a church panel announced Friday (June 1).

Richard Land, the influential head of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission and the denomination’s top policy spokesman, was rebuked for racial insensitivity and for not attributing the source of his radio commentaries after a review by ERLC trustees.The controversy over Land’s explosive remarks in a March 31 radio program was especially awkward as Southern Baptists are expected to elect an African-American pastor, the Rev. Fred Luter, as the denomination’s first black president later this month.

The investigators chided Land for “his hurtful, irresponsible, insensitive, and racially charged words” in a broadcast of the “Richard Land Live!” show in which Land accused Obama and black civil rights activists of using the Trayvon Martin shooting to foment racial strife and boost the president’s re-election chances.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2012, 06:15:58 PM »

"The investigators chided Land for “his hurtful, irresponsible, insensitive, and racially charged words” in a broadcast of the “Richard Land Live!” show in which Land accused Obama and black civil rights activists of using the Trayvon Martin shooting to foment racial strife and boost the president’s re-election chances." QUOTE

Thinking he has many folk agreeing with him. Seems we've reached the point where honest opinion is no longer allowed to be voiced. Sad day in America.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2012, 06:37:12 PM »

"The investigators chided Land for “his hurtful, irresponsible, insensitive, and racially charged words” in a broadcast of the “Richard Land Live!” show in which Land accused Obama and black civil rights activists of using the Trayvon Martin shooting to foment racial strife and boost the president’s re-election chances." QUOTE

Thinking he has many folk agreeing with him. Seems we've reached the point where honest opinion is no longer allowed to be voiced. Sad day in America.

I would think it depends on the Pastor's choice of words and the spirit behind them. 

Obama is half black.  I'm no fan of his but I don't think he tried to use Trayvon's case as a tool toward re-election... I think he really felt an injustice had been done and answered honestly when a reporter asked him about it.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/barack-obama-comments-on-trayvon-martin-case-if-i-had-a-son-hed-look-like-trayvon/

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »

ITA with this and agree with this portion....I had never heard him but this IMO is spot on "accused Obama and black civil rights activists of using the Trayvon Martin shooting to foment racial strife and boost the president’s re-election chances."

Hello what have the racial agitators been doing? Trying to heal tensions and come together? I think NOT! Even Eric Holder makes everything racial in a time when our POTUS and Atty General of the US are both African American, this has gone on way too long and it's time to stop the foolishness and quit stirring racial tensions.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2012, 06:39:41 PM »

Also, he plagiarized the material and used it as his own during radio commentary.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2012, 06:40:50 PM »

Praise God! Trayvon's Mom Reacts To Zimmerman Bond Revoked (DETAILS)
Edit to add date article was published.  MB June 1, 2012

Trayvon Martinfamily attorney Benjamin Crump spoke on the recent news of George Zimmerman’s bond being revoked earlier today by Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester.

STORY: Bond Revoked! George Zimmerman Has 48 Hours to Turn Himself In!

Judge Lester ruled that Zimmerman has at least 48 hours to turn himself into police after it was revealed that Zimmerman’s wife misled the court about the funds he was receiving through PayPal donations.

Upon hearing that Zimmerman’s bond had been revoked, Crump said:

"This is such an important ruling today because once again George Zimmerman's credibility is the issue… he should remain in custody until there is a trial....Judge Lester’s ruling in this matter is so important because it causes everyone to focus on Zimmermant’s credibility.

This is crucial when it is only Zimmerman’s testimony that Trayvon attacked him and all the objective evidence says he perused, confronted, and shot Trayvon."

Trayvon's courageous family spoke out on the matter as well. In a simple tweet, Trayvon’s mom wrote “Praise God,” while his brother Jahvaris Martin tweeted:

“Zimmerman has been locked back up. I hope he stays in jail. Children will be much safer.”

Prosecutors contest that Zimmerman told his wife, Shelley Zimmerman, about PayPal donations he was receiving while in jail and that she lied in the bond hearing about being aware of these funds.

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/trayvon-martin-family-responds-george-zimmermans-bond-revoked-details#ixzz1waFoekKm
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:41:40 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2012, 06:40:53 PM »

After all this time, media is still using the  image of TM that is years old, yet puts a current one of GZ.  I find that very misleading.  JMHO 

George Zimmerman ordered back to jail after judge revokes bond
June 1, 2012

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: June 01, 2012, 06:45:57 PM »

ITA with this and agree with this portion....I had never heard him but this IMO is spot on "accused Obama and black civil rights activists of using the Trayvon Martin shooting to foment racial strife and boost the president’s re-election chances."

Hello what have the racial agitators been doing? Trying to heal tensions and come together? I think NOT! Even Eric Holder makes everything racial in a time when our POTUS and Atty General of the US are both African American, this has gone on way too long and it's time to stop the foolishness and quit stirring racial tensions.

well said.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #311 on: June 01, 2012, 06:53:52 PM »

TOLER-

Did you see those videos from the 7-11 of what they call Larry, Moe and Curly? I couldn't believe that one kid (or I assume it was a kid) in the hoodie literally drawn up so tight you couldnt see anything but maybe a nose...if I had been the one behind the counter I would have called 911 just out of fear, all 3 looked sketchy. But, I also noticed Trayvon came back and had read and heard he didn't go straight home according to the time stamp on the recording and all that, but that video was extremely interesting and I wonder how many more are out there from the 7-11, how many outside cameras caught anything in the shopping strip where the 7-11 was

The store clerk didn't seem worried or afraid in any way.  It was raining that night.  Would make sense to have your hoodie up. 

I am not talking about the hoodie being up, he had it pulled so that only his nose was visible...have you seen the video?

I just saw the video.  The same person with the tightly drawn hoodie eventually took his hoodie off in the video.  It looks to me like his jacket is very wet so maybe it was raining really hard?  When I go for a jog and it's raining I draw my hoodie super tight. 

I just can't see any reason to go into any store unless you are planning to rob it dressed this way....I couldn't tell if this was a teen or grown man, heck it could have been a woman from what we could see.....but that is just me and I promise you if I saw anyone dressed that way walking around the neighborhood I would follow them until LE arrived, but that would take all of 3 minutes since our LE are bored to tears.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #312 on: June 01, 2012, 06:54:28 PM »

well said.

Thank you, it may not be popular but it is what it is and enough is enough!

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2012, 06:59:51 PM »

After all this time, media is still using the  image of TM that is years old, yet puts a current one of GZ.  I find that very misleading.  JMHO 

George Zimmerman ordered back to jail after judge revokes bond
June 1, 2012

Totally agree Muffy, it's a sad day when the media dictates the narrative

[
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #314 on: June 01, 2012, 07:01:43 PM »

TOLER-

Did you see those videos from the 7-11 of what they call Larry, Moe and Curly? I couldn't believe that one kid (or I assume it was a kid) in the hoodie literally drawn up so tight you couldnt see anything but maybe a nose...if I had been the one behind the counter I would have called 911 just out of fear, all 3 looked sketchy. But, I also noticed Trayvon came back and had read and heard he didn't go straight home according to the time stamp on the recording and all that, but that video was extremely interesting and I wonder how many more are out there from the 7-11, how many outside cameras caught anything in the shopping strip where the 7-11 was

The store clerk didn't seem worried or afraid in any way.  It was raining that night.  Would make sense to have your hoodie up. 

I am not talking about the hoodie being up, he had it pulled so that only his nose was visible...have you seen the video?

I just saw the video.  The same person with the tightly drawn hoodie eventually took his hoodie off in the video.  It looks to me like his jacket is very wet so maybe it was raining really hard?  When I go for a jog and it's raining I draw my hoodie super tight. 

I just can't see any reason to go into any store unless you are planning to rob it dressed this way....I couldn't tell if this was a teen or grown man, heck it could have been a woman from what we could see.....but that is just me and I promise you if I saw anyone dressed that way walking around the neighborhood I would follow them until LE arrived, but that would take all of 3 minutes since our LE are bored to tears.

I guess we're different then.  If I was suspicious I'd ask the kid what's up with his hoodie all tied up like that, or if it was pouring down rain I would assume he was trying to stay dry.  I wouldn't call the cops because some kid has his hoodie tied tight (unless there were other obvious indicators something was off).  Just me, though.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: June 01, 2012, 07:04:58 PM »

In March, Land spoke of African-American activists and the Rev. Al Sharpton as “racial ambulance chasers” in the Martin case, in which the 17-year-old was shot to death in Florida by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman.

“When there is violence it’s going to be Jesse Jackson’s fault,” Land said on his show, according to the Religion News Service. “It’s going to be Al Sharpton’s fault. It’s going to be Louis Farrakhan’s fault, and to a certain degree it’s going to be President Obama’s fault.”

Sorry, don't have a link.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2012, 07:09:49 PM »

TOLER-

I guess we're different then.  If I was suspicious I'd ask the kid what's up with his hoodie all tied up like that, or if it was pouring down rain I would assume he was trying to stay dry.  I wouldn't call the cops because some kid has his hoodie tied tight (unless there were other obvious indicators something was off).  Just me, though.

I wouldn't confront him personally, I am 5'4 and pushing 100 lbs but we have a population of about 2000 total and we watch out for suspicious behavoir, just like I followed or really kept an eye on the drunk girl teetering down the street that one night at 2 am , I wasn't worried she wasn going to do anything except maybe pass out in the street or the Gulf since she was staring in that direction and sure enough that is where I found her, but thankfully so did her parents. I didn't want her to pass out drunk and drown when the tide came in...with regards to the hoodie and the fact it literally covered his entire face, well yes I do find that suspicuous IIRC it wasn't pouring rain, even if it was inside a store it is dry. All 3 looked suspicious to me .....

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #317 on: June 01, 2012, 07:11:08 PM »

In March, Land spoke of African-American activists and the Rev. Al Sharpton as “racial ambulance chasers” in the Martin case, in which the 17-year-old was shot to death in Florida by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman.

“When there is violence it’s going to be Jesse Jackson’s fault,” Land said on his show, according to the Religion News Service. “It’s going to be Al Sharpton’s fault. It’s going to be Louis Farrakhan’s fault, and to a certain degree it’s going to be President Obama’s fault.”

Sorry, don't have a link.

Again, ITA and Sharpton already has the blood of 8 dead on his hands from his racial chit stirring BS that never has the DOJ asking questions but it should.

[
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: June 01, 2012, 07:11:57 PM »

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2886950/posts
(Edited to add link provided by Toler.  MB)

New Black Panther Field Marshal: Whites ‘Should be Thankful We’re Not Hanging Crackers By Nooses…Yet

Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:12:05 AM by Perseverando

According to National Field Marshal for the New Black Panthers King Samir Shabazz:

“I love white-on white-crime, because that is the best crime.” “I hate the g*ddamn white man, woman, and child, grandma, aunt, uncle, Pappa Billy Bob, and whoever else.” “You should be thankful we’re not running around here hanging crackers by nooses and all that kind of stuff — yet, yet, yet” He has a “wet dream about killing the g*ddamn cracker.” “We don’t allow faggots and lesbians” in the New Black Panther Army Envisions a world where every black person is “ready to bang on this cracker” Wants to take over neighborhoods “block by block” so “crackers…or even the developer” would be scared to come into them “We’re taught to send this cracker to the cemetery… so kiss ‘em goodbye”

(Excerpt) Read more at theblaze.com ...

These people, Al Sharpton etc do not speak for all black people yet they seem to be the only voices we hear!
The New Black Panthers are cuckoo, yet they are allowed to get away with a bounty on Zimmerman, nary a word from our Justice Dept. That's the sort of thing many of us are fed up with.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:40:23 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »

TOLER-

With the excessive amount of break ins...I would have been suspicious.  I would have called LE...Especially, if I hadn't seen the guy in the area before...the hoodie alone wouldn't do it alone either (which I don't think the hoodie did it for GZ either...but that is my opinion since we don't know) I would have stopped following him though (not sure if GZ did, or not).  My heart drops every time that I go into a store or bank and see something like what I saw on the 7-11 video.  The guy seems like he knew them or at least had seen them around...so he didn't seem worried...and it appears that they were innocent of any wrong doing...but, everyone is aware of robbery and what many people wear in the robberies...hiding face and so on...so, with that said...I'm sure they understand why people would think that way...that is of course, unless they want to use that for their own agenda...I may be biased too because I don't wear a hoodie to protect myself from rain...IMO...it makes things worse when it gets wet.  Well, if I am not making sense it is because the kiddos are begging for my attention.  Gotta go. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.