March 28, 2024, 10:28:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 363333 times)
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #340 on: June 01, 2012, 09:01:56 PM »

Hate speech is, outside the law, any communication that vilifies a person or a group on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, or other characteristic.[1][2]

In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group. The law may identify a protected individual or a protected group by race, gender, ethnicity, disability[3], nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,[4] or other characteristic.[5] In some countries, a victim of hate speech may seek redress under civil law, criminal law, or both. A website that uses hate speech is called a hate site. Most of these sites contain Internet forums and news briefs that emphasize a particular viewpoint. There has been debate over how freedom of speech applies to the Internet.

Critics have argued that the term "hate speech" is a modern example of Newspeak, used to silence critics of social policies that have been poorly implemented in a rush to appear  politically correct.[6][7][8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #341 on: June 01, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »

In March, Land spoke of African-American activists and the Rev. Al Sharpton as “racial ambulance chasers” in the Martin case, in which the 17-year-old was shot to death in Florida by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman.

“When there is violence it’s going to be Jesse Jackson’s fault,” Land said on his show, according to the Religion News Service. “It’s going to be Al Sharpton’s fault. It’s going to be Louis Farrakhan’s fault, and to a certain degree it’s going to be President Obama’s fault.”

Sorry, don't have a link.

Don't forget the Black Panthers, and MSM in laying blame for stirring it up!

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #342 on: June 01, 2012, 09:16:31 PM »

I have a horrible feeling that GZ isn't going to live to see his trial.  I hope the DOC can protect him.

Challapalca him!
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #343 on: June 01, 2012, 09:17:07 PM »

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/01/1096658/-Ole-Zimmy-in-trouble-for-lying

June 1

::snipping2::  Lester appeared angry that the court had not been told about the money. "Does your client get to sit there like a potted palm and let you lead me down the primrose path?" he asked Zimmerman's lawyer. "That's the issue."
 Something like that apparently. Some of us think George Zimmerman has been lying about the night that he shot Trayvon Martin.
 There is also some fishy smell to the story about George Zimmerman's passport as well. Near as I can tell the story goes something like this....

Back in 2004, George Zimmerman can't find his passport. So he reports it stolen, and gets another one. Sometime between now and then, he finds it, so he has two passports. One of the passports expires in May of this year, and the other expires in 2014.

At George Zimmerman's bond hearing, he is ordered to turn in his passport, so he gives the one that expires in May of this year.

Then while he is in jail, he is recorded over the phone with his wife talking about another passport:

Zimmerman spoke of the second passport while in the Seminole County Jail in a phone call to his wife that authorities recorded, Corey said. Court records provided a partial transcript:
 Zimmerman: "Do you know what? I think my passport is in that bag."

Shelly (sic) Zimmerman: "I have one for you in safety deposit box ..."

Zimmerman: "OK, you hold onto that."
 Hold on to it for what exactly?
Anyways, George Zimmerman's lawyer claims that he's had the second passport all along, "but simply forgot to hand it over to authorities until Friday."  ::snipping2:: 

Where/how are they getting some of this info???
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #344 on: June 01, 2012, 09:17:43 PM »

In March, Land spoke of African-American activists and the Rev. Al Sharpton as “racial ambulance chasers” in the Martin case, in which the 17-year-old was shot to death in Florida by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman.

“When there is violence it’s going to be Jesse Jackson’s fault,” Land said on his show, according to the Religion News Service. “It’s going to be Al Sharpton’s fault. It’s going to be Louis Farrakhan’s fault, and to a certain degree it’s going to be President Obama’s fault.”

Sorry, don't have a link.

Don't forget the Black Panthers, and MSM in laying blame for stirring it up!

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2012, 10:13:24 PM »

Zimmerman had more than $200,000 in a PayPal account
 As I recall, that account was set up just days before his release. PayPal usually takes several days to release funds, so he may in fact have not *really* had the actual money until after his release on bail.
 11 posted on Friday, June 01, 2012 1:53:29 PM by Cementjungle

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2890448/posts
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2012, 10:29:56 PM »

Judge: George Zimmerman Can Keep $200K
A Florida judge ruled the 28-year-old charged with second-degree murder can keep the funds raised in donations by his supporters.

Posted: 04/27/2012 12:59 PM EDT

A Florida judge ruled Friday that George Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder in the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, can keep the more than $200,000 in donations raised by his supporters.

According to defense attorney Mark O’Mara, Zimmerman collected the $204,000 in donations through his website, taken down earlier this week, but did not disclose the contributions during his bond hearing last week.

During the hearing, O’Mara argued Zimmerman had very little money and requested his client to be released from jail on a $150,000 bail. Zimmerman, 28, was released Monday on $150,000 bail, 10 percent of which his family had to put up to secure his release.
 On CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360 Thursday night, the lawyer revealed he recently learned about the donated money Wednesday and that his client’s bail may have been set higher if a judge had known about the money raised.

"He asked me what to do with his PayPal accounts, and I asked him what he was talking about," O'Mara told Cooper. "He said those were the accounts that had the money from the website he had. And there was about ... $204,000 that had come in to date."

Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda asked Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. Friday to increase Zimmerman's $150,000 bond. But the judge said he would delay ruling on the request because he is worried about revealing the names of the donors, and because he is not sure he has the authority to increase the bond.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.bet.com/news/national/2012/04/27/judge-george-zimmerman-can-keep-200k.html

Atricle dated 4/27/12
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »

If you bump into George Zimmerman, let him know...
By Steve Frank
Fri Jun 1, 2012 3:33 PM EDT

Former federal prosecutor Kendall Coffey explains why George Zimmerman must turn himself in within 48 hours.

If you happen to run into George Zimmerman this weekend (please, for your own safety, don't approach him wearing a hoodie), please let him know he's wanted back in jail.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester today revoked Zimmerman's bond, ordering the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin back to jail within 48 hours.

Lester said Zimmerman misled the court about how much money he had when his bond was set for $150,000 in April.

Prosecutors claim Zimmerman had $135,000 available that had been raised by a website he set up, and failed to surrender a second passport.

Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara says the finances are an innocent misunderstanding.
 ::snipping2:: 

http://ed.msnbc.msn.com/george-zimmerman

I don't recall specifically, but believe Zimmerman set up his original website a couple of days before he was jailed? Not sure that he would've had much in the account at all by the time of the bond hearing. Then...during the hearing his wife explained that a brother [or bro-in-law] was taking care of the site and that they hadn't spoken to him about it at that time, didn't know how much was in the account.

There was in excess of $150,000.00 in his paypal account from donations. Yes, George & his wife knew exactly how much (give or take a couple hundred dollars) was in his paypal account for 3-4 days before his bond hearing. But chose to lie under oath to the court he & Shellie (wifey) told the court they had NO money! He deserves to get booted back to the hoosegow! Maybe they have cells for married inmates, and he & Shellie can be bunk buddies! I have a feeling perjury charges will be coming Shellie's way in the near future!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2012, 11:26:02 PM »

By Steve Frank

Former federal prosecutor Kendall Coffey explains why George Zimmerman must turn himself in within 48 hours.

If you happen to run into George Zimmerman this weekend (please, for your own safety, don't approach him wearing a hoodie), please let him know he's wanted back in jail.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester today revoked Zimmerman's bond, ordering the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin back to jail within 48 hours.

Lester said Zimmerman misled the court about how much money he had when his bond was set for $150,000 in April.

Prosecutors claim Zimmerman had $135,000 available that had been raised by a website he set up, and failed to surrender a second passport.

Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara says the finances are an innocent misunderstanding.

I don't recall specifically, but believe Zimmerman set up his original website a couple of days before he was jailed? Not sure that he would've had much in the account at all by the time of the bond hearing. Then...during the hearing his wife explained that a brother [or bro-in-law] was taking care of the site and that they hadn't spoken to him about it at that time, didn't know how much was in the account.

There was in excess of $150,000.00 in his paypal account from donations. Yes, George & his wife knew exactly how much (give or take a couple hundred dollars) was in his paypal account for 3-4 days before his bond hearing. But chose to lie under oath to the court he & Shellie (wifey) told the court they had NO money! He deserves to get booted back to the hoosegow! Maybe they have cells for married inmates, and he & Shellie can be bunk buddies! I have a feeling perjury charges will be coming Shellie's way in the near future!

Yeah...although, I don't feel he is a murderer...I feel that he was aware of the amount that he had.  I read earlier that the two were talking in code over the phone.  Not good, Georgie you don't need to be doing stuff like this.  It's definitely not helping your case.  I also feel that those that are leaning on the side of the prosecution are going to have a hay day with this (this does not make him guilty of murder)...just sayin'

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #349 on: June 01, 2012, 11:30:10 PM »

By Steve Frank

Do you have a link for that info, please? I've looked around and can't find that information.
Thanks...  
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #350 on: June 01, 2012, 11:49:41 PM »

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/47650410/#47650410

Zimmerman Attorney Hopes Bond Revocation Temporary

Video at link

Zimmerman attorney responding to question I couldn't hear, paraphrase..." if you are refering to 10, 20 and 155 as code when talking about 80,000 dollars..."
They are ACCUSED of speaking in code....
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #351 on: June 01, 2012, 11:53:11 PM »

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/47650410/#47650410

Zimmerman Attorney Hopes Bond Revocation Temporary

Video at link

Zimmerman attorney responding to question I couldn't hear, paraphrase..." if you are refering to 10, 20 and 155 as code when talking about 80,000 dollars..."
They are ACCUSED of speaking in code....

That's what is considered code...wow.  The prosecution is trying everything aren't they?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #352 on: June 02, 2012, 03:16:27 AM »

Zimmerman doesn't have a chance at a fair trial, imo.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #353 on: June 02, 2012, 07:01:57 AM »

As more is revealed, some things get murkier.

More observation, thoughts & questions:

Trayvon supposedly went to the 7-11 to get a snack for his younger brother.

How many 17 year olds would walk to the store in the dark & the rain to get a snack fr a sibling and not get something for their self?  At least a drink for the walk home?

If Trayvon had been sent to his Dad's for the duration of his suspension from school, but his dad also lived in Miami,how did he end up in Orlando for the preceding week?  Was Dad on vacation from work?

Was the younger brother not concerned when TM didn't bring back the snack?

When Dad got home from wherever he was that night, did he not check to see if his 17 yo son who was on a suspension from school was at home?

If those are witnesses with the family of TM and the lawyer, wouldn't a picture of them all together be evidence of potential witness tampering?

I feel so sad for both the Martins and the Zimmermans, but it seems something is definitely hinky or not forthright.

Challapalca him!
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: June 02, 2012, 07:09:40 AM »

As more is revealed, some things get murkier.

More observation, thoughts & questions:

Trayvon supposedly went to the 7-11 to get a snack for his younger brother.

How many 17 year olds would walk to the store in the dark & the rain to get a snack fr a sibling and not get something for their self?  At least a drink for the walk home?

If Trayvon had been sent to his Dad's for the duration of his suspension from school, but his dad also lived in Miami,how did he end up in Orlando for the preceding week?  Was Dad on vacation from work?

Was the younger brother not concerned when TM didn't bring back the snack?

When Dad got home from wherever he was that night, did he not check to see if his 17 yo son who was on a suspension from school was at home?

If those are witnesses with the family of TM and the lawyer, wouldn't a picture of them all together be evidence of potential witness tampering?

I feel so sad for both the Martins and the Zimmermans, but it seems something is definitely hinky or not forthright.

Great points.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #355 on: June 02, 2012, 07:11:23 AM »

Zimmerman doesn't have a chance at a fair trial, imo.

Unfortunately, I agree completely.  It angers me.  I understand the family wanting an investigation, so they are getting it...why hasn't the outcry stopped then?  I am sick of racism. 

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #356 on: June 02, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »

'Twitter lynch mob' calls for death after George Zimmerman's bond revoked
June 02 12

Shortly after George Zimmerman's bond was revoked by a Florida judge, the "Twitter lynch mob" came out in full force to wish death on the Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer on trial for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, Twitchy reported Friday.

Some wanted Zimmerman to commit suicide, while others wanted to kill Zimmerman themselves.

"Watching the Zimmerman case. Hope they kill this b**ch," one person tweeted.

"George Zimmerman . . . Just Kill Yourself Already," another wrote.

"George Zimmerman should just kill himself. The prison population is filled with Blacks and Hispanics so yea, kill yourself," wrote "Poetic Death."

Stupid a*s George Zimmerman I want to kill him," opined "Niq Milli."

Using the name "That Guy LT," one person added: "#LetsGo‬ !!!! Kill the Heat !!!! and Zimmerman !!"

A search at Twitter for "kill Zimmerman" returns a number of messages, some using racist language, that express a desire to see Zimmerman dead.

Users of the social media site expressed similar wishes after Zimmerman posted bail in April.

"I think imma personally kill George Zimmerman ..anyone's welcome to join (:, (sp)," one person wrote.

Another wrote: "someone pass me a gun, imma go follow zimmerman, shoot and kill him and say #imstandingmyground (sp)."

"I would kill George Zimmerman," another tweet read.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.examiner.com/article/twitter-lynch-mob-calls-for-death-after-george-zimmerman-s-bond-revoked
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #357 on: June 02, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Zimmerman-credibility-may-be-issue-in-Martin-case-156708685.html

Zimmerman Credibility May be Issue in Martin Case
Zimmerman case hinges on whether the jury will believe his version of what happened the night of the shooting
Saturday, Jun 2, 2012  |  Updated 10:37 AM EDT

The credibility of Trayvon Martin's shooter could be an issue at trial after a judge said that George Zimmerman and his wife lied to the court about their finances to obtain a bond, legal experts say.

That's because the case hinges on jurors believing his account of what happened the night the 17-year-old was killed. Zimmerman wasn't charged in the case until more than a month after the shooting, saying he shot Martin in self-defense under Florida's so-called stand your ground law. Protests were held across the nation, and the case spurred debate about race. Martin was black; Zimmerman's father is white and his mother is from Peru.

The questioning of Zimmerman's truthfulness by the judge on Friday could undermine his credibility if it is brought up at trial. It also may complicate how his defense presents him as a witness, said Orlando-area attorney Randy McClean, who is a former prosecutor.

``The other key witness, unfortunately, is deceased,'' McClean said. ``Basically, Zimmerman is going to be asking the jury to believe his version of the facts. ... As the case stands now, his credibility is absolutely critical to the case.''

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #358 on: June 02, 2012, 03:06:20 PM »

'Twitter lynch mob' calls for death after George Zimmerman's bond revoked
June 02 12

Shortly after George Zimmerman's bond was revoked by a Florida judge, the "Twitter lynch mob" came out in full force to wish death on the Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer on trial for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, Twitchy reported Friday.

Some wanted Zimmerman to commit suicide, while others wanted to kill Zimmerman themselves.

"Watching the Zimmerman case. Hope they kill this b**ch," one person tweeted.

"George Zimmerman . . . Just Kill Yourself Already," another wrote.

"George Zimmerman should just kill himself. The prison population is filled with Blacks and Hispanics so yea, kill yourself," wrote "Poetic Death."

Stupid a*s George Zimmerman I want to kill him," opined "Niq Milli."

Using the name "That Guy LT," one person added: "#LetsGo‬ !!!! Kill the Heat !!!! and Zimmerman !!"

A search at Twitter for "kill Zimmerman" returns a number of messages, some using racist language, that express a desire to see Zimmerman dead.

Users of the social media site expressed similar wishes after Zimmerman posted bail in April.

"I think imma personally kill George Zimmerman ..anyone's welcome to join (:, (sp)," one person wrote.

Another wrote: "someone pass me a gun, imma go follow zimmerman, shoot and kill him and say #imstandingmyground (sp)."

"I would kill George Zimmerman," another tweet read.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.examiner.com/article/twitter-lynch-mob-calls-for-death-after-george-zimmerman-s-bond-revoked

I hope FL provides ample security for GZ.  This is scary!  Lots of hatred.

Challapalca him!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: June 02, 2012, 04:32:53 PM »

By Steve Frank

Do you have a link for that info, please? I've looked around and can't find that information.
Thanks...  

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/04/27/146946/george-zimmermans-donation-website.html

George Zimmerman's donation website has raised $200,000, attorney says
Stay Connected
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on your iPhone
Follow us on your Android device Sign up for email newsletters RSS
Register | Log in
Diana Moskovitz | The Miami Herald

The defense lawyer for George Zimmerman said Thursday night that his client had received about $200,000 through donations to his website.

Zimmerman, a 28-year-old neighborhood watch volunteer in Sanford, near Orlando, fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin of Miami Gardens on Feb. 26, after confronting the teen, whom he believed to be suspicious. Trayvon was not armed.

Sanford police cited Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” self-defense law in not initially charging Zimmerman with killing Trayvon. Angela Corey, a special prosecutor appointed by Gov. Rick Scott, earlier this month charged Zimmerman with second-degree murder.

Thursday night, Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, told CNN’s Anderson Cooper that at first he had been told that Zimmerman had two accounts: one with $700, another with about $2,000.

But while trying to shut down all of Zimmerman’s Internet presence, his client asked him what to do with his PayPal accounts.

Days before Corey filed her charges, a website called TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com sprang up. The website, since removed, said visitors could use a PayPal link to donate money to Zimmerman.

O’Mara told Cooper that the account contained $200,000 and $204,000.

Asked by Cooper whether a higher bond might have been set for Zimmerman if that amount had been known, O’Mara said “maybe.” He added that he would let the court know officially about the money.

But, O’Mara added, that he’s not sure that Zimmerman even realized the money was available to him. After Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester set bond at $150,000, it was Zimmerman’s family who cobbled together the money for his release.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.