March 28, 2024, 06:14:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 363308 times)
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #440 on: June 06, 2012, 11:07:19 AM »

I don't want to be the source of any discontent so I'm giving myself some space on this one and will try to post as little as possible.  No disrespect was intended toward anyone here and it wasn't personal.   

It is yet to be proven in court whether or not GZ is guilty of murder but he's done a host of other things which are more than questionable.  Lying to the court is so wrong! 

IMO.   

It is absolutely wrong to lie to the court...without a doubt.  I sure hope that my post didn't lead to you not posting as much.  It is good to read both sides...see different perspectives and such.  My post was meant to show the level of anger that this case has caused.  It is a very emotionally charged case.  On both sides. 
I dont believe there is any way that this is a 2nd degree murder case. I do believe that gz was acting in self defense although maybe he did put himself in the position of having to do so. I dont think gz is a choirboy by any means but lets stop pretending this kid was a fresh faced little boy that his 13 year old pictures portray him as. He was a thug. Drugs, robbery, fighting. These things make him a misguided kid who if it were your neighbors kid u would probably agree. I believe this kid was angry that this barney fife was tailing him & he was up for a fight. He in no way deserved to die, but lets stop acting like this was a racial thing. I am sick to death of those who play the race card at every opportunity. I may be wrong but turning this into a race thing is why they got so much press & interest in the push to hang this guy. Maybe he deserves a manslaughter charge but he surely doesnt deserve all of this. Tm's parents are milking this for all they can to line their pockets. They deserve to be angry for losing their child but stop trying to stir up hate &"racial discord. Quite sure there have been many white parents who lost their children to black on white crime but i have yet to see one launch a national campaign to try to get whites to hate the black man.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: June 06, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »

Forum will focus on race relations and the Trayvon Martin tragedy

10:17 a.m. EST, June 6, 2012|By Martin E. Comas, Orlando Sentinel

A Sanford city commissioner, a pastor, a college president and two attorneys will serve as panelists at a forum on Thursday that will focus on race relations and the Trayvon Martin shooting.

A Night of Healing will start at 6 p.m. at the Sanford Civic Center, 401 E. Seminole Blvd. The event is organized by Greater Orlando CARES, a chapter of National CARES, a mentoring organization for students.  ::snipping2:: 

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-06-06/news/os-sanford-trayvon-healing-20120606_1_sanford-commissioner-focus-on-race-relations-sanford-city
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: June 06, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »

Could Shellie Zimmerman face perjury charges?
by Joy-Ann Reid | June 6, 2012 at 10:25 AM

People are talking about it. Facebook pages are popping up calling for it. But could Shellie Zimmerman actually face perjury or contempt of court charges for misleading a Florida court about her husband’s finances?

The answer, according to experts, is maybe.

During an April 20 bond hearing, Shellie Zimmerman, wife of George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with second degree murder in the killing of Trayvon Martin, testified that she and her husband were broke. They had no jobs, no assets, and little money with which to make bail. But the day before the hearing, on April 19th, bank records show the couple had some $135,000 sitting in Shellie’s credit union account, transferred in multiple transactions from a PayPal account George set up to go with his website, TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com. That website and PayPal account were closed by Mark O’Mara, who took over after George Zimmerman’s previous attorneys abruptly resigned from the case, because he set up the website without consulting them, and then stopped returning their calls and emails.

During the April hearing, George Zimmerman’s lawyer, Mark O’Mara, requested a bond of just $15,000, based on his client’s indigence, while the state wanted $1 million. Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester settled on $150,000, which the Zimmerman’s promptly raised through a bail bonds firm, and George was freed from jail. He’s back in a cell inside the John E. Polk Correction Facility in Seminole County, Florida, after Judge Lester revoked that bond, after prosecutors uncovered the deception.

O’Mara could try for a second bond hearing (the defense had indicated they would do so this week, only to delay…) But if some supporters of Trayvon Martin’s family have their way, Shellie Zimmerman will face a hearing of her own, either for contempt or perjury charges.   ::snipping2:: 

http://thegrio.com/2012/06/06/could-shellie-zimmerman-face-perjury-charges/

4 page article.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: June 06, 2012, 12:39:20 PM »

I don't want to be the source of any discontent so I'm giving myself some space on this one and will try to post as little as possible.  No disrespect was intended toward anyone here and it wasn't personal.   

It is yet to be proven in court whether or not GZ is guilty of murder but he's done a host of other things which are more than questionable.  Lying to the court is so wrong! 

IMO.   

It is absolutely wrong to lie to the court...without a doubt.  I sure hope that my post didn't lead to you not posting as much.  It is good to read both sides...see different perspectives and such.  My post was meant to show the level of anger that this case has caused.  It is a very emotionally charged case.  On both sides. 
I dont believe there is any way that this is a 2nd degree murder case. I do believe that gz was acting in self defense although maybe he did put himself in the position of having to do so. I dont think gz is a choirboy by any means but lets stop pretending this kid was a fresh faced little boy that his 13 year old pictures portray him as. He was a thug. Drugs, robbery, fighting. These things make him a misguided kid who if it were your neighbors kid u would probably agree. I believe this kid was angry that this barney fife was tailing him & he was up for a fight. He in no way deserved to die, but lets stop acting like this was a racial thing. I am sick to death of those who play the race card at every opportunity. I may be wrong but turning this into a race thing is why they got so much press & interest in the push to hang this guy. Maybe he deserves a manslaughter charge but he surely doesnt deserve all of this. Tm's parents are milking this for all they can to line their pockets. They deserve to be angry for losing their child but stop trying to stir up hate &"racial discord. Quite sure there have been many white parents who lost their children to black on white crime but i have yet to see one launch a national campaign to try to get whites to hate the black man.

Oh wow...perfectly said.  I think that is where my anger comes from in this case.  I have always thought that I was very compassionate and understanding...but, I have to admit the more that I see in this case the angrier I become and the less compassion I have for the parents...(I cannot believe that I am saying that...it angers me that I feel that way too).  It isn't right to feel that way either...the parents lost their son...and there should be compassion (and I do have it) I am just saying that it is less and less the more they play this racial card.  I just do not believe it was racially motivated...and now people are comparing this mom with Rosa Parks...really?  I have sadness in my heart for her and the dad and the family...I do believe that the civil rights activists exploited them (yet they aren't fighting against that).  I believe that GZ will not get a fair trial...I believe that this is now racially and politically motivated.  GZ doesn't stand a chance...I believe if evidence points to him murdering TM then let justice be served...but, if evidence points against that charge then let him go.  SN:  If Shellie Zimmerman is charged with perjury then so should the Anthony clan...fair is fair.  She lied and so did Cindy.  Well, if it is proven that she lied...it points in that direction.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: June 06, 2012, 02:50:03 PM »

Zimmerman learned his lesson, attorney says
June 6 '12

updated 2 hours 52 minutes ago
The legal team for the man accused of shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin paid their client a visit Tuesday evening.

George Zimmerman sits in the Seminole County jail in a protective custody cell awaiting his next bond hearing.

Judge Kenneth Lester revoked Zimmerman's bond after the state alleged he and his wife conspired to lie to the court about their finances.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, said his client has learned his lesson that he has to be completely truthful when he presents himself to the court.

O'Mara told WESH 2 that Zimmerman's next bond hearing won't come for at least a couple of weeks because of scheduling issues with Lester and the other attorneys.

O'Mara said he is happy to have the time to prepare Zimmerman's testimony, but said Zimmerman is worried about his wife's possible legal issues for not telling the truth during the first bond hearing.

Shelly Zimmerman could face perjury charges along with her husband for lying about the money, according to veteran defense attorney Jeff Deen.

"He's worried now because the judge is now worried about their lack of candor," said O'Mara. "The focus is going to be on Shelly, because Shelly is the one that didn't state affirmatively that the money was available when she knew it was there. So, yes we are going to have to deal with that."

Zimmerman was fearful to disclose the fact that he had more than $100,000 in a legal fund that he raised on his website, according to O'Mara.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47707955
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: June 06, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »

Zimmerman learned his lesson, attorney says
June 6 '12

updated 2 hours 52 minutes ago
The legal team for the man accused of shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin paid their client a visit Tuesday evening.

George Zimmerman sits in the Seminole County jail in a protective custody cell awaiting his next bond hearing.

Judge Kenneth Lester revoked Zimmerman's bond after the state alleged he and his wife conspired to lie to the court about their finances.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, said his client has learned his lesson that he has to be completely truthful when he presents himself to the court.

O'Mara told WESH 2 that Zimmerman's next bond hearing won't come for at least a couple of weeks because of scheduling issues with Lester and the other attorneys.

O'Mara said he is happy to have the time to prepare Zimmerman's testimony, but said Zimmerman is worried about his wife's possible legal issues for not telling the truth during the first bond hearing.

Shelly Zimmerman could face perjury charges along with her husband for lying about the money, according to veteran defense attorney Jeff Deen.

"He's worried now because the judge is now worried about their lack of candor," said O'Mara. "The focus is going to be on Shelly, because Shelly is the one that didn't state affirmatively that the money was available when she knew it was there. So, yes we are going to have to deal with that."

Zimmerman was fearful to disclose the fact that he had more than $100,000 in a legal fund that he raised on his website, according to O'Mara.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47707955

Although, I am on George's side in regards to not being guilty of second degree murder...I am not on his side here.  Being fearful to disclose the amount of money that he had is no excuse and he should be held accountable.  Very poor choice on his part. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: June 06, 2012, 03:02:03 PM »

Are you wondering what George Zimmerman is doing today?
June 6 '12

.     As many of you know, George Zimmerman is the person accused of murdering a 17 year old Trayvon Martin on February 26, 2012. Having lied to Seminole County Court Judge Kenneth Lester, Jr. at a bail hearing held on April 20, 2012, Mr. Zimmerman gained his calculated release. Upon payment of a $150,000 dollar bond, Mr. Zimmerman's release shocked an entire nation. Especially, Trayvon Martin's parents Tracy Martin, Sybrina Fulton, and his brother Jahvaris Fulton. But a clever Prosecutor named Bernie De la Rionda was granted a rehearing on the issue of bail where he showed Mr. George Zimmerman and Mrs. Shelly Zimmerman had lied to the court at the previous bail hearing.   

On June 1, 2012, Judge Lester agreed that Mr. Zimmerman had lied to the court and ordered that Mr. Zimmerman turn himself in to the John E. Polk Correctional Facility authorities within 48 hours. On June 3, 2012, Mr. Zimmerman turned himself in to John E. Polk Correctional Facility authorities and appears to have gained weight and allowed his hair to grow. His jail photo shows that he is now clean shaven.  ::snipping2:: 

Having lied to Judge Lester while the nation was watching and suborning the perjury of his wife by way of omission, George Zimmerman is more brazen than once believed. There are those who say that Mr. Zimmerman is Peruvian, not White. However, looking at the evidence objectively, the VINELink website shows that Mr. Zimmerman's race and gender is listed as being a "White" "Male." At this point, one must think long and hard about Mr. Zimmerman's credibility. However, there are cases where a witness' credibility has successfully been rehabilitated.

As it stands, the ball is now in the court of Mr. Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara. It will be interesting to see what legal maneuvering the defense will position itself with in the days ahead. On both sides of the spectrum, the victim and the suspect, are being represented by competent attorneys. Mr. Zimmerman is not completely out of the game so to speak, he simply has a credibility issue that must be overcome. If a Stand Your Ground hearing is ordered, there is still a possibility that Mr. Zimmerman can regain his freedom. However, that depends on how well Mr. O'Mara argues Mr. Zimmerman's case. Special Prosecutor Angela Corey can compound the credibility issue by filing a criminal charge against Mr. and Mrs. Zimmerman to show how pernicious and influential Mr. Zimmerman can be with coaxing people to lie for him. Let's not forget, there are people who know Mr. Zimmerman that are expected to testify on his behalf.

Today, the John E. Polk Correctional Facility will be providing Mr. Zimmerman with the proverbial “three hots and a cot” during his confinement. One can only speculate that he’s feeling dismal after the transition from being a free man to being incarcerated. However, unlike Trayvon Martin, he has a court date to look forward to with $365.10 in his inmate account to spend at the jail's commissary until that day comes.

According the the John Polk Correctional Facility, Mr. Zimmerman can receive correspondence at the following address: John Polk Correctional Facility, Attn: George Zimmerman, 201200006746, 211 Bush Blvd., Sanford, Fl. 32773. Being housed in segregation, I'm sure Mr. Zimmerman would like to hear from you. One thing's for sure, he has a lot to think about.  ::snipping2::

http://www.examiner.com/article/are-you-wondering-what-george-zimmerman-is-doing-today

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #447 on: June 06, 2012, 03:07:02 PM »

Interesting, by posting that address, this jerk is burdening an already overburdened correctional system with mail that will no doubt be nothing but hate-filled and very probably threatening.  What an azz.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #448 on: June 06, 2012, 03:13:37 PM »

Zimmerman vs. Martin: the trial being held online
June 6 '12

Three camps have emerged since the Trayvon Martin shooting by George Zimmerman in February of 2012. There is the pro-Zimmerman camp, which claim the shooting was justifiable, based on what they all know thus far. There are the anti-Zimmerman’s, who claim he had no right to pull a gun, based on what the public has been told of that night in Florida. Then there is a median group who either claim they do no care or even know (one thirty plus year-old posted on a Facebook page, “Who is Jim Crow? He sounds like an awful man!”). Whatever camp they are in, it is all being tried in the court of the World Wide Web.

The media is all too glad to distribute evidence.

Two teen assailants beat Mark Slavin, a fifty-year-old man, in the head 13 times with a hammer; the man’s life hangs precariously in the balance at this writing. Because of the damage he was unidentifiable. The victim was a white male; the perpetrators were black males. Slavin’s father attempted to determine if the crime was a hate crime, as it occurred a month, and close to the area, where Trayvon Martin was shot. According to Mark Slavin’s father, he has contacted both the local FBI and his local legislators for assistance; he has not received a response. The FBI, “told (him) to get an attorney” (source). Several organizations and individuals are asking why this case did not receive the media attention the Martin case is carrying. White supremacy leaders and groups, in particular, are angered this attack did not make the media circuit. Its details are flying across computer screens as fast as folks can type.

A photograph has been circulating, showing a brash Trayvon Martin in a white ski hat, orange ‘sag’ pants, and checked boxers, extending middle fingers at the camera. An impetuous youth who doesn’t look as innocent as his family claims, says the pro-Zimmerman group. There is one issue. This is not the Trayvon Martin who was shot. This boy in orange is a different Trayvon. But the picture circulated like a brush fire in a Nashville July before the truth could be told.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.examiner.com/article/zimmerman-vs-martin-the-trial-being-held-online
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #449 on: June 06, 2012, 03:19:14 PM »

Trayvon Martin case's Judge Lester makes misstep about Zimmerman bond
 The Examiner ^ | June 4, 2012

The Trayvon Martin case's Judge Lester has made a judicial misstep about the George Zimmerman bond revocation. And it's a misstep which only serves to increase the racial tensions in the country, unnecessarily.

Judge Lester contends that the Trayvon Martin shooter’s bond had to be revoked because the suspect lied during his first bond hearing about the state of his finances, and that his wife, Shellie, did too, telling the court that the two were practically broke, which led to a $150,000 bail instead of the $1 million sought by the prosecution. But the judge isn’t giving the public all the facts in this case.

The suspect’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, has pointed out that most of the donated money was in an independent trust that neither Zimmerman nor his lawyers could tap. So that means Shellie and George weren’t lying when they said they were broke, because they really didn’t have access to all of the $135,000 monies raised on the accused’s behalf.

And that’s the first misstep by Judge Lester: a rush to judgment in a case that, if no other, called for cooler heads to prevail.

It also shows that Judge Lester is not only insensitive to the racial issues that are boiling over in this case, but that he is for some reason fanning the flames by deviating from what would typically happen in such a case.

In typical situations like this, a judge would not immediately revoke a bond. Instead, he would confer with the counsel and the prosecutor first; taking the opportunity to learn why there appeared to be a miscommunication about assets. He might even have the accused present, in a fact-gathering hearing, before he made a decision over revocation. He definitely wouldn’t make it a media affair, as this judge has done.... ::snipping2:: 

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2891633/posts

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #450 on: June 06, 2012, 03:34:11 PM »

Could Shellie Zimmerman face perjury charges?
by Joy-Ann Reid | June 6, 2012 at 10:25 AM

People are talking about it. Facebook pages are popping up calling for it. But could Shellie Zimmerman actually face perjury or contempt of court charges for misleading a Florida court about her husband’s finances?

This is totally bogus, but within their right.  This case makes me mad in so many ways!

What about all the lies that have been told by MSM, the Prosecution and even TM's loved ones?

The door swings both ways!

Challapalca him!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: June 06, 2012, 04:29:48 PM »

I would be too afraid to not disclose the truth about the monies collected if I was GZ or his wife. Isn't he in enough trouble already? I think that it was greed on their part. They suddenly have more money than they have ever had and they had hopes of keeping it for themselves perhaps. Also, I have wondered why GZ has had to use so much money already for his personal expenses? If he was living at home and working, he would be living on that salary right? Now has be caught up on his mortgage or paid off vehicles with the cash? It should be used for normal living expenses and legal fees. He should not profit off of this death any more than Trayvon's parents should.   Jmo. Lots of things about this case make me angry too

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: June 06, 2012, 05:24:38 PM »

I would be too afraid to not disclose the truth about the monies collected if I was GZ or his wife. Isn't he in enough trouble already? I think that it was greed on their part. They suddenly have more money than they have ever had and they had hopes of keeping it for themselves perhaps. Also, I have wondered why GZ has had to use so much money already for his personal expenses? If he was living at home and working, he would be living on that salary right? Now has be caught up on his mortgage or paid off vehicles with the cash? It should be used for normal living expenses and legal fees. He should not profit off of this death any more than Trayvon's parents should.   Jmo. Lots of things about this case make me angry too

cooks, no mortgage..they rent. Haven't heard that the money was all spent just that it was made available to them, a portion of the account. Read that had to hire security, that's expensive. With no income and likely a year or more before he comes to trial he will need that much $$...should he released again. Not sure if the money includes help to his family who have had to go in hiding because of death threats?

I'm still not convinced that his wife committed purgury..maybe because I don't want to be? But the fact that at the bond hearing she mentioned the account and offered to call the brother to get current figures, well......
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: June 06, 2012, 07:04:59 PM »

Thanks for the reply Toler....I feel better about the account now that the attorney is in charge of the disbursements...although people have donated freely and GZ is free to use the monies as he needs it..I am just so sick of family's/people making money from a dead person's demise..started by the Anthony's...it never used to be that way. It just cheapens the death of the dead child in some ways KWIM...

I am not liking that George and wife were talking in code while he was in jail about the money. If they were above board, why not just talk about it straight out? Their credibility has really been hurt IMO...

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: June 06, 2012, 07:07:46 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-06-06/news/os-george-zimmerman-bond-hearing-20120606_1_bond-hearing-shooting-death

Report: George Zimmerman gets date for new bond hearing
From the Web
5:48 p.m. EST, June 6, 2012

George Zimmerman will get a second bond hearing later this month in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, according to a MyFoxOrlando.com report.
 ::snipping2::
The new hearing is set for June 29. Read the full report at MyFoxOrlando.com
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: June 06, 2012, 07:32:48 PM »

Thanks for the info Grace...

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: June 06, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »

Thanks for the info Grace...

You're welcome, cookie! 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: June 06, 2012, 09:21:10 PM »

I bet GZs bond is going to be really high this time....

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #458 on: June 06, 2012, 09:49:03 PM »

Trayvon Martin case's Judge Lester makes misstep about Zimmerman bond
 The Examiner ^ | June 4, 2012

The Trayvon Martin case's Judge Lester has made a judicial misstep about the George Zimmerman bond revocation. And it's a misstep which only serves to increase the racial tensions in the country, unnecessarily.

Judge Lester contends that the Trayvon Martin shooter’s bond had to be revoked because the suspect lied during his first bond hearing about the state of his finances, and that his wife, Shellie, did too, telling the court that the two were practically broke, which led to a $150,000 bail instead of the $1 million sought by the prosecution. But the judge isn’t giving the public all the facts in this case.

The suspect’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, has pointed out that most of the donated money was in an independent trust that neither Zimmerman nor his lawyers could tap. So that means Shellie and George weren’t lying when they said they were broke, because they really didn’t have access to all of the $135,000 monies raised on the accused’s behalf.

And that’s the first misstep by Judge Lester: a rush to judgment in a case that, if no other, called for cooler heads to prevail.

It also shows that Judge Lester is not only insensitive to the racial issues that are boiling over in this case, but that he is for some reason fanning the flames by deviating from what would typically happen in such a case.

In typical situations like this, a judge would not immediately revoke a bond. Instead, he would confer with the counsel and the prosecutor first; taking the opportunity to learn why there appeared to be a miscommunication about assets. He might even have the accused present, in a fact-gathering hearing, before he made a decision over revocation. He definitely wouldn’t make it a media affair, as this judge has done.... ::snipping2:: 

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2891633/posts

.....During an April 20 bond hearing, Shellie Zimmerman, wife of George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with second degree murder in the killing of Trayvon Martin, testified that she and her husband were broke. They had no jobs, no assets, and little money with which to make bail. But the day before the hearing, on April 19th, bank records show the couple had some $135,000 sitting in Shellie’s credit union account, transferred in multiple transactions from a PayPal account George set up to go with his website, TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com. That website and PayPal account were closed by Mark O’Mara, who took over after George Zimmerman’s previous attorneys abruptly resigned from the case, because he set up the website without consulting them, and then stopped returning their calls and emails.

During the April hearing, George Zimmerman’s lawyer, Mark O’Mara, requested a bond of just $15,000, based on his client’s indigence, while the state wanted $1 million. Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester settled on $150,000, which the Zimmerman’s promptly raised through a bail bonds firm, and George was freed from jail. He’s back in a cell inside the John E. Polk Correction Facility in Seminole County, Florida, after Judge Lester revoked that bond, after prosecutors uncovered the deception.

O’Mara could try for a second bond hearing (the defense had indicated they would do so this week, only to delay…) But if some supporters of Trayvon Martin’s family have their way, Shellie Zimmerman will face a hearing of her own, either for contempt or perjury charges.     

http://thegrio.com/2012/06/06/could-shellie-zimmerman-face-perjury-charges/

So, which story is correct? 
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #459 on: June 06, 2012, 11:08:05 PM »

IMO.   

Oh wow...perfectly said.  I think that is where my anger comes from in this case.  I have always thought that I was very compassionate and understanding...but, I have to admit the more that I see in this case the angrier I become and the less compassion I have for the parents...(I cannot believe that I am saying that...it angers me that I feel that way too).  It isn't right to feel that way either...the parents lost their son...and there should be compassion (and I do have it) I am just saying that it is less and less the more they play this racial card.  I just do not believe it was racially motivated...and now people are comparing this mom with Rosa Parks...really?  I have sadness in my heart for her and the dad and the family...I do believe that the civil rights activists exploited them (yet they aren't fighting against that).  I believe that GZ will not get a fair trial...I believe that this is now racially and politically motivated.  GZ doesn't stand a chance...I believe if evidence points to him murdering TM then let justice be served...but, if evidence points against that charge then let him go.  SN:  If Shellie Zimmerman is charged with perjury then so should the Anthony clan...fair is fair.  She lied and so did Cindy.  Well, if it is proven that she lied...it points in that direction.

I don't see black/white because GZ is not white/black I can see that with my own eyes.  And I do see the way it has been miscontrued in the MSM and the prosecution/family is using it to their advantage.  I am more concerned with the gun rights/self defense part of this case...it's funny how we all see things differently or are affected by different aspects of it.  The lying after is going to be a tough one at this point for the defense and GZ. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.