March 29, 2024, 12:26:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 363424 times)
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #500 on: June 10, 2012, 03:26:07 PM »

I don't personally feel George is a minority.  He's half white and half white Peruvian.  All latino nations have whites and blacks.  George is a half caucasion (bio father) and half white latino (bio mother), as am I except my latino side is Puerto Rican.  I am a similar color as George (olive complexion) but I don't consider myself a minority particularly to the extent that I could never be considered unable to maintain prejudism against black people.

Just think of the precedent we are setting should GZ be found innocent:
If you are engaged in a fight and the other person is armed they are entitled to kill you unless you lose the fight and let them have the upper hand and even then they can lie and state they were in fear of their life so they chose to kill you.  Even if they have started the fight and you were protecting yourself! 

Essentially, every physical encounter can end in death... legally. 

There is already a law in place that claims self defense when you have murdered someone in self defense.  The only difference is SYG states you don't have to run.  It is GZ that was in pursuit and Trayvon who chose not to run.  Trayvon IMO had no intention of killing GZ yet he wound up murdered.

If we take race, ethnicity, drug use, past violence, community thefts, all the minutiae and preconcieved notions we may harbor (toward both GZ and TM) and focus only on the facts of the case IMO George Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin.

*all my opinion only

GZ is not setting any precedents.   GZ is charged with committing 2nd degree murder. The question at hand is did GZ act within the legal bounds of SYG? His ethnicity should play no role in this.

The SYG law is controversial and needs to revisited and clarified.  GZ doesn't need to be the whipping boy for sorting this out.

Furthermore, the sensationalism seeking MSM should keep it's op-eds to itself, and just report the facts.  Civil rights activists should keep to themselves as there is no racism in this case except for what they insert into it.  Likewise for extremist groups and politicians.

IMO, it is GZ who has had his civil rights tampered with by being tried in the public media and not in a court of law.  That is what makes me so angry about this case. That and all the outsiders and insiders distorting what is known to fit particular agendas.

We all are entitled to our opinions, but judgement and if due, punishment, should be at the hand of the justice system. 

I feels so sad for both the Martin and Zimmerman families.

Challapalca him!
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #501 on: June 10, 2012, 04:08:53 PM »

I don't personally feel George is a minority.  He's half white and half white Peruvian.  All latino nations have whites and blacks.  George is a half caucasion (bio father) and half white latino (bio mother), as am I except my latino side is Puerto Rican.  I am a similar color as George (olive complexion) but I don't consider myself a minority particularly to the extent that I could never be considered unable to maintain prejudism against black people.

Just think of the precedent we are setting should GZ be found innocent:
If you are engaged in a fight and the other person is armed they are entitled to kill you unless you lose the fight and let them have the upper hand and even then they can lie and state they were in fear of their life so they chose to kill you.  Even if they have started the fight and you were protecting yourself! 

Essentially, every physical encounter can end in death... legally. 

There is already a law in place that claims self defense when you have murdered someone in self defense.  The only difference is SYG states you don't have to run.  It is GZ that was in pursuit and Trayvon who chose not to run.  Trayvon IMO had no intention of killing GZ yet he wound up murdered.

If we take race, ethnicity, drug use, past violence, community thefts, all the minutiae and preconcieved notions we may harbor (toward both GZ and TM) and focus only on the facts of the case IMO George Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin.

*all my opinion only

GZ is not setting any precedents.   GZ is charged with committing 2nd degree murder. The question at hand is did GZ act within the legal bounds of SYG? His ethnicity should play no role in this.

The SYG law is controversial and needs to revisited and clarified.  GZ doesn't need to be the whipping boy for sorting this out.

Furthermore, the sensationalism seeking MSM should keep it's op-eds to itself, and just report the facts.  Civil rights activists should keep to themselves as there is no racism in this case except for what they insert into it.  Likewise for extremist groups and politicians.

IMO, it is GZ who has had his civil rights tampered with by being tried in the public media and not in a court of law.  That is what makes me so angry about this case. That and all the outsiders and insiders distorting what is known to fit particular agendas.

We all are entitled to our opinions, but judgement and if due, punishment, should be at the hand of the justice system. 

I feels so sad for both the Martin and Zimmerman families.

I guess the reason that this case has become a focus for the SYG law is because GZ invoked it almost immediately when LE arrived to find a deceased Trayvon.  I don't believe he's become a whipping boy by any means, he just shot a kid, invoked SYG, was never investigated for murder, the deceased kid's family couldn't find assitance anywhere to acquire an investigation, so they went public and here we are.

Respectfully, Trayvon has been called a druggie, thug, his hoodie has been called into question, folks are asking why was he even in the neighborhood, why did he go to the store, were there fight videos of him on youtube, was he failing school, why didn't he run home, and on and on.  His parents were even accused of leaving him in the morgue for days before going to find him, a blatant falsehood.  What we do know as fact is that Zimmerman had a protective order against him, we know he was fired from a job for being aggressive, we know he was charged with resisting arrest and IIRC assault on an officer, we know he lied directly to a judge in court and conspired to hide money and a passport, we know he was frustrated with young black men walking though his neighborhood, yet he's the whipping boy and not Trayvon?  It goes both ways, IMO.

I'm not saying Trayvon was innocent as a statement of fact because until the trial there is no way to know that for sure.  I do know, however, that George Zimmerman is prone to violence and deceit as a result of documented and recorded fact. 

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #502 on: June 10, 2012, 05:14:12 PM »

I guess the reason that this case has become a focus for the SYG law is because GZ invoked it almost immediately when LE arrived to find a deceased Trayvon.  I don't believe he's become a whipping boy by any means, he just shot a kid, invoked SYG, was never investigated for murder, the deceased kid's family couldn't find assitance anywhere to acquire an investigation, so they went public and here we are.

Respectfully, Trayvon has been called a druggie, thug, his hoodie has been called into question, folks are asking why was he even in the neighborhood, why did he go to the store, were there fight videos of him on youtube, was he failing school, why didn't he run home, and on and on.  His parents were even accused of leaving him in the morgue for days before going to find him, a blatant falsehood.  What we do know as fact is that Zimmerman had a protective order against him, we know he was fired from a job for being aggressive, we know he was charged with resisting arrest and IIRC assault on an officer, we know he lied directly to a judge in court and conspired to hide money and a passport, we know he was frustrated with young black men walking though his neighborhood, yet he's the whipping boy and not Trayvon?  It goes both ways, IMO.

I'm not saying Trayvon was innocent as a statement of fact because until the trial there is no way to know that for sure.  I do know, however, that George Zimmerman is prone to violence and deceit as a result of documented and recorded fact. 

The case should be the focus of stand your ground as that is what it hinges on.  It's not about racism as it has been deliberately manipulated into.  It's not about character assassination  either, although both sides have done quite a bit of that.

TM and GZ have both been portrayed in their finest and their worst character attributes, while they were probably both somewhere in the middle.  Just as TM needs to not be judged by his previous actions (marijuana & truancy punishments at school, burglary tools, gold grills, finger salute pictures) so does GZ need not be judged by his past actions (which you mentioned in detail).

What matters only, is what happened that night and what evidence supports what happened that night.  The outcome of TM dying that night is very tragic, but both men didn't act in a vacuum.  TM was seen on top of GZ pummeling him in MMA form.  The how,  who or why of the physical altercation that lead to the death of TM has yet to be established.  That is the crux of this case. GZ admits he followed TM, but he was the neighborhood watch captain and was within the law to do so.  What needs to be determined is if (and when) this moved outside the scope of the law.

GZ WAS investigated immediately after the shooting for many hours at the police station and for weeks afterward.

When TM's family wasn't satisfied by the direction the investigation was taking, they hired a civil rights attorney.  Why a civil rights atty, if they didn't mean to turn this into a racial issue? They also hired an activist for a publicist and didn't say no to Jesse, AL and the New Black Panthers inserting their noses and stirring the race pot.

I've never had a missing or murdered loved one, so I don't know how I'd act or react if I felt no one was listening to me.

I'm not defending GZ, just his civil rights to be considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Challapalca him!
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #503 on: June 10, 2012, 09:35:41 PM »

I guess the reason that this case has become a focus for the SYG law is because GZ invoked it almost immediately when LE arrived to find a deceased Trayvon.  I dgon't believe he's become a whipping boy by any means, he just shot a kid, invoked SYG, was never investigated for murder, the deceased kid's family couldn't find assitance anywhere to acquire an investigation, so they went public and here we are.

The case should be the focus of stand your ground as that is what it hinges on.  It's not about racism as it has been deliberately manipulated into.  It's not about character assassination  either, although both sides have done quite a bit of that.

TM and GZ have both been portrayed in their finest and their worst character attributes, while they were probably both somewhere in the middle.  Just as TM needs to not be judged by his previous actions (marijuana & truancy punishments at school, burglary tools, gold grills, finger salute pictures) so does GZ need not be judged by his past actions (which you mentioned in detail).

What matters only, is what happened that night and what evidence supports what happened that night.  The outcome of TM dying that night is very tragic, but both men didn't act in a vacuum.  TM was seen on top of GZ pummeling him in MMA form.  The how,  who or why of the physical altercation that lead to the death of TM has yet to be established.  That is the crux of this case. GZ admits he followed TM, but he was the neighborhood watch captain and was within the law to do so.  What needs to be determined is if (and when) this moved outside the scope of the law.

GZ WAS investigated immediately after the shooting for many hours at the police station and for weeks afterward.

When TM's family wasn't satisfied by the direction the investigation was taking, they hired a civil rights attorney.  Why a civil rights atty, if they didn't mean to turn this into a racial issue? They also hired an activist for a publicist and didn't say no to Jesse, AL and the New Black Panthers inserting their noses and stirring the race pot.

I've never had a missing or murdered loved one, so I don't know how I'd act or react if I felt no one was listening to me.

I'm not defending GZ, just his civil rights to be considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

The parents knew the best way to get this into msm & get support for their case for an outright murder was to turn it into a racial thing & that, i believe is exactly why they did it. What leg would they have to stand on if this was a black on black crime? No better to anger their own race to gain support & rally up a lynch mob. I cant understand why some cant accept the possible scenario that this kid didnt appreciate being tailed & resented it thus causing anger & retaliating with verbal & physical confrontation. Not saying thats what happened but it would make sense considering the accounts of the fighting that occured prior to the struggle. Gz is an idiot, no question, but i highly doubt this sweet innocent kid just moved along to try & get out of the neighborhood & avoid confrontation. Who knows what your reaction woul be if you were down on the ground getting pummeled. U may legitimately fear for your life. I hate guns but i guess they are a necessary evil sometimes. How do we know gz knew tm wasnt armed? I cant imagine that if tm knew gz had a gun he would have engaged in any altercation. So just maybe, neither one knew whether the other was armed.
Hate to beat a dead horse, but where is/was the outrage in the channon christian, chris newsome case? That was unimaginably heinous too. What about the outrage over the black on white attacks that have occured since this case started? I guess thats ok though. All in the name of civil rights & justice.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: June 10, 2012, 09:38:31 PM »

http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

HIGH PROFILE CASES
State v. Zimmerman (2012-CF-001083-A)

06-07-12     Passport Records
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/passport%20applications.pdf

06-07-12     Media Advisory: Bond Hearing June 29, 2012
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/Media%20Advisory%20State%20v%20%20Zimmerman%20-%20Bond%20Hearing%206%2029%202012.pdf
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: June 11, 2012, 12:56:25 AM »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/stand-your-ground-law-task-force-will-hear-from-la/nPQSM/

Posted: 2:34 p.m. Sunday, June 10, 2012
‘Stand Your Ground’ law task force will hear from law enforcement, attorneys and public on Tuesday

::snipping2::
The task force will hear from law enforcement officials and lawyers in the morning before breaking for lunch, when Martin’s parents and organizers of Second Chance for Shoot First, a national group led by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, are slated to rally outside.

Representatives from police chiefs and sheriffs associations, criminal defense lawyers’ and prosecutors’ groups who deal with the law “on an almost daily basis in the real world in Florida” will make presentations in the morning, said John Konkus, chief of staff for Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll, the task force’s chairwoman. Palm Beach County Circuit Judge Krista Marx will also give an overview of the Florida Supreme Court’s ruling on the law, Konkus said.

In the afternoon, the public will be allowed to address the panel. It’s the first opportunity for the citizens to weigh in over Florida’s first-in-the-nation stand-your-ground law since Scott created the panel in response to a national outcry over the Feb. 26 shooting.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: June 11, 2012, 12:36:06 PM »

http://www.prweb.com/releases/ready-holster/stand-your-ground/prweb9582693.htm

Controversial “Stand Your Ground” Laws Shown State by State via Infographic by Ready Holster
Ready Holster releases an infographic showing Stand Your Ground laws state by state.
Salt Lake City, Utah (PRWEB) June 11, 2012

Due to the shooting death of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman, interest in so called “Stand Your Ground” laws has never been higher. Laws governing the use of firearms differ state by state. Finding the laws of each state can be a daunting task. Ready Holster has created a color coded infographic showing the Stand Your Ground laws of each state. This makes it easy to find each state’s firearm laws at a glance.

The infographic shows the states that have “Stand Your Ground” laws , which states use the stricter “Castle Doctrine,” and which states use the strictest “Retreat When Threatened” laws. The infographic also includes a brief description of each of the three gun laws.

The infographic also has detailed graphs breaking down robberies committed with a firearm state by state and murders per year in the US. Finally there are detailed statistics on property crimes, burglaries, property crimes, forcible rapes, etc.
-----------------------------
http://www.readyholster.com/blog/stand-your-ground-gun-laws-infographic

Stand Your Ground Gun Laws (infographic)
Posted on May 29, 2012 by Ready Holster
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: June 11, 2012, 01:54:49 PM »

Assistant state attorney appointed for George Zimmerman case
June 11 '12

SEMINOLE COUNTY --
There’s a new player in the case against George Zimmerman.

Assistant state attorney Richard W. Mantei has been appointed to handle the investigation and representation of the state of Florida.

The appointment was made June 4, but is now just being released.

Trayvon Martin, 17, died last February in Sanford after a scuffle with Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer. Zimmerman has said that he shot Martin in self-defense.

Zimmerman is currently at the Seminole County Jail after his original bond was revoked.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/6/11/assistant_state_atto.html?cmpid=twitter
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: June 11, 2012, 04:30:04 PM »

Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz now challenges Angela Corey to debate
 June 11, 2012 - 12:36pm

Famed Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz continued his assault on State Attorney Angela Corey today, challenging her to a debate this morning on a Jacksonville news radio show.

The challenge comes less than a week after Dershowitz’s article was published on Newsmax.com, ripping Corey for threatening to sue the university over his criticism of her actions in charging George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin shooting.

The quarrel began with Dershowitz’s comments on Fox News’ Huckabee, in which he said Corey told “half-truths” to the court when she submitted an affidavit saying that there was a struggle in the shooting without disclosing that Zimmerman had also been injured.

Talking with radio host Melissa Ross this morning on WJCT’s First Coast Connect, Dershowitz invited the state attorney to a debate on the show as soon as the case is finalized.  ::snipping2::

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/422234/charles-broward/2012-06-11/harvard-law-professor-alan-dershowitz-now-challenges
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #509 on: June 11, 2012, 04:59:19 PM »

Florida's 'stand your ground' immunity hearings are unique
June 11 '12

ORLAND0, Fla. - The nation's fixation on the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin has led many to question whether an impartial jury could be found for the trial of his killer, George Zimmerman.

But it's possible a judge, not a jury, will decide Zimmerman's fate. Zimmerman says he fired in self-defense, and many expect his lawyers will eventually ask for an immunity hearing under Florida's controversial "stand your ground" law.

Often described as a "minitrial" in which the judge serves as jury, such hearings are unlike other criminal justice proceedings.

The lawyers' roles are reversed, the burden of proof is low and the stakes couldn't be higher.

"If the judge dismisses the case, it's game over," says Eric Schwartzreich, a Fort Lauderdale attorney who has represented multiple "stand your ground" defendants since the law was passed in 2005.

Since Martin's shooting in Sanford, the law has been the subject of renewed debate. A task force created by Florida Gov. Rick Scott to reexamine "stand your ground" will hold its first public meeting this week.

The law allows civilians to use deadly force anywhere they're legally allowed to be, so long as they are not committing a crime and have a reasonable fear of death or serious injury.

When a defense lawyer files a motion for "stand your ground" immunity, a hearing is held that resembles a trial: Witnesses are called and cross-examined, evidence is introduced and lawyers make arguments.

"You basically have a trial before the trial," Jacksonville attorney Kevin Cobbin said.

The verdict is up to the judge. And because the burden to prove "stand your ground" is on the defense, the lawyers' traditional roles are flipped, with the defense on the offensive.

At least in theory, the defense doesn't have much to prove.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47771358
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: June 11, 2012, 05:20:29 PM »

CBC: Zimmerman acquittal could spark race riots
[CBC=Congressional Black Caucus]
June 11 '12

Race riots could ensue if George Zimmerman -- the shooter in the Trayvon Martin case -- is found not guilty of second-degree murder by a Florida jury, the Congressional Black Caucus' executive director allowed yesterday.

"I think a 'not guilty' verdict is extremely problematic in 2012," said Angela Rye, the Executive Director and General Counsel for the Congressional Black Caucus. She said, "I don't know," when asked what would happen in the event of an acquittal. "I know that folks have talked about race riots -- I don't know that. I think that we live in a day and age where people are educated enough not to do that. I know that his mother and his father have asked for peace, peaceful solutions, not repaying evil for evil, so I'm not sure. I think it would set us back . . . there's no value to racial violence or any other kind of violence."

Rye cited the media handling of the Trayvon Martin shooting as an example of racial bias. "To demonize a victim is always heavily criticized if it's a white woman, if it's a child -- but in this situation, this boy who was not alive anymore to tell his side of the story was quickly demonized, and that's where I take issue," she said.  ::snipping2:: 

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/cbc-zimmerman-acquittal-could-spark-race-riots/592491
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #511 on: June 11, 2012, 07:00:30 PM »

June 11 '12

Race riots could ensue if George Zimmerman -- the shooter in the Trayvon Martin case -- is found not guilty of second-degree murder by a Florida jury, the Congressional Black Caucus' executive director allowed yesterday.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/cbc-zimmerman-acquittal-could-spark-race-riots/592491

Nothing like beating the war drums and making veiled threats!

Challapalca him!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: June 11, 2012, 08:32:27 PM »

June 11 '12

Nothing like beating the war drums and making veiled threats!

No kidding!

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #513 on: June 12, 2012, 09:25:22 AM »

June 11 '12

"I think a 'not guilty' verdict is extremely problematic in 2012," said Angela Rye, the Executive Director and General Counsel for the Congressional Black Caucus. She said, "I don't know," when asked what would happen in the event of an acquittal. "I know that folks have talked about race riots -- I don't know that. I think that we live in a day and age where people are educated enough not to do that. I know that his mother and his father have asked for peace, peaceful solutions, not repaying evil for evil, so I'm not sure. I think it would set us back . . . there's no value to racial violence or any other kind of violence."

Rye cited the media handling of the Trayvon Martin shooting as an example of racial bias. "To demonize a victim is always heavily criticized if it's a white woman, if it's a child -- but in this situation, this boy who was not alive anymore to tell his side of the story was quickly demonized, and that's where I take issue," she said.  ::snipping2:: 

This was extremely irresponsible of the Washington Examiner.  That is not what Angela Rye stated, nor was it even close to the full meaning of her words.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #514 on: June 12, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »

June 11 '12

This was extremely irresponsible of the Washington Examiner.  That is not what Angela Rye stated, nor was it even close to the full meaning of her words.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #515 on: June 12, 2012, 12:17:00 PM »

Zimmerman 'does not properly respect the law,' judge says in order revoking bond
June 12 '12

The judge who revoked George Zimmerman's bond did so after he determined that it was "apparent" that Zimmerman's wife had lied under oath, and clear that Zimmerman "does not properly respect the law."

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester revoked Zimmerman's bond on June 1, but his written order was filed Monday. In it, Lester lays out his rationale.

The judge sent Zimmerman — the man charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin — back to jail after prosecutors alleged that Zimmerman and his wife conspired to hide from the court about $135,000 Zimmerman had collected in donations to his website.

The Zimmermans spoke about the money "in code" during recorded jailhouse phone calls, prosecutors said. Then, Shellie Zimmerman told the judge during her husband's bond hearing that the couple was essentially destitute.

"It is apparent that [Shellie] Zimmerman testified untruthfully at the bond hearing," the judge writes in his order. "The Defendant also testified, but did not alert the Court to the misinformation."

"Had the Court been made aware of the true financial circumstances at the bond hearing, the bond decision might have been different," Lester wrote. After finding out about the discrepancy, the judge said he was left with two options: Increasing Zimmerman's bond, or revoking it.

The judge writes that his considered several factors, most of which weighed against Zimmerman.  ::snipping2:: 

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-06-12/news/os-george-zimmerman-bond-revoked-order-20120612_1_bond-decision-jailhouse-phone-george-zimmerman
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #516 on: June 12, 2012, 12:39:43 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpzBX9Q56Ws
Prosecutor Corey Pulls a NBC Zimmeredit
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #517 on: June 12, 2012, 02:51:48 PM »

Trayvon's parents gather as Stand Your Ground task force meets
June 12 '12

The parents of Trayvon Martin showed up outside a church in Longwood this afternoon as a task force studying what to do about Florida's "stand your ground law" took a lunch break.

Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton joined Second Chance on Shoot First, a newly formed national group that opposes "stand your ground."

The group said it has gathered 375,000 signatures petitioning for the law to be repealed or re-written.

With them were Trayvon's parents, appearing with their lawyer, Benjamin Crump. Crump said the family planned to ask the task force to support a "Trayvon Martin amendment" to the law to say that "you cannot be the pursuer" and still claim "stand your ground" protection

"They need to amend these laws," Fulton said, to ensure that they aren't applied to cases like her son's death. "I don't have anything against the 'stand your ground' law, it's the way that it's applied."

Said Tracy Martin: "Had George Zimmerman never gotten out of his vehicle, had he stayed in his vehicle," and not pursued Trayvon, "he wouldn't have no reason to stand his ground."

The task force was created by Gov. Rick Scott after Trayvon was fatally shot Feb. 26 in Sanford by a Neighborhood watch volunteer. The gunman, George Zimmerman, told police he acted in self-defense.

The task force is concentrating on fairness and inequities in the way the law is applied, Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll, the panel's chairman said before the meeting began.

"I haven't heard any of the board members say they like it the way it is," she said.

The task force has no authority to change the law. It will make recommendations to the Florida Legislature and Scott.

Any changes will be up to the Legislature, she said.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/elections/os-trayvon-stand-your-ground-petition-20120612,0,1352134.story
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: June 12, 2012, 03:13:08 PM »

http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

06-12-12     Notice of June 29 Bond Hearing
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/notice%20of%206-29%20bond%20hearing.pdf

06-12-12     Order Revoking Bond
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/order%20revoking%20bond.pdf

06-11-12     New Appointment of ASA Co-Counsel
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/third%20designation%20of%20ASA.pdf

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #519 on: June 12, 2012, 04:42:02 PM »

MSN homepage has a banner stating that Zimmermans wife has been arrested for perjury.  No article has been posted yet, it's the banner only.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.