March 28, 2024, 08:43:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 363323 times)
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #680 on: June 20, 2012, 09:20:28 PM »

In audio of police call, Trayvon Martin's father worries about his son
June 20 '12

SANFORD, Fla. -- Before anyone in 17-year-old Trayvon Martin's family knew he had been shot in a gated community here, and before 28-year-old George Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder in Martin’s death more than six weeks later – before the protests in between, and before the anguish – there was a confused father worried for his son’s whereabouts.

In recordings provided to NBC News under Florida public records laws, Trayvon’s father, Tracy Martin, speaks with Seminole County dispatchers more than 13 hours after his son was killed.

From the call made to the non-emergency line at the county Sheriff's Office at 8:39 a.m. Feb. 27, it’s clear that Tracy Martin is unaware of what’s happened as he asks if he can file a “missing persons report.”

“I’m from Miami. And my son’s up here with me,” Martin can be heard saying, adding,  “He don’t know anybody up here.”

Father and son are from Miami Gardens – outside the city – but the two had traveled to Sanford to visit with Tracy Martin’s girlfriend.

“Do you know the address?” the dispatcher asks.

“What’s the address, baby?” Martin can be heard saying – presumably to his girlfriend.

Martin goes on to say he hasn’t seen his son since 8 or 8:30 the prior night.

A second county dispatcher representing the Sanford Police Department called Martin back sometime later, asking for details about his son. Does his son have a driver’s license?

“No, he don’t,” Mr. Martin says.

“Ok, does not have a DL,” the dispatcher says.  “And is he white, black, or Hispanic?”

“He’s black,” Martin says.

Asked if Trayvon knows anyone in the area whose house he might have gone to, Martin says no.

“I have a nephew up here,” Martin says, “but he’s not at my nephew house. He hasn’t been over there, either.”

“OK, alright then,” the dispatcher says. “The officers are already on the way. I just want to get a little further – in case, you know, while they’re on the way they might spot him so we can let them know.”

But police, of course, do not find Trayvon. His body, though not yet identified, had been recovered from the scene of the shooting the night before.  ::snipping2:: 

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/20/12321970-in-audio-of-police-call-trayvon-martins-father-worries-about-his-son?lite

if my 17 yr old did not come home all night in a city where he knew noone im quite sure i wouldnt wait til 830 the next morning to call police. Thats just me though.

I agree. If my child had been repeatedly suspended from school, I would have that child on a much shorter leash.  Also Tracy says he hasn't seen Trayvon since 8:30 the night before, which can't be true, b/c TM was killed before then.

Challapalca him!
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: June 20, 2012, 09:31:51 PM »

Police chief reportedly fired in wake of Trayvon Martin shooting
 Published June 20, 2012

::snipping2::
An official announcement on the firing is expected Thursday, the sources say, though a spokesman for Lee disputes the reports of his firing.

"Chief Lee met with City Manager Norton Bonaparte today and they discussed his termination," spokeswoman Sara Brady said. "The meeting was left open-ended, with Bonaparte saying he would get back to him with more details, which didn't happen by the end of the day. When Lee left it was a conversation/discussion and he did not come away with a date or any type of agreement."  ::snipping2:: 

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/20/police-chief-reportedly-fired-in-wake-trayvon-martin-shooting/#ixzz1yO2rFtpC
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #682 on: June 20, 2012, 11:49:19 PM »

trayvon himself has nothing to do with the racism case this has turned into as he is deceased but his parents, their lawyers & all of the over the top race baiters that have gotten involved certainly do.this should have been a case of who did what & how did it escalate. Why do u find tm so blameless in the incident? How do u know gz knew tm was unarmed? How do u know that the scenario carpe laid out is not what occured? How do u know gz did not legitimately fear for his life while he was being beaten into the concrete? I have said ot a million times, the character of both involved seems to be questionable & this was a senseless death but neither side appears to be blameless for what went down. I would bet gz wishes he would not have pursued this kid now. He has to live in fear for the rest of his life whether hes acquitted or not. The fact that he & his wife had financial issues prior to this does notfactor into whether or not he was a thuh or of bad moral character. I know alot of good people who have been down on their luck & couldnt pay their bills. Does not make them bad people. I also never once said gz is a fine upstanding peron. I have no way of knowing. I dont know him or his life experiences. I take issue with the race issue this has become. I also take issue with the portrayal of this kid as an innocent.  Dont think all of the money supporters are sending would be worth what he and his family are going through. Lets take a look at what kind of money the parents have most likely raked in off of this. Must be something if they can now afford not to work & travel all over t he world with this racial agenda. I think lying under oath is wrong too. Punish the wife for that. Its been done. I cant imagine they think for one second that this money they have received will have them living the high life. Im sure most if not all will be used for his legal defense. This racial angst is absolutely caused by what this case has created.

Hey kcrn 
At this point we know more about George Zimmerman and less about Trayvon.  I try to base my perspective on facts and most of the posters here do the same but we all probably slant a certain way based on life experiences so what we think Trayvon or George may have been doing or thinking will be slanted accordingly.  My perspective is not colored by the race issue at all, I just don't care that much about race.  I don't choose to see Trayvon as a person who would attack a stranger for no reason because I have no reason to, there are no facts presented that would lead me to believe such a thing.  I do see, based on facts that we know, that GZ was frustrated, armed, and at least at one point during the night, in pursuit of Trayvon. 

That doesn't mean my perspective is right however the facts as we know them lead me to believe (skewed as my perspective may seem) the events of that evening stemmed from the actions of George Zimmerman, a man with a lot more life experience than 17 year old Trayvon.

I'm not sorry this has brought about the topic of race.  I read the posts here and elsewhere and can see the frustration from all sides. There are neanderthals that still exist who can't see past a person's skin color and these racists come from all ethnicities but by and large the majority of humanity are over it.  I really hope we're at the threshold of recognizing that racial tensions are unneccessary and maybe that will be Trayvon's legacy.  The problem is that the media doesn't seem to encourage logical discussion of same, they only quote the extremists even though there are relatively few in comparison to the majority.

Thanks for sharing your insight, kcrn.  I agree that if George could undo everything that happened that night he would, and I agree that trying to portray him as a racist is wrong.  There is no evidence that would indicate he's racist. 
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #683 on: June 21, 2012, 04:35:22 AM »

I don't get why they would "fire" the Chief when he had already submitted his resignation.

This just doesn't seem like the right thing to do IMO.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: June 21, 2012, 07:42:44 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/20/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Sandusky Doesn`t Testify; New Info in Trayvon Martin Case
Aired June 20, 2012 - 19:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

And tonight, we`ve got breaking news off the top. Just moments ago, we obtained two more crucial 911 calls in the shooting of Trayvon Martin by Neighborhood Watch volunteer Trayvon Martin. And guess what? We`re going to play them for you. You and I will hear them for the very first time, because I haven`t heard them. They`ve just come into the system. They`ve just gotten approved.

Again, this is Trayvon Martin`s father, Tracy Martin, trying to find his son, who tragically he was not aware had already been shot dead.
Next, we are going to bring you those 911 calls. We`ve got them in, in the Trayvon Martin shooting. Unbelievable new sound next.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, CHARGED IN SHOOTING: We had some break-ins in my neighborhood. And there`s a real suspicious guy.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: He`s just said he shot him dead. The person is dead, lying on the ground.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: No justice, no peace! No justice, no peace!

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Mr. Zimmerman has made the statement of self- defense.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The Neighborhood Watch is Neighborhood Watch. Not neighborhood shoot.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What do you see when you look face-to-face across to Mr. Zimmerman?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A very, very frightened 28-year-old.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It was February 26 in Sanford, Florida, a night that really changed the nation and sparked a huge uproar.

This young man had just bought Skittles and iced tea at the local 7- Eleven and was headed back to his dad`s home in this gated community when George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer following him, ends up shooting him dead.

Now, of course, we all know about the national uproar that followed. First, he was not arrested, George Zimmerman, that is. And then ultimately, after a national uproar, demonstrations and an investigation by a special prosecutor, he was arrested. There you see George Zimmerman being taken in by police. Well, now we`ve got extraordinary new 911 calls just in.

Now, the first one comes the day after the shooting. Believe it or not, Trayvon Martin`s dad had no idea that his 17-year-old son had been shot dead, because the young man did not have identification on him when he went to the 7-Eleven.

So the next day, which would be February 27, Trayvon Martin`s father, Tracy Martin, is calling 911 to try and file a missing persons report. Where is his son? He has no idea. Let`s listen to the 911 call that just came into our system. You and I together, hearing it for the first time.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Sheriff`s office, this line is being recorded. My name is Cassandra.

TRACY MARTIN, FATHER OF TRAYVON: How are you?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Good. How are you today, sir?

MARTIN: Good. Good, good. I need to file a missing person report because it hasn`t really been 24 hours, but I`m from Miami. And my son`s up here with me. And he left -- he don`t know anybody up here. And...

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK. Are you staying in a hotel here?

MARTIN: No. I`m actually staying at my dear friend`s house.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Do you know the address?

MARTIN: What`s the address?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK. And you said it was your son that`s missing?

MARTIN: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Give me one moment. And you said -- how long has he been missing for?

MARTIN: Since last night.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: How old is your son?

MARTIN: He`s 17.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK. What`s his name?

MARTIN: Trayvon Martin. T-R-A-Y-V-O-N M-A-R-T-I-N.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK, sir, what`s your name?

MARTIN: My name`s Tracy Martin.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK. What`s a phone number we can reach you at? OK. An officer can meet with you and file the report?

MARTIN: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK. What was your son last seen wearing?

MARTIN: He probably had on a pair of khakis shorts and a gray sweatshirt. Probably had on slacks. And a pair -- I`m sorry, and a pair of Air Jordan tennis shoes. Lighter red tennis shoes.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK. Can you give me a specific time of the last time you saw him?

MARTIN: About 8:30.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: 8:30?

MARTIN: Eight, 8:30 last night, yes.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK, sir. We`re going to dispatch somebody out there.

MARTIN: OK. Thank you.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: All right. Yes, sir. Bye.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The extraordinary thing is that police the night that Trayvon lay dead on the ground did not walk around to a nearby unit where the father lived and ask him, hey, is this your son? On the other side of the break we are going to analyze this extraordinary audio tape with our team of experts. What does it mean? Why did Trayvon Martin`s father not know that he had been killed a full day after he was shot?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Seminole County Sheriff`s Office. This call is being recorded. My name is Cassandra.

MARTIN: How are you?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Good. How are you today, sir?

MARTIN: Good. Good, good. I need to file a missing person report.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. You`re hearing this tape as we are, as I am. It`s just come in.

And Lisa Bloom, legal analyst for Avo, what`s extraordinary to me is this is a day after Trayvon Martin is shot dead just a stone`s throw from where the father lives. And to me it dovetails with the criticism that his death wasn`t treated with respect, because the police didn`t go around to nearby houses, a stone`s throw away, and say, "Hey, do you know who this young man is?"

BLOOM: Right. Did they assume, because Trayvon is African-American, that he couldn`t possibly be in that neighborhood because his dad is staying with a girlfriend there? In other words because he was welcomed in that community.

Was the assumption made that, because he was an African-American male lying on the ground after some kind of a fight had happened, that he must have been an intruder? That he must have been a ne`er-do-well, you know, there for some nefarious reason? That`s very disturbing.

And I have to say, just as a parent, it is so heartbreaking to hear Trayvon`s dad calling 911, reporting him missing. You can hear in his voice that he`s hoping for the best. He`s hoping there`s going to be some kind of crazy story, but his son is going to return. And we already know now that Trayvon was already gone at the time of this call. I mean, what a heartbreak.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It is absolutely heart-wrenching. And the video we showed, which is really the video we have of Trayvon Martin`s father after this became a national story. And he is often just distraught and overcome as he holds these news conferences.

Eric Schwartz, criminal attorney out of Miami, believe it or not, we actually have more breaking news on the Trayvon Martin shooting. Spokesperson for Bill Lee, Sanford city manager, has said that they decided to terminate his contract as of today.

Now, this was somebody who had stepped aside, you remember. But originally the powers that be wouldn`t accept his resignation. And frankly, I wonder if it has anything to do with the release of these tapes. Because, to me, just the idea the police don`t make the connection. A young man`s disappeared at that exact spot and they don`t make the connection to somebody who was shot dead the night before.

SCHWARTZ: Jane, it might have a lot to do with these tapes being released. And that the father didn`t know.

And what really strikes me is listening to the father, the emotion in his voice. And we now know that his son was dead and was killed at this point in time, and the father was hoping for the best.

But heads are going to roll on this, whether it`s law enforcement, if they bundled this, whether it`s politicians, a resignation. There are always going to be people that will pay the price. And that being fired or having to resign might be a result of these 911 tapes being released at this point in time.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Unbelievable. It really is a case that, with every new release of information, we get greater insight into really the Shakespearean tragedy that was that night.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #685 on: June 21, 2012, 08:20:06 AM »

George Zimmerman's Reenactment of Trayvon Martin Shooting

6/21/12
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmermans-reenactment-trayvon-martin-shooting/story?id=16616864
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #686 on: June 21, 2012, 08:25:11 AM »

http://gzlegalcase.com/

http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/press-releases/30-george-zimmerman-s-statements

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN'S STATEMENTS
ON 20 JUNE 2012.
The Court has acknowledged that Mr. Zimmerman’s statements are to be made public. As these are the statements of our client, we are filing a Notice of Reciprocal Discovery. Below is a copy of our Notice of Reciprocal Discovery and the associated files.

Notice of Reciprocal Discovery  http://gzlegalcase.com/documents/statements/notice_of_reciprocal_discovery.pdf

Written Statement to the Sanford Police Department on February 26  http://gzlegalcase.com/documents/statements/written_statement_0226.pdf

Audio Recorded Statement to Investigator Singleton on February 26 (Part 1)  http://gzlegalcase.com/documents/statements/audio_statement_0226_1.mp3

Audio Recorded Statement to Investigator Singleton on February 26 (Part 2)  http://gzlegalcase.com/documents/statements/audio_statement_0226_2.mp3

Audio Recorded Interview with Investigator Serino of Sanford Police Department on February 27 (12:05 AM) 
http://gzlegalcase.com/documents/statements/audio_statement_0226_2.mp3

Video Interview by CVSA Expert on February 27  http://gzlegalcase.com/documents/statements/video_interview_cvsa_0227.asf

Video Recording of the Reenactment on February 27  (This is a download onto the computer)

Audio Recorded Interview with Investigator Serino on February 29 (Part 1)  http://gzlegalcase.com/documents/statements/audio_interview_0229_1.mp3

Audio Recorded Interview with Investigator Serino on February 29 (Part 2)  http://gzlegalcase.com/documents/statements/audio_interview_0229_2.mp3

Audio Recorded Interview with Investigator Serino on February 29 (Part 3)  http://gzlegalcase.com/documents/statements/audio_interview_0229_3.mp3

Audio Telephone Interview with Investigator Serino on March 25  http://gzlegalcase.com/documents/statements/audio_interview_0325.mp3

Audio Telephone Interview with Investigator Serino on March 26  http://gzlegalcase.com/documents/statements/audio_interview_0326.mp3

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: June 21, 2012, 01:18:04 PM »

Video at link

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html

George Zimmerman: Trayvon Martin threatened my life
By Ashley Hayes, CNN
updated 11:23 AM EDT, Thu June 21, 2012

(CNN) -- Just hours after fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman told police investigators the shooting followed a life-and-death struggle in which the teen told him, "You're going to die tonight."
During the videotaped voice stress test, he seemed to suggest that he wasn't sure he had hit Martin when he fired his gun, saying that he "thought that he heard the shot and he was giving up" and that he pushed Martin off of him.

"Either way, I ended up on top of him, straddling him," he said, but he claimed he "felt like (Martin) was hitting me with something in his hands" so he grabbed the youth's hands to restrain him. Martin was saying something like "ah, ah," and cursing, Zimmerman said, and he told him, "Stop. Don't move."

Before the voice stress test begins, Zimmerman discusses health insurance with a police officer and mentions he visited the doctor and the psychologist that day. "I think the psychologist is when it hit me the hardest," he said.

However, in a February 29 interview, Serino expresses some doubt about Zimmerman's account, noting that many questions remain about the incident.

"The court of public opinion is going to beat up on you a lot," Serino said. "A lot of people don't think that your injuries are consistent with getting into a life-threatening type thing."

Martin, Serino said, "has no criminal record whatsoever. Good kid. Mild-mannered kid."

In his possession, Serino said, "we found a can of iced tea and a bag of Skittles and about $40 in cash. Not a goon."

He tells Zimmerman he has received an anonymous phone call "from somebody who gave a different version of events ... more along the lines that you tried to detain him," and recounting an argument prior to the shooting.

"You got any problems with black people?" Serino asked Zimmerman, who replied, "No, sir."

Serino told Zimmerman authorities can't figure out what would have made Martin "snap." Zimmerman said he didn't know what might have enraged the teen.

And the investigator expresses doubt that Zimmerman, who had lived in the neighborhood for three years and described himself as head of the neighborhood watch, did not know the names of the three streets in the subdivision.

"To be honest with you, I have a bad memory anyway," Zimmerman said, adding that he has attention-deficit (hyperactivity) disorder and takes medication for it.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: June 21, 2012, 01:29:18 PM »

Videos at link

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/21/2860569/zimmerman-told-police-trayvon.html

Posted on Thursday, 06.21.12
Zimmerman told police Trayvon Martin’s last words were: “You got me."

On the evening of Feb. 27, the day after the shooting, the bandaged Zimmerman made detailed statements to police on video by re-enacting the incident at the Sanford gated community. He later sat for a longer interview with another police official who used voice-analyzing software to help determine the veracity of Zimmerman’s statements.

The videos are the first time the public can see and hear Zimmerman describing the events leading up to his confrontation with Trayvon and what led him to shoot the Miami Gardens teen.

Just before the longer interview with police, Zimmerman’s demeanor seemed cool and a little dazed. There are two mid-sized bandages on his head. He tried to make small talk at one point, asking a female officer:

“Have you ever had to shoot anybody?”

“No,” she said.

“Good for you,” he answered. They then made small talk about their families and he noted, “my wife’s a mess.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/21/2860569/zimmerman-told-police-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: June 21, 2012, 01:40:39 PM »

Two-page article

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/22/us/documents-tell-zimmermans-side-in-martin-shooting.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

Documents Tell Zimmerman’s Side in Martin Shooting
Published: June 21, 2012

As Mr. Zimmerman retells his version of events in the days after the shooting, the story remains essentially consistent, although some of the language varies.

In one of the videos, Mr. Zimmerman is seen re-enacting the episode for the police. He also gives investigators a tour of the neighborhood, telling them where he first saw Mr. Martin and where his vehicle had been parked.
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #690 on: June 21, 2012, 02:12:13 PM »

I'm sorry but I No longer feel sorry for the Martin Family.

They are a bunch of liars and grifters living off of their dead son.

IMO, When this first happened. The events the Sanford police told the Martin family were more than likely true Well, they didn't like the results they got so they decided to hire a civil rights lawyer to make up some story about their 17 year old son shot in cold blood on the way back from 7-11 for no reason.

well, It turns out the've been lying about this from the beginning, showing an outdated photo of Trayvon claiming he was just a child (photo of a much younger trayvon) out in the media.

hell, they might as well SUE every freakin person who works for Sanford etc.

I'm sorry these "grieving" "parents" will never be satisfied.

My sympathy for them are out the window.  The people I feel sorry for is George & Trayvon .

(George because of what he is going through and Trayvon because his parents are trying to make a quick buck off of his slaying).

and although I don't agree with what GZ and his wife did with all the money, How is that going to play into what happened on the night of February 26th?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #691 on: June 21, 2012, 02:15:58 PM »

I listened to all the audio interviews and IMO GZ basically told the same story each time and it's basically what he told the detectives during the reenactment.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: June 21, 2012, 02:27:51 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/21/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
George Zimmerman: Trayvon Martin threatened my life
By Ashley Hayes, CNN
June 21, 2012 -- Updated 1817 GMT (0217 HKT)

Video at Link - (Click to Play)

Read the written statement from Zimmerman to police about what happened (PDF) (click on in article)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: June 21, 2012, 06:01:16 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trayvon-martin-shooter-lie-detector-test-police-interview-tapes-released-george-zimmerman-attorney-article-1.1100043

Trayvon Martin shooter lie detector test, police interview tapes released by George Zimmerman’s attorney
Thursday, June 21, 2012, 4:28 PM

George Zimmerman was telling the truth when he said he shot Trayvon Martin because he thought the teenager would kill him, a police lie detector test found.

A flood of new evidence released Thursday by Zimmerman’s attorney included video and audio of Zimmerman’s various police interviews and a recording of a voice stress test he took on Feb. 27 — almost exactly 24 hours after the shooting.

“Were you in fear for your life when you shot the guy?” Sanford Police Investigator William Ervin asked.

Zimmerman replied without hesitation: “Yes.”

As part of the test, Zimmerman had been told in advance that he would be asked that. He was so eager to answer the question that he interrupted Ervin’s first attempt to ask, and had to be admonished to let the cop finish before replying.

The scene was bizarre: Zimmerman was made to sit facing a blank wall in a Sanford Police interview room while the cop asking questions sat behind him fiddling with a laptop that monitored the sound of Zimmerman’s voice.

Two days later, in an audiotaped interview also released Thursday, Sanford Police Investigator Chris Serino tells Zimmerman the test found no deception.

“Obviously, you passed a lie detector test,” Serino said Feb. 29.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trayvon-martin-shooter-lie-detector-test-police-interview-tapes-released-george-zimmerman-attorney-article-1.1100043#ixzz1yT1wOLED
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #694 on: June 21, 2012, 07:12:54 PM »

I don't get why they would "fire" the Chief when he had already submitted his resignation.

I don't think so either. He offered his resignation, they voted to keep him. So they could later fire him.

Apparently, he was standing in the way of Saint Tray of the Skittles from achieving his "legacy"?

In my view, he was following the law. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken stuffing.

Not even Al shouting over a bullhorn can do that.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: June 21, 2012, 07:48:58 PM »

https://twitter.com/marknejame
1h Mark NeJame Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame
I'll have more on today's discovery in the ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ ‪#TrayvonMartin‬ case at 7:45PM on @CNN with @OutFrontCNN

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #696 on: June 21, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »

Posters on other threads are saying that things don't match up and that George is adding stuff here and there trying to "pile on" and make things seem worse.

I believe it's possible in telling what happened that at different times he could have remembered something else.  I do that in everyday life.

We all know that police question people over and over to see how people tell their story...whether drastic differences or the same exact story.  We know that no story gets told the same way twice unless its "scripted" or "made up" and sticking to the story.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #697 on: June 21, 2012, 09:23:34 PM »

I don't think so either. He offered his resignation, they voted to keep him. So they could later fire him.

Apparently, he was standing in the way of Saint Tray of the Skittles from achieving his "legacy"?

In my view, he was following the law. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken stuffing.

Barrel of laughs.   

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #698 on: June 22, 2012, 12:37:32 AM »

I'm confused as well.  The guy offered to resign.  What has changed that makes them feel it necessary to fire him?  Could he get an atty and protest this?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #699 on: June 22, 2012, 12:51:19 AM »

Actually, I wondered that too, Kittymom.  It almost seemed like they refused his resignation so they would be able to fire him later.  Maybe so he wouldn't have as many parting benefits?  Seems very wrong to have handled it this way and I'm sure they will be under fire for it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.