March 18, 2024, 11:46:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 362677 times)
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #720 on: June 22, 2012, 12:26:49 PM »

i know nothing of this police chief or this town but i do know that the racial tension that has been created by this case has been directed at gz & not the chief of police in that town. To say that these parents were only upset about the way the police dept has handled this is ridiculous.syg laws exist in many states & i dont think the police chief in any city is responsible for it. I dont have an agenda. Im angry about the the fact that this has been turned into soley a racial issue as i dont see that one exists here. I absolutely believe that these parents have played the race card unfairly to further their own agenda. The man will have his day in court as unfair as it will probably turn out. Go back to work, grieve the loss of your child & stop trying to profit off of his death. Stop traveling the world trying to create racial strife amongst people who have NOTHING to do with the death of this poor boy. Rosa parks, really? Thats disgusting to me. They didnt even bother to wonder where their son was until the next morning in a town where he knew nobody.

Well, I do know of this police chief and this town - I live and own property there. There is no racial tension in Sanford; at least, not more than there ever was. Any racial tension that exists has been fabricated by the media. I didn't say that police chiefs are responsible for the SYG laws - I said they were against them. How do you feel the parents have played the race card unfairly? I have not seen it, and I was at the Sanford rallies. Could you provide some links, or quotes, of the parents playing the race card? His mother is rallying against racial profiling - which occurs all the time in Sanford - and against SYG laws. How is that "playing" the race card? In this interview http://www.npr.org/2012/04/26/151377059/sybrina-fulton-i-can-wait-a-year-for-justice she says, "I have said before that it's not about black and white. And as I look in the crowds when we're at the rallies and at the different church services and things like that, I notice that it's not just African-American people. It's not just black people that are there. There are Spanish people, there are white people, there are Mexican people, Cuban people — there are people from all across the globe. So, that indicates to me that it's not just about African-Americans." I have not seen anywhere where she is trying to create racial strife. But there is racism, certainly, in this case....but it is not from Sanford, or Sybrina Fulton, or even GZ himself (he seems to hate everyone equally), it is from everyone looking at this case through the lens of their own bigotry (or lack thereof). For instance, in these forums a white woman can hold repeated fundraisers for a missing or dead child, and most will remark on the poor, poor mother and what she has gone through. A black woman accepts vacation time and is said to be "profiting" off her son's death. Really? Do you feel the other mothers mentioned throughout these forums should "go back to work" shortly after the death of their child? Do you feel Beth Holloway "profited" off the death of her daughter? And if not, why not? I'm not saying she did - I'm just curious if you look at a white woman's situation differently than a black woman's. And yes, most people had "nothing to do with the death of this poor boy," but unless something is done about profiling - of all kinds - and the SYG laws, more innocent people will die. That is what his mother is rallying for, and it's about time someone did.

well 1st off, i never commented on the racial tensions in sanford, their police dep or anything else about sanford. I dont even know where exactly sanford is in fl much less about the population, crime rates or how the police dept handles anything. This unrest has developed all over the country & i am commenting on that. I also wonder what u base your comments on gz hates everyone on. What proof do u have that he "hates" anyone? I am far from a bigot & teach my chidren that everyone is equal no matter their race, religious affiliation, culture, beliefs etc. People should be judged on their own words & actions. Al sharptons words & actions speak loudly of bigotry. Why affiliate yourself with someone like that? He is using them to further his own agenda. Gz was arrested & charged so at that point, why did the world tour need to continue? A very frightened jury will decide his fate. If the evidence at trial proves his account of what happened, dont think for one second that there wont be some on that jury who are afraid to acquit. I do believe that gz should have been taken into custody right then & there & a proper investigation carried out. I just do not believe this man is the racist monster he has been portrayed as. Maybe the police chief is racist. I dont know that.profiling, btw does not only affect a black man. Maybe he is guilty of profiling in that tm fit the profile of previous suspects in the burglaries in that neighborhood. Could have been young hispanic males or young white males.
[/quote]

Btw i do feel for the mothers discussed on this forum who hold fundraisers to try to find their missing children. What are the funds being donated for in this case?  those who support gz are donating to his defense which im sure will be astronomical. I dont see him living the high life if acquitted off of the money donated. I support & grieve for any parent who has lost a child. I cant imagine what kind of pain that would be. If i lost my child to a black on white crime, i surely wouldnt want the kkk in my corner. Al sharpton makes me sick for the bigot that he is. Not because hes black. Natalee holloways mother has fought for justice in her childs death as their obviously was none. She is also a wonderful peron & advocate for the missing as is mark klaas.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #721 on: June 22, 2012, 12:29:21 PM »

I haven't read any quotes by anyone involved in this case who has stated George Zimmerman is a racist monster, or even just a racist.  Maybe I missed them?

i wont argue semantics with you. If u think that there hasnt been an implication of racism here then ok.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #722 on: June 22, 2012, 12:32:42 PM »

I haven't read any quotes by anyone involved in this case who has stated George Zimmerman is a racist monster, or even just a racist.  Maybe I missed them?

i wont argue semantics with you. If u think that there hasnt been an implication of racism here then ok.

It's not a case of semantics.  I do not recall anyone involved in this case accusing or even implying GZ is a racist.  They've accused him of profiling but the word racist has not come up that I've seen.  I went looking the other day after a post about him being labled a racist and I could not find evidence of that.

The Sanford police have been implicated in racism, but not GZ.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #723 on: June 22, 2012, 12:35:35 PM »

It's not a case of semantics.  I do not recall anyone involved in this case accusing or even implying GZ is a racist.  They've accused him of profiling but the word racist has not come up that I've seen.  I went looking the other day after a post about him being labled a racist and I could not find evidence of that.

agree to disagree. Nothing u say changes my opinions & nothing i say changes yours. This is not a personal battle so i will give my fingers a rest as can u Smile
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #724 on: June 22, 2012, 12:38:43 PM »

agree to disagree. Nothing u say changes my opinions & nothing i say changes yours. This is not a personal battle so i will give my fingers a rest as can u Smile

Bongosmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #725 on: June 22, 2012, 01:00:52 PM »

i know nothing of this police chief or this town but i do know that the racial tension that has been created by this case has been directed at gz & not the chief of police in that town. To say that these parents were only upset about the way the police dept has handled this is ridiculous.syg laws exist in many states & i dont think the police chief in any city is responsible for it. I dont have an agenda. Im angry about the the fact that this has been turned into soley a racial issue as i dont see that one exists here. I absolutely believe that these parents have played the race card unfairly to further their own agenda. The man will have his day in court as unfair as it will probably turn out. Go back to work, grieve the loss of your child & stop trying to profit off of his death. Stop traveling the world trying to create racial strife amongst people who have NOTHING to do with the death of this poor boy. Rosa parks, really? Thats disgusting to me. They didnt even bother to wonder where their son was until the next morning in a town where he knew nobody.

Well, I do know of this police chief and this town - I live and own property there. There is no racial tension in Sanford; at least, not more than there ever was. Any racial tension that exists has been fabricated by the media. I didn't say that police chiefs are responsible for the SYG laws - I said they were against them. How do you feel the parents have played the race card unfairly? I have not seen it, and I was at the Sanford rallies. Could you provide some links, or quotes, of the parents playing the race card? His mother is rallying against racial profiling - which occurs all the time in Sanford - and against SYG laws. How is that "playing" the race card? In this interview http://www.npr.org/2012/04/26/151377059/sybrina-fulton-i-can-wait-a-year-for-justice she says, "I have said before that it's not about black and white. And as I look in the crowds when we're at the rallies and at the different church services and things like that, I notice that it's not just African-American people. It's not just black people that are there. There are Spanish people, there are white people, there are Mexican people, Cuban people — there are people from all across the globe. So, that indicates to me that it's not just about African-Americans." I have not seen anywhere where she is trying to create racial strife. But there is racism, certainly, in this case....but it is not from Sanford, or Sybrina Fulton, or even GZ himself (he seems to hate everyone equally), it is from everyone looking at this case through the lens of their own bigotry (or lack thereof). For instance, in these forums a white woman can hold repeated fundraisers for a missing or dead child, and most will remark on the poor, poor mother and what she has gone through. A black woman accepts vacation time and is said to be "profiting" off her son's death. Really? Do you feel the other mothers mentioned throughout these forums should "go back to work" shortly after the death of their child? Do you feel Beth Holloway "profited" off the death of her daughter? And if not, why not? I'm not saying she did - I'm just curious if you look at a white woman's situation differently than a black woman's. And yes, most people had "nothing to do with the death of this poor boy," but unless something is done about profiling - of all kinds - and the SYG laws, more innocent people will die. That is what his mother is rallying for, and it's about time someone did.

well 1st off, i never commented on the racial tensions in sanford, their police dep or anything else about sanford. I dont even know where exactly sanford is in fl much less about the population, crime rates or how the police dept handles anything. This unrest has developed all over the country & i am commenting on that. I also wonder what u base your comments on gz hates everyone on. What proof do u have that he "hates" anyone? I am far from a bigot & teach my chidren that everyone is equal no matter their race, religious affiliation, culture, beliefs etc. People should be judged on their own words & actions. Al sharptons words & actions speak loudly of bigotry. Why affiliate yourself with someone like that? He is using them to further his own agenda. Gz was arrested & charged so at that point, why did the world tour need to continue? A very frightened jury will decide his fate. If the evidence at trial proves his account of what happened, dont think for one second that there wont be some on that jury who are afraid to acquit. I do believe that gz should have been taken into custody right then & there & a proper investigation carried out. I just do not believe this man is the racist monster he has been portrayed as. Maybe the police chief is racist. I dont know that.profiling, btw does not only affect a black man. Maybe he is guilty of profiling in that tm fit the profile of previous suspects in the burglaries in that neighborhood. Could have been young hispanic males or young white males.
[/quote]

What proof do u have that he "hates" anyone Hate may have been too strong a word. I probably should have said "disrespected."
Women? Check. He bodily threw a woman.
Law enforcement? Check. He was charged with battery.
Fellow workers? Check. He complained about most of them to HR.
Bosses? Check. He complained about them, too.
Foreigners? Check. Me mocked a fellow worker's nationality.
Neighbors? Check. He complained about them, too, calling the police often for even minor infractions, such as leaving the garbage lids off cans.

Gz was arrested & charged so at that point, why did the world tour need to continue? Because the "world tour" was not about having GZ arrested - it is about racial profiling and the SYG laws, which still exist even after GZ's arrest.

profiling, btw does not only affect a black man No, but it primarily affects blacks. For instance, I never have to worry about being profiled. My black friends, however, do and have.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #726 on: June 22, 2012, 01:37:55 PM »

What proof do u have that he "hates" anyone Hate may have been too strong a word. I probably should have said "disrespected."
Women? Check. He bodily threw a woman.
Law enforcement? Check. He was charged with battery.
Fellow workers? Check. He complained about most of them to HR.
Bosses? Check. He complained about them, too.
Foreigners? Check. Me mocked a fellow worker's nationality.
Neighbors? Check. He complained about them, too, calling the police often for even minor infractions, such as leaving the garbage lids off cans.

Gz was arrested & charged so at that point, why did the world tour need to continue? Because the "world tour" was not about having GZ arrested - it is about racial profiling and the SYG laws, which still exist even after GZ's arrest.

profiling, btw does not only affect a black man No, but it primarily affects blacks. For instance, I never have to worry about being profiled. My black friends, however, do and have.
[/quote]

Again, i have my opinions & u have yours. My opinion is not the only one that sways this way btw so feel free to argue with someone else as well. People come out of the wordwork to bash someones character in a case like this so its not surprising to me that u have such fabulous examples of gz's character. But hey, this isnt about him being racist, its about syg laws right? I dont recall al & jesse arguing syg laws before this. I guess theyre just here for the profiling aspect of it. As far as it never being implied that this was racially motivated, the very 1st time i heard about this case the media played the 911 call over & over trying to find the n word. U obviously think gz killed tm because he was a black kid in his neighborhood while i do not. I also dont think this guy has a snowballs chance in hell of receiving a fair trial & if by some miracle he is acquitted, watch for the race riots & his murder to follow.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: June 22, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/america-live/index.html#/v/1700885260001/fla-police-chief-at-center-of-trayvon-martin-case-fired/?playlist_id=87651

Video at link, different perspective on Chief Lee's firing.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: June 22, 2012, 03:01:42 PM »

Reminder:  We still don't have a whole lot of information on this case.  What we do have has been piecemeal and some of what we've heard was edited (the video recording), which caused folks to be misinformed.  I think there is still a lot of information we don't have and until we do, a lot of it will be any one's guess.  This is a very emotional case, and it's very sad and sobering there is a young man dead.  I believe we still need a lot more information before we really know how things got to that point.  The case hasn't been to trial yet, and it's my hope the truth will be known.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #729 on: June 22, 2012, 03:18:45 PM »

Reminder:  We still don't have a whole lot of information on this case.  What we do have has been piecemeal and some of what we've heard was edited (the video recording), which caused folks to be misinformed.  I think there is still a lot of information we don't have and until we do, a lot of it will be any one's guess.  This is a very emotional case, and it's very sad and sobering there is a young man dead.  I believe we still need a lot more information before we really know how things got to that point.  The case hasn't been to trial yet, and it's my hope the truth will be known.

youre right muffy. I wish i could be as levelheaded as u are. Youre always the calm voice of reason Smile
Edit to fix quotes.  MB
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:51:16 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: June 22, 2012, 04:14:28 PM »

Reminder:  We still don't have a whole lot of information on this case.  What we do have has been piecemeal and some of what we've heard was edited (the video recording), which caused folks to be misinformed.  I think there is still a lot of information we don't have and until we do, a lot of it will be any one's guess.  This is a very emotional case, and it's very sad and sobering there is a young man dead.  I believe we still need a lot more information before we really know how things got to that point.  The case hasn't been to trial yet, and it's my hope the truth will be known.

youre right muffy. I wish i could be as levelheaded as u are. Youre always the calm voice of reason Smile
Edit to fix quotes.  MB

Thank you, but I'm not so sure about that.     What I find annoying are statements like this (just an example)  If GZ had stayed in his car, Trayvon would have still been alive.  Well, since when is it against the law to get out of your car?  And it wasn't the getting out of the car that killed anyone.  There were events before GZ got out of the car, and there were events after GZ got out of the car.  And we don't yet know what all those events were.  Maybe GZ was well within his rights as a citizen and/or resident to stop and see if there was a problem.  How can we the public know at this point?  I still haven't seen sufficient evidence (official statements) that George Zimmerman continued to follow TM, after the dispatcher told him he didn't need to that.  It's not like GZ was given an order by LE to stand down.  That's two different things imo.  But we most likely won't know what really happened until the trial.   In the same sense as the person that says if GZ had stayed in his car, TM would be alive.  Was there anything TM could have done that would have helped him stay alive?  Was there anything he did that put him in jeopardy? To suggest he not wear a hoodie has and outraged some. (I have no prob with hoodies worn up , except in banks and convenience stores etc., because of security issues-the same with baseball caps and sunglasses-they obsure features) In the same vein, I don't understand that some think GZ should have stayed in his car.  Why shouldn't he get out of his car?  Didn't he have that right?  The same right Trayvon would have to wear his hoodie.  No laws against either that I'm aware of.  Why is it different?    I can see some here have put themselves or a loved one into a scenario that might be similar circumstances and they try to judge from that.  It's only natural.  It's a scarey thing to think about a young man walking through a neighbor hood on the way from the store, and dying from a gunshot.  But we need more information.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bongosmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #731 on: June 22, 2012, 04:27:20 PM »

kcrn - you say, "U obviously think gz killed tm because he was a black kid in his neighborhood" Actually, I don't. I think GZ's aggression got the better of him, the situation spiraled out of control, and in panic he shot TM. I don't think he targeted GZ because of race, but I do think he might have targeted him thinking he was young. But until more evidence is released, all that is supposition. And yes, the media kept playing the 911 call trying to find the n word. The media. The media is mostly to blame for trying to stir up racial tensions; not TM's family, and not the residents of the city where the shooting happened.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: June 22, 2012, 04:31:07 PM »

Geesh,sorry that was long.  What I was trying to get at is that we have bits and pieces of information, but not the whole story.  If we take one piece from the story and put it under a microscope and comment on it, it just might really depend on circumstances and timing.  When something happened, where it happened.  Before or after what action?  The action in itself may not have been harmful, but how it was done, when and why.  I'm back to the series of events that occurred and in what order they occurred. We don't know yet.  I hope we will have the truth. 

Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #733 on: June 22, 2012, 04:50:18 PM »

So true!Chief Lee is the fall guy..I know and love this man's mother dearly.We have lunch together whenever we are able and this whole mess has caused so much angst.So sad.Sad

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: June 22, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »

A lot of posters here and elsewhere supported the firing of the NBC reporter who skewed the conversation George Zimmerman had with the 9-11 operator. 

I didn't see anyone wanting to have the ABC reporter fired whose story stated Trayvon's body was in the morgue for three days before his parents started looking for him.

Honestly, I had never heard that report.  Only here and I dismissed it to rumor.  Oops...must have missed it or I may have called for it too...

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #735 on: June 22, 2012, 05:37:20 PM »

kcrn - you say, "U obviously think gz killed tm because he was a black kid in his neighborhood" Actually, I don't. I think GZ's aggression got the better of him, the situation spiraled out of control, and in panic he shot TM. I don't think he targeted GZ because of race, but I do think he might have targeted him thinking he was young. But until more evidence is released, all that is supposition. And yes, the media kept playing the 911 call trying to find the n word. The media. The media is mostly to blame for trying to stir up racial tensions; not TM's family, and not the residents of the city where the shooting happened.
just to clarify, i have never even mentioned the residents of sanford. I honestly cant say i have heard anything about them specifically. I dont think the family aligned themselves with sharpton & crew because they felt trayvon was profiled for looking young. This to me should not in any way be about a civil rights agenda. Maybe gun laws & syg laws need to be looked at but race baiters have no dog in that race. I think its always been interesting that the mother initially said it was a terrible accident & then when all of these so called civil rights people got involved it turned into gz hunted him down & killed him in cold blood. I feel for the mother. She probably hasnt even had time to grieve her baby properly. I just think theres more to their actions than you do & i dont see how it needed to turn into a country wide issue of race. It has. No matter how anyone sees it, it has. Its unfortunate..
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #736 on: June 22, 2012, 05:50:02 PM »

Trayvon Martin case opens NABJ convention in New Orleans
June 22 '12

NEW ORLEANS --
The Trayvon Martin case was the first topic of discussion at the opening ceremony of the 2012 National Association of Black Journalists Convention, which was held Thursday in New Orleans.

The panel discussion was titled, “Newsmaker Plenary: Trayvon Martin: A Crime Story In The Digital Age.”

More than 500 journalists from across the world attended the panel discussion, featuring Trayvon Martin's mother Sybrina Fulton, father Tracy Martin, Rev. Al Sharpton, and the Martin's family attorney Ben Crump.

The Twitter hashtag was #trayvonnabj and the discussion was moderated by CNN Legal Analyst Sunni Hostin.

First up was Rev. Sharpton, whose part of the panel was a one-on-one interview with Sunni Hostin.

On the backlash of being an advocate and a MSNBC host at the same time, Rev. Sharpton said that people know his talk show is about opinions, basically saying you know what you are going to get when you watch his show.

Sharpton said Rev. Jesse Jackson and Glenn Beck have both lead marches and championed causes while hosting national cable shows. So he said when were the rules rewritten for him, defending the idea that he can be an activist and a host/journalist at the same time, without conflict.

Before Rev. Sharpton left the stage, he left the crowd of journalists with “families never plan to be victims.”  ::snipping2::

http://cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/6/21/trayvon_martin_case_.html?cid=rss
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #737 on: June 22, 2012, 06:18:44 PM »

Reading here, it is very plain to see how emotional and polarizing this case really is. I guess Tracy and Sabrina must be happy to see this, for this is what makes cases stay in the forefront of the news. I hope they are careful though, b/c legacy they want for TM may come back to bite them on the butt.  I can understand their grief and outrage when told the circumstances of TM's death. I can understand their frustration when the investigation seemed to be not going anywhere or in the direction they wanted it too.  What I don't understand is the deliberate misrepresentation of TM as the innocent young teenager (much younger photos of Trayvon when we find out that Tracy had one taken 2 weeks before TM died, the cover-up of TM's juvenile problems, ie suspensions from school, removal of Twitter and FB accts,etc).  I don't agree with the hiring of a media consultant, bringing in Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the New Black Panthers, etc. The parents knew what would happen with them on board, yet did nothing to distance themselves from them.  They also knew how the false representation of TM would play out, yet did nothing to stop it.  They deliberately swayed public opinion with false representations.  Maybe the MSM did it, but the parents silently condoned it.

OK, so the parents wanted the truth.  But it seems to me when the truth they got isn't what they wanted, they set about creating their own version of the truth. And that brings me back to TM's legacy. Tracy & Sabrina will have to live with the truth of what they have done to Trayvon's memory. Personally, I'd rather have no legacy than one based on misrepresentations.

And what about GZ's civil rights.  Trayvon's parents are so set on TM's  civil rights and creating a legacy for their child, they seem to have forgotten that everyone is entitled to civil rights.  The calls for GZ's death, and race riots if GZ is acquitted negates any civil rights being afforded to GZ.

Yes, I am emotionally invested in this case.  I am truly saddened over the premature and tragic circumstances of TM's death. And yet I am appalled at the way the media has presented TM and GZ, and this tragic unfolding story. I am angered at GZ's civil rights being compromised.  I just hope that the truth and justice will prevail.  I just hope that it can.

Challapalca him!
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #738 on: June 22, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »

Trayvon Martin case opens NABJ convention in New Orleans
June 22 '12

NEW ORLEANS --
The Trayvon Martin case was the first topic of discussion at the opening ceremony of the 2012 National Association of Black Journalists Convention, which was held Thursday in New Orleans.

The panel discussion was titled, “Newsmaker Plenary: Trayvon Martin: A Crime Story In The Digital Age.”

More than 500 journalists from across the world attended the panel discussion, featuring Trayvon Martin's mother Sybrina Fulton, father Tracy Martin, Rev. Al Sharpton, and the Martin's family attorney Ben Crump.

The Twitter hashtag was #trayvonnabj and the discussion was moderated by CNN Legal Analyst Sunni Hostin.

First up was Rev. Sharpton, whose part of the panel was a one-on-one interview with Sunni Hostin.

On the backlash of being an advocate and a MSNBC host at the same time, Rev. Sharpton said that people know his talk show is about opinions, basically saying you know what you are going to get when you watch his show.

Sharpton said Rev. Jesse Jackson and Glenn Beck have both lead marches and championed causes while hosting national cable shows. So he said when were the rules rewritten for him, defending the idea that he can be an activist and a host/journalist at the same time, without conflict.

Before Rev. Sharpton left the stage, he left the crowd of journalists with “families never plan to be victims.”  ::snipping2::

http://cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/6/21/trayvon_martin_case_.html?cid=rss

wow good choice of journalists there. Sunny hostin? I cant stand her. She changes her opinions when the outcome is something different than what she believed before. I saw her do it over & over in the casy anthony trial. She saw her guilt before the ng came back & then suddenly she could see why they came back with a ng. She always has to be right. I flip the channel if shes talking.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #739 on: June 22, 2012, 06:39:43 PM »

Reading here, it is very plain to see how emotional and polarizing this case really is. I guess Tracy and Sabrina must be happy to see this, for this is what makes cases stay in the forefront of the news. I hope they are careful though, b/c legacy they want for TM may come back to bite them on the butt.  I can understand their grief and outrage when told the circumstances of TM's death. I can understand their frustration when the investigation seemed to be not going anywhere or in the direction they wanted it too.  What I don't understand is the deliberate misrepresentation of TM as the innocent young teenager (much younger photos of Trayvon when we find out that Tracy had one taken 2 weeks before TM died, the cover-up of TM's juvenile problems, ie suspensions from school, removal of Twitter and FB accts,etc).  I don't agree with the hiring of a media consultant, bringing in Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the New Black Panthers, etc. The parents knew what would happen with them on board, yet did nothing to distance themselves from them.  They also knew how the false representation of TM would play out, yet did nothing to stop it.  They deliberately swayed public opinion with false representations.  Maybe the MSM did it, but the parents silently condoned it.

OK, so the parents wanted the truth.  But it seems to me when the truth they got isn't what they wanted, they set about creating their own version of the truth. And that brings me back to TM's legacy. Tracy & Sabrina will have to live with the truth of what they have done to Trayvon's memory. Personally, I'd rather have no legacy than one based on misrepresentations.

And what about GZ's civil rights.  Trayvon's parents are so set on TM's  civil rights and creating a legacy for their child, they seem to have forgotten that everyone is entitled to civil rights.  The calls for GZ's death, and race riots if GZ is acquitted negates any civil rights being afforded to GZ.

Yes, I am emotionally invested in this case.  I am truly saddened over the premature and tragic circumstances of TM's death. And yet I am appalled at the way the media has presented TM and GZ, and this tragic unfolding story. I am angered at GZ's civil rights being compromised.  I just hope that the truth and justice will prevail.  I just hope that it can.

This post gave me "goose bumps."  I feel so much the same way...and you were able to put it into words.  So many times I have stopped reading this thread because of the bickering...because of how angry I feel inside sometimes.  But, I keep coming back because I believe that George is being used for so much more than he should be.  While, I am saddened that Trayvon is gone and he is voiceless...I am also sad that George is too.  I don't care what anyone says in reply to this feeling either...it is mine...and it is my right.  I feel what I feel for a reason...I am a rational and caring person...so, I don't feel that I am being crazy in this.  I can't even post on my Facebook about this topic because my black friends attack the post immediately...and no, I do not post anything racist.  I recall putting a news article up once about George found to be on the ground and WOW...I was attacked for posting it. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.