March 29, 2024, 01:05:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #2 5/10/12 - 7/12/12  (Read 363430 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #760 on: June 24, 2012, 12:19:20 PM »

Three-page article

http://bostonherald.com/news/national/south/view.bg?&articleid=1061141042&format=&page=2&listingType=natsouth

Statements reveal George Zimmerman’s mind-set before Trayvon Martin shooting
Sunday, June 24, 2012

One of the most debated questions about that night is: Why did Zimmerman get out of his pickup?

Zimmerman blames a question from the dispatcher and a bad memory. The dispatcher asked where Trayvon was and what direction he was headed, "and I could not remember the name of that street," Zimmerman said, "... then I thought to get out to look at a street sign, so I got out and started walking."

For months, that nonemergency call to police, released March 16, has been the public’s best glimpse into Zimmerman’s state of mind.

Among the recordings released Thursday was an interview conducted three days after the shooting in which detectives asked Zimmerman what he was thinking and doing moment by moment during the call.
 ::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: June 24, 2012, 12:34:49 PM »

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/internet/slow-steady-e-activism-gathers-steam/articleshow/14369914.cms

24 Jun, 2012, 11.39AM IST
Slow & steady: E-activism gathers steam

In April, an online petition on Change.org, a website promoting social change with internet petitions, received 2.2 million "signatures". The 'Prosecute the killer of our son, 17-year-old Trayvon Martin' -petition led to the arrest of George Zimmerman, a neighbourhood watch coordinator in Florida where the shooting took place.

Such internet activism has led to the emergence of free websites dedicated solely to hosting and advocating these petitions. There are dozens of them - Change-. org, Avaaz.org, to name a few. Avijit Michael, country director, India, of Change-. org, says, "Websites like ours provide a number of tools to anyone who wants to see positive change. It starts with the petition tool to help one decide on the message and the target. It also allows a person to share the petition on social networks and, thus, mobilize more people. Finally, he can print the signatures and submit them to the target or mail them directly." When used well, along with media pressure on the target, an online petition, Michael says, serves to showcase how many people support the issue.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #762 on: June 25, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/25/zimmerman-defense-reportedly-files-motion-for-new-bond-in-trayvon-martin/

Zimmerman's defense reportedly files motion for new bond in Trayvon Martin shooting
Published June 25, 2012

A defense attorney for George Zimmerman has reportedly filed a motion explaining why the second-degree murder suspect should be granted bond despite allegations that he sat silently as his wife lied under oath regarding the couple’s finances.

The Orlando Sentinel reports that Zimmerman, according to attorney Mark O’Mara, has “no criminal convictions, no history of failing to appear at court proceedings and has significant ties to the community as evidence at his initial bond hearing."

O'Mara also notes that Zimmerman, who claims he shot unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in self-defense on Feb. 26, has maintained contact with law enforcement when not in jail and has now twice turned himself in to authorities.

A new bond hearing is set for Friday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/25/zimmerman-defense-reportedly-files-motion-for-new-bond-in-trayvon-martin/#ixzz1yop4Uh00
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #763 on: June 25, 2012, 12:11:49 PM »

http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

06-25-12     Media Motions to Intervene
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/Media%20Motions%20to%20Intervene.pdf

06-25-12     Motion to Set Reasonable Bond
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/Motion%20to%20Set%20Reasonable%20Bond.pdf
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #764 on: June 25, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »

Lawyer: Zimmerman is no threat, should be released
June 25 '12

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The jailed neighborhood watch volunteer charged with killing Trayvon Martin poses no threat to the community and should be released a second time on bail, his attorney said in a court motion released Monday

George Zimmerman's attorney asked that Zimmerman be granted bond for a second time as he awaits a second-degree murder charge in the 17-year-old Martin's shooting death during a confrontation in a gated community in Sanford, Fla., last February. A judge will consider the request at a second bond hearing Friday.

Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defense.

The neighborhood watch volunteer was granted a $150,000 bond last April but it was revoked earlier this month after prosecutors accused Zimmerman and his wife of misleading the court about how much money they had raised from donations to a website. Prosecutors say they had raised at least $135,000 from the website created by Zimmerman.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47948108
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #765 on: June 25, 2012, 10:04:40 PM »

Readers write on George Zimmerman and racism
June 25 '12

I knew that if I challenged the assumptions about the Trayvon Martin case and the role of racism it would get you talking.

Dear Beth, I find it very naive from your part to believe that the race had nothing to do with this case ...The subject is taboo and any adult American knows better not to mention race unless you want to be profiled as a racist. Zimmerman is not an exception to that rule ... I believe you are in denial like so many other American white people trying to deny that racism still exists but your words show it clearly. I'm mostly upset that the Orlando Sentinel even published your column. — Paivi
Paivi, I wanted to point out that while race and, specifically, Zimmerman's supposedly racist actions, are central themes of the media coverage and public debate about this case, race was mentioned surprisingly little in the hours and days after the case. And that was before Zimmerman and the cops knew all of us would be watching. I have no delusions about racism being a thing of the past. Just look at the next letter.

Dear Beth, Why don't you print his [Trayvon's] criminal record? Why don't you put the pix of him with the gold grill, hoodie? Why do you in the left wing media continue portraying him as this very young innocent black child? — Marsh

Sadly, Marsh, it's notes like yours that constantly remind me of the problem. Not only are some people racist, but they completely disregard the facts so a story better fits their preconceived notions. For the record (again): Trayvon did not have a criminal record. There is nothing to suggest that at the time he was spotted by Zimmerman, Trayvon was anything but an innocent 17-year-old walking home in the rain. And the photo of Trayvon that ran with my Sunday column was taken about a week before his death. The others you mention have run in print, online or both.

Dear Beth, It should not have become a racial issue, but it was the only way to draw attention to the case. Would you be writing about this case had it not exploded into a racial issue? — Perry

Perry, When an unarmed teenager who wasn't committing a crime is shot and killed and the admitted gunman isn't arrested, that's a story. The "stand your ground" law would still be under scrutiny whether race is involved or not. There is no question, though, that race is what brought this story national and international attention.  ::snipping2:: 

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-06-25/news/os-beth-kassab-letters-062612-20120625_1_racism-racial-issue-case
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #766 on: June 26, 2012, 02:34:39 AM »

"Perry, When an unarmed teenager who wasn't committing a crime is shot and killed and the admitted gunman isn't arrested, that's a story. The "stand your ground" law would still be under scrutiny whether race is involved or not."

Actually, dear HLN Ministry of Truth head - he was committing a crime. A&B on George's face.

Whether Tray Tray was armed or not does not matter. They spike it because it draws out bowel shaking emotions in the pro-Tray crowd...

...and for no other reason than that.

They want you to see in your mind an innocent little bunny hopping home from the candy store, happily en-route to daddy's home. When out from the shadows, lurks the big bad Zimmy, bug eyed, unshaven with saliva dripping off his canine teeth, just begging for a clean shot at Trayvon.

George's face and head tell the story. Trayvon's knuckles tell a story. So does a witness. Trayvon sized him up - thought he could teach him a lesson, only to learn one himself. Swing on someone you don't know like you "swung on da bus driva"  --- sometimes you pay with your life. That is just the way it goes. From the dawn of time --- as it will continue on to the end. Long after this case is buried in the archives and nobody cares anymore. Of course he wasn't initially arrested. It was justifiable homicide. It happens every week, and it is only a story when they (M.O.T.) wants it to be brought to the forefront. They push it because it fits their bill. Not even for ratings, as you can
clearly see by JVM's paltry numbers.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #767 on: June 26, 2012, 03:39:42 AM »

Some posters on other blogs comment that George's wounds were "minor".  Maybe they were minor when compared to a stabbing or a bad car crash...but...I've hit my head on a cabinet door before and it hurt a LOT, but still didn't break the skin. 

If I think about being on the ground with someone sitting on top of me, my nose broken and my head getting bashed against the concrete - I "would be" afraid. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #768 on: June 26, 2012, 10:08:02 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
Prosecutors just sent out notice more #GeorgeZimmerman discovery incl audio and video out at 1pm today   8m

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #769 on: June 26, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »

George Zimmerman 'accepts full responsibility' for misleading judge in Trayvon Martin case
Posted: 06/25/2012

SANFORD, Fla. -- George Zimmerman "accepts full responsibility" for misleading the judge about his finances, his lawyer said in a motion requesting a "reasonable bond" be set for his release from jail.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/george-zimmerman-accepts-full-responsibility-for-misleading-judge-in-trayvon-martin-case#ixzz1yuXkbEsA

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #770 on: June 26, 2012, 12:22:44 PM »

Some posters on other blogs comment that George's wounds were "minor".  Maybe they were minor when compared to a stabbing or a bad car crash...but...I've hit my head on a cabinet door before and it hurt a LOT, but still didn't break the skin. 

If I think about being on the ground with someone sitting on top of me, my nose broken and my head getting bashed against the concrete - I "would be" afraid. 

Not only that, according to GZ, he was being suffocated.  That would sure make me scared and desperate.

Challapalca him!
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #771 on: June 26, 2012, 04:12:37 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/MJVAfamily

Mark E. NeJame
2 hours ago
New bond hearing on George Zimmerman coming up on Friday. Do you think he'll get a new bond and why? He facilitated wife's apparent lie to court by not properly advising his attorney of situation when it came out. His credibility is rightfully damaged as a result and the judge is appropriately skeptical of anything he states. Additionally, he turned himself in two separate times to law enforcement which helps his argument that he's no flight risk. Case will now less rely on his word than on witnesses and forensics, especially at a Stand Your Ground hearing as his credibility is very damaged. Less of an issue at trial as wife's misrepresentation won't be admissible for that. I think a new bond will be set but it will be high. If all money he has had donated is used for bond, then State will have to pay for his legal expenses as he'll have no money left for costs. Another crazy situation.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #772 on: June 26, 2012, 05:07:07 PM »

Detective faulted George Zimmerman for not avoiding confrontation with Trayvon Martin
By Jason Sickles | The Lookout – 25 mins ago June 26 2012
[Updated at 4:45 p.m. ET]

Neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman missed two opportunities to try and peacefully approach Trayvon Martin before he fatally shot the unarmed teenager, according to an investigator's report released Tuesday.

"The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/detective-faulted-george-zimmerman-not-avoiding-confrontation-trayvon-192523670.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #773 on: June 26, 2012, 05:28:06 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57460736-504083/christopher-serino-cop-who-said-george-zimmerman-should-be-charged-is-transferred-from-investigative-unit/

Christopher Serino, cop who said George Zimmerman should be charged, is transferred from investigative unit
June 26, 2012 4:31 PM

CBS) SANFORD, Fla. - The Sanford Police Department investigator who informed his superiors that he believed there was enough evidence to charge George Zimmerman with manslaughter for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin is being transferred from the investigative unit to the patrol division. 

According to the Sanford Police Department, Christopher Serino made the decision to transfer "of his own volition."

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #774 on: June 26, 2012, 05:32:14 PM »

Detective faulted George Zimmerman for not avoiding confrontation with Trayvon Martin
By Jason Sickles | The Lookout – 25 mins ago June 26 2012
[Updated at 4:45 p.m. ET]

Neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman missed two opportunities to try and peacefully approach Trayvon Martin before he fatally shot the unarmed teenTyager, according to an investigator's report released Tuesday.

"The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/detective-faulted-george-zimmerman-not-avoiding-confrontation-trayvon-192523670.html

Hes right about that but then again its also possible that if trayvon had continued on his way out of the neighborhood it wouldnt have happened. Both parties here appear to have made bad decisions.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: June 26, 2012, 09:40:14 PM »

Things That Make You Go Hmm … George Zimmerman Passed Police Lie Detector Test Day After Death of Trayvon Martin

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/06/26/things-that-make-you-go-hmm-george-zimmerman-passed-police-lie-detector-test-day-after-death-of-trayvon-martin/

Add yet anther tid-bit of factual information that make it even more incredible that George Zimmerman was charged with second degree murder. Yet another piece of evidence that makes you go hmm ...

As reported at The Smoking Gun, a day after the death of 14 year old Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who has been charged with second degree murder,  passed a police lie detector test when asked if he confronted the teenager and whether he feared for his life “when you shot the guy as per documents released by Florida prosecutors. well how about that, Zimmerman passed a voice stress test when asked, “Did you confront the guy you shot?’ He answered, “No.” He was also asked, “Were you in fear for your life, when you shot the guy.” Zimmerman replied, “Yes.”
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #776 on: June 26, 2012, 09:58:27 PM »

No cop goes from investigations to patrol unless they've done something wrong.  There is more to this story than is being told.  Especially after the unexpected firing of the chief.  imo

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #777 on: June 26, 2012, 11:48:15 PM »

Two-page article
On page two: "In this video released June 26, George Zimmerman is questioned by Sanford police using a voice-stress lie-detector test on Feb. 27, 2012."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/26/2869077/sanford-detective-trayvon-martin.html

Posted on Tuesday, 06.26.12
Document reveals detective’s doubts about Zimmerman’s story

George Zimmerman had a broken nose, a bruised head and passed two voice-stress lie-detector tests in the wake of his deadly fight with Miami Gardens high school junior Trayvon Martin.

But police records released Tuesday show in greater detail how the Sanford detective investigating the case was unconvinced that Zimmerman was legally justified when he shot Trayvon. Det. Chris Serino believed Zimmerman jumped to a “faulty conclusion” about Trayvon, an unarmed teen who he said never used deadly force when he battered Zimmerman and caused him to frantically scream for help 14 times.

Days after several recorded interviews between Serino and Zimmerman were made public, the detective got a new job: On July 7, he starts in his new assignment as a uniformed patrolman on the graveyard shift, at the same pay.

“It’s not a demotion,” Sanford Police spokesman Sgt. David Morgenstern said of Serino, 45, who has been with the department for 15 years. “There isn’t any more prestige in being a detective. We have officers who love uniform patrol. This was of his own free will.”

The new assignment was announced less than a week after the former Sanford Police chief, Bill Lee, was fired over the public outcry that resulted from the department’s handling of the case. And it was revealed hours after State Attorney Angela Corey released another batch of evidence in Zimmerman’s second-degree murder trial, raising speculation that Serino’s move to patrol was directly related to the controversial case.

Serino “got demoted because he told the truth,” said Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Trayvon’s family.
An unedited version of Serino’s sworn statement shows he believed the injuries were “marginally consistent with a life-threatening violent episode described by him, during which neither a deadly weapon nor deadly force was deployed by Trayvon Martin.”

Serino recommended a manslaughter charge, and explained in his report that Zimmerman was initially released because his account “appeared generally consistent with the facts and circumstances known at the time.”

His sworn statement recommending a manslaughter charge was signed March 13, before the anti-Zimmerman protests had swept the nation — and after his chief publicly said there was no probable cause to make an arrest.

Serino said the relative size of the two fighters, coupled with the fact that neither had specialized training in hand-to-hand combat, meant Zimmerman was not at any “exceptional disadvantage” when the two scuffled on the ground.

But he acknowledged that no one could refute Zimmerman’s story that Trayvon attacked him without provocation.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/26/2869077/sanford-detective-trayvon-martin.html#storylink=cpy
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #778 on: June 27, 2012, 12:31:01 AM »

Things That Make You Go Hmm … George Zimmerman Passed Police Lie Detector Test Day After Death of Trayvon Martin

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/06/26/things-that-make-you-go-hmm-george-zimmerman-passed-police-lie-detector-test-day-after-death-of-trayvon-martin/

Add yet anther tid-bit of factual information that make it even more incredible that George Zimmerman was charged with second degree murder. Yet another piece of evidence that makes you go hmm ...

As reported at The Smoking Gun, a day after the death of 14 year old Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who has been charged with second degree murder,  passed a police lie detector test when asked if he confronted the teenager and whether he feared for his life “when you shot the guy as per documents released by Florida prosecutors. well how about that, Zimmerman passed a voice stress test when asked, “Did you confront the guy you shot?’ He answered, “No.” He was also asked, “Were you in fear for your life, when you shot the guy.” Zimmerman replied, “Yes.”

Well, yes! It is a hmmm moment Red because this was news weeks ago, but the MSM didn't want to know about it.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #779 on: June 27, 2012, 01:39:28 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Lead-investigator-in-Trayvon-Martin-case-transferred/-/1637132/15282694/-/e0gpwj/-/index.html

Lead investigator in Trayvon Martin case transferred
Sanford PD says Chris Serino transferred to night patrol
Published On: Jun 26 2012 03:30:43 PM EDT Updated On: Jun 26 2012 05:58:10 PM EDT

SANFORD, Fla. -
Local 6 has learned that the lead investigator into the death of Trayvon Martin, the 17-year-old who shot and killed by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman, has been transferred out of the investigative unit.

Sgt. Dave Morganstern with the Sanford Police Department said Chris Serino were transferred out of the investigative unit to night patrol on Tuesday.

According to a release, "Serinio has voluntarily requested a reassignment to patrol division. Officer Serino has made this decision of his own volition and will begin his new assignment on July 7, 2012."

Word of Serino's transfer comes the same day the State Attorney's office released evidence in the Zimmerman case, including Serino's request for Zimmerman's arrest on manslaughter charges, dated March 13.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.