April 19, 2024, 05:29:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 18 mo Child Burned When Mom's BF Ironed His Work Shirt on Her Back  (Read 1806 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: April 13, 2012, 05:09:11 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/13/illinois-man-gets-prison-for-ironing-shirt-on-child-back/?intcmp=trending
Illinois man gets prison for ironing shirt on child's back
April 13, 2012

ROCKFORD, Ill. –  A northern Illinois man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison after burning a toddler by using her back to iron one of his work shirts.

The Rockford Register Star reports that 43-year-old Elliott Moore pleaded guilty on Wednesday to aggravated battery to a child before being sentenced.

Rockford police were sent to Rockford Memorial Hospital on Feb. 5, 2010 to take a report on the 18-month-old child, who had a large, open burn mark in the middle of her back.
 ::snipping2::
Moore admitted to detectives that he ironed one of his work shirts on the child's back because he was having difficulty ironing with the child sitting on his lap.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »

http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/12-Year_Sentence_for_Dom_Battery_147237615.html
12-Year Sentence for Man Chagred with Ironing a Child's Back
Posted April 12, 2012, Updated April 13, 2012

Story at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 08:05:30 PM »

This happened where we live! Rockford /belvidere/ area...!
I never heard anything about this until I read it to my hubs from today's paper..

At least he got a large number of years..not nearly long enough but jail time...I question the mom's judgement to have this man as care giver to her children...also not seeing the burns until the middle of the night...she did not bathe or change her 18 month old baby from her clothes that she had on all day? Wonder how long she knew this guy before she assigned him as babysitter to her kids...grrrrr!

Can't imagine how painful that had to have been for that baby...

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.