April 19, 2024, 12:40:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heather Hodges 22, Rocky Mount, VA Last Seen 4/09/12  (Read 36666 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2012, 11:14:26 PM »

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2012/jun/18/9/franklin-county-investigators-give-heather-hodges-ar-1995741/
Heather Hodges missing case changed to criminal investigation
June 18, 2012

For 66 days, Heather Hodges disappearance was considered a "missing persons case." Flyers were hung all over town. Her picture was posted online. There were numerous searches and news conferences, but as investigators stepped back in front of the media, they are now dealing with a criminal investigation.

"We've been working this as a major crime since day one, to make sure we didn't miss anything," said Lt. Todd Maxey, the lead investigator for this case.

Lt. Todd Maxey said they now have forensic evidence and a person of interest. While investigators would not release any specific details, they say the evidence shows the young mother's dissappearance was related to a violent act.

As for the person of interest, Sheriff Bill Overton said that person was cooperative in the beginning, but as investigators dug deeper in the case, that changed.

"Initially we found individuals that were cooperative, then recently we've had interviews where people have not been cooperative and that does bring concern to us," said Sheriff Overton.

Sheriff Overton and Lt. Maxey said they are more optimistic than before, but they still do not know if Hodges is alive or dead.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2012, 11:17:58 PM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/310367
Sheriff Bill Overton said recent evidence suggests the woman's disappearance is linked to a violent event.
June 19, 2012

Stephanie Klein-Davis | The Roanoke Times
Franklin County Sheriff Bill Overton said Monday that the status of the Heather Hodges case has been changed from a missing person case to a criminal investigation. Officials say they have a person of interest in the case.

ROCKY MOUNT -- The disappearance of 22-year-old Heather Hodges, reported more than two months ago as a missing person case, is now considered a criminal investigation, Franklin County Sheriff Bill Overton said Monday.

Lt. Todd Maxey said that the change was necessary after police discovered forensic evidence that suggests Hodges' disappearance was related to a "violent event."

"The outlook is starting to look grim," Maxey said.

Heather Hodges' sister Crystal Hodges said Monday it is hard to stay optimistic in light of the new evidence.

"You can't really prepare yourself for something like this," she said. "All I can do is hope and pray for the best."

Maxey would not comment on when or where the violent event took place, or elaborate on the new evidence. Overton stressed that with the new classification comes more pressure to keep information secure.

Police say that they are looking into a person of interest, as well as continuing to investigate any tips. The sheriff's office would not give any detail to suggest who the person of interest may be.
 ::snipping2::
"We do not know if Heather Hodges is alive or deceased at this time," Overton said, dispelling rumors circulated on Facebook that police had found a body while executing a search warrant. Overton acknowledged that police did execute a search warrant, but said the warrant was sealed and would not disclose whose property was searched.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2012, 08:27:42 PM »

I must thank the LE team still committed to looking for Heather!  I guess I had given up and thought that LE might have been super lax in looking for her but they have been following through and on the ball!  I hope creepo is in jail soon!  He still has their little girl too, right?  They might better get her out before......
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2012, 01:06:02 PM »

Rocky Mount family remembers missing mother on her birthday
Published: August 15, 2012 Updated: August 15, 2012 - 12:09 PM

ROCKY MOUNT, VA --
Today is Heather Hodges birthday, but instead of spending it with family, the young mother is still no where to be found.

"She was blessed to be with us for 22 years, but that's not long enough for me. I want my sister back. I need some closure," said Crystal Hodges, Heather Hodge's sister.

Hodges says her family is so desperate for closure, and they are still doing all they can to keep the case in the spotlight

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2012/aug/15/rocky-mount-family-remembers-missing-mother-her-b-ar-2133190/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2012, 06:12:56 PM »

4 sets of human remains have been found in Virginia in the past month...I'll keep you posted as I find more info.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2012, 06:46:35 PM »

4 sets of human remains have been found in Virginia in the past month...I'll keep you posted as I find more info.

Thank you Nut! 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2012, 02:32:05 PM »

Six Months Later, Heather Hodges Still Missing
Posted: Oct 09, 2012 12:03 PM MDT

http://www.wset.com/story/19775453/six-months-later-heather-hodges-still-missing
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2012, 04:55:59 AM »

Thank you Nut!  

It appears now there are 6 ...
"Police say it doesn’t appear the six cases of human remains found from Alexandria to Stafford are in any way related."
http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2012/sep/30/body-found-near-bull-run-plaza-ar-2247074/

2 ID'd so far...not Heather
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:10:37 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2012, 07:58:20 AM »

Thank you Nut!  

It appears now there are 6 ...
"Police say it doesn’t appear the six cases of human remains found from Alexandria to Stafford are in any way related."
http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2012/sep/30/body-found-near-bull-run-plaza-ar-2247074/

2 ID'd so far...not Heather
Some peace for two families . . .

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2012, 11:22:43 AM »

Family of Missing Mother Pleads for New Leads
Posted: Oct 16, 2012 2:31 PM MDT

Rocky Mount, VA - Just over six months ago a 22-year-old Rocky Mount woman went missing leaving her 2-year old daughter behind.

Heather Hodges was reported missing by her live-in boyfriend April 9, and investigators believe it's suspicious.

Heather's family is begging for tips right now. Heather's sister Crystal Hodges says she is frustrated at the seemingly lack of progress in this case.

According to Heather's boyfriend, she was last seen at her house at 10:30 p.m. when her boyfriend left to get ice cream at a Dairy Queen in Wirtz. He was gone for about 10 minutes, and he says when he got back, she wasn't there.

Family says Heather had just gotten back to her boyfriend's home that morning after a domestic issue kept Heather away for several days prior.

http://www.wset.com/story/19835782/family-of-missing-mother-pleads-for-new-tips
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2012, 11:23:55 AM »

Heather Hodges family selling t-shirts to raise awareness
October 16, 2012)

Friends and family of missing Franklin County mother, Heather Hodges are selling t-shirts to raise awareness about the case.

Hodges has been missing for six months now. Her sister, Crystal Hodges, says the t-shirts are another way to keep her memory alive.

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2012/oct/16/heather-hodges-family-selling-t-shirts-raise-aware-ar-2287933/
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2012, 06:13:59 PM »

i think bf will slip up eventually or LE will get their "POI" (bf, I assume) sooner than later I hope.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.