April 26, 2024, 06:20:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sierra Lamar #2 4/21/12 -  (Read 394968 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: May 22, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »

Suspect in Sierra LaMar case was watched constantly for weeks before his arrest

::snipping2::

Detectives secretly placed a GPS device on Antolin Garcia-Torres's red Jetta. They searched the Morgan Hill trailer he shared with his mother, pregnant wife and toddler daughter. They questioned him several times and collected as evidence his blankets, pillows, boots and clothes. Around the clock for nearly two months, sheriff's detectives kept him under surveillance -- hoping he would lead them to missing 15-year-old Sierra LaMar.

Tuesday, Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith explained why detectives finally arrested the 21-year-old high school dropout Monday night and why they believe that even without blood or body, Sierra LaMar is dead.

His DNA was on her clothing folded in her Juicy-brand bag that was found tossed into a field two days after she vanished, Smith said. And clinching the case just days ago, the crime lab matched Sierra's DNA with items found in Garcia-Torres's red Jetta, confiscated by police in early April. In cases like this -- stranger abductions that Smith called the worst type of crime -- most victims are killed within three-and-a-half hours.

It's a conclusion that Sierra's mother, Marlene LaMar, doesn't want to believe. At a press conference Tuesday, every time the sheriff repeated that Sierra was surely dead, LaMar -- standing pale and trembling behind her -- shook her head.

Detectives secretly placed a GPS device on Antolin Garcia-Torres's red Jetta. They searched the Morgan Hill trailer he shared with his mother, pregnant wife and toddler daughter. They questioned him several times and collected as evidence his blankets, pillows, boots and clothes. Around the clock for nearly two months, sheriff's detectives kept him under surveillance -- hoping he would lead them to missing 15-year-old Sierra LaMar.

Tuesday, Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith explained why detectives finally arrested the 21-year-old high school dropout Monday night and why they believe that even without blood or body, Sierra LaMar is dead.

His DNA was on her clothing folded in her Juicy-brand bag that was found tossed into a field two days after she vanished, Smith said. And clinching the case just days ago, the crime lab matched Sierra's DNA with items found in Garcia-Torres's red Jetta, confiscated by police in early April. In cases like this -- stranger abductions that Smith called the worst type of crime -- most victims are killed within three-and-a-half hours.

It's a conclusion that Sierra's mother, Marlene LaMar, doesn't want to believe. At a press conference Tuesday, every time the sheriff repeated that Sierra was surely dead, LaMar -- standing pale and trembling behind her -- shook her head.

In May 2009, police reports show that Garcia-Torres was arrested for obstructing justice when Morgan Hill police arrived at his former home looking for a probationer believed to be living there. Garcia-Torres repeatedly cursed at officers and told them to leave. Later, while being held in a town jail cell awaiting booking, he reportedly overflowed the cell's toilet and engraved graffiti into a bench. Police added a charge of vandalism and he was sentenced to 10 days in jail and one year probation.

In June 2010, he was arrested on suspicion of felony battery by sheriff's deputies after allegedly punching a tenant who owed his mother rent, according to the report. Charges were never filed in that case.

http://**/breaking-news/ci_20684129/suspect-sierra-lamar-case-was-watched-constantly-weeks
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: May 22, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »

Sierra's murder suspect is husband, father to infant daughter

Who is Antolin Garcia-Torres?

Antolin Garcia-Torres' mother, Laura Torres, sobbed outside her home at Maple Leaf RV Park when she thought about her son being taken away and charged with the murder of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar, a crime she is certain he didn't commit.

“I'm the mom, I know when my sons are in trouble. And he wasn't in trouble,” Torres said, wiping tears from her puffy eyes. “He was at the wrong place at the wrong time.”

Torres described her son as the kind of father who cooked for his wife after a long day at work, and who changed his 20-month-old daughter's diaper without being asked.

Torres kept coming back to the fact that she believes in her heart that 21-year-old Garcia-Torres is innocent in Sierra LaMar's disappearance.

Unless, she did acknowledge, Garcia-Torres has lied to her. Even if that is the case, Torres still isn't sure she could ever believe her son could do something so horrible.

That sentiment resonated with numerous community members, who expressed shock after the news broke Monday night that Garcia-Torres of Morgan Hill has been identified as the only murder suspect in Sierra LaMar's disappearance.

“I don't know, what can I say? This is my son,” Torres said.

Garcia-Torres lived with his mother, wife and daughter in a small trailer on the northside of the park, where a bright pink baby stroller and an assortment of toys scattered in front of their home.

According to Torres, Garcia-Torres' wife Francine works at Chipotle in Morgan Hill and is expecting another baby in November

Garcia-Torres' arrest is just another event in a string of recent heartbreaks for Torres. Her other son, Garcia-Torres' older brother, recently died from an alcohol induced heart attack, and the father of her two sons is in jail.

Garcia-Torres attended Live Oak High School, before transferring to Central High School, but ultimately dropped out in 2010. He met his wife Francine at Live Oak, Torres said.

Garcia-Torres has at least two prior arrests – one for interfering with an officer, for which he was convicted, and a felony assault that was not prosecuted, Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said.

Furthermore, he is also linked to at least one incident in a series of at least three assaults on women in the parking lots of two Safeway stores in Morgan Hill, on Tennant and East Dunne avenues, Smith said.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/search_for_sierra/sierra-s-murder-suspect-is-husband-father-to-infant-daughter/article_909e3c0e-a45e-11e1-96ba-0019bb30f31a.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: May 22, 2012, 08:25:54 PM »

I wonder if he is connected to this attempted kidnapping of a 16 yr old girl in Willow Glen, red car, stun gun, about 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing about 200 pounds.       

Bold, daylight kidnap attempt of 16-year-old girl in Willow Glen
http://**/localnews/ci_20254285/bold-daylight-kidnap-attempt-16-year-old-girl
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2012, 08:59:45 PM »

Antolin Garcia-Torres' mother, Laura Torres, sobbed outside her home at Maple Leaf RV Park when she thought about her son being taken away and charged with the murder of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar, a crime she is certain he didn't commit.

“I'm the mom, I know when my sons are in trouble. And he wasn't in trouble,” Torres said, wiping tears from her puffy eyes. “He was at the wrong place at the wrong time.”

Torres described her son as the kind of father who cooked for his wife after a long day at work, and who changed his 20-month-old daughter's diaper without being asked.

Torres kept coming back to the fact that she believes in her heart that 21-year-old Garcia-Torres is innocent in Sierra LaMar's disappearance.

Unless, she did acknowledge, Garcia-Torres has lied to her. Even if that is the case, Torres still isn't sure she could ever believe her son could do something so horrible.

That sentiment resonated with numerous community members, who expressed shock after the news broke Monday night that Garcia-Torres of Morgan Hill has been identified as the only murder suspect in Sierra LaMar's disappearance.

Garcia-Torres lived with his mother, wife and daughter in a small trailer on the northside of the park, where a bright pink baby stroller and an assortment of toys scattered in front of their home.

According to Torres, Garcia-Torres' wife Francine works at Chipotle in Morgan Hill and is expecting another baby in November

Garcia-Torres' arrest is just another event in a string of recent heartbreaks for Torres. Her other son, Garcia-Torres' older brother, recently died from an alcohol induced heart attack, and the father of her two sons is in jail.

Garcia-Torres attended Live Oak High School, before transferring to Central High School, but ultimately dropped out in 2010. He met his wife Francine at Live Oak, Torres said.

Garcia-Torres has at least two prior arrests – one for interfering with an officer, for which he was convicted, and a felony assault that was not prosecuted, Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said.

Furthermore, he is also linked to at least one incident in a series of at least three assaults on women in the parking lots of two Safeway stores in Morgan Hill, on Tennant and East Dunne avenues, Smith said.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/search_for_sierra/sierra-s-murder-suspect-is-husband-father-to-infant-daughter/article_909e3c0e-a45e-11e1-96ba-0019bb30f31a.html

BBM

I believe this is most likely the wife's FB:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001604978048&sk=info

She was a friend on the moms FB:

https://www.facebook.com/lucero.garcia.56679

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »

I wonder if he is connected to this attempted kidnapping of a 16 yr old girl in Willow Glen, red car, stun gun, about 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing about 200 pounds.       

Bold, daylight kidnap attempt of 16-year-old girl in Willow Glen
http://**/localnews/ci_20254285/bold-daylight-kidnap-attempt-16-year-old-girl

I went and read the article...it sure does sound like him.  It gave me a chill to read the last sentence about this could be a human trafficking ring.  Are they certain she is deceased?  I mean, how do they know?  What do they have that says that?  Could he have taken her down to Mexico?  I am sure they know...or they wouldn't keep saying it.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »

Found quite a conversation on FB, unfortunately there is alot of cursing so will leave it to you ......comments from Torres girlfriend and her sister are mind-blowing

(Francine Sarmiento --Have you seen her twitter thats a DIRTY NASTY HO!) and her sister (Victoria Sarmiento Martinez u guys r dumb of course shes mad we were with him that morning amd how do they know shes dead wheres the proof of that huh no where)

There are 52 comments on this thread, all except these girls are totally for Sierra.

https://www.facebook.com/4daluvoflunch?ref=pb

Conversation begin on the left, under his (Torres pic), you have to scroll down a bit
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #226 on: May 22, 2012, 10:45:23 PM »

Found quite a conversation on FB, unfortunately there is alot of cursing so will leave it to you ......comments from Torres girlfriend and her sister are mind-blowing

(Francine Sarmiento --Have you seen her twitter thats a DIRTY NASTY HO!) and her sister (Victoria Sarmiento Martinez u guys r dumb of course shes mad we were with him that morning amd how do they know shes dead wheres the proof of that huh no where)

There are 52 comments on this thread, all except these girls are totally for Sierra.

Conversation begin on the left, under his (Torres pic), you have to scroll down a bit
Thanks I read that. They are in denial and sick talking about Sierra
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2012, 10:58:52 PM »

The same month he took Sierra His wife was arrested for theft
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/police_blotter/police-blotter-feb---march/article_5261bde4-67f5-11e1-93d4-0019bb30f31a.html
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2012, 11:07:06 PM »

BBM

I believe this is most likely the wife's FB:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001604978048&sk=info

She was a friend on the moms FB:

https://www.facebook.com/lucero.garcia.56679

I seriously doubt too, that this POS is "married" to Francine Sarmiento.....he looks like a lowlife loser living off Mama doing crack in the back bedroom. His kind isn't going to step up and be a responsible man, jjmo 

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001604978048&sk=wall

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #229 on: May 22, 2012, 11:09:00 PM »

great find!

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #230 on: May 22, 2012, 11:10:11 PM »

I think this may be the wife's Twitter, not active since 2010

Francine Torres
@Ceenie1024
Taken Zachary J. Coronado (052708) 16 Senior B-day: 10/24
Visalia ·

http://twitter.com/#!/ceenie1024

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #231 on: May 22, 2012, 11:45:21 PM »

Just how old is the 'wife'?  She looks very young and a lot like Sierra, imo.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: May 22, 2012, 11:48:34 PM »

Francine Sarmiento, 19 of Morgan Hill, March 3 at 12:19 p.m. for petty theft.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #233 on: May 22, 2012, 11:49:55 PM »

Guessing she's 19 from that police report posted earlier, I thought the same about looking like Sierra.

But the more I read that Twitter, I'm not sure that's her.  I thought she was talking about her baby, but further back she's saying it's her baby sister.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: May 22, 2012, 11:58:19 PM »

TM - I'm not sure if that's her twitter either.  I don't think she's using the name Torres and I don't think that looks like her. 

This is her Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/225600698
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: May 23, 2012, 12:49:13 AM »

Sierra LaMar Murder Suspect May be Linked to More Crimes

On March 19, 2009 a woman was attacked with a stun gun at Safeway on Dunne in Morgan Hill. Minutes earlier at the same parking lot a man followed a woman to her car and tried to break in. Then days later, on March 26th another attack occurred but this time a woman was assaulted by a man with a knife at the Safeway on Tenant. Investigators say Garcia-Torres is a suspect in one of these cases and a person of interest in the other two. They couldn't comment which one he is a suspect in.

A sketch was made by police from the description one of the victims gave them. If you compare the sketch and the photo of Garcia-Torres' mug shot, they look very similar. Now police hope evidence found in the disappearance of Sierra LaMar will link Garcia-Torres to all three attacks. "Evidence that the Morgan Hill Police Department recovered back in 2009 was turned over to the sheriff's department and that evidence was directly linked to our suspect," said Hoefling.

Morgan Hill Police and Santa Clara County Sheriff deputies won't say what the evidence is and which crime they can already link Garcia-Torres to, but in May 2009 police arrested him for resisting arrest and obstruction a police officer. Over the next three years Garcia Torres had several more run ins with police, mostly for vehicle infractions.

Now they're taking another look at evidence for crimes dating back three years to see what else he could be responsible for. "We do have evidence of video surveillance from the Safeway stores in 2009," said Hoefling.

Right now Antonin Garcia-Torres is in the Santa Clara County Jail facing charges of murder and kidnapping.

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/18600093/sierra-lamar-murder-suspect-may-be-linked-to-more-crimes?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2012, 12:52:11 AM »

Wow...what a read.  I cannot believe that Francine would say that about her...she is really messed up (she sounds more like a jealous girlfriend).  I don't think that this has truly sank in with her.  And wow...she resembles Sierra so much.  And trying to give him an alibi for that morning...not good.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2012, 01:15:02 AM »

Violent Past for Sierra LaMar Murder, Kidnap Suspect, Court Records Reveal

Antolin Garcia-Torres was charged and found guilty of a misdemeanor for resisting arrest, vandalism, felony battery and unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor.

They also indicate Antolin Garcia-Torres, 21, had been arrested June 16, 2010 for felony battery and unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor between Oct. 1, 2009 and June 9, 2010.

Garcia-Torres then admitted to officers he had a girlfriend, a minor, who was pregnant and living with him at the time of the arrest. He was arrested and booked into Santa Clara County Jail once again in connection with the unlawful sexual intercourse with minor, which reportedly took place on or about Oct. 1, 2009 and June 9, 2010, the records say.

The records also show he enrolled in an anger management class, that the District Attorney requested a protective order be issued against him to keep him away from an unidentified person and that he was freed from jail for the assault and sex with a minor cases after posting $25,000 bail.

Meanwhile, at the small and tranquil Maple Leaf RV Park in Morgan Hill Tuesday where Garcia-Torres lives with his mother, Laura Torres, a security guard couldn't keep reporters away from trailer 226

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/sierra-lamar-murder-kidnap-suspect-had-violent-past
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #238 on: May 23, 2012, 01:19:43 AM »

He's not looking so nice now, is he?  Bet all those co-workers that were defending are finally getting their eyes opened to the real AGT.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #239 on: May 23, 2012, 07:49:05 AM »

TU Klaas,  It's an interesting set up for a 17 yr olds room and I can't say I've ever seen one like it before.  And I seen alot ... lol.  I've only used my single gas burner like that for making camp coffee... 

Look more like getting scrapings of resin off other bowls (where maryj had been smoked and the built up residue is used to smoke again)but most likely hash.  I hate to say it Klaas but you would normally use a small pipe type of apparatus to smoke crack and to make it would involve a space much bigger than that.  Too small a surface to lay out a line of coke too.  Geez, look where my expertise is, sorry I know this stuff!!! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.