April 19, 2024, 10:02:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sierra Lamar #2 4/21/12 -  (Read 394141 times)
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #340 on: May 25, 2012, 11:11:18 AM »

I hope they find Sierras body soon.
It's a Shame the GF (Francine) is so ignorant and uneducated, she has no idea FBI has footage of the car license plate ect. Plus DNA of Sierra in the car and his on her clothing. Im wondering if his GF is same one he was charged with have sex with? I bet she is she was and she was 15 at the time.It makes me sick that young girls are targeted I wish there was something we could do to stop and change this.. Breaks my heart.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #341 on: May 25, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »

I hope they find Sierras body soon.
It's a Shame the GF (Francine) is so ignorant and uneducated, she has no idea FBI has footage of the car license plate ect. Plus DNA of Sierra in the car and his on her clothing. Im wondering if his GF is same one he was charged with have sex with? I bet she is she was and she was 15 at the time.It makes me sick that young girls are targeted I wish there was something we could do to stop and change this.. Breaks my heart.
From here
Garcia-Torres to be arraigned Thursday for Sierra LaMar's murder

MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- There are new details about the criminal past of the kidnapping and murder suspect in the Sierra LaMar case and the time he spent in jail.

Twenty-one-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres was arrested two days ago for Sierra's murder. While his mother has proclaimed his innocence, Sierra's parents hope he provides some clues as to their daughter's whereabouts.

::snipping2::
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #342 on: May 25, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »

Ugh, I copied the wrong thing.  So sorry!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13003.msg1526223#msg1526223

Before moving to a Morgan Hill trailer park, Garcia-Torres lived with his mother in a rental unit that used to stand in a lot behind a San Martin home. The owner told ABC7 News that sheriff's deputies were frequent visitors.

In 2009, then 18-year-old Garcia-Torres was arrested for having sex with a minor, a teen who is the mother of the couple's 19-month-old child.

StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #343 on: May 25, 2012, 02:51:53 PM »

Ugh, I copied the wrong thing.  So sorry!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13003.msg1526223#msg1526223

Before moving to a Morgan Hill trailer park, Garcia-Torres lived with his mother in a rental unit that used to stand in a lot behind a San Martin home. The owner told ABC7 News that sheriff's deputies were frequent visitors.

In 2009, then 18-year-old Garcia-Torres was arrested for having sex with a minor, a teen who is the mother of the couple's 19-month-old child.

Thank you! I can't imagine what he may have done to his own kids next hope he stays put away
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #344 on: May 25, 2012, 03:33:56 PM »

Sierra Lamar kidnapping suspect: I was fishing

But Garcia-Torres told his mother that he could not be Sierra's kidnapper because he was busy fishing at the Uvas Creek in Morgan Hill on March 16.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-california/hollister-gilroy/Sierra-Lamar-kidnapping-suspect-I-was-fishing/-/5738758/14154804/-/3v7isn/-/index.html

didnt we read something,that someone said they were with AGT that morning
so he couldnt have done anything like that,or something along that line
so i guess they went fishing too

gone fishing map
A.18 Paquita Espana Ct Morgan Hill, CA 95037
B. AGT 15200 Monterey Street Morgan Hill, CA 95037
C---G,is the start and end of Uvas creek,at G it
runs into another creek
http://tinyurl.com/c52vuy5

other maps at links,shows items found and AGT places
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13003.msg1526077#msg1526077
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13003.msg1526099#msg1526099

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: May 25, 2012, 04:59:13 PM »

Sheriff Laurie Smith has failed to convinced Marlene Lamar and Marc Klaas that Sierra is deceased.

Janet

+++++

Mother of Sierra LaMar to murder suspect: ‘Say where she is’
May 23, 2012 |  4:00 am

Authorities in Santa Clara County may be convinced that missing high school cheerleader Sierra Lamar is dead, but her mother vowed not to stop looking for her daughter.

On Tuesday, even as Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith announced the arrest of a 21-year-old suspect on suspicion of murder, Marlena LaMar said she still has hope her 15-year-old daughter is alive somewhere.

"Her body hasn't been found," Marlene LaMar said at a news conference, her voice breaking. "I believe there was a reason she wasn't found. We're not giving up on that."

At a news conference, Smith said there was "direct and circumstantial" evidence that led investigators to believe that Antolin Garcia-Torres, 21, kidnapped and killed the Morgan Hill girl, who disappeared in March on her way to school.

<snipped>

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/05/mother-of-missing-sierra-lamar-to-murder-suspect-say-where-she-is.html

Marc Klaas: I'm Not Convinced Sierra's Dead
Klaas says there are too many holes in the Sheriff's argument for him to believe the Morgan Hill teen is 100 percent dead.
12:09 pm

Although authorities are currently treating the disappearance of Sierra LaMar as a kidnapping and murder, KlassKids Founder Marc Klaas isn’t convinced the public should be searching for a deceased body.

<snipped>

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/marc-klaas-i-m-not-convinced-sierra-s-dead

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: May 25, 2012, 05:02:10 PM »

How long does it take to confirm?

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

The body of a woman with long hair and painted nails was found in a trash can in Pleasanton, Thursday, but detectives haven't confirmed whether it's Sierra

<snipped>

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: May 25, 2012, 05:08:45 PM »

Body Found in Pleasanton Trash Can is Woman, Not Sierra LaMar
The Alameda County coroner's office is conducting an autopsy today.
By Tanya Rose Email the author 12:00 pm

PLEASANTON — A body found stuffed in a trash can in Pleasanton Thursday is a woman, but is not believed to be Sierra LaMar, the 15-year-old missing teen from Morgan Hill.

"There are a lot of rumors floating around, but what I can say is that this is not the body of a child," said Lt. Jeff Bretzing of the Pleasanton Police Department.

<snipped>

http://unioncity.patch.com/articles/body-found-in-pleasanton-trash-can-is-woman-not-sierra-lamar

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #348 on: May 25, 2012, 05:21:30 PM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Womans-Body-Found-in-Pleasanton-Trash-Can-154164005.html

Autopsy on Pleasanton Body Inconclusive

Medical examiners on Friday conducted an autopsy on a woman's body found in a trash can, hidden away behind bushes in an upscale Pleasanton neighborhood.
By Lisa Fernandez and Jodi Hernandez
|  Friday, May 25, 2012  |  Updated 2:01 PM PDT

Medical examiners on Friday conducted an autopsy on a woman's body found in a trash can, found hidden away behind bushes in an upscale Pleasanton neighborhood.

The results of the autopsy were inconclusive but authorities said based on the physical traits of the body that it was most likely not Sierra LaMar, the 15-year-old Morgan Hill girl who was kidnapped March 16 and presumed to be murdered.

But Pleasanton police Lt. Jeff Bretzing told NBC Bay Area on Friday that he "coudn't rule anything out." He did say that body was not that of a child, meaning 11-years-old or younger. But he couldn't say for sure if the female wasn't a teenager.

Despite the autopsy being completed Friday morning, the coroner's office put an "information hold" on the release of any details.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #349 on: May 25, 2012, 09:34:24 PM »

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

The body of a woman with long hair and painted nails was found in a trash can in Pleasanton, Thursday, but detectives haven't confirmed whether it's Sierra

<snipped>

Wouldn't that be a blessing if she was alive?  an angelic monkey

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: May 25, 2012, 09:36:57 PM »

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

<snipped>

Yes, it surely would be.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: May 25, 2012, 09:51:40 PM »

sassifrass ... the rejoicing of Monkeys would be heard all the way to Morgan Hill.

Janet

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: May 25, 2012, 10:02:17 PM »

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/another-water-search-uvas-reservoir-turns-empty/nPFL2/

Posted: 5:32 p.m. Friday, May 25, 2012
Another water search at Uvas Reservoir turns up empty

MORGAN HILL, Calif. —

South Bay search crews took to the water Friday in the hopes of finding clues to the disappearance of Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar, but came up empty once again.

Search efforts continued in the midst of emotional turmoil for family and volunteers in a week that started with the arrest of a suspect and was capped by Thursday's discovery of the body in the East Bay.

Pleasanton police issued more information Friday about the human remains found in a trash can on a roadside late Thursday morning, announcing that the body belonged to a woman and determining some details about her clothing and appearance.

Investigators contacted the Santa Clara County Sheriff's office on Friday, but said they do not believe it is the body of missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: May 25, 2012, 11:00:35 PM »

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/another-water-search-uvas-reservoir-turns-empty/nPFL2/

Posted: 5:32 p.m. Friday, May 25, 2012
Another water search at Uvas Reservoir turns up empty

MORGAN HILL, Calif. —

South Bay search crews took to the water Friday in the hopes of finding clues to the disappearance of Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar, but came up empty once again.

Search efforts continued in the midst of emotional turmoil for family and volunteers in a week that started with the arrest of a suspect and was capped by Thursday's discovery of the body in the East Bay.

Pleasanton police issued more information Friday about the human remains found in a trash can on a roadside late Thursday morning, announcing that the body belonged to a woman and determining some details about her clothing and appearance.

Investigators contacted the Santa Clara County Sheriff's office on Friday, but said they do not believe it is the body of missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar.

Clothing?

According to the following article Sierra's clothing that she was wearing on the morning she went missing were located folded neatly in the Juicy bag.

Janet

+++++

Sierra's trail went cold not far from her home
Friday, May 25, 2012 04:00 AM

<snipped>

Court documents released Thursday elaborated on the reasons investigators have lost hope in finding Sierra alive.

"Sierra LaMar has no independent means of support," sheriff's Sgt. Herman Leon wrote in a statement outlining the grounds for Garcia-Torres' arrest. "All of her known personal belongings, including her asthma inhaler, her money, her house keys and the clothing she was wearing the morning of her disappearance, have been located."

<snipped>

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/05/24/BA281ON11J.DTL

Sierra LaMar's Purse, Clothing Found
Thursday, Mar 22, 2012  |  Updated 2:12 PM PDT

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office confirmed that they found the purse and some clothing of missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar.

<snipped>

Cardoza said a pair of pants, a shirt, a bra and a pair of underwear were neatly folded inside a Juicy brand purse.

<snipped>

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: May 26, 2012, 12:17:08 AM »

LaMar Murder Suspect ‘Didn’t Seem Concerned’

Antolin Garcia Torres seemed unconcerned about authorities following him and interviewing him and his family, his sister said.
 While Antolin Garcia-Torres was being interviewed and knew he was being followed in connection with the disappearance of Sierra LaMar, the Morgan Hill resident seemed nonchalant about the investigation and was talking to his older sister, Lucero, about going back to work.

“He didn’t seem concerned, he just continued with his everyday activities,” Lucero Garcia, 26, said.

“He thought it was all a confusion, that’s how he would kind of bring it out. What he was saying was, 'I hope when all this is over I can go back to getting my job' and this and that.”

Authorities put Garcia-Torres under 24-hour surveillance on March 28, the day investigators learned that traces of his DNA were found on the clothing in Sierra’s Juicy-brand bag, discovered in a field two days after her disappearance on March 16.

It’s unknown how long Garcia-Torres knew detectives were following him, or what tipped him off, but the murder suspect apparently knew Big Brother wasn’t far off.

http://cupertino.patch.com/articles/lamar-murder-suspect-didnt-seem-concerned-1400669c
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: May 26, 2012, 12:20:41 AM »

Body found in Pleasanton trash is adult female, case being investigated as a homicide

PLEASANTON -- A preliminary autopsy on the body of a woman discovered in a trash can Thursday was unable to determine an identity, but authorities said Friday they are confident it is not missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar.

The body, discovered in the 11000 block of Dublin Canyon Road near Laurel Creek Drive about 11:30 a.m. Thursday, is that of an "adult female, still possibly a teenager," Lt. Jeff Bretzing said at news conference in front of Pleasanton police headquarters. Police are treating the death as a homicide, but the exact cause of death is pending the coroner's investigation.

The body's fingerprints could not immediately be matched in the state's Department of Motor Vehicles records, Bretzing
said, but it is possible the body's fingerprints would not show up if the person was an out-of-state resident. A person not possessing a driver's license also would not show up on such a database, he said.

The deceased woman wore blue fingernail polish and had brown hair, but the decomposition of the body made it difficult to determine if the hair was short or long, Bretzing said. She also was wearing an Old Navy shirt and pajama bottoms, though investigators didn't specify what kind of shirt or the color of the pajamas. The ethnicity of the victim and the victim's exact age are still being investigated, Bretzing said.

Bretzing said agencies throughout California have been notified, and that missing children databases are being tapped. Pleasanton has no outstanding cases involving missing persons, he said.

http://**/ci_20710349/body-found-pleasanton-trash-can-appears-be-adult?source=most_viewed
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: May 27, 2012, 10:04:35 AM »

Garcia-Torres charging docs:

Already posted by TM

Already posted by TM

Next two pages are new

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #357 on: May 27, 2012, 01:03:22 PM »

Interview with Sierra's cousin Keith LaMar from earlier this month.

http://www.chelseahoffman.com/2012/05/exclusive-cousin-of-sierra-lamar-to.html

May 17, 2012

Exclusive: Cousin of Sierra LaMar to Alleged Abductor: 'Enough Already'

Keith LaMar was kind enough to answer some questions regarding the disappearance of Sierra LaMar, with whom he is a paternal cousin.

The following is the interview between Chelsea Hoffman and Keith LaMar

Were you close with Sierra and her parents? Did Sierra ever express problems at home that indicated she would perhaps attempt running away at one point? Many teenage girls go through this sort of rebellion.

Keith LaMar(KL): I am closest with my uncle Steve (Sierra's dad), but I am also close with Marlene (I don't remember them ever not being together). I remember Danielle being born, and Sierra was the first baby whose diaper I ever changed. This especially comes in handy now that I have a 3-year-old son who is especially resistant to potty-training. I don't know of any specific incidents that would lead me to wonder whether Sierra might run away. However, Marlene called me some time in February, and asked for some help on how to handle a situation Sierra was involved in. Sierra was part of a cheer group (outside of school), and apparently they were treating her very badly. There was even suspicion that the girls had dropped Sierra intentionally during some routines at practice. Marlene wanted Sierra to quit the group. I don't know much more about this situation, but it seemed pretty contentious.

When was the last time you remember seeing Sierra before her alleged abduction?

KL: Steve, Marlene, Danielle, and Sierra came to Sacramento around a year ago maybe. They and my family (me, my wife, daughter, and 2 sons) ate lunch at Fresh Choice and went shopping at Arden Fair Mall. I was surprised to see Sierra had grown up so much since the last time I had seen her. We all spent a few days over Christmas 2008 up at a rental house in Lake Tahoe.

You've mentioned that you live somewhat near the region where Jessica Funk-Haslam was murdered. It's been mentioned in news commentaries before that police should investigate a connection between the 13-year old girl's murder and Sierra's disappearance. Do you agree with this assumption? Do you believe that a small connection could be made between the two cases?

KL: I live very, very close to the park where Jessica Funk-Haslam's body was found. Morgan Hill and Sacramento are between 2 1/2 hours and 3 hours apart (by drive), so I personally don't believe there is any connection.

Do you think the FBI and investigators in Morgan Hill are doing a good job with this investigation? If not, where do you think they should improve to help in finding what happened?

KL: I don't know much about the FBI and investigation process. However, I trust it is being followed appropriately. I understand there were some leads resulting from the forensics testing on the phone and Juicy bag they found. It would be nice to know what at least some of those leads are. However, I understand the need for confidentiality during the investigation, and I have no interest in compromising that.

What do you think the public can do to keep awareness of Sierra's disappearance high? Do you have any message you'd like to share with everyone who is concerned for your cousin? Anything to say to the suspect in this crime, in case he were to read this? Anything else you'd like to add?

KL: The public has been amazing with its support since Day one. I know people have a lot on their plates, and we all very much appreciate the time and energy everyone has contributed and continues to contribute with the searches and other volunteer efforts. If I had one thing to tell the abductor, it would be... enough already. If you wanted to create a very high profile case, you got it. If you wanted to cause heartache and anxiety among friends and family, you got it. Give Sierra back to the people who care for her. Stop being a coward, and own up to your actions. I don't believe in any deity, but I do believe that karma can be very cruel. The longer you keep her from us, the more harsh your fate will be.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #358 on: May 27, 2012, 01:19:24 PM »

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981359414

by Chelsea Hoffman

Sierra LaMar Suspect's Criminal Record: An Analysis

May 27, 2012 09:00 AM EDT

Did he murder Sierra LaMar and is he a serial predator?

Antolin has been implicated in a string of attempted assaults on women in Morgan Hill. Women were followed by an unidentified man at both Safeway locations in the town. Garcia-Torres, a former Safeway employee, matches the composite drawings of the suspect involved in these crimes with a creepy resemblance. If one looks at his proven criminal record you have a young man who is violently aggressive that runs "with the wrong crowd," who has a known habit of having sex with underage girls and who displays some downright bizarre behavior in between all of this. If you add this to the uncanny similarity between his appearance and the composite drawings of the unknown Morgan Hill attacker, then you've got a recipe for a potential serial killer.

Sierra LaMar was only 5'2" and 110 lbs, significantly smaller than the man accused of abducting and murdering her. She was 15 years old, and he had a history of sexual contact with minors. The idea that these were women who claim to have been followed by Antolin, it's possible that he finally worked his way down to a prey that couldn't fight him, and that would be a very petite young girl, presumably.

Antolin Garcia-Torres appears to have authority issues. He fought the police who arrived at his home to arrest an unrelated suspect. His father is not in his life, in prison. He was evidently raised by the women of the family, which would appear to be something that could lend to a resentment against them. A man with a short fuse, a lack of masculine influence and the constant need to overpower and harm women—as women are roles of authority in his "real life."

Could he have killed Sierra? Absolutely. Could he be a serial predator? Absolutely.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #359 on: May 27, 2012, 03:45:40 PM »

I am having trouble with the wording of a sentence.....in Klaas' post on the second page of the Felony Complaint it states, " ATG was engaged in and an ACCOMPLICE in the commission, the attempted commission..".  Is that normal wording?  Is there possibly someone else involved?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.