April 20, 2024, 01:52:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sierra Lamar #2 4/21/12 -  (Read 394157 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002345993879&sk=wall

Carrie Courter
Im shocked! 3 women walk into MHPD and say "we have tips on Sierra LaMar! We've been calling and calling the numbers on the posters-we can't get thru! We drove here from Santa Clara...Can you take our report?" They tell them NO!! You have to go to the sheriffs dept. in San Jose!!! Can you freakin believe this????
Share · 23 hours ago via mobile ·

Donna Falck Tomlinson Sounds strange.
23 hours ago ·  1

Carrie Courter I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen w/ my own eyes! They sent the women out the door without taking any statement!! Let's hope they make the drive to San Jose to more competent people!
23 hours ago via mobile

Lydia Ruiz WTF??????????? Are you serious???
22 hours ago ·  1

Carrie Courter I am serious ..... Sad not good.
21 hours ago via mobile
 ::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2012, 05:53:05 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ChildQuest?story_fbid=208647759252256&v=wall

Child Quest shared Child Quest International, Inc.'s photo.
4 hours ago
UPDATED SIERRA LAMAR POSTER ...
#FindSierraLaMar REWARD INCREASED to $25,000 to the first person who provides information that leads to Sierra being returned alive & safe to her family.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2012, 12:12:09 AM »

Team Amber joins search for missing Nor Cal teen

SAN DIEGO (CBS Cool - Volunteers in the Bay Area have intensified the search for 15-year-old Sierra Lamar.

Carrie McGonigle, whose daughter Amber Dubois was killed three years ago in Escondido, is now involved in the search.

News 8's Adrienne Moore files this video report with what led her and the "Team Amber Rescue" group to get involved.

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/17907504/team-amber-joins-search-for-missing-norcal-teen
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2012, 12:13:40 AM »

Reward for Sierra LaMar's safe return increased to $25,000

MORGAN HILL -- The family of Sierra LaMar have increased the reward offered for the missing teen's safe return.

Steve LaMar, Sierra's father, announced Saturday that the reward now is $25,000, more than double the sum of $10,000 first offered April 7, said Marc Klaas, founder of the KlaasKids Foundation.

http://**/localnews/ci_20504225/reward-sierra-lamars-safe-return-increased-25-000
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2012, 07:09:46 PM »

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/america-s-most-wanted-joins-search-for-sierra/article_c48672b4-0a48-5ef7-8112-6314cfe65b60.html
‘America’s Most Wanted’ joins search for Sierra
Television show will bring national attention to Sierra LaMar’s case and may help, Sheriff says
Posted April 26, 2012, Updated April 28, 2012

One of the country’s best-known crime fighters and victims’ advocates hopes to find Sierra LaMar by bringing prolonged national attention to the teen who remains missing after six weeks.

And while television crews from John Walsh’s “America’s Most Wanted” were in Morgan Hill this week shooting for the upcoming episode that will feature the missing 15-year-old, local residents remain steadfast in their efforts to find her and raise money for the Sierra LaMar Fund.

The AMW episode featuring Sierra is scheduled to air 9 p.m. May 11 on Lifetime, according to producer Jocelyn Sigue. The subject of missing children is one that’s “dear” to Walsh, the show’s host and creator whose own son Adam Walsh was abducted and murdered in 1981.

“He has stood in the shoes of the parents,” Sigue said while her crew shot scenes of the field near Sierra’s north Morgan Hill where her cell phone was found by investigators the day after she was reported missing.

Sierra’s father, Steve LaMar, flew to Los Angeles to shoot an interview with Walsh earlier this week. On Wednesday, Sigue and her crew filmed an interview with Sierra’s mother, Marlene LaMar, at her home near Palm and Dougherty avenues.

Watch it

‘America’s Most Wanted’ will air at 9 p.m. May 11 on the Lifetime network

Fundraiser

- Residents, police and the MHUSD have scheduled a fundraiser to provide self-defense instruction and raise money and awareness for the Sierra LaMar Fund.

- The event will take place 6 p.m. May 3 at Burnett Elementary School, 85 Tilton Ave.

- Mark Preader, owner of West Coast Martial Arts, and instructors will provide the audience with tools that could be useful in the event of a sudden assault. Girls, boys, men and women age 6 and older are welcome to attend.

- Suggested donation is $10 per person, and all of the proceeds will go to the Sierra LaMar Fund.

- Details: Amy Porter-Jensen at (408) 726-1849; or Lori Camacho at (408) 825-3510.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »

http://**/crime-courts/ci_20516489/si

Sierra LaMar search reaches San Jose as sex offenders arrested on unrelated charges

By Mike Rosenberg
mrosenberg@mercurynews.com

Posted:   05/01/2012 07:17:58 AM PDT
Updated:   05/01/2012 07:18:13 AM PDT

Investigators this week will expand their search for missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar by diving into waters in South San Jose.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office also announced Monday that while interviewing registered sex offenders in search of clues in the case, they discovered five of them had violated the terms of their registration. All five people, who live in southern Santa Clara County, were arrested on charges unrelated to the Sierra case.

Crews will first search Parkway Lakes, followed by the Anderson, Coyote, Almaden and Guadalupe reservoirs. A portion of the Parkway Lakes was checked a week ago, while crews have yet to scour the South San Jose reservoirs.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2012, 06:41:50 AM »

Prayers for Sierra.   an angelic monkey ::justice2NJ::
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2012, 12:56:08 AM »

Fare inspectors save missing California teen from captor who imprisoned and raped her

Sgt. Jose Cardoza of the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office said the girl had been living with Pacheco for a "couple of months" but it was not currently known for how long she was held against her will, local news site Gilroy Patch reported.

While not identifying the girl because she is a minor and the victim of a sex crime, police said she is not missing South Bay teen Sierra LaMar.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/18134251/fare-inspectors-save-missing-california-teen-from-captor-who-imprisoned-and-raped-her
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2012, 02:08:16 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/07/police-searching-for-vehicle-in-suspected-abduction-california-girl-sierra/
Police seek vehicle in connection with abduction of California girl Sierra LaMar
May 7, 2012

Authorities probing the disappearance of a 15-year-old California girl said Monday they're looking for a vehicle they believe is connected to the teenager's abduction.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office released a photo of a 1990s red Volkswagen Jetta that's similar to a car linked to the kidnapping of Sierra LaMar, who has been missing for nearly two months.

Investigators said they believe the girl was snatched early March 16 while walking to a bus stop near her home in Morgan Hill, Calif.

Sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza said the red sedan being sought has a black hood. Police said the vehicle was spotted at the time and place where LaMar disappeared, though it is not known if the girl was riding inside it, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

"It's more than a coincidence," Cardoza told the newspaper. Information on the vehicle was reportedly gathered from witness accounts and surveillance video

Meanwhile, crime lab technicians continue to analyze possible evidence found during searches for Sierra.

Cardoza said they've determined a handcuff box and used condoms found within a mile-and-a-half of her home are not associated with the case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2012, 03:06:19 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

5/7/2912: URGENT: PLEASE SHARE: POSSIBLE KIDNAPPER'S VEHICLE SOUGHT: Sheriff's Office seeking red, mid-1990s Jetta associated with Sierra LaMar disappearance: MORGAN HILL, California -- Authorities are now looking for a vehicle they say is ...See More
5/7/2912: URGENT: PLEASE SHARE: POSSIBLE KIDNAPPER'S VEHICLE SOUGHT: Sheriff's Office seeking red, mid-1990s Jetta associated with Sierra LaMar disappearance: MORGAN HILL, California -- Authorities are now looking for a vehicle they say is associated with the March disappearance of Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar, the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office said. The Sheriff's Office announced Monday that detectives culled witness accounts and video surveillance over the past week to come up with the vehicle, described as resembling a RED MID-1990's model FOUR-DOOR VOLKSWAGEN JETTA with a BLACK HOOD.

POSSIBLE KIDNAPPER'S VEHICLE:

YEAR: Mid 1990's
COLOR: Red
MAKE: Volkswagen
MODEL: Jetta
DOORS: Four (4)
DETAILS: Appeared to have BLACK HOOD.

Sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza said car was seen at the time and place where the 15-year-old disappeared, the morning of March 16 near Palm and Dougherty avenues in unincorporated Morgan Hill. He added that surveillance cameras from buses and Morgan Hill businesses also spotted the car near where other evidence in the case was found.

"It's more than a coincidence," Cardoza said.

However, Cardoza said it is not known whether Sierra was actually riding inside the vehicle, for which investigators do not have a license plate number.

Also, forensic tests have officially ruled out any connection between their case and an empty handcuff box and used condoms found within a mile of where the 15-year-old vanished, the Sheriff's Office said.

Investigators were already doubtful about its relevance to the teen's disappearance near Palm and Doughterty avenues in unincorporated Morgan Hill when the discovery was made March 29. It had been the most significant find since her Samsung cellphone and Juicy-brand handbag were recovered at separate spots on Santa Teresa Boulevard the weekend after she disappeared.

The agency said it is hopeful that other forensic work will yield more leads in the case.

Anyone with information can contact sheriff's investigators at 408-808-4500, the anonymous tip line at 408-808-4431 or email tips@sheriff.sccgov.org.

SOURCE: http://**/crime-courts/ci_20566233/sheriffs-office-seeking-red-mid-1990s-jetta-associated

DOWNLOAD THIS FILE HERE TO MAINTAIN QUALITY. Make sure to select LARGE: http://www.mediafire.com/?sofmxp4wh3irm

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2012, 03:36:30 PM »

This is BIG news...that car should likely be identified in no time...how many cars are red and have a black hood?! 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2012, 05:01:03 PM »

Quick mock up of what it might look like with a black hood

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2012, 05:29:41 PM »

Thanks Klaas!   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2012, 11:25:07 PM »

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4066
Red VW Jetta May Be Clue in Sierra Lamar Disappearance
By: Brian Shields
May 7, 2012

MORGAN HILL (KRON) -- Surveillance tape is among the evidence prompting authorities to put out an alert on for a red mid-90's model Volkswagon Jetta in connection with the search for a missing high school cheerleader.

Santa Clara County sheriff's investigators are releasing a photograph of a vehicle similar to the one seen in photographs gathered during the search for 15-year old Sierra Lamar.
Authorities say the surveillance camera footage combined with statements from witnesses have prompted the alert for the red Jetta.  If you saw a similar vehicle on the morning of March 16 near Palm and Dougherty avenues in unincorporated Morgan Hill, contact Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies or your local authories.
(Photos at link)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2012, 11:28:56 PM »

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-california/hollister-gilroy/Suspect-car-ID-d-in-Sierra-Lamar-abduction-case/-/5738758/12709546/-/ws91hz/-/index.html
Suspect car ID'd in Sierra Lamar abduction case
May 7, 2012

MORGAN HILL, Calif. -

Investigators who have been combing Morgan Hill and Gilroy for Sierra Lamar identified a suspect vehicle on Monday.
Whoever abducted the 15-year-old girl while she was walking to her school bus stop nearly two months ago was driving a four-door 1990s Volkswagen Jetta, according to the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office. The Jetta is bright red with a black hood.

"Witnesses, combined with investigative review of video surveillance, have identified a vehicle similar to the make and model below as being associated to Sierra’s disappearance," Sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza said.
Her cellphone and purse were found on the side of the road a few blocks from her mother's house the following day. Tracking dogs lost Sierra's scent at the end of her driveway.

"The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office remains completely focused on locating Sierra Lamar and determining who is responsible for her disappearance," Cardoza said.
Investigators did not say how many people were in the car, possibly including Sierra.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2012, 11:42:52 PM »

Let us hope that this is the break that is needed to find Sierra..fingers crossed

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2012, 12:15:19 AM »

Let this be the break in the case that leads to her abductor!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »

Praying...

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2012, 12:21:15 PM »

Hi everyone

I saw a link on twitter from https://twitter.com/#!/7thSpring re a car posted on CL
He sent me the link to it http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/2898948115.html
May not be the same car but could be? so Im posting just in case!

I didnt post the # but it is on the link

also Klass I wanted to email you I have a new phone so my email deleted yours
thank you!
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2012, 02:16:42 PM »

Hi everyone

I saw a link on twitter from https://twitter.com/#!/7thSpring re a car posted on CL
He sent me the link to it http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/2898948115.html
May not be the same car but could be? so Im posting just in case!

I didnt post the # but it is on the link

also Klass I wanted to email you I have a new phone so my email deleted yours
thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/brenda.efrain Put the above number in FB and this is what comes up.  Mods delete if it shouldn't be here...since it may not even be the same car.  I had thought to look through CL to see if someone was trying to sell a car like that on there and never got to it.  Good find...you never know.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.