April 19, 2024, 03:04:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sierra Lamar #2 4/21/12 -  (Read 394090 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »

Just a quick follow up on the FB that is associated with the phone number on the CL ad...that name is associated with someone that works for CALTRANS (California Department of Transportation)...in the Stockton, CA area.  May or may not be anything though.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »

Hi everyone

I saw a link on twitter from https://twitter.com/#!/7thSpring re a car posted on CL
He sent me the link to it http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/2898948115.html
May not be the same car but could be? so Im posting just in case!

I didnt post the # but it is on the link

also Klass I wanted to email you I have a new phone so my email deleted yours
thank you!

smklaas@hotmail.com

I guess they have located the vehicle now.  Wonder if it was the one in the CL ad?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/08/police-find-car-linked-to-disappearance-california-girl-sierra-lamar/?test=latestnews
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2012, 10:23:58 PM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Red-Car-Found-in-Sierra-LaMar-Case-150651015.html

Red Jetta Found in Sierra LaMar Case

By Marianne Favro, Kris Sanchez and Lisa Fernandez
|  Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A day after posting a likeness to a red car possibly linked to the disappearance of Sierra LaMar, the Santa Clara County Sheriff on Tuesday said detectives actually have the Jetta in their custody.

Just how the Volkswagen Jetta with the black hood is linked to the March 16 disappearance of the Morgan Hill girl is unclear.

"We're not saying when and where we found it," Sgt. Jose Cardoza said. He added that the discovery was "pretty significant," and that there was no reason not to believe that the teen was still alive despite the fact that she's been gone for more than eight weeks.
 ::snipping2::

View more videos at: http://nbcbayarea.com.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2012, 11:12:43 PM »

Missing teen Sierra LaMar: Teams to search small ponds, waterways

A Santa Clara County sheriff's spokesman said Wednesday the department's dive team is searching "small ponds and waterways" in an unincorporated area of South San Jose in its search for evidence in the case of missing 15-year-old Sierra LaMar.

The announcement comes one day after officials located a red Volkswagen Jetta believed to be connected to her March 16 abduction. The mid-1990s four-door sedan with a black hood had been spotted on numerous surveillance videos near Sierra's Morgan Hill home the morning she disappeared, said Sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

The car also appeared in videos taken in the area where the cheerleader's purse and school books were recovered a few days later. Its occupants were not visible on the videos, said Cardoza, who declined to disclose how or where the car was found.

"Investigators do have the vehicle in their custody but are asking the public to report any sightings of this vehicle and/or occupants during the time surrounding Sierra’s disappearance," Cardoza said in a statement Tuesday. "The sheriff’s office is specifically interested in hearing from anyone who may have seen this vehicle or had contact with the occupant(s) during the month of March within Santa Clara County or bordering counties."
Sierra's cellphone was also located the day after her disappearance -- in the opposite direction from the school bus stop where police believe she was headed. A massive community search effort has been underway in Morgan Hill, south of San Jose.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/05/missing-teen-sierra-lamar-teams-to-search-small-ponds-waterways.html

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2012, 01:35:01 AM »

You know, that seems like a really small car for an abduction. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2012, 08:17:30 AM »

You know, that seems like a really small car for an abduction. 

It sure does.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2012, 08:55:00 AM »

ted bundy used a VW beetle,has it been said where the jetta was found

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2012, 09:10:33 AM »

ted bundy used a VW beetle,has it been said where the jetta was found

Good point cw...no they haven't said where they found the Jetta yet.

pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »

an angelic monkey

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2012, 10:38:11 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/05/car-linked-to-sierra-lamar-disappearance-found/
Car Linked to Sierra LaMar Disappearance Found
May 8, 2012

A red Volkswagen Jetta connected to the disappearance of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar is now in custody of the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s department.

Authorities found the mid-90s four door red sedan with a black hood after releasing pictures of a similar vehicle on Monday, according to Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jose Cardoza.  However, investigators are not disclosing specifics of how they identified the car and its connection to the case.

The vehicle came to the attention of authorities after it was captured on multiple surveillance videos in the area of the missing cheerleader’s Morgan Hill, Calif., home and the area where authorities recovered the teen’s belongings. Sgt. Cardoza said investigators have been unable to recognize specific person(s) in the vehicle from the videos.

With the vehicle is in custody, authorities are asking the public to report any sightings of the vehicle and/or possible occupants at the time of the girl’s disappearance. They are interested in speaking to anyone who may have come in contact with the car or occupants  in the month of March.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2012, 10:40:25 PM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Americas-Most-Wanted-Sierra-LaMar-Feature-Airs-Tonight-151188005.html
America's Most Wanted Sierra LaMar Feature Airs Tonight
The rest of the country will learn about the case of Sierra LaMar tonight.

By Lori Preuitt
May 11, 2012

Volunteers from across the Bay Area made their way to Morgan Hill Wednesday for a weekly search for clues in the disappearance of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar.

The search center had a few extra video cameras on hand, though, thanks to a visit by the national crime show, "America's Most Wanted."
AMW has already featured the case once, but producers said they wanted to be able to air a more in-depth piece set for a Friday episode on Lifetime. (Fox no longer carries AMW).

"We wanted to get it on as quickly as we learned about it so we did just do one short story, but we felt this was a story that warranted more attention. Especially since it has gone on for so long that this child has been missing," AMW producer Jocelyn Sigue said.

AMW is spending several days gathering interviews for next week's episode. 

On Sunday they sat down with with the KlaasKids foundation and went along with the weekend search team.

On Tuesday, Sierra's father, Steve LaMar, flew to Los Angeles with AMW's famed host John Walsh.

The crew also sat down for a interview with Sierra's mother Marlene LaMar.  They will finish up the production of the piece Thursday with an interview with Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith.

Sigue said the interviews included tough questions for family members.
Photos and Videos at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2012, 10:41:47 PM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Cops-Begin-New-Search-for-Sierra-Lamar-151173585.html
Cops Begin New Search for Sierra Lamar
Authorities are tight-lipped about what they are looking for.

May 11, 2012

Authorities are conducting another search for clues in the case of a missing 15-year-old Morgan Hill girl.

The new search comes just days after investigators found what could be a key piece of evidence in Sierra LaMar's disappearance. They recovered a red sedan that was seen in the area where they believe Sierra was abducted near her home on the morning of March 16.

Santa Clara County Sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza says searchers are focusing Friday on open fields and construction sites in south Morgan Hill. He says dive teams also are combing two reservoirs in the south San Jose area.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8658551
New evidence boosts optimism in search for Sierra
May 11, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2012, 10:46:10 PM »

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/articles_from_morgan_hill/sheriff-deputies-to-search-south-morgan-hill/article_b7ee7c7b-ce49-5a50-abd8-bd162d3d2c3b.html
Sheriff deputies to search south Morgan Hill
May 11, 2012

Sheriff’s search and rescue personnel will be conducting a search effort in the area of south Morgan Hill this afternoon, according to Santa Clara County Sheriff spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza. The ground search operation will focus on open fields and construction sites and zones in south Morgan Hill.

Meanwhile, the Sheriff’s underwater search teams will resume water searches today at two reservoirs in unincorporated south San Jose. Almaden reservoir will be checked with the assistance of a water borne detection K9. Side scan sonar checks will be conducted at Guadalupe reservoir.
The sheriff’s office reported earlier this week they have recovered the 90s-model, red four-door Volkswagen Jetta with a black hood, and it’s part of the investigation into the missing teen’s kidnapping, according to Cardoza.

Several photographs of the vehicle, snapped by video surveillance cameras monitoring public and residential areas were released by the sheriff’s office this week as well.

But investigators are keeping quiet on the details of the vehicle, and Cardoza declined to say whether or not they have found evidence in or on the car that places Sierra inside it after she was kidnapped March 16.

Other information including where the car was found and when, who it is registered to, where it was photographed, and whether or not investigators have been able to gather any useful evidence from the vehicle.

Tonight at 9 p.m. on the Lifetime network, the television show “America’s Most Wanted” will air a segment on Sierra. A producer and crew from the show were in Morgan Hill in late April shooting interviews with Sierra’s parents, as well as other footage for the show.

Sierra’s father, Steve LaMar, flew to Los Angeles that week for an interview with the show’s founder and host, John Walsh.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2012, 10:47:40 PM »

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/police-suspect-car-not-linked-to-similar-kidnap-attempts/article_d508a18c-f3a6-595b-a098-5b2c494d77c5.html
Police: Suspect car not linked to similar kidnap attempts
Posted May 9, 2012, Updated May 11, 2012

There is no likely connection between the red car associated with the kidnapping of Sierra LaMar and a vehicle reported in relation to similar attempts in other communities, authorities said.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office reported earlier this week they have recovered a 90s-model, red four-door Volkswagen Jetta with a black hood, and are asking witnesses who might have seen the car in the area before, during or after March 16 to come forward and tell investigators.

The car is linked to Sierra’s disappearance by other witness statements and public video surveillance cameras, according to sheriff’s Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

Witnesses and authorities investigating two other recent attempted kidnappings of female victims reported similar-looking vehicles driven by the suspects. Those incidents happened in San Jose and Walnut Creek, but Cardoza said “at this time” there is no apparent link with Sierra’s case or the car allegedly used in her kidnapping.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2012, 09:12:55 AM »

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4125
Red Jetta Still the Focus of Sierra Lamar Investigation
By: Brian Shields
May 14, 2012

MORGAN HILL (KRON) -- Forensic experts continue to scour a red Volkswagon Jetta with a black hood named as an important clue in the search for missing teenager Sierra Lamar.

Now KRON 4 News has learned authorities had the car in question in impound even before they put out an alert asking for the public's held in finding it.

"This red Jetta was known to investigators early on in the investigation at the end of March," Santa Clara County Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza tells KRON 4's Terisa Estacio.  "There are other vehicles that we knew of at the time that were seen by a witness or the surveillance video that we obtained that were also in the area.  It wasn't until recently, the last couple of weeks based on some re-interviews and some tips and leads that came in that really piqued the detectives' interest.  They believed this red Jetta was associated."
Video at Link

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2012, 12:50:42 PM »

I have the feeling finding a car and still a missing Sierra means really bad things if this is a car she was last in.   I sure wish we knew who this car belonged too.  Maybe I can go check out Topix in that area and see what the gossip is....
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2012, 01:10:39 PM »

This article clearly states that there is no connection between Sierra's case and this one but you never know!  Wonder what he drives...

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/missing-youth-found-with-captor-in-san-jose
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2012, 06:25:43 PM »

What vehicles have a connection to Marlene, Steve and the elusive Rick.  In the process of elimination ... were respective vehicles siezed.  Were vehicles forensically search?  Were poiice canine used in vehicle searches?

Could it be that no vehicles with a connection to Marlene, Steve and the elusive Rick were seized?  Could it be that those closest to Sierra were afforded passes as persons of interest.

NOBODY other than Marlene ... possibly the elusive Rick ... has stated that Sierra was alive and well on the Morning of March 16th and .... NOBODY has come forward and stated that Sierra was observed leaving the home.

Janet

++++

Search for Sierra Lamar to Mark Two-Month Anniversary of Her Disappearance 
Wed, 16 May 2012 07:56:30 -0800

MORGAN HILL (KRON)--Friends and family of missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar are marking the two-month anniversary of her disappearance Wednesday with another  search.

Police say Sierra, 15, disappeared after she left home to go to school the morning of March 16.

<snipped>

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4141

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2012, 05:32:07 PM »

Search Tactics For Missing Morgan Hill Teen Gain International Attention

MORGAN HILL (KCBS)— Volunteer searchers are back out in Morgan Hill this Saturday looking for clues in the disappearance of Sierra LaMar. The two-month old case and some of its high-tech methods is now getting worldwide attention, including coverage from the BBC.

BBC reporter Matt Danzico said, from the command center, that the technological ways the family is searching for the missing 15-year-old is what interests them.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/05/19/search-tactics-for-missing-morgan-hill-teen-gain-international-attention/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.