April 25, 2024, 06:21:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sierra Lamar #2 4/21/12 -  (Read 394821 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2012, 06:51:26 PM »

'Most Wanted' generates leads in Sierra Lamar search

Published on May 15, 2012 by ksbwtv
After Sierra Lamar's story aired on "America's Most Wanted" solid leads came to light, investigators said.

http://youtu.be/6lK2xUvhft8

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2012, 07:12:40 PM »

I missed the America's Most Wanted Episode on Sierra Lamar, I tried to watch it online today but wasn't able to view it in my area...not sure why.  Frustrating!

I found where someone put at least part of it on Youtube.

http://youtu.be/iKqmQXsgxQE

It starts at about 1:20.

Not the best quality, but I was glad to be able to see at least this much of the show.

I wish they'd find her.   Sad

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2012, 09:40:40 AM »

I missed the America's Most Wanted Episode on Sierra Lamar, I tried to watch it online today but wasn't able to view it in my area...not sure why.  Frustrating!

I found where someone put at least part of it on Youtube.

http://youtu.be/iKqmQXsgxQE

It starts at about 1:20.

Not the best quality, but I was glad to be able to see at least this much of the show.

I wish they'd find her.   Sad
I missed it too texasmom.  I am glad solid leads came from the program.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »

Search continues Wednesday

Holiday weekend search called off

Volunteers and the family of Sierra LaMar will not conduct a search for the missing teen Saturday, which kicks off the Memorial Day holiday weekend.

::snipping2::

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/crime_fire_courts/search_for_sierra/search-continues-wednesday/article_3f4709f2-a3ab-11e1-9fc3-0019bb30f31a.html
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2012, 01:30:42 AM »

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/suspect-taken-custody-sierra-la-mar-case/nPBX3/

Suspect taken into custody in Sierra La Mar case

KTVU.com

MORGAN HILL, Calif. —

A 21-year-old suspect was taken into custody Monday in connection with the disappearance of Morgan Hill teen Sierra La Mar, according to authorities.

KTVU confirmed Monday evening that Santa Clara sheriff's deputies were holding 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres in custody as a suspect in the case.

Garcia-Torres, a resident of San Martin, is the owner of the red VW Jetta that authorities sought and seized in connection with the case on May 8th.

Sources said there is some DNA evidence linking Garcia-Torres to the clothing found in Sierra La Mar's backpack.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2012, 01:32:52 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/PollyDad

Marc Klaas ‏@PollyDad

Arrest made in Sierra LaMar case. 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres faces murder charges. http://fb.me/1DQsxuVSp

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2012, 02:23:50 AM »

Authorities announce arrest in Sierra LaMar disappearance
Posted:   05/21/2012 10:12:11 PM PDT
Updated:   05/21/2012 11:13:44 PM PDT

Santa Clara investigators announced they are seeking murder and kidnapping charges against a 21-year-old Morgan Hill man arrested Monday evening in connection with the disappearance of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar, who was last seen on March 16.

"Detectives believe (Antolin) Garcia-Torres is responsible for Sierra LaMar's disappearance," states a news release.

It says Garcia-Torres was booked into Santa Clara County Jail on one count of murder and one count of kidnapping.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office previously announced that a red Volkswagen Jetta may be connected to the case, and according to KTVU-2, Garcia-Torres is the owner of the car, which was seized on May 8.

KTVU reports that Garcia-Torres was arrested around 6 p.m. at a Safeway store on Tenant Avenue in Morgan Hill, where he worked.

<snipped>

http://**/crime-courts/ci_20677622/arrest-sierra-lamar-disappearance

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2012, 02:29:41 AM »

Murder arrest made in Sierra LaMar case
Monday, May 21, 2012

A suspect has been taken into custody in connection with the disappearance of Sierra LaMar, the 15-year-old South Bay girl who has been missing since March, authorities said Monday.

Antolin Garcia-Torres, 21, of San Martin was booked at Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of murder and kidnapping, said sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza. He would not elaborate, but in announcing the murder arrest investigators have all but confirmed that Sierra is dead.

Garcia-Torres owns a red Volkswagen Jetta seized by sheriff's investigators looking into Sierra's disappearance, KTVU-TV reported, citing sources close to the investigation.

Sheriff's officials declined comment Monday night and a news conference was scheduled for Tuesday morning. Relatives of Sierra were to be there.

In a statement, Cardoza said, "Detectives believe Garcia-Torres is responsible for Sierra LaMar's disappearance."

The suspect attended Central High School in Morgan Hill and does not have a serious criminal history except for a 2009 arrest for resisting arrest, the television station reported. He had worked at a Safeway store on Tennant Avenue in Morgan Hill where he was arrested at about 6 p.m.

On May 7, sheriff's investigators released a photograph of a red VW Jetta and asked the public if anyone had seen the car around the time Sierra disappeared on March 16. A day later, authorities acknowledged that they already had the car in custody but were still seeking tips.

Cardoza has said that investigators had focused on the car because of witnesses' descriptions and from viewing surveillance video from homes, businesses and buses in Sierra's neighborhood.

The Jetta was seen in the general area of where Sierra lives near Morgan Hill and where her belongings were found after she vanished, Cardoza said.

Her mother, Marlene LaMar, said she last saw Sierra at home about 6 a.m. March 16 before the girl was to leave to catch a bus to school at nearby Palm and Dougherty avenues.

A day later, search teams found her cell phone off the side of the road near Santa Teresa Boulevard and Scheller Avenue, in the opposite direction of the bus stop. The day after that, they found her Juicy Couture-brand purse near Santa Teresa and Laguna Avenue, a short distance from where her phone was found.

Inside were a neatly folded pair of pants, undergarments and a gray San Jose Sharks sweatshirt her family believes she may have been wearing the day she disappeared. DNA evidence found on the clothing linked Garcia-Torres to the case, KTVU reported.

Also found near the bag were Sierra's schoolbooks, Sheriff Laurie Smith said. The purse and books were "wedged between a building and big cactus" or bush, Smith said.

"Hopefully it will bring us closer to Sierra," said Marc Klaas, who heads the KlaasKids Foundation and has organized numerous searches for Sierra.

"What they've said is they've made an arrest, but they haven't said whether they've recovered Sierra," said Klaas, whose 12-year-old daughter, Polly, was kidnapped and killed by career criminal Richard Allen Davis in 1993. "We should be cautious because we don't have proof one way or another" as to whether Sierra is alive, he said.

<snipped>

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/05/21/BAGC1OLIUT.DTL&tsp=1

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2012, 02:34:56 AM »

Man Arrested in Case of Missing Calif. Teen
MORGAN HILL, Calif. May 22, 2012 (AP)

Authorities arrested a man Monday evening in the abduction of a Northern California teenager who has been missing for more than two months.

Antolin Garcia-Torres was responsible for 15-year-old Sierra LaMar's disappearance and has been booked into the Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of murder and kidnapping, sheriff's officials said.

Sierra hasn't been seen or heard from since she left her home in Morgan Hill to go to school on the morning of March 16. Authorities believe the high school sophomore was kidnapped while walking to a school bus stop.

Garcia-Torres, 21, was arrested at the Safeway store in Morgan Hill where he worked at around 6 p.m., KTVU-TV reported.

Santa Clara County Sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza declined to offer any additional details on the arrest or Garcia-Torres' relationship to Sierra but said more information will be provided at a news conference Tuesday morning.
Volunteers and sheriff's officials have continuously searched the fields, open spaces and reservoirs near Morgan Hill since her disappearance. The KlaasKids Foundation, founded by Marc Klaas, whose 12-year-old daughter Polly was kidnapped from her Petaluma home and murdered in 1993, has been organizing volunteer searches on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Investigators found Sierra's handbag with clothing and a cellphone along the side of the road near her home on March 17, the day after Sierra's mother reported her missing.

Earlier this month, investigators located a red Volkswagen Jetta they said may have been connected to Sierra's abduction given that surveillance cameras and witnesses put the car near the area where authorities believe she disappeared.

Sheriff's officials have released few details about leads in the case, including what, if any, evidence they found in the car.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-arrested-case-missing-calif-teen-16401392

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2012, 02:36:20 AM »

ospainter

Thank you for the heads up regarding the developments in the Sierra Lamar case.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2012, 02:54:02 AM »

Man arrested in connection to Sierra LaMar's disappearance
11:05 PM, May 21, 2012

MORGAN HILL, CA (AP) - Authorities say they have arrested a man in the disappearance of a Northern California teenager more than two months ago.

Santa Clara County Sheriff's identified the suspect as 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres. He was arrested late Monday at a Safeway store in Morgan Hill, and authorities say he is responsible for 15-year-old Sierra LaMar's disappearance.

Sierra hasn't been seen or heard from since she left her home in Morgan Hill to go to school on the morning of March 16. Authorities believe she was kidnapped while walking to a school bus stop.

<snipped>

Garcia-Torres was arrested on suspicion of murder and kidnapping.

<snipped>

http://www.news10.net/news/california/article/193973/430/Man-arrested-in-connection-to-Sierra-LaMars-disappearance

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2012, 03:01:47 AM »

21-year-old man arrested in case of missing California teen
Published May 22, 2012

MORGAN HILL, Calif –  A 21-year-old man has been arrested and booked on suspicion of murder and kidnapping in the case of a missing California teen, Fox affiliate KTVU reports. 

21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres was arrested late Monday in the case of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar, who vanished March 16 from Morgan Hill. KTVU reports Garcia-Torres was arrested at the Safeway store in Morgan Hill where he is an employee.

Garcia-Torres, a resident of nearby San Martin, is the owner of the red Jetta that authorities seized on May 8th in connection with the case. A source tells KTVU authorities found DNA evidence that links Garcia-Torres to clothing found in the missing girl's backpack, which was recovered after she vanished.

Authorities told KTVU Garcia-Torres had been under 24-hour surveillance since he was identified as a possible suspect at both his home and at the Safeway store. A source tells the station Garcia-Torres was questioned for over two hours Monday.

Authorities say they will release more details at a press conference Tuesday

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/22/21-year-old-man-arrested-in-case-missing-california-teen/

_____

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2012, 03:19:09 AM »

Thank goodness they got him, was hoping for a happy ending.  So sick of these heart-less creeps.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2012, 04:34:56 AM »

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/05/21/arrest-made-in-disappearance-of-sierra-lamar/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2012, 05:40:55 AM »

Thanks Nutt for the update. May he 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »

Good Morning

Thank you, for all the updates.

Was praying for a different ending!
May God be with Sierra's family at this time!  an angelic monkey

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2012, 07:24:49 AM »

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2012, 07:37:02 AM »

INMATE INFORMATION

PFN: DZK109
First Name: ANTOLIN
Middle Name: TORRES
Last Name: GARCIA
CEN: 12022749
Housing Facility: DOC INTAKE
Sex: M
Bail Amount: No Bail Allowed
Booking Date: 05/21/2012

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/update-sierra-lamar-disappearance-antolin-garcia-torres-taken-into-custody-for-her-murder-and-kidnapping/

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2012, 08:28:45 AM »

Appears to be Antolin's Myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/303044008

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2012, 08:41:48 AM »

I'm not sure how to embed a video so here is a link to him being arrested.  He is very smug and cocky it appears to me.

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/raw-video-sierra-la-mar-suspect-antolin-garcia/vHPHb/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.