March 29, 2024, 03:14:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sierra Lamar #2 4/21/12 -  (Read 391115 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »

http://**/localnews/ci_20442181/another-daylong-sierra-lamar-search-scheduled-this-weekend
Another daylong Sierra LaMar search scheduled for this weekend
April 21, 2012

Specialized search and rescue teams skilled at navigating rough terrain will conduct a daylong search Saturday in southern Santa Clara County for missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office said it will lead a "refined" search of areas of Morgan Hill, San Martin and Gilroy, beginning at 9 a.m. and lasting until sunset.

Sheriff's deputies have previously checked the hills and rural areas on dirt bikes and all-terrain vehicles.

"This time they will be having foot searches, climbing some of these rough areas," said Sgt. Jose Cardoza of the sheriff's office.

So far, the search efforts have expanded to no more than 12 miles radius of where Sierra was last seen at her home in Morgan Hill, Cardoza said.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office will be assisted by search and rescue teams from the San Mateo County, Monterey County, Santa Cruz County, and Marin County sheriff's offices.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 11:04:47 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8630796
Sierra LaMar posters posted in BART cars
April 21, 2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 11:06:31 AM »

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/volunteers-search-rough-terrain-looking-sierra-lam/nMfWF/
Volunteers search rough terrain looking for Sierra LaMar
April 21, 2012

MORGAN HILL, Calif. —

Volunteers fanned out in Santa Clara Saturday in another search for missing Morgan Hill teen, Sierra LaMar.

Peggy Thompson of the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office sloshed through Coyote Creek trying to catch a scent, hoping to turn up new clues in the search for LaMar.

"We've had a lot of poison oak, ticks," Thompson said. "They've seen three rattlesnakes already today."

They joined more than 100 search and rescue team members from around the bay.

Their mission was to hit hard to reach areas like hillsides and rock formations between Morgan Hill and Gilroy.

"We have searched in past, but didn't focus too much on areas outside the flatlands," said Sgt. Jose Cardoza, of Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office.

At the volunteer center, more than 80 first timers joined many more returning volunteers.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 11:09:10 AM »

Talk about mixed messages!  What in the heck does Cardoza mean?  You know the Koenig case was actually a kidnapping with ransom and the public was never made aware!  Cardoza is definitely saying two different things but is it to keep us/kidnappers/killers in the dark while they are getting close to solving or just blowing smoke!!!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 06:09:51 PM »

Here's the photo in question:

6:29 AM TWEET

16 Mar  Sierra LaMar ‏ @cccairuh
When I see Her my inner black girl comes out

6:29 AM - 16 Mar 12 via web

https://twitter.com/#!/cccairuh

Investigators find bag belonging to Sierra LaMar
Friday, March 23, 2012

<snipped>

Sheriff Laurie Smith says her office is working with several known facts about Sierra's sudden disappearance Friday morning. The 15-year-old sent out a tweet from her home computer at 6:29 that morning. It was learned Thursday that she sent a text from her cellphone to a friend at 7:11 a.m

<snipped>

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8591051

Investigators scour north Morgan Hill for Sierra LaMar leads
Saturday, March 24, 2012 10:59 am

<snipped>

LaMar was at home at 6 a.m., when her mother and mother’s boyfriend left the home, and her Twitter account shows her last “tweet” was posted at 6:29 a.m. from the home. Police have also noted that LaMar sent a text message from her cell phone, while she was at home, at 7:11 a.m. the day she was reported missing.

<snipped>

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/investigators-scour-north-morgan-hill-for-sierra-lamar-leads/article_c7e54d4c-2fe9-5ea9-a628-14bcf0c52a4c.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 06:33:25 PM »

Considering I have not yet bowed in regards to a cell phone and ... considering I do not have asthma ... I do not have a clue whether Sierra would have taken a charger and an inhaler to school each day.

Could it be that the charger and inhaler left in the home imply that the Juicy bag was a plant ... a plant to give the impression that Sierra was alive on the morning of March 16th.

Janet

+++++

Sierra Lamar: Friends, Family Hold Vigil For Missing California Teen
March 24, 2012

<snipped>

Investigators found Sierra's cell phone on the side of a road in the opposite direction of her bus stop a day after her disappearance. The charger for the teen's cell phone was found in her room at home, and the phone looked as if it had been tossed.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sierra-lamar-search-missing-california-teen-ramps/story?id=15992967#.T25MZGES2Qw

Missing Teen May Have Been Wearing Clothes Found Inside Discarded Purse 
Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:29:46 -0800

<snipped>

"I still have hope, I'm still worried as each day progresses. The fact it was in a different location gives me some hope she's fighting still," Lamar said. "I get worried because it's freezing, freezing cold out and I get worried about her getting cold and I get worried about her as far as needing her inhalers."

<snipped>

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3528

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 09:53:39 PM »

Considering I have not yet bowed in regards to a cell phone and ... considering I do not have asthma ... I do not have a clue whether Sierra would have taken a charger and an inhaler to school each day.

Could it be that the charger and inhaler left in the home imply that the Juicy bag was a plant ... a plant to give the impression that Sierra was alive on the morning of March 16th.

Janet

+++++

Sierra Lamar: Friends, Family Hold Vigil For Missing California Teen
March 24, 2012

<snipped>

Investigators found Sierra's cell phone on the side of a road in the opposite direction of her bus stop a day after her disappearance. The charger for the teen's cell phone was found in her room at home, and the phone looked as if it had been tossed.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sierra-lamar-search-missing-california-teen-ramps/story?id=15992967#.T25MZGES2Qw

Missing Teen May Have Been Wearing Clothes Found Inside Discarded Purse 
Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:29:46 -0800

<snipped>

"I still have hope, I'm still worried as each day progresses. The fact it was in a different location gives me some hope she's fighting still," Lamar said. "I get worried because it's freezing, freezing cold out and I get worried about her getting cold and I get worried about her as far as needing her inhalers."

<snipped>

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3528

I have a teenager with asthma - he never took his charger for his cell unless he was going to be gone for the night and he only took his inhaler if he was having problems. I know some people carry them all the time, but he did not have severe asthma so he only did when he was having problems. Most schools will not allow the kids to carry them unless they have a doc note saying they must have them. Mom, in this case, seems to be pretty lazy - not sure she would have gone and gotten the note to allow SL to have it with her in school.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 10:07:52 PM »

Thanks theboyzmom.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 01:34:05 AM »

With video

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-Lamars-Parent-Get-Help-Support-From-Those-Who-Know-148585585.html

Sierra Lamar's Parents Get Help, Support From Those Who Know

Families who lost loved ones in the past come forward to offer support and expertise to Sierra LaMar's parents.

By Marianne Favro |  Monday, Apr 23, 2012  |  Updated 8:12 PM PDT

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 04:34:23 PM »

Wyks last two posts from the previous thread   

Bothering me the most:

Looking at Sierra's tumblr account, it seems to me that there is an overall sense of sadness, preoccupation with sex, drugs, alcohol, etc... and not being 'heard', not being 'paid attention to', not 'believed', not 'cared for'.  Pics and words describing disappearing with no one caring until perhaps afterward.  All of that disturbing to me, in light of Sierra's having seemingly gone missing now.

I realize she is 15, a hard age for many.  And realize as well that much can be posted online that isn't a reality in one's own life, but just to fit in with others, and etc.   I also realize that SM sites can be used by teens and others alike to describe in pics etc what one truly feels, but cannot for whatever reason, put into words at home and/or with someone they love and trust. 

And then there are Sierra's angry tweets on Thursday night.  Would love to know what (if anything) was going on in her life that last night, which may have led to such angry tweets.  Were those angry tweets in Sierra's own words?  Reflecting her own thoughts/feelings?  Or were they just more lyrics to songs kids her age listen to?  Just some thoughts rolling around in my mind. 

And that posted before I was ready.  lol  Not liking this laptop, it has a mind of it's own! 

Adding to my previous post of what is bothering me the most...

And finally, I'd like to hear some explanation, or an attempt, by Sierra's mother for the difference between Sierra's tumblr account, her 'angry' tweets the night before she went missing.... and... Sierra's mom's own words that "everything is good".  Quite a discrepancy there, IMO. 

Wyks, I am 'friends' with many of my nieces and nephews on facebook.  I have a lot of them, kids I call nieces and nephews are really 5th cousins.  There are times I will question a child about something they posted.  It appears they are distraught, etc.  I ask them, what is wrong, next thing I know, I get a lol, Aunt Bearly, that is the name of a movie or lyrics to a song, etc.  I will never stop asking, I was glad to be there for nieces of mine (they are my girlfriend's kids--see what I mean about a lot of relatives not closely related?).  They came to me, rather than went to kids their age and told me things that were on their minds, they knew I would be cool enough about things (not their parent), but not cool enough to let them do anything that would get them in trouble or be dangerous (not their peer, either). 

My son's first teacher told me that it was important, since no one can do it all, to have someone (or more) that were able to step in and do things that I could not.  Some kids don't have that.  How can we really tell what is a movie title or song phrase unless we ask them?  Singing about them hurting, hurting themselves and/or others is part of so many things they see/hear.  Even if it is merely part of a song, why are they singing it so much?  How can anyone know what she was thinking unless she had an adult she trusted that communicated with her? 

It is so very hard to have a relationship and children at the same time, especially now when our families live so far from each other.  Who was there for Sierra?  That is who will know.  When she moved, was she separated from her 'safe' person/people?  I am talking about a friend's Mom or another adult that is not responsible for her, but that has good sense and she can talk to.  My Grandparents and several of my friend's parents were there for me.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 03:58:59 PM »

What about the elusive Rick Gardiner who lived under the same roof as the missing Sierra Lamar?

Janet

++++++

America's Most Wanted to Feature Sierra LaMar
Wednesday, Apr 25, 2012  |  Updated 12:31 PM PDT

AMW has already featured the case once, but producers said they wanted to be able to air a more in-depth piece set for next Friday's episode on Lifetime. (Fox no longer carries AMW).

"We wanted to get it on as quickly as we learned about it so we did just do one short story, but we felt this was a story that warranted more attention. Especially since it has gone on for so long that this child has been missing," AMW producer Jocelyn Sigue said.

AMW is spending several days gathering interviews for next week's episode.

On Sunday they sat down with with the KlaasKids foundation and went along with the weekend search team.

On Tuesday, Sierra's father, Steve LaMar, flew to Los Angeles with AMW's famed host Bill Walsh.

The crew also sat down for a interview with Sierra's mother Marlene LaMar.  They will finish up the production of the piece Thursday with an interview with Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith

The crew also sat down for a interview with Sierra's mother Marlene LaMar.  They will finish up the production of the piece Thursday with an interview with Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith.

Sigue said the interviews included tough questions for family members.

"We know that typically when a child goes missing it’s someone who is close to them who is responsible, so we want to make sure like every other news organization that we have all the information we can put out there and gather to help find Sierra," Sigue said.

<snipped>

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Americas-Most-Wanted-to-Feature-Sierra-LaMar-148923435.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 04:27:57 PM »

Will the simple questions for which there has yet to be no simple answers be presented to the guests of the upcoming AMW show  ... simple answers that have ability to life the veil of suspicion from those closest to Sierra Lamar.

Considering Sierra's tweets that imply a very angry/sad young lady ... what if Sierra met her demise prior to the dawning of March 16th following an out-of-control confrontation with her mother?  What if Marlene  is not being truthful regarding a 6:00 AM contact with her daughter ... a 6:00 AM contact that implied that Sierra was alive and well?

Considering Marlene's distancing of both Steve and the elusive Rick from suspicion in afforded NG interviews  ... what if ... out of a misguided sense of love ... the ex-husband and the elusive boyfriend became participants in a cover up ... a cover up that involved an electronic staging that deceptively gave the impression that Sierra was alive and well at 6:29 AM and 7:11 AM ... a coverup that involved the planting of a cell phone and a Juicy bag to indicate a kidnapping ... a Juicy bag which was neatly packed by Marlene  prior to her 6:00 AM departure from the home to embark on a 40 mile commute to Fremont where an ex-husband resides ... an ex-husband with whom Marlene Lamar has retained a close relationship?

Justice for Sierra demands that ALL avenues of investigation are travelled.  Embracing only the words of those closest to Sierra as the gospel truth is a betrayal to those who prayerfully and monetarily support the search effort ... a betrayal to all the volunteer searchers ... a betrayal to each California taxpayer ... a betrayal to all those who sacrificially donate their hard earned bucks to provide a "safe return" reward fund and ... ABOVE ALL ... a betrayal of Sierra Lamar.

Could it be that that 1 1/2 months later ... the time has come for FBI intervention?

Janet

+++++

Simple Questions - No Simple Answers

In the process of elimination ... in the pursuit of truth ... in the pursuit of justice ...

1.  Did Marlene, Steve and the elusive Rick submit to and pass polygraphs regarding  knowledge/actions/whereabouts in the 24 hour period prior to the March 16th 6:30 PM electronic communication that Sierra's mother received from the school?

2.  Were vehicles belonging to Marlene, the elusive Rick and Steve siezed and forensically tested?  Were cadaver canine utilized?

3.  Were residences and properties with a connection to Marlene, the elusive Rick and Steve considered crime scenes and searched accordingly?

4.  Were cell phone records of Marlene, the elusive Rick and Steve requested and obtained?

5.  Were computer hard drives associated with Marlene, the elusive Rick and Steve analyzed?

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 06:08:54 PM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-School-Districts-Alert-Parents-Earlier-When-Children-Absent-148680555.html
Sierra LaMar: School Districts Alert Parents Earlier When Children Absent
In the wake of Sierra LaMar's disappearance, schools notifiy parents earlier about absences.

By Lisa Fernandez
April 24, 2012

In the wake of a high-profile missing teenager case, the Morgan Hill Unified School District this week started telling parents in the morning, as well as the evening, if their children don't show up to class, according to the Mercury News.

The district's automatic calling system will notify parents of any unexcused absences at 10:30 a.m., according to the newspaper, in addition to the previous 6 p.m. notification.
*See copy of superintendents letter at clickable link in article

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 10:47:55 PM »

http://**/crime-courts/ci_20499864/reward-be-increased-sierra-lamar-case

Reward to be increased in Sierra LaMar case as searches continue
Posted:   04/27/2012 06:36:58 PM PDT
April 28, 2012 2:12 AM GMTUpdated:   04/27/2012 07:12:40 PM PDT

As volunteers resume their search for Sierra LaMar Saturday, the father of the missing Morgan Hill teenager will announce a larger reward for information leading to her discovery.

Officials would not say how much they will be offering for a reward, which had previously been set at $10,000 after community donations began pouring in. Steve LaMar will announce the new reward figure at 9:30 a.m. Saturday in Morgan Hill before local residents resume their latest search.

The searches, which are not affiliated with police, will last from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Wednesday.  ::snipping2::
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2012, 11:50:10 AM »

When the extensive water and land searches are considered ... the implication is that the search efforts are intended to locate the remains of Sierra Lamar.   I hope that the redeemable condition of the increased reward does not stipulate the "safe return" of this young lady.

Janet

+++++

Sierra LaMar’s Family To Raise Reward As Search Continues
April 27, 2012 9:55 PM

MORGAN HILL (CBS SF) — The family of a Morgan Hill teen who has been missing for more than a month plans to increase the reward being offered for her safe return.

Steve LaMar, the father of Sierra LaMar, plans to announce the increase Saturday morning, according to the KlaasKids Foundation, which is helping organize volunteers searching for the missing girl.

The reward, first offered April 7, is currently set at $10,000.

<snipped>

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;topic=13003.20;num_replies=33

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 02:12:56 PM »

The announcement?  Has it happened?  9:30 AM PT has come and gone.

Janet

+++++

Reward to be increased in Sierra LaMar case as searches continue
04/28/2012 08:20:02 AM PDT

As volunteers resume their search for Sierra LaMar on Saturday, the father of the missing Morgan Hill teenager will announce a larger reward for information leading to her discovery.

Officials would not say how much they will be offering for a reward, which had previously been set at $10,000 after community donations began pouring in. Steve LaMar will announce the new reward figure at 9:30 a.m. Saturday in Morgan Hill before local residents resume their latest search.

The searches, which are not affiliated with police, will last from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Wednesday. Volunteers must be at least 18 and only need to bring a photo ID to the registration center at Burnett Elementary School on 85 Tilton Ave. in Morgan Hill.

<snipped>

http://**-town/ci_20499865/reward-be-increased-sierra-lamar-case

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 04:24:02 PM »

What happened in regards to the planned announcement by Steve Lamar?

Janet

++++

Sierra Lamar's Family Increases Reward
Saturday, Apr 28, 2012  |  Updated 12:41 PM PDT

The family of a Morgan Hill teen who has been missing for more than a month plans to increase the reward being offered for her safe return.

Steve LaMar, the father of Sierra LaMar, planned to announce the increase Saturday morning, according to the KlaasKids Foundation, which is helping organize volunteers searching for the missing girl.

<snipped>

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-Lamars-Family-Increases-Reward-149369435.html

_____

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 04:37:12 PM »

What happened in regards to the planned announcement by Steve Lamar?

Janet

++++

Sierra Lamar's Family Increases Reward
Saturday, Apr 28, 2012  |  Updated 12:41 PM PDT

The family of a Morgan Hill teen who has been missing for more than a month plans to increase the reward being offered for her safe return.

Steve LaMar, the father of Sierra LaMar, planned to announce the increase Saturday morning, according to the KlaasKids Foundation, which is helping organize volunteers searching for the missing girl.

<snipped>

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-Lamars-Family-Increases-Reward-149369435.html

$25,000

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9299260&l=76dee8e5c8&id=111757864481
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »

Thanks Buckeye

One day I may bow and join Facebook.  Then again ... I may not.  If I spend one more minute than I already do on the computer ... my 45 year marriage would be history.

Janet

++++

Search for Sierra: Reward Increased to $25,000
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 12:16 PM PDT
Updated: Apr 28, 2012 12:17 PM PDT

Morgan Hill, Calif.- The reward to find a missing teen from Morgan Hill increased to $25,000 today.

<snipped>

Today 150 volunteers are searching the area for her.

The next search is scheduled for Wednesday.

The previous reward for Sierra's safe recovery was $10,000.

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/17894226/search-for-sierra-reward-increased-to-25000

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2012, 05:05:55 PM »

A dog and pony show!!  The extensive water and land searches imply that the official and volunteer searches are all about locating a deceased Sierra.

Where is the incentive for a witness who up until now has chosen to remain silent/elusive ... for someone who has knowledge and/or ... for someone who was involved to a lesser capacity in wrongdoing regarding the happenings encompassing the disappearing of Sierra ... to step forward with the truth.  A plea deal in exchange for the truth may imply immunity from prosecution.

IMO

Janet

+++++

Reward for Sierra’s return raised to $25,000
Updated: 12:15 pm, Sat Apr 28, 2012

The family of Sierra LaMar increased the reward for information leading to the missing Morgan Hill teen’s safe return home.

“As a result of some generous contributions and ongoing fundraising, including a large anonymous contribution, we are able to increase the reward to $25,000,” announced Steve LaMar, Sierra’s father, at a press conference at Burnett Elementary School Saturday.

<snipped>

http://www.sanbenitocountytoday.com/articles_from_morgan_hill/reward-for-sierra-s-return-raised-to/article_3a20908f-ce2f-5334-9a16-94064d39f7a3.html

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.