March 28, 2024, 07:23:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sierra Lamar #2 4/21/12 -  (Read 391023 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #480 on: November 04, 2012, 11:22:17 AM »

Justice for Sierra!  

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:54:30 PM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: November 04, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/articles_from_morgan_hill/hearing-continued-for-sierra-lamar-murder-suspect/article_80bc8b2e-9c4d-5c59-8327-90c7afbaaee7.html

Hearing continued for Sierra LaMar murder suspect
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:50 pm | Updated: 5:20 pm, Tue Oct 30, 2012

Antolin Garcia Torres, the Morgan Hill man accused of kidnapping and murdering Sierra LaMar, again waived his right to appear in court Tuesday.

Garcia Torres’ hearing for Tuesday afternoon was postponed to Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the Hall of Justice in San Jose.
 ::snipping2::
(subscription required to read entire article)

what does he think?  folks will forget?  NOT!
 ::justice2NJ::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: November 04, 2012, 12:29:59 PM »

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: November 04, 2012, 12:43:14 PM »

http://campbell.patch.com/articles/sierra-lamar-homicide-suspect-charged-with-murder-arraignment-postponed-14d8eabf#photo-10052438

Sierra LaMar Homicide Suspect Charged With Murder, Arraignment Postponed

No plea entered and no bail set for Antolin Garcia-Torres, who was formally charged with murder Thursday afternoon by the Santa Clara County District Attorney.
By Sheila Sanchez and Genevieve Bookwalter

Email the authors

May 24, 2012

Garcia-Torres was arrested Monday evening at 9:20 p.m. at Tennant Avenue and Monterey Road in Morgan Hill by Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputies in connection to the March 16 disappereance of 15-year-old Sierra.

Court records obtained by Patch Tuesday reveal Garcia-Torres had his run-ins with public safety authorities in Morgan Hill and the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office prior to his arrest Monday.

He was convicted of two misdemeanor crimes in 2009 and was arrested June 16, 2010 for felony battery and unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor between Oct. 1, 2009 and June 9, 2010.

Morgan Hill police are also linking him to at least one of three assaults on women committed during a seven-day period outside two Safeway stores in their city in March of 2009.

Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith held a news conference Tuesday morning to announce that Garcia-Torres was their main suspect in the case and that DNA evidence discovered on Sierra’s purse and clothing, found off the side of the road about a mile northwest of her home days after she was reported missing, linked Garcia-Torres to the crime and that her DNA was also found in the suspect’s vehicle—a red, mid-1990s Volkswagen Jetta

Garcia-Torres' arrest followed more than two months of searches for the girl to no availa. Her body remains missing, but authorities say they have positively linked him through DNA evidence to her murder.

Near the front steps of the Hall of Justice a small group of Sierra supporters chanted, "Sierra, we love you." One held a placard that read, "Where is she?"

Garcia-Torres lived about seven miles from Sierra's home and drove a 1998 Volkswagon Jetta and criminalists located DNA foreign to Garcia Torres within the car and found "a strong association between that foreign DNA and the DNA profile of Sierra LaMar," the statement added.

Since March 28, Garcia Torres had been under surveillance "and he has not led investigators to Sierra's location ... There is no evidence that Antolin Garcia-Torres and Sierra LaMar knew each other, or had friends in common. The evidence establishes probable cause to believe that Sierra LaMar was forcibly kidnapped and murdered by Antolin Garcia Torres," the statement continued.

Rosen said the investigation into Sierra's disappereance is continuing and authorities are "carefully and painstakingly going through all of the evidence that we have thus far.

"We will do everything in our power to seek the truth and to seek justice for Sierra LaMar," Rosen said.

A placard with a large photo of missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar is held up high outside the front steps of the San Jose Hall of Justice Thursday afternoon, May 24, 2012.  The suspect in her murder, Antolin Garcia-Torres is being held without bail and will appear in court again at 2 p.m., May 31 for his arraignment.
Credit: Sheila Sanchez

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #484 on: November 05, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »

Thanks  texasmom for these updates!
 ::justice2NJ::

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: November 16, 2012, 03:41:58 PM »

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2012/11/sierra_lamar_antolin_garcia_torress_three_safeway.php

Sierra LaMar Murder Suspect, Antolin Garcia-Torres, Accused of Attempted Kidnappings in 2009
Nov. 14 2012 at 3:04 PM

The man who allegedly kidnapped and murdered 15-year-old Sierra LaMar has now been accused of three other attempted kidnappings from three years ago.

Media outlets are reporting that 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres was charged on Tuesday in connection to incidents on March 19 and March 26, 2009, when three women reported being assaulted by a man in Morgan Hill Safeway parking lots.
At the time of his arrest, Garcia-Torres was working at the Safeway on Tennant Ave. Although he was 17 at the time of the three other crimes, the District Attorney's Office says they have permission to charge him as an adult.

He will be be arraigned on the new charges on Dec. 10.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: November 16, 2012, 07:00:18 PM »

Video at link
"Link to new charges:  Attempted kidnapping March 19, 2009, stun gun connection, Safeway purchases"

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Report-Fingerprints-On-Stun-Gun-Belong-To-Sierra-Lamar-Suspect-179702321.html

Fingerprints On Stun Gun Belong To Sierra Lamar Suspect
Friday, Nov 16, 2012  |  Updated 2:21 PM PST

Morgan Hill police reports obtained by NBC Bay Area on Friday reveal new details in the case against the 21-year-old Morgan Hill man charged with kidnapping and killing teenager, Sierra Lamar, more than seven months ago.

Most revealing: An expert conclusion that a fingerprint found on the battery pack of a stun gun used in a March 2009 Safeway attempted kidnapping in Morgan Hill matched the left thumb print of  Antolin Garcia Torres.

"The latent print was recovered by the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office Fingerprint Identification Services who ultimately matched the latent print to the left thumb of Antolin Garcia-Torres," the report read in part.
The new charges didn't exactly spell out how Torres was linked to the 2009 cases. And much of the court file against Torres has previously been sealed. The newly obtained police reports shed more detail into what evidence investigators have on Torres, who has entered a not guilty plea and denied requests for comment.

Torres worked at a Safeway, and the newly obtained Morgan Hill police reports, indicate that he used his club card three days before Sierra disappeared to buy bleach and a turkey baster. How those items are relevant to her disappearance were not spelled out. The stack of reports also show that Torres did  not work on the two days of the attempted 2009 carjackings.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #487 on: November 17, 2012, 07:28:31 AM »

Torres worked at a Safeway, and the newly obtained Morgan Hill police reports, indicate that he used his club card three days before Sierra disappeared to buy bleach and a turkey baster. How those items are relevant to her disappearance were not spelled out. The stack of reports also show that Torres did  not work on the two days of the attempted 2009 carjackings.

I don't even want to think about this.   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: November 17, 2012, 10:38:58 AM »

I don't even want to think about this.   

Me either Buckeye.   

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #489 on: November 20, 2012, 01:23:28 PM »

I remember reading about co-workers praising him and not believing he could be involved.  Looks like they didn't know him as well as they thought.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: December 08, 2012, 12:15:44 AM »

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/plea-hearing-for-sierra-lamar-murder-suspect-scheduled-for-monday/article_380a58e6-0654-5ff9-a4a8-baf2e9ce7a1b.html

Plea hearing for Sierra LaMar murder suspect scheduled for Monday
Posted: Friday, December 7, 2012 1:37 pm | Updated: 3:45 pm, Fri Dec 7, 2012.

A plea hearing for Antolin Garcia Torres, the Morgan Hill man accused of kidnapping and murdering missing teen Sierra LaMar, is scheduled for Monday at the Hall of Justice in San Jose.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: December 10, 2012, 12:18:58 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8914132

Sierra LaMar murder suspect back in court
Sunday, December 09, 2012

MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- The man charged with the murder of missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar is scheduled to return to court Monday to face additional kidnapping charges.

The charges are connected to three incidents back in 2009 that investigators say happened when Antolin Garcia Torres was 17-years-old. One involved a stun gun.

Although no body has been found, the now 21-year-old Torres was arrested in May for Sierra's murder based on DNA evidence.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: December 10, 2012, 04:11:14 PM »

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/crime_fire_courts/search_for_sierra/sierra-lamar-murder-suspect-declines-to-appear-in-court/article_fab50756-4307-11e2-a5ef-001a4bcf6878.html

Sierra LaMar murder suspect declines to appear in court
Garcia Torres will be re-arraigned Wednesday on new charges

Posted: Monday, December 10, 2012 12:27 pm | Updated: 12:38 pm, Mon Dec 10, 2012

The Morgan Hill man accused of kidnapping and murdering missing teen Sierra LaMar again waived his right to appear at a hearing this morning at the Hall of Justice in San Jose, authorities said.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #493 on: December 12, 2012, 09:26:05 PM »

Thank you grace-land for these articles.
It is such a painful thought about her death.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: December 14, 2012, 08:01:10 PM »

Thank you grace-land for these articles.
It is such a painful thought about her death.

You're welcome, Sister.  It is sad; but he is in jail and justice will come. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: December 14, 2012, 08:04:26 PM »

http://newark.patch.com/articles/sierra-lamar-murder-suspect-arraigned-on-three-new-attempted-kidnapping-charges

Sierra LaMar Murder Suspect Arraigned on Three New Attempted Kidnapping Charges
December 13, 2012

Antolin Garcia Torres, charged in the alleged murder and kidnapping of missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar, was arraigned Wednesday on three new counts of attempted kidnapping in commission of a carjacking, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office.

Torres, who leaned against a doorway during the brief hearing in Santa Clara County Superior Court, waived his right to a preliminary hearing within 60 days of the arraignment, Deputy District Attorney David Boyd said.

Torres, who has yet to enter a plea on any of the charges, answered "Yes, your honor" and "Thank you, your honor" after Santa Clara County Judge Jerome Nadler asked him if he understood he would be giving up his right to a preliminary hearing within 60 days.

Nadler then set a hearing for Feb. 6 when Torres may enter a plea to murder and kidnapping charges related to the disappearance of LaMar, and the three new charges stemming from alleged attacks on three women in Morgan Hill in 2009.

A preliminary hearing on all of the allegations could be set after Torres enters a plea, Boyd said. Torres, 21, was arrested on May 22 in connection with LaMar's disappearance.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: January 09, 2013, 12:55:12 AM »

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/20537752/sierra-lamars-accused-killers-father-in-court

Sierra LaMar's Accused Killer's Father Faces Life Imprisonment
Posted: Jan 08, 2013 7:45 PM CST Updated: Jan 08, 2013 7:45 PM CST

SAN JOSE, Calif.- The sentencing hearing for the father of Sierra LaMar's suspected killer took place Tuesday in a San Jose courtroom after three weeks of a delay where prosecutors said they will push for a life imprisonment penalty.

Genaro Garcia Fernandez was convicted of child sexual assault.

A judge had put off Fernandez's sentencing due to illness. He will return to court January 28th. As for his son, the accused killer of 15-year-old Morgan Hill Teenager Sierra LaMar, Antolin Garcia-Torres will return to a San Jose courtroom for a continued plea hearing on February 6 for assault charges for three other women in 2009.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: February 07, 2013, 02:41:23 AM »

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/hearing-for-sierra-murder-suspect-continued/article_b3248970-70d4-11e2-8a42-0019bb30f31a.html

Hearing for Sierra murder suspect continued
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 7:15 pm

Antolin Garcia Torres, the Morgan Hill man accused of kidnapping and murdering 16-year-old Sierra LaMar, waived his right to appear for a motion on subpoena hearing scheduled at the Hall of Justice in San Jose Wednesday.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: February 07, 2013, 10:52:04 PM »

http://losgatos.patch.com/articles/death-penalty-could-be-sought-for-sierra-lamar-suspected-killer

Death Penalty Could be Sought For Sierra LaMar Suspected Killer
 8:29 am (February 7, 2003)

The death penalty could be sought for Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar's suspected kidnapper and killer Antolin Garcia Torres, a county prosecutor said Wednesday.

"Death can be sought [in this case] but a decision to seek death has not been made," said Santa Clara County Deputy District Attorney David Boyd.

Boyd's comments came after a brief court hearing in Department 23 of the San Jose Hall of Justice where Garcia Torres' new plea hearing was set for 9 a.m. April 4.

Boyd said such a hearing will be preceded by a motion's hearing for subpoenaed records by Garcia Torres' attorneys on Feb. 20.

The prosecutor said he had agreed to file his response to their motion by the end of this week.

Every document being filed on the case is being posted online due to Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Richard Loftis Jr.'s order that all records in the case must be scanned and uploaded to the Santa Clara County Superior Court's website.
---------------------------
Santa Clara County Superior Court's website: http://www.scscourt.org/general_info/news_media/garcia-torres.shtml
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: February 10, 2013, 03:31:09 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.