April 26, 2024, 07:42:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Heath's body found after 26 yrs., case remains open 2 yrs. later CT  (Read 2683 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: April 21, 2012, 06:11:14 AM »

This one is so obvious......... it is a wtf moment.......

Case still open 2 years after body found

John Pirro

Updated 11:22 p.m., Friday, April 20, 2012
NEWTOWN -- For more than a quarter century, the sprawling, cinder-block barn overlooking Poverty Hollow Road concealed the answer to a mystery.

The mystery had faded from the memories of all but a few friends and family members of Elizabeth Heath, who lived in the house next door until she vanished without a trace in the spring of 1984.

For years, anyone who asked what had become of 30-year-old, music-loving mother and organic gardening devotee got the same answer from her husband, John Heath.

He said Elizabeth had run off in the middle of the night, leaving behind her 4-year-old daughter, her dog and virtually all of her possessions.

But on April 14, 2010, 26 years and eight days after John Heath reported his wife missing, the new owner of the property and his son made a gruesome discovery.

When they tore up the floor of the apartment that John Heath built in the barn's basement years earlier, they found her skeleton, wrapped in bedding and stuffed in a plastic garbage bag.

An autopsy determined she had been killed by a blow to the head.

Elizabeth Heath hadn't gone anywhere, it turned out. Her last trip had covered only about 200 feet. But two years later, police have yet to say who took her on that journey, even though to some the list of possible suspects isn't a long one.

::snipping2::

Well-publicized problems at the state's crime lab in Meriden, coupled with increased demand for evidence testing from law enforcement agencies across the state, created a huge a backlog of items waiting to be analyzed, especially those involving DNA.

Evidence from the Heath case was among them.

But in recent months, the situation has improved, and investigators are now waiting for only a few items to be returned, Kehoe said. "Then we can make a determination about which way we are going to go," he said.

HUGE  ::snipping2::

Sometime before Elizabeth Heath's body was found, Newtown police had begun taking another look at her disappearance as part of an effort to clear three missing person's cases that have remained unsolved for years, Kehoe said.

Kehoe defended the department's initial handling of the case, which long predated his appointment as chief, and also said there was a good reason to proceed cautiously with the current investigation.

"A rush to judgment would be very bad," he said. "For us and the state of Connecticut."

http://www.newstimes.com/policereports/article/Case-still-open-2-years-after-body-found-3498569.php

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 06:14:23 AM »

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21275&highlight=HEATH

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 04:55:11 PM »

"rush to judgement'  Really???  That's the excuse he's going with?  <insert major eye roll here>

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.