March 28, 2024, 02:03:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tucson police search for missing 6-year-old girl - Isabel Mercedes Celis #1  (Read 573667 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 07:24:19 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-tucson-girl-isabel-celis-nearby-homes-searched/story?id=16194621
Search For Missing Tucson Girl Isabel Celis Checks Nearby Homes
By Colleen Curry
April 23, 2012

Tucson police searched the homes of a number of residences today close to where 6-year-old Isabel Mercedes Celis has disappeared, including one home on the same street as the girl 's house.

The search for the missing girl entered day three today with investigators combing a nearby landfill, canvassing the neighborhood interviewing residents, and examining evidence that FBI search dogs "hit" in the Celis family home.
 ::snipping2::
Villasenor would not say which residences were searched today, after police obtained warrants for the case, but did acknowledge that more than 15 registered sex offenders live within a three mile radius of the family's home, including at least one who lives in the immediate vicinity.

Detectives have interviewed all of the offenders, he said.

The search for Celis intensified after two FBI search dogs hit upon something in the Celis family home overnight. Villasenor noted that there was a cadavaer dog and a scent dog used in the search.
"We have information we obtained from the dogs that has necessitated more follow-up investigation," Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor said today.

Police evacuated the Celis family from their home today following the dog search, which involved one cadaver dog and one scent-following dog, Villasenor said. They are treating the house as a crime scene.

Police have not ruled out the parents of the missing child as suspects.

"We are investigating all of the parties involved," he said today.

Investigators also continued to search a nearby landfill today where garbage was taken after being picked up at the Celis's home on Saturday, Villasenor said. Having police turn to a landfill for evidence of the girl was a grim turn in the investigation.
Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 08:52:35 PM »

When is the last time anyone outside of the parent saw this child?  Was she in school on Friday?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 10:01:40 PM »

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

Latest Update New pictures of missing 6-year-old Isabel Celis released

05:30 PM

TUCSON - The family and friends of the 6-year-old girl missing since Friday night have released additional photos of her.

The pictures above were posted to the Facebook page

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 10:03:18 PM »

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/17664462/celis-family-releases-statement

Celis family releases statement
Posted: Apr 23, 2012 6:40 PM PDT Updated: Apr 23, 2012 6:40 PM PDT
By Sarah Cantey - email

Isabel Celis was last seen Friday, April 20. Isabel Celis was last seen Friday, April 20.

The Celis family released a statement regarding the disappearance of their 6-year-old daughter Isabel.

The following statement was given by the family to Tucson Police who forwarded it to Tucson News Now.

"We appreciate everyone's interest in finding our daughter, Isabel and thank all the volunteers who have come out to search for her. We are cooperating fully with authorities and are focused only on her safe return. We appreciate all your energy and efforts and continue to need the community's help. Please call the TPD if you have any information. We love Isabel and will never give up finding her. Thanks you for all your support."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 10:09:03 PM »

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/family-of-missing-isabel-celis-vows-to-never-give-up/article_3268f938-8d59-11e1-91b9-0019bb2963f4.html

Family of missing Isabel Celis vows to never give up search

Posted: Monday, April 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Tucson police continued to search the Los Reales Landfill as part of the investigation into a missing 6-year-old girl.

Authorities are also conducting a targeted search in a 3-mile radius around Isabel Mercedes Celis’ midtown home, interviewing neighbors, business owners and registered sex offenders, police said Monday.

Isabel was reported missing Saturday morning by her parents. The first-grader was last seen when she was put to bed in her room at 11 p.m. Friday.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 10:31:33 PM »

This beautiful little girl still has little dimples on her hands in the pic of her with the blue dress on..she is just a baby! Please let her be found and safe!
My heart breaks for her family and for her...let her be safe!

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 12:49:12 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-tucson-girl-isabel-celis-nearby-homes-searched/story?id=16194621#.T5YukKuvKSo

Missing Tucson Girl Isabel Celis' Family Will 'Never Give Up Finding Her'

The child was not in her room, and a bedroom window was opened with the screen removed, Villasenor said.

This is the first time I've seen this description.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 12:55:38 AM »

http://blinkoncrime.com/category/isabel-celis/sergio-celis/

Blink's reporting.  Interesting comments.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 11:58:53 AM »

http://blinkoncrime.com/category/isabel-celis/sergio-celis/

Blink's reporting.  Interesting comments.

KittyMom, you asked a very good question as well.  I would really like to know the families movements all day Friday.

This type of abduction is very rare, and the outer windows are casement sliders, which in theory are not large enough to be egress in the first place. 

A few Notes below which are bothering me:

[/img]

These windows are the only exposed outer windows in the home not protected by fencing and accessible to the alley, and the adjacent parking lot.  It appears that they are also the only windows not protected by fencing along the alley corridor in total.

They are at LEAST 5' up from ground level if the fence to the immediate right is at least 4', which is fairly standard.  I am presuming these are horizontal sliding windows and not hinged casements.

If they are hinged casements,  I would say flat out that window was not used to remove this child without someone assisting on both sides and even then  I would be highly suspect.

These windows would lock via the center moving sash and would use one outer screen for both panes of glass.

If someone knew what they were doing, it could be removed fairly easily and quietly, which is what I have been told happened as opposed to it being cut.  If they were locked from the inside,  there is no way there would not be obvious signs of forced entry to the exterior.

To my knowledge, there was not.

You can visibly see the horizontal blinds in the image, so again, they are not accessible to pull up from the outside-  someone coming in from the exterior would need to deal with them,  depending upon what they are made of could be a noise factor.

These windows appear to be standard size for the time the home was built, so they are quite small in terms of an adult, let alone an adult and a child getting in and out of them.

I have wood blinds on my first floor and they are LOUD and heavy when adjusting them.

With 2 older brothers, both parents and a dog in the home,  I am having a hard time believing someone is getting in and out of that window with a "sleeping" child.  There are cinder block and stones below the alleged access point which would have resulted in footprints, etc. 

This person, if acting alone would have to be at least 5'9" -6'tall to clear that opening without any sort of step stool and absolutely need to be thin in build.

If I were a betting person,  and one of the reasons why I want to know if the family was away earlier,  it is more plausible to me that someone broke into the home via that window, waited inside the home and left via another exit,  or that someone accessed the home by some other means and had help removing the child via the window and then exited themselves.

Horrific scenario to my knowledge has not been ruled out- Young Isa was victimized in her room and removed unconscious or worse.  (this is even rarer, but not unheard of if the unsub is younger and does not live alone or have access to an alternative location).  I do not believe this scenario personally, however.

Last scenario- the scene was staged for some reason by some individual.

The concrete wall which abutts the house does provide an area for concealment, but I counted 6 parking lot lights within a 50 yard radius across the street which are certainly going to provide some lighting to that alley.

It is my understanding the home is being released to the family but Isa's room and some other areas remain secured.

Does anyone know if the home has a finished basement?

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »

Sorry, not sure why this image did not post, trying again.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2012, 01:26:15 PM »

Dogs on duty when Tucson child vanished

TUCSON, April 24 (UPI) -- A cadre of watchdogs was present in the home of an Arizona girl the night she disappeared but it was unclear Tuesday if they ever raised the alarm, police said

Borboa also said investigators were still trying to confirm that Isabel attended school on Friday.

The Arizona Daily Star said the Celis family continued to cooperate with investigators and that their home and vehicle and were free to return to their home if they desire.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/04/24/Dogs-on-duty-when-Tucson-child-vanished/UPI-27851335284902/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »

Family of missing Isabel Mercedes Celis allowed to return home

TUCSON, Ariz. - The family of a 6-year-old girl who disappeared from her bedroom was given the go-ahead to return to their Tucson home after authorities completed a search of the house.

Police spokesman Sgt. Marco Borboa says Isabel Mercedes Celis' family was told Tuesday that they could return to the house. It's unknown whether they had returned.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/mornings/family-of-missing-isabel-mercedes-celis-allowed-to-return-home-042412
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »

I did not realize that the window to her room were that small and that high off the ground! 

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2012, 01:51:05 PM »

I just got off a call with a source that said they have not been able to confirm Isabel attended school Friday,  has anyone seen any confirmations of that?

Same question was posed this morning and the PIO did not know.  He was very sketchy about the "who was last seen" with Isabel.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2012, 02:24:23 PM »

I did not realize that the window to her room were that small and that high off the ground! 

Correct.  I am not going to name any names, but there is an RSO I am gravely concerned about, and his record includes kidnapping, theft of a vehicle, possession of burglary tools, improper window tint, rape, and he is a high risk offender  dating as far back as 1997.

He is 3 houses and 200 feet down from the Celis family.  His home was searched yesterday morning.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2012, 03:27:34 PM »

did someone mess up and leave the garage door open
looks like a garage
http://g.co/maps/ma52x

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2012, 04:18:14 PM »

$6,000 reward posted for missing girl Isabel Celis

TUCSON, AZ (CBS5) - Pima County's 88-CRIME and the family of Tucson girl Isabel Celis have put up a $6,000 reward for significant leads that point to the whereabouts of the missing 6-year-old.

The family is putting up $5,000 with the additional $1,000 coming from the crime stoppers program.

http://www.kpho.com/story/17687725/6000-reward-posted-for-missing-girl-isabel-celis
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2012, 04:19:18 PM »

Cops search landfill for missing Arizona girl

Police looking for evidence in the weekend disappearance of six-year-old Isabel Celis searched a landfill near her Tucson, Arizona, home.

According to the Arizona Daily Star, investigators said garbage was picked up in the neighborhood before Isabel was reported missing on Saturday morning and they have secured the area of the Los Reales Landfill, where that trash would have been dumped. Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor called the search “normal protocol.”

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/04/24/landfill-home-searched-missing-girl-case
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2012, 04:20:24 PM »

Day 4: FBI profilers to help find missing Tucson girl

12:30 — FBI profilers will be in Tucson this afternoon to begin working on the case of a missing Tucson girl, police said.

The behavior analysts who in part help develop a profile of possible suspects in crimes, might “tell us what we’re looking for,” Chief Roberto Villaseñor, told reporters at a news briefing today.

Villaseñor confirmed that the Celis family — parents Sergio and Becky Celis, as well as their two sons — were at home Friday, the last time Isabel was seen before she was reported missing Saturday morning. He said he did not believe anyone else was at the home Friday night.

The next police news conference is set for 4 p.m. today.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/police-still-holding-hope-isabel-can-be-found-alive/article_3fc57de1-a2a3-5085-895d-7e911259feb3.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »

Police: Search phase winding down; now investigating some 260 leads

TUCSON - Police are winding down search operations and ramping up the investigation phase into the disappearance of 6-year-old Isabel Celis.

At a 4 p.m. news conference, Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor said they have completed searching the Los Reales landfill and will be shutting down the operation there.

By tonight, police will significantly reduce staff searching the area around the east side neighborhood where Isabel was last seen.

"We've hit every area we can find," Chief Villasenor said, noting their search teams have searched some areas three or four times.

http://www.kvoa.com/news/police-search-phase-winding-down-now-investigating-some-260-leads/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.