March 28, 2024, 01:46:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tucson police search for missing 6-year-old girl - Isabel Mercedes Celis #1  (Read 573665 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #480 on: May 05, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Parents-of-Isabel-Celis-give-interview-2-week-after-she-disappeared-150259995.html

Parents of Isabel Celis give interview two weeks after she disappeared

Tucson police say Sergio and Becky Celis have been given lie detector tests. They took the polygraph test within the first few days of the investigation. Police said the test results are being withheld and they are part of an investigative tool used by detectives.

And there is the rub.  If LE truly believed this to be a stranger abduction they'd come out and say that they don't believe the parents to be involved.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: May 05, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »

Could it be that the Moore surveillance footage revealed ....

1.  Uncle/Cousin Justin arriving in a vehicle while the Celis' family slept.
2.  Justin entering the home (key/key pad?).
3.  Justin staging a kidnapping (window/screen)
4.  Justin leaving the home carrying a large duffle bag.
5.  Justin placing the duffle bag in a vehicle and driving away.
6.  6:30 AM - The Celis dogs barking at unknown persons walking on the pathway outside the property wall.
7.  Justin returning at approximately 8:00 AM

+++++

Tucson Police spokesperson Sgt. Maria Hawke

RAW: Tucson Police's 2 p.m. update on day 13 of Celis
Posted 2:24 PM 5/3/2012

She began the conference with a clarification about what yesterday's activity at the Celis house was about

"As you all know, the family has been allowed to return to the house," Hawke said. "They can come and go as they please. It's my understanding that they are not staying there yet. That may come in the future. I simply don't know, ultimately that will be their decision. They were happy to cooperate with investigators as they have been all along - to help us get that better understanding, that was what yesterday was all about."

http://www.kvoa.com/videos/raw-tucson-police-s-2-p-m-update-on-day-13-of-celis-investigation/

KittyMom

Since the getgo ... spokespersons for the investigation ahave stated that the parents are cooperating with the investigation.  Could it be that Becky and Sergio have not been ruled out because the Moore surveillence footage may have captured Justin's activities outside the home but ... there is no confirmation that Justin was not summoned by Isabel's parents following something bad happening.

Cell phone records could reveal whether there was communication between Justin and Isabel's parents that night.

IMO

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: May 05, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »

Uncle: Isabel's parents glad they went on TV
Posted: May 03, 2012 2:11 PM PDT
Updated: May 03, 2012 4:20 PM PDT

Tucson Police confirmed today that the parents took polygraph tests early in the investigation.

Sgt. Maria Hawke said at a press conference, "It is accurate that the parents have done polygraph tests," but those results will not be shared.

<snipped>

TPD says they are not able to release any additional surveillance video at this time.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18115892/tpd-parents-have-taken-polygraph-test

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #483 on: May 05, 2012, 10:24:35 PM »

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/do-you-have-video-that-could-help-find-isabel/article_16df6102-96e1-11e1-99b6-0019bb2963f4.html

Do you have video that could help find Isabel?

Police especially want any videos taken by individuals or surveillance systems the days before and after Isabel went missing, and detectives continue to watch videos for clues, Pacheco said.
In response to a question, Pacheco said that whoever did this did an "adequate" job of covering his or her tracks.

So, do they want video from the ball park, from the child's school, from the neighborhood? 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: May 05, 2012, 10:40:11 PM »

Latest Update Police say whoever did this did an "adequate" job
06:36 PM

TUCSON - It's been two weeks since 6-year-old Isabel Celis was reported missing, but still no solid leads on where the first-grader could be.

At a news conference Saturday, Tucson Police said they're working on more than 900 tips. A majority of them aren't substantial. Around 20 investigators and analysts are working the case this weekend. They're also looking at video, but won't say what it is or where it's from.

<snipped>

"We're going to operate and continue to work this investigation under the assumption that she is alive and that we will bring her back safely to her family," says Lt. Fabian Pacheco.

So far, questions about who could be involved haven't been answered.

"We're just not at a position yet that we could share those things with you, not at a position where we could tell you we have this person as a suspect or that person as a suspect."

Many are beginning to wonder how much TPD really knows.

"Whoever is involved did an adequate job of really covering a lot of things that we could possibly look at."

<snipped>

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/#fcanchor

_____

cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: May 06, 2012, 12:39:05 PM »

Latest Update Police say whoever did this did an "adequate" job
06:36 PM

TUCSON - It's been two weeks since 6-year-old Isabel Celis was reported missing, but still no solid leads on where the first-grader could be.

At a news conference Saturday, Tucson Police said they're working on more than 900 tips. A majority of them aren't substantial. Around 20 investigators and analysts are working the case this weekend. They're also looking at video, but won't say what it is or where it's from.

<snipped>

"We're going to operate and continue to work this investigation under the assumption that she is alive and that we will bring her back safely to her family," says Lt. Fabian Pacheco.

So far, questions about who could be involved haven't been answered.

"We're just not at a position yet that we could share those things with you, not at a position where we could tell you we have this person as a suspect or that person as a suspect."

Many are beginning to wonder how much TPD really knows.

"Whoever is involved did an adequate job of really covering a lot of things that we could possibly look at."

<snipped>

" adequate job"? I think the police is not doing an "adequate job" because if the kidnappers cleaned all the tracks very well... how is possible that the screen window was left out? I think that girl was kidnapped by a family member or drug user....I think the police should be checking if the parents were drug users or they were selling some kind of prescribed medication in their house, everytime the parents are involve in that kind of bussines the kids start disappearing from their own homes
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #486 on: May 06, 2012, 12:57:36 PM »

We need to remember all that went on re: the Samantha Keonig case in Alaska, we couldn't understand why they didn't release the video of her kidnapping.  All the nasty talk of her lifestyle, questioning her father's actions etc.

Behind the scenes LE & family were on track, after that animal that took her.  To me they did a fantastic job chasing him down although it did take weeks to catch him!

So I will hold off being critical of how and why LE is dealing with this case, along with reactions from the parents throughout this and hold out hope that Isa is found safe!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: May 06, 2012, 03:01:28 PM »

We need to remember all that went on re: the Samantha Keonig case in Alaska, we couldn't understand why they didn't release the video of her kidnapping.  All the nasty talk of her lifestyle, questioning her father's actions etc.

Behind the scenes LE & family were on track, after that animal that took her.  To me they did a fantastic job chasing him down although it did take weeks to catch him!

So I will hold off being critical of how and why LE is dealing with this case, along with reactions from the parents throughout this and hold out hope that Isa is found safe!

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: May 06, 2012, 07:18:34 PM »

Latest Update Isabel Celis' parents attend charity softball game
09:03 PM

TUCSON - Isabel Celis' parents attended a charity softball game to help bring their daughter home.

Teams competed in a tournament at the Kino Sports Complex Saturday afternoon.

"To be out here, it's hard," Isabel's mother Becky Celis said, "because Isa's not here, and this is what she loves to do."

Registration cost $150. Seven teams played. The money will pay for more fliers and other items to spread the message about the girl's disappearance.
Isabel's father Sergio was coaching his team from the first-base line.

"Being around family and watching them play," Sergio Celis said, "that's a lot of fun."

Sergio Celis said it was still difficult to enjoy himself.

"It is all for Isabel," Sergio Celis said, "and we can't go crawling under a rock. We do got to be out there."

Becky Celis said all the negative attention her family is receiving is sometimes excessive.

"But you know what? It doesn't matter," Becky Celis said. "It doesn't matter how we're viewed. We just want Isabel back, so we're going to do whatever we can to bring Isabel home."

Becky and Sergio Celis plan on attending more events and helping the volunteers who have been working to bring Isabel home.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: May 06, 2012, 10:05:50 PM »

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/media-interviews-of-isabel-s-parents-prompt-new-tips-but/article_78ecf17e-05cb-5f72-8053-1af8ad74c688.html
Media interviews of Isabel's parents prompt new tips, but few are helpful
May 6, 2012

::snipping2::
At least 15 detectives and analysts are working the case this weekend, following up on tips regarding the disappearance of 6-year-old Isabel Celis.

Police have received more tips since Isabel's parents gave their first media interviews last week, said Lt. Fabian Pacheco, a Tucson Police Department spokesman.

The parents appeared on the "Today" show Thursday and met with local media Friday.

However, few of those tips have helped advance the investigation, Pacheco said.

"The vast majority are not good leads," he said.

"It's a challenging case but I wouldn't say we're flustered," Pacheco said. "We recognize these investigations are complicated. Things just don't happen overnight."

Police have not revealed any information about DNA or other forensic evidence collected, but whoever did this did an "adequate" job of covering their tracks, he said.
Two weeks after Isabel was reported missing from her midtown home, police have not identified a suspect, but no one has been ruled out. Police said last week that her parents, Sergio and Becky Celis, took polygraph tests, but they wouldn't discuss the results.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: May 06, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »

http://www.kvoa.com/news/tucson-police-holding-fewer-briefings-in-isabel-celis-case/
Tucson Police holding fewer briefings in Isabel Celis case
May 6, 2012

TUCSON - Tucson Police held a news conference Sunday morning where they announced they'll be reducing the number of briefings regarding the search for missing 6-year-old Isabel Celis.

Lt. Fabian Pacheco said work on the case is scaling down because that's part of the natural progression of the investigation.

Detectives will be meeting Monday morning to assess where they're at in the investigation and where they need to go from here.

Lt. Pacheco insists this isn't a cold case and that police continue making daily progress in their search to find Isa.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #491 on: May 07, 2012, 07:58:37 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/article/father-of-missing-girl-isabel-celis-sings-at-benefit-concert

Father of missing girl Isabel Celis sings at benefit concert

Sunday night, the father of missing Tucson, Ariz. girl Isabel Celis sang at a concert organized to raise money to search for her.

Sergio Celis gave an emotional, heartwarming performance, which brought many who attended to tears, according to the Chicago Tribune.

To see photos of Isabel Celis, click here.

Celis, an opera singer, sang Ave Maria to the crowd of around 100 people who gathered at Catalina United Methodist Church in Tucson.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #492 on: May 07, 2012, 09:15:51 PM »

Daddy coaches at the softball tourny and sings at the concert.  This is a first in all the cases I've followed through the years.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #493 on: May 07, 2012, 09:45:53 PM »

Daddy coaches at the softball tourny and sings at the concert.  This is a first in all the cases I've followed through the years.

Yeah...I really don't get this.  I understand getting out there and searching for your child and getting the word out, after numerous heartfelt pleas...but, something just isn't sitting well with me.  Do you think they know that she is okay?  I mean...this is likely really far off...I usually stay away from conspiracy type theories...ha...but, with all of the money being made off of missing/killed children (Anthony's started this) could this be a possibility? Or maybe they are simply very strong willed people that can go on even though their child is missing.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #494 on: May 07, 2012, 10:31:09 PM »

Yeah...I really don't get this.  I understand getting out there and searching for your child and getting the word out, after numerous heartfelt pleas...but, something just isn't sitting well with me.  Do you think they know that she is okay?  I mean...this is likely really far off...I usually stay away from conspiracy type theories...ha...but, with all of the money being made off of missing/killed children (Anthony's started this) could this be a possibility? Or maybe they are simply very strong willed people that can go on even though their child is missing.

I don't know what to think.  But, remember John Walsh?  Erin Runnion?  Mark Lunsford?  Those are people I would call 'strong-willed' and they all reacted in a similar manner to their missing children.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: May 07, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »

I don't know what to think.  But, remember John Walsh?  Erin Runnion?  Mark Lunsford?  Those are people I would call 'strong-willed' and they all reacted in a similar manner to their missing children.

Yes, you are right...but it seems they did so AFTER they had time to grieve.  But, maybe not...I don't really recall how long it was.  It just seems it was done in a different manner.  I'm not sure what I am trying to describe here.  I know that we are not all the same...but, it seems that while my child was missing...I would be searching relentlessly.  I would be handing out flyers...I would be pleading on television...I would be knocking on every neighbors door...I would be at the police station constantly...but somehow singing and coaching wouldn't be on my list and my kids love baseball/softball.  We are there ALL of the time.  I would be there to support the baseball league for supporting me and my child.  I don't know...maybe I am just reading them wrong.  Does that make sense at all KittyMom?  It's just an overall feeling I get, I suppose.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #496 on: May 07, 2012, 10:51:07 PM »

Yes, you are right...but it seems they did so AFTER they had time to grieve.  But, maybe not...I don't really recall how long it was.  It just seems it was done in a different manner.  I'm not sure what I am trying to describe here.  I know that we are not all the same...but, it seems that while my child was missing...I would be searching relentlessly.  I would be handing out flyers...I would be pleading on television...I would be knocking on every neighbors door...I would be at the police station constantly...but somehow singing and coaching wouldn't be on my list and my kids love baseball/softball.  We are there ALL of the time.  I would be there to support the baseball league for supporting me and my child.  I don't know...maybe I am just reading them wrong.  Does that make sense at all KittyMom?  It's just an overall feeling I get, I suppose.
I'm sorry.  I wasn't very clear.  Those parents I listed all reacted the same which is NOT the way I've seen the Celis couple behave.  And yes, we all react differently.  But in all the cases I've ever followed, I've never seen one where a parent does this.  Most are inconsolable.  They beg for their child's face to be on tv.  They plead for searchers to continue looking.  They work tirelessly to find their missing child.  This is just a terribly strange situation and one I'll bet the FBI profilers are closely watching.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #497 on: May 07, 2012, 10:54:28 PM »

I'm sorry.  I wasn't very clear.  Those parents I listed all reacted the same which is NOT the way I've seen the Celis couple behave.  And yes, we all react differently.  But in all the cases I've ever followed, I've never seen one where a parent does this.  Most are inconsolable.  They beg for their child's face to be on tv.  They plead for searchers to continue looking.  They work tirelessly to find their missing child.  This is just a terribly strange situation and one I'll bet the FBI profilers are closely watching.

Okay...yes...I think that we are thinking along the same lines.  Something definitely feels off here.  I guess that is what is called my "hinky meter." 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: May 08, 2012, 02:28:16 AM »

Video at link

http://www.kvoa.com/news/mobile-billboard-donated-to-help-in-seach-for-isabel-celis/

Mobile billboard donated to help in seach for Isabel Celis
Posted: May 7, 2012 9:24 PM
Updated: May 7, 2012 10:50 PM

TUCSON - Day 17 since six-year-old Isabel Celis disappeared from her eastside home and still there are no solid leads.

Meantime police have scaled back the number of officers assigned to the case.

Volunteers are stepping up efforts to assist the investigation.

Many of the signs and fliers you see around Tucson, were donated by local graphic design companies. There's now a mobile billboard zooming around town.
Tucson Police will hold a news conference Tuesday and again Thursday to update their progress into Isabel's disappearance.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #499 on: May 08, 2012, 04:00:52 AM »

Is it just me, or is anyone else not feeling the urgency with this case as with other cases?  Something about this case has been missing for me, I couldn't put my finger on it.

I watched a couple of video recordings of Isabel, in the home, "singing" along and "dancing" with Abba to "Money, Money, Money", "Honey Honey" and "Dancing Queen". 

http://youtu.be/Upb9neqzqe4 

In vid 1, it starts off with the song "Money, Money, Money". 

At 1:34 approx. "Dancing Queen" begins. 

At 2:06 approx., a woman is heard directing Isabel to "Hop on the thing, get up there", meaning the divider table between the couches.  (Why would you want your child to stand on this? There's the possibility of the child falling, or breaking this table from their weight.  I wouldn't advise it.)

http://youtu.be/6sJzKyJQIgM 

In vid 2, at approx 0:21, the woman is directing Isabel "Go ahead, you do it" and Isabel begins to clap.

At 1:10 approx, "Honey, Honey" begins to play and we see Isabel with a microphone.

At 3:10 approx, we hear someone in the distance saying "Ready?....ready?" and what appears to be the younger of the two brothers walks into the room.

At approx 3:20, it appears the older brother walks in.

It seems as though they were going somewhere, (The little brother asking "Ready?....Ready?") but recording this video, through 3 songs, was more of a priority than getting ready to go.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.