March 29, 2024, 03:11:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tucson police search for missing 6-year-old girl - Isabel Mercedes Celis #1  (Read 573749 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: May 08, 2012, 08:22:25 AM »

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/search-for-isabel-celis-police-update-is-today/article_0724ef3f-b21a-5af7-8f56-787ab96ec3db.html
Search for Isabel Celis: police update is today
May 8, 2012

::snipping2::
Police are set to update the case today, at 2 p.m

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #501 on: May 08, 2012, 10:51:51 AM »

Thanks Muffy!   an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: May 08, 2012, 11:52:55 AM »

Thanks Muffy!   an angelic monkey

You're welcome, Can. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: May 08, 2012, 10:06:16 PM »

Police: 20 detectives and 30 support staffers working on Celis case
Posted: May 8, 2012 3:34 PM
Updated: May 8, 2012 3:38 PM

<snipped>

Earlier this afternoon, Tucson Police held a news briefing to update the public and media about the investigation.

There are no new leads that police can comment on, but they have received more than 1,000 tips.

Right now, about 50 personnel are working the case: 20 detectives and 30 support staff. The FBI and US Marshalls are assisting too.

At today's news conference, Sgt. Maria Hawke says Isabel's disappearance is still classified as a "possible abduction." No one has been ruled out, and they're investigating all possible scenarios.

"We've been examining every possibility. Whether it be extended family members, friends, people who have visited the neighborhood or regulars in the neighborhood," Sgt. Hawke said. "They have a very active social life outside outside of the home as well. So pretty much everyone they come into contact with has obviously looked at.:02 There has not been one person that has been identified as a suspect, as well as no one has been eliminated from suspicion in this case."

Sgt. Hawke also talked about their process of elimination when it comes to identifying possible suspects. So far, she says no one has been identified, nor ruled out.

Video
http://www.kvoa.com/news/police-20-detectives-and-30-support-staffers-working-on-celis-case/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #504 on: May 09, 2012, 10:15:12 AM »

3 large dogs in the home at the time of the disappearance?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: May 09, 2012, 04:08:07 PM »

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/search-for-isabel-celis-police-review-more-video/article_1f27aafb-edcc-51a5-8c81-63e4b2dcdb09.html
Search for Isabel Celis: police review more video
May 9, 2012

Police are reviewing hours' worth of surveillance video taken near Isabel's home around the time she was reported missing, Sgt. Maria Hawke said at a news briefing Tuesday.

Meanwhile, the 911 call to police the day Isabel disappeared continues to be withheld from the public. It will be released after police remove some of the information in the call, Hawke said.

Friends and co-workers of Isabel's mother, Becky Celis, who is a Tucson Medical Center nurse, are asking for help in manning the makeshift volunteer center in the shopping center parking lot on the southeast corner of South Craycroft Road and East Broadway.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: May 10, 2012, 02:25:58 PM »

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/search-for-isabel-celis-update/article_f40f088a-d537-5627-9f7a-7a3a3e572d9f.html
Search for Isabel Celis: Update
May 10, 2012

There was no briefing by the Tucson Police Department about the case Wednesday, and the next briefing is set for today at 2 p.m. Today is Day 20 of the investigation, which began when Isabel, 6, was reported missing from her midtown Tucson home the morning of April 21.

This past weekend, a softball tournament and a concert raised $3,089 - bringing the total to more than $17,600 raised through fundraisers to help the Celis family. Included in the $17,600 raised is $11,600 donated to the Tucson Medical Center Foundation fund from dono
Volunteers have organized a candlelight walk for Isabel on May 18 at 7 p.m. at the volunteer center in the Office Max parking lot at the southeast corner of Broadway and Craycroft Road. Donations will be accepted at the center and during the walk.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: May 11, 2012, 10:20:37 AM »

Thoroughly confused by this information:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/05/10/jvm-isabel-celis-audio-recording

Dispatchers could have gotten erroneous information on the 911 call I suppose,  but this states pink tank top , navy shorts, and that she was last seen at 10PM.

Said 911 call was made by an AUNT and that the Mom was at work but on her way home, no mention of Dad whatsoever.

I really do not know what they are redacting from the 911 call, and I question the legality of doing that unless it names a poi or investigative fact that would hinder the case or apprehension of a suspect.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #508 on: May 11, 2012, 10:45:08 AM »

Thoroughly confused by this information:

Dispatchers could have gotten erroneous information on the 911 call I suppose,  but this states pink tank top , navy shorts, and that she was last seen at 10PM.

Said 911 call was made by an AUNT and that the Mom was at work but on her way home, no mention of Dad whatsoever.

I really do not know what they are redacting from the 911 call, and I question the legality of doing that unless it names a poi or investigative fact that would hinder the case or apprehension of a suspect.

This is very interesting indeed.  Considering we were told by the Celis' there were no visitors' in the home that night. 
Could the father have summoned 'the caller' to place the 911 call?  If so, why?
Wouldn't that waste precious time? 
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #509 on: May 11, 2012, 10:55:56 AM »

can- there is a reason that 911 call has not been released, and legally, the only way they can withhold it is if it contains information that would compromise an active investigation or essentially tip off a suspect.

In other words, it is "evidence" in a criminal investigation.  That scope is narrow to survive any FOIA requests, meaning, the state cannot just "not release the whole thing" and expect a judge to seal it.

I gather there are some FOIA requests to release it and that is why they may redact portions and release the rest-  in general the requests if denied in part require responses within 20 days, and appeals thereafter if necessary.

My opinions are the same in this case as they have been,  I hate that.

I hope the successful location of the Bain sisters has an impact on someone's conscience.

B
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #510 on: May 11, 2012, 11:09:35 AM »

can- there is a reason that 911 call has not been released, and legally, the only way they can withhold it is if it contains information that would compromise an active investigation or essentially tip off a suspect.

In other words, it is "evidence" in a criminal investigation.  That scope is narrow to survive any FOIA requests, meaning, the state cannot just "not release the whole thing" and expect a judge to seal it.

I gather there are some FOIA requests to release it and that is why they may redact portions and release the rest-  in general the requests if denied in part require responses within 20 days, and appeals thereafter if necessary.

My opinions are the same in this case as they have been,  I hate that.

I hope the successful location of the Bain sisters has an impact on someone's conscience.

B
Thank you so much for your detailed and informed response Blink.
Think you've been on the right track all along, even though you hate that.

Prayers for that sweet child, Isabel.   
Robyn621
Scared Monkey

« Reply #511 on: May 11, 2012, 07:42:04 PM »

Wonder what this is all about?

Police: CPS has 'increased involvement' in Celis investigation

Recently, detectives became aware of information regarding the welfare of the older Celis children. That information was shared with CPS for their consideration and determination relating to this investigation.

Read the whole news release http://www.kvoa.com/news/police-cps-has-increased-involvement-in-celis-investigation/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: May 11, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »

Thanks Robyn - very interesting
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #513 on: May 11, 2012, 09:07:14 PM »

Recently, detectives became aware of information regarding the welfare of the older Celis children. That information was shared with CPS for their consideration and determination relating to this investigation.

Read the whole news release http://www.kvoa.com/news/police-cps-has-increased-involvement-in-celis-investigation/

Thank you Robyn.  I also wonder.  This suggests to me that this is something more than regular procedure.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: May 11, 2012, 09:13:29 PM »

I am going to give the parents of Isabel a pass on this one.  Think back to the Ann Curry interview.  I was listening to the TV in the living room from the kitchen while preparing breakfast and ... I was positive that I was hearing the voices of two women being questioned by Ann.  I took a peek into the living room to confirm that Sergio and Becky were Ann's guests.  In other words ... without watching Sergio's voice sounded like a woman.  IMO

The reported time in the 911 call was 2200 which equates to 10:00 PM.  In his panic could Sergio have made a mistake or ... could the 911 operator have recorded the time wrong?

Janet

+++++

The Scanner - The 911 Call

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Tapes Released from Night of Girl`s Disappearance
Aired May 10, 2012 - 19:00   ET

<snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, exclusive new developments in the mystery of Isabel Celis` disappearance that you will only see on this show.

We`ve obtained exclusive audio from the police as they responded to the disappearance and possible kidnapping of a 6-year-old. You will hear exactly what cops said and heard as it was happening, starting with this very first dispatch to Isabel`s home that fateful morning. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A possible kidnapping at 5602 East 12th. Complainant woke up, and their 6-year-old daughter is gone. They`ve searched the house. The window was found open, and the screen was outside on the ground.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

<snipped

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE:  In reference to East 12th, the missing 6-year- old female, light brown hair, hazel eyes, about 40 pounds. Last seen in a pink tank top and navy blue shorts when she was put to bed.

Complainant`s actually going to be the sister, and it looks like the mom is en route.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

<snipped>

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The missing child from 5602 East 12th, last seen yesterday at 2200 hours. Isabel Celis, number one female, 4 foot, brown hair, hazel eyes, born in 2005, had her hair in braids. Last seen wearing a pink tank top and navy shorts.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

JOE GOMEZ, KTRH NEWS RADIO: Jane. I mean, you know, typically, look, you woke up in the middle of the night and you found out that your daughter was missing, I mean, certainly you would be severely distressed.

It concerns me that they say that there`s a woman`s voice, you know, on the phone when there was no woman present.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/10/ijvm.01.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: May 11, 2012, 09:21:40 PM »

Exclusive: Recording from day Isabel vanished
updated 2:51 PM EDT, Fri May 11, 2012

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: May 11, 2012, 09:24:21 PM »

Thanks Robyn.

The plot thickens.

Janet

_____

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #517 on: May 11, 2012, 09:42:21 PM »

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18325000/tpd-cps-involvement-with-celis-family-increases

TPD: Celis children placed with only 1 parent

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
Child Protective Services has placed the older brothers of a missing Tucson girl in the care of one of their parents, Tucson News Now has learned.

Tucson Police Lt. Fabian Pacheco said that CPS has placed the children with one of the parents as a safety measure. He would not say which parent has the children

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: May 11, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18325000/tpd-cps-involvement-with-celis-family-increases

TPD: Celis children placed with only 1 parent

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
Child Protective Services has placed the older brothers of a missing Tucson girl in the care of one of their parents, Tucson News Now has learned.

Tucson Police Lt. Fabian Pacheco said that CPS has placed the children with one of the parents as a safety measure. He would not say which parent has the children

Thanks 4 Donks

Janet

_____

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #519 on: May 11, 2012, 10:12:11 PM »

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/#fcanchor

Tucson Police tell News 4 the parents are living separately because of this and one of the parents is not allowed any kind of contact.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.